Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

charrigan's Pick Ups

Comments

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on Sid! You're right, it's not everyday someone is abel to find a signed rookie of his, do you know why this is? Wasn't he a pretty good signer?

Love the Tretiak too. Met him years ago in Michigan. He asked if I play hockey and what position. He said I should be a goalie. Probably should have taken his advice!
  • Patrick: I don't know enough to say for sure, but I think Sid was a good signer in a time when autographing cards was a bit less popular than it is today. Remember, he's been deceased for nearly 15 years. That introduces a level of scarcity that isn't there for many HOFers. Would love to get more information if others know more.

Speaking of, this card popped up at auction over the weekend. I was traveling for work, but set a snipe and won it at a good price. Card is VG-EX with a slight crease on the left side but overall good eye appeal. Not the best Abel auto I have seen but the price made it right. The 1966 Topps set seems to have a lot of autographed cards floating around - I wonder if there aren't a few guys working on it..

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wasn't expecting it, but got quite a few cards back in the mail today. These are cards that I've been gathering/working on for about 6 months. Nice to see a near finished product.

1979 Panini Stickers Vladislav Tretiak HOF RC - private signing (x2)

>>

Awesome stuff with every post, so glad you share it.

Wanted to mention though, those 1979 Tretjak cards are 10 years too late of an issue to be called an RC. I've managed to track down about 25 cards of his issued earlier than that one, going back to 1970, some of which PSA hasn't started grading yet though most are graded now.

• << <i>

<< <i>Wasn't expecting it, but got quite a few cards back in the mail today. These are cards that I've been gathering/working on for about 6 months. Nice to see a near finished product.

1979 Panini Stickers Vladislav Tretiak HOF RC - private signing (x2)

>>

Awesome stuff with every post, so glad you share it.

Wanted to mention though, those 1979 Tretjak cards are 10 years too late of an issue to be called an RC. I've managed to track down about 25 cards of his issued earlier than that one, going back to 1970, some of which PSA hasn't started grading yet though most are graded now. >>

Fair enough. I don't know enough to say otherwise. I said RC only because PSA treats them so for their HOF rookies set registry - thus, my interest!
  • As promised, scans of the keepers from the blue flip group sub posted above.

-- 2009 Gustav Nyquist Maine Black Bears Team Card. Local issue, early sig and fairly rare.
    -- 2009 Gustav Nyquist Maine Black Bears. Same deal.
    -- 1954 Topps Marcel Pronovost. HOF. No longer signing. For some reason, I really really like the look of this autographed card. One of my favorites.
    -- 1952 Parkhurst Ted Lindsay. HOF. Second year. Card show purchase, then TTM. Nice to see the finished product.
    -- 1960 Parkhurst Sid Abel. HOF. It's apparently Sid Abel week here on the thread.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Long time, no post. I, like many of you, I'm sure, have been busy with work. The hobby side of things has been focused on finding high grade examples of signed HOF rookies to upgrade cards I already have. I've bought a few big high-grade HOF RCs that are unsigned, hoping that signings will roll around. I've banked some money for huge blue and red flip PSA/DNA group subs that are just around the corner, trying to meet my collecting resolution to get my autoed cards into slabs. Not much going on with the 1961 Parkhurst set, as I've now moved past the point of readily-available upgrade, but there is a card that I would like in this month's PWCC auction, so we'll see if I can make that happen.

Cards to show...

1990 OPC Rob Blake HOF RC - purchase via a board member on SCN
    1998 UD Martin St. Louis Future HOF RC - eBay
    1984 OPC Doug Gilmour HOF RC - eBay - I paid a lot for this (relatively--$51) because I thought the condition would be good. It is. 8 with outside chance of 9.
    1981 OPC Peter Stastny HOF RC - TTM. PSA 8 crackout.
    2003 UD Pavel Datsyuk PSA/DNA 8 NM-MT - eBay
    2001 Topps Heritage Pavel Datsyuk RC PSA/DNA 8 NM-MT - eBay - both red flip Datsyuks were bought from a seller who listed them closing at weird times with terrible pictures - total purchase price for both was $25 - score!

Some scans:

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

I also got some more blue flip poppage. These are all intended to sell. I can post scans if anyone wants to see.

1990 Score 439 Martin Brodeur
    1990 Score 440 Eric Lindros
    1984 O-Pee-Chee 327 Cam Neely
    1982 O-Pee-Chee 307 Joe Mullen
    1980 O-Pee-Chee 334 Rod Langway
    1980 Topps 195 Mike Gartner
    1980 Topps 140 Ray Bourque
    1978 Topps 115 Mike Bossy
    1974 O-Pee-Chee 180 Borje Salming
    1970 O-Pee-Chee 131 Gilbert Perreault
    1968 O-Pee-Chee 68 Bernie Parent
    1974 O-Pee-Chee 313 Steve Shutt
    1990 Upper Deck 526 Pavel Bure
  • DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Very nice Pashas! I agree, that Gilmour is very sharp. Wouldn't be surprised to see that come back 9.
  • Thanks, Davis. I just bought a whole lot of PSA/DNA Red Flips from a guy in Livonia. If anyone wants one, I will be selling a half-dozen similar cards off over the next few weeks. Good deals all around!

A couple more cards. These were actually slightly older cards that I forgot to scan about a week ago:

1990 OPC Premier Sergei Fedorov RC - eBay - this is, I think, a pretty early Fedorov signature that is rarely seen. Card looks to be in decent shape. I wanted it, even though I have one. Will probably keep this one and sell the other.
    1991 7th Inning Sketch WHL Mike Bab***k "RC" - TTM. Fairly quick return from the best coach currently in hockey. I wish PSA wouldn't censor his name - that's silly.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1991 7th Inning Sketch WHL Mike Bab***k "RC" - TTM. Fairly quick return from the best coach currently in hockey. I wish PSA wouldn't censor his name - that's silly. >>

Nice additions! The censoring calls more attention to it than letting it slide. The immature side of me always giggles when I see it.
    HAH! I almost bid on that Fedorov but decided in the last seconds to let it go. Nice pick-up!
  • Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate the feedback. Mullins, thanks for letting me have that one!

The lot of Datsyuks arrived. I am keeping one of each unique card and selling the 6 duplicates. They are each PSA/DNA Red Flipped with grades. The seller was very novice - terrible scans, listings, etc. - I felt that I could pick them up at a price that would allow me to keep a few for myself while making a profit. I am not sure why the original owner decided to Red Flip all of these - but they did ...

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Lol what, are you trying to get as many Datsyuk autos as you have Yzermans??
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding! image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    Nice

Let's go Wings!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Poppage today. Jan special logged on 1/9. Worst sub of my last 10 - ah well, all good things come to an end....

Order #20886150 / Submission #10005571

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 23869684 GEM MINT 10 2013 Score 699 Zemgus Girgensons Card
    2 1 23869685 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2013 Spx 1996-97 Spx Retro Autograph AR-PM Petr Mrazek Card
    3 1 N8: MISCUT 2011 Panini Private Signings How Jimmy Howard Card
    4 1 23869687 MINT 9 2013 in the Game Heroes & Prospects Autographs A-Am Anthony Mantha Card
    5 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1969 Topps 61 Gordie Howe Card
    6 1 23869689 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 Panini Stickers 57 Steve Yzerman Card
    7 1 23869690 MINT 9 1989 Panini Stickers 255 Brendan Shanahan Card
    8 1 23869691 GEM MINT 10 1989 Panini Stickers 368 Detroit Red Wings Card
    9 1 23869692 GEM MINT 10 1989 Panini Stickers 356 Toronto Maple Leafs Card
    10 1 23869693 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 Panini Stickers 70 Joe Louis Arena Card
    11 1 23869694 MINT 9 1989 Panini Stickers 179 Wayne Gretzky Card
    12 1 23869695 GEM MINT 10 2012 Panini Certified 155 Mark Stone Autograph-Red Card
    13 1 23869696 GEM MINT 10 2012 Panini Certified 13 Pavel Datsyuk Card
    14 1 23869697 GEM MINT 10 2013 Panini National Treasures 18 John Tavares Base Numbers Patch Card
    15 1 23869698 GEM MINT 10 2013 Panini National Treasures 224 Xavier Ouellet Autograph Patch-Rainbow Card
    16 1 23869699 MINT 9 2013 Panini National Treasures Triple Memorbilia Autograph TM-BS Brendan Shanahan Card
    17 1 23869700 MINT 9 2013 Panini National Treasures 198 Petr Mrazek Autograph Patch-Tag Card
    18 1 23869701 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2013 Panini National Treasures 146 Danny DeKeyser Autograph Patch Card
    19 1 23869702 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2013 Panini National Treasures Dual Memorbilia Autograph Dmjfr Johan Franzen Card
    20 1 23869703 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2013 Upper Deck the Cup 130 Tomas Jurco Rookie Autograph Patch Card
    21 1 23869704 MINT 9 2013 in the Game Used Decades Triple Jerseys D-02 Claude Giroux/Joe Thornton/Martin St. Louis Silver Card
    22 1 23869705 MINT 9 2013 Panini National Treasures NHL Rookie Gear Autographs Rgtju Tomas Jurco Card
    23 1 23869706 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2013 Fleer Showcase 185 Petr Mrazek Autograph Patch Card
    24 1 23869707 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2003 Upper Deck Premier Collection Premier Signatures PS-HZ Henrik Zetterberg Card
    25 1 23869708 MINT 9 2012 Panini Certified Fabric of the Game Fognf Nick Foligno Gold Prime Card
    26 1 23869709 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2012 Panini Certified Fabric of the Game Mba Mikael Backlund Mirror Red Jersey Team Die-Cut Card
    27 1 23869710 NEAR MINT 7 2013 Panini Select 249 Chris Brown Jersey Autograph Prime Card
    Total Items: 27
    Date Received: 1/9/2015
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK
  • 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you find that modern graded hockey sells at enough of a premium to recover the investment in grading fee's? I have lots of modern rookies but have always assumed that even tens will only sell for a small premium. Exception of course for some of the more popular Young Guns and FWA's, but even they seem to only sell for only marginally more.

• << <i>Do you find that modern graded hockey sells at enough of a premium to recover the investment in grading fee's? >>

Well, without really getting into the nuance of it, I would say strongly yes. I have found there to be a very strong premium on 10s and a good enough return on 9s to make it worth it on many cards.

This sub was almost all for the PC, though. 5 or so will be for sale.

<< <i>Do you find that modern graded hockey sells at enough of a premium to recover the investment in grading fee's? I have lots of modern rookies but have always assumed that even tens will only sell for a small premium. Exception of course for some of the more popular Young Guns and FWA's, but even they seem to only sell for only marginally more. >>

Hitting 10's in the most popular Young Guns cards has always paid off much greater for me than the cost of grading fees and sub time. I would not say it was only marginally more, but that is keeping it limited to a relatively elite group of players if that kind of sale price is to be realized. Some RC's from current year or 1 year old can fluctuate logarithmically, both up and down, over a really short period of time, maybe only a few weeks, based on a player's hot (or cold) streak. When that happens, you end up doing better just selling raw at the hot point instead of waiting 3 or 4 months for your card to come back from Newport Beach, allowing the hype to cool down while you had the card subbed. For the most part though, I agree that there does not seem to be a big difference on modern graded hockey RC's a lot of the time. 8's can sell for less than raw and 10's aren't gaining a lot of markup. It certainly pays to do your research through completed sales before sending in your sub.

Thanks guys. I have had pretty good success with YG's but was more wondering about this type of stuff:

12 1 23869695 GEM MINT 10 2012 Panini Certified 155 Mark Stone Autograph-Red Card
    13 1 23869696 GEM MINT 10 2012 Panini Certified 13 Pavel Datsyuk Card
    14 1 23869697 GEM MINT 10 2013 Panini National Treasures 18 John Tavares Base Numbers Patch Card
    15 1 23869698 GEM MINT 10 2013 Panini National Treasures 224 Xavier Ouellet Autograph Patch-Rainbow Card

Obviously great grades, just wasn't sure if there is a market for modern graded hockey that isn't FWA, Cup or YG's.

Sounds like the above is mostly PC so that makes sense.
  • 2 cards to show.

1. 1951 Parkhurst Bill Gadsby signed HOF RC. Upgrade of a card I had previously. I like this, because Bill signed horizontally. Many are signed vertically and the auto blends into the dark background of the top. I should have gotten a better deal on this, but timed the eBay Bucks bonus wrong - and, for that, I am an idiot.

2. 1986 Moncton Flames Brett Hull signed pre-rookie. Interesting card. I actually bought on unsigned with the intention of getting it done (and still might...). Brett charges $40 to sign, and this card came up on eBay for <$15 delivered, so I clicked the button. I'll sort it out later - until then, I am liking the early issue and early auto.

• I thought I would do a before-and-after with this one. Ted Lindsay is having a signing in Detroit on April 11. I am going to go and bring this card with me as an upgrade to my HOF RC set. I'll post the update here after I get it done!

• Sweet card! Is it going back in a red flip after you have it signed?
    You're making me a) reconsider PSA/DNA Red flips over Blue and b) collect HOF signed rookies. One of my favorite threads on the board.
  • Thanks, guys. Yep--it'll be PSA/DNA Red Flipped when done.
  • Nice one today. It is deceptively tough to find a Gem Mint card, get it signed--along with the attendant handling, and get it back into a PSA 10 holder. I took a flyer on this card for that reason, even though Roenick is not yet in the HOF. Price was right, so I did it. Fingers crossed that he gets in.

Nice card Casey. I think JR gets in. Great career - nearly a ppg guy during dead puck era, very popular player and still keeps a high profile with his NBC gig.

• << <i>Nice card Casey. I think JR gets in. Great career - nearly a ppg guy during dead puck era, very popular player and still keeps a high profile with his NBC gig. >>

Thank you. I think it'll be close. For 2015, the class will be: Lidstrom, Federov, Pronger, and one spot. Vying are Recchi, Lindros, Roenick, and others. It could happen, but the knocks against him are (a) no Stanley Cup and (b) his "profile"/fame, esp. in the U.S. market, exceeded his skill. Probably gets in, but may take a couple of years. We'll see- I was surprised by Blake in 2014...
  • Thought that I would show a couple of Red Wings PC cards from my last sub. It was generally brutalizing, even upon inspection afterwards, but a couple solid "keepers" in the bunch. Here are two that I like.

I generally don't mind my scanner, but it really does not like the new PSA thick/patch card cases. I need to figure something out to improve the look of these. Maybe will scan them upside-down next time and then rotate...

imageimage
  • I dig the tag card, especially being numbered out of 3.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thought that I would show a couple of Red Wings PC cards from my last sub. It was generally brutalizing, even upon inspection afterwards, but a couple solid "keepers" in the bunch. Here are two that I like. >>

That Mrazek is bizarre, never seen a tag used on a card before.
  • Interesting - that may be an inter-sport issue. Tags are pretty common in high-end memorabilia cards in hockey. Many 1/1s use tags for their mem. This one is /3 (obviously) and does show it prominently because the NT cards have very nice oversize memorabilia openings.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff, especially like the Roenick card. I like him as a studio analyst; think he'd be good in the booth, too.

Crazy with that "patch" card having the clothing tag!!

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice card Casey. I think JR gets in. Great career - nearly a ppg guy during dead puck era, very popular player and still keeps a high profile with his NBC gig. >>

Thank you. I think it'll be close. For 2015, the class will be: Lidstrom, Federov, Pronger, and one spot. Vying are Recchi, Lindros, Roenick, and others. It could happen, but the knocks against him are (a) no Stanley Cup and (b) his "profile"/fame, esp. in the U.S. market, exceeded his skill. Probably gets in, but may take a couple of years. We'll see- I was surprised by Blake in 2014... >>

Come on Casey, you of all people should be able to get "Fedorov" spelled correctly image

I've got Recchi ahead of not only Roenick but Pronger as well. Makarov will be deservedly in the discussion as it is the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame.

By the way, I think I mentioned it a long time ago in this thread somewhere, but remember you need to pick up a 1994 Classic Women's Hockey auto'd Hayley Wickenheiser. She is as much of a slam-dunk HOF first ballot inductee as Lidstrom.

• << <i>Come on Casey, you of all people should be able to get "Fedorov" spelled correctly image >>

Thanks, Greg! You should see some of the garbled stuff I type when I'm tired. I sent VitoCo1972 a PM the other day that hardly resembled English.
  • 2 cards to show.

Osgood - this was one that I just saw and decided I wanted to have. He's one of my personal favorites - I always liked him, even though many Detroit fans didn't. It's a rookie. Someone bothered to Red Flip it? The auto is crisp and clear. I was feeling it.

Selanne RC - short backstory. There are many returns for Selanne TTM, but they're all ghostsigned. The not authentic autos look really good, actually, but they're not real. Recently, a huge "batch" got done that set the auto collecting people all astir. I had been looking for a real one for a little while and finally nabbed this one at auction Future HOF - lock it in.

imageimage

Nice stuff as always.

Ozzie looks good in Red, but I think a signed 1990 7th Inning Sketch WHL Osgood would look nice in your collection now too.

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Come on Casey, you of all people should be able to get "Fedorov" spelled correctly image >>

Thanks, Greg! You should see some of the garbled stuff I type when I'm tired. I sent VitoCo1972 a PM the other day that hardly resembled English. >>

I work in the entertainment industry. I speak way-too-overtired. HA

I love the Selanne, Casey. I have a TTM and I agree that they're probably auto penned or secretarial. But why does it take 7-8 months to get back if so? It's the one question I can't answer.
  • RE: Greg --- I've got a couple. I thought I posted them earlier in the thread. I'll have to look back to see if I did. If not, I'll post a pic. Auto wasn't as nice as this one, but still not bad. Ozzie was automatic TTM this summer.

edit: yep, posted on July 11. You know it's bad when only vaguely remember additions within the last year. Need to work on that.

He's always been a good signer, and he is relatively easy to find in person too. Great for the collector.

• I've spent a little bit of time in other parts of the internet related to collecting lately. Facebook, in many ways, is a fantastic resource for collectors--easy communication, quick ability to transition to PMs, hundreds of groups devoted to subsections of the hobby, easy photo sharing, etc. However, it has been a little bit eye opening to break out of the CU bubble and interact with a wide range of people who may never have owned a graded card, who *only* do autographs but don't collect cards, exclusively focus on modern, etc. Like Peter King's MMQB, a few things "I think I think" after reflecting:

a) There are constant references to "Book Value" and I just don't get it. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from people here first and, relatedly, to get my pricing information from VCP and/or eBay completed sales. BV has obvious and glaring limitations: most notably, it's just not at all accurate. Tons of $1 modern cards have a BV of $15+. Lots of high end cards have been selling for amounts far beyond SMR. The value of an item, as the adage goes, is "what someone will pay for it". The only way to know what people are willing to pay is to track sales. On one Facebook page, someone posted a request for "value" of a card. I replied with an amount, backed up by eBay completed sales. I was told (along with a general rant against eBay - which was surprising) that "value" refers to BV - not the price someone would actually pay. My mistake. I wonder what the BV to real dollar conversion rate would be. It seems to me that BV is mostly a psychological mechanism for people to overvalue their own collections. I was surprised to see an entire economy built around such an obvious fiction.

b) Groupthink is prevalent. I wonder if we succumb to it at times as well. On one page, it was completely (and widely) accepted that a post-manufacturer autographed card had no (like, absolute zero) value if it did not have a CoA. One another page, the idea that thick patch cards should be sent to PSA in CS4s (as per their guidelines as published on the website) was solidly refuted in favor of toploaders. Everyone makes mistakes. But, the extent of agreement, driven by a few "local leaders"--group administrators, etc. was striking. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. There's definitely value in dissent and in the idea that no person should have a monopoly on truth or particular authority to speak about a subject. Ideas should be evaluated on their merits, not on who is saying them. These ideas aren't new or particularly revolutionary - but I found it to be a good reminder.

c) On average, the collecting IQ of this board is amazing. This is a fact, not just a suck-up. I was blown away by the difference between talking to the average person here vs. other places. I feel lucky to have learned so many "right" things here first. It's always easier to learn it right the first time, than to learn something wrong and work to reprogram later.

OK, off the soapbox for now. If I think of more, I may come back and edit to add further thoughts. I am planning to go to a card show in Brighton, MI tomorrow morning. Hopefully will be a good time!
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭
    Very well said!
  • The longer I go, the more it feels like I descend into the obscure. I'd say that this update is extremely misc. All autographed cards - but kind of all over the place here.

1987 OPC Adam Oates HOF RC x2 - private signing - glad that I got 2 done as 1 had a corner get whacked a bit.
    1989 (?) Pro Cards Tim Cheveldae pre-rookie - eBay - just liked this one for some reason
    1990 UD Igor Larionov HOF RC - eBay
    1993 Action Packed Al Shaver HOF "RC" - eBay - builders category, looks like Newman from Seinfeld, IMO
    1993 UD Vlad Konstantinov - eBay - I pick these up when I see them for really good prices. Tough auto.
    1974 OPC Billy Reay - eBay - deceased. Got this for $10 - think there's value there. Not in the HOF. Card is in great shape other than centering.
    1990 Pro Set Ray Scapinello HOF RC - TTM - obviously a ref!
    1992 OPC Steve Yzerman - eBay - 84 OPC Retro style - one of the nicest Yzerman autos that you'll ever see on a card. Great price - purchased as part of a lot of 15 signed Wings cards for $20. Lot also had a Konstatinov (not pictured). One of the deals that keep you searching!
    1982 OPC Grant Fuhr HOF RC - consignment. PSA 9 crackout purchased on BST from Frozencaribou.
    1987 OPC Luc Robitaille HOF RC - trade! First trade ever. Sent a signed Ray Bourque RC for this card + $40.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Lots of great stuff, Oates and Fuhr were 2 who I really liked back in the day. But that action packed Newman is just bizarre hahaha

Love the Vladdy and Scapinello

Casey, found something for you: Bob Cole & Harry Neale

• << <i>Casey, found something for you: Bob Cole & Harry Neale >>

Very interesting, Greg. Are those tough? Once you expand beyond players and coaches to executives, refs, commentators, etc., it starts to get tough to know who everyone is - even for those who follow the sport closely! I think I better stick to cards, though, lest my obscure collection become ... extremely obscure.

I have no idea how tough the signatures are. That being said, I don't think they are considered obscure though. Now, I do have the HNIC theme as my ring tone, but Bob Cole and Harry Neale are mainstream hockey icons image Possibly you weren't able to get CBC reception where you grew up back in their days of calling the games though, before cable packages and satellite? Obviously Ron McLean and Don Cherry are household names, but they are just the show. Bob & Harry really brought you into the games.

I really enjoy seeing the additions to your collection. No worries on the suggestion not necessarily fitting what you have in mind. After I saw your latest post of pics, I thought these would be a natural fit among the rest.

BTW, just like your Al Shaver qualifies for your HOF collection, Bob Cole and Harry Neale are also in the hockey hall of fame for their broadcasting. I'm sure you have Mickey Redmond in your collection already. Did you ever pick up a Bud Lynch? Amazing guy. I feel lucky to have had the chance to meet him.

• << <i>BTW, just like your Al Shaver qualifies for your HOF collection, Bob Cole and Harry Neale are also in the hockey hall of fame for their broadcasting. >>

I know, I'm just sticking to cards, not index cards, general autos, or other memorabilia.

I, unfortunately, did not get CBC when I was growing up. The vast majority of the hockey I watched was on PASS Sports (remember that? Throwback) and then Fox, once it transitioned. I do have a signed Mickey RC - I think I am closing in on the complete collection of Mickey Redmond signed cards. What a guy. He is probably my favorite sports personality - ordinal #1. No Budd Lynch just yet, though perhaps someday on a puck. What an institution; I have only heard great things.
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice evolution on the Fuhr rookie. In an unopened pack for 32 years. Opened, graded a 9, cracked, auto'ed. Looks awesome!

-Nathanael