Home Precious Metals

Ukraine may dictate the metals markets for a few weeks.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>One wonders how much of world crises events are scripted.

Seems that Putin was well tolerated by the incensed Nato members at the Dday tributes. >>

Or a demonstration of maturity to not turn the moment into a personal spitting match. >>

A younger generation that has seen a handful of mismanaged conflicts is particularly adverse to defending what is right and just.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>One wonders how much of world crises events are scripted.

Seems that Putin was well tolerated by the incensed Nato members at the Dday tributes. >>

Or a demonstration of maturity to not turn the moment into a personal spitting match. >>

maturity by politicians? Oh I don't think there is much of that going around
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly the western leaders like Merkel, Hollande and Obama couldn't give a rats arse about Ukraine other than they want to keep the country out of the Russian paws. And quite frankly Putin doesn't give a rat's arse about Ukraine other than that he wants to keep an influence there and not have the EU and NATO butting up smack dab to Russia.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    History will show one of two things. Crimea is Ukraine or Russia is not. And so far, history repeats itself repeatedly. We will die & time will still tell the facts as those who follow, perceive.

Perception is one thing. There are pro Russian citizens fighting the Ukrainian's peace. Why is Russian occupying that space, at this time ? That's all we must ask ourselves. The questions and responses are all rhetoric. We can either choose to love our neighbor or wage war against them.

Peace.

HE>I

$1,000,000,000,000 or $3000 per American and Iraq has fallen back into the hands of the enemy.

Well at least they have nice bridges, roads and schools. image

Maybe it is best that we stay out of conflicts that we have no desire to win.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$1,000,000,000,000 or $3000 per American and Iraq has fallen back into the hands of the enemy.

>>

Certainly nicer than the effin roads we have around where I live.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$1,000,000,000,000 or $3000 per American and Iraq has fallen back into the hands of the enemy.

Maybe it is best that we stay out of conflicts that we have no desire to win. >>

. The objective for those wars were to kill sadam and bin laden and destroy iraq's ability to wage war, mission was accomplished. Rooting out the Taliban in Afghanistan could never been completely done no matter what. Trust me the people over there are not living better than us. Bottom line you can't have it both ways in today's society. Sure we could have turned both countries into glass with a push of a few buttons but everyone would denounce the us for that type of decision so instead we were forced to dot the way we did, hopefully we won't get involved in anything similar again however keep in mind the world hates us until they need our help. I'm hoping we continue to avoid getting more involved in Europe especially Ukraine because they don't care about us one bit
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some keen observations there, Perkdog.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    49 Ukrainians shot down by the Russian rebels.

.....guess Putin didn't like all the press that Iraq was receiving.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it is best that we stay out of conflicts that we have no desire to win. >>

Blame the old Colonial Powers ( GB & France) who carved up that part in the world and created Iraq, Iran, Syria etc. Those were never countries to begin with.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Blame the old Colonial Powers ( GB & France) who carved up that part in the world and created Iraq, Iran, Syria etc. Those were never countries to begin with. >>

Or, alternatively, the cradle of civilization in the fertile crescent developed into what were the original "countries" on this planet.

Then again, that part of the world had helpful visits from the Space Brothers way back then. They were believed to be "gods" at the time but that's semantics; after all, What's the practical difference between supernatural magic and sufficiently advanced technology? Most of us would be considered Wizards if we were mysteriously transported back in time, or to a primitive culture.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Blame the old Colonial Powers ( GB & France) who carved up that part in the world and created Iraq, Iran, Syria etc. Those were never countries to begin with. >>

Or, alternatively, the cradle of civilization in the fertile crescent developed into what were the original "countries" on this planet.

Then again, that part of the world had helpful visits from the Space Brothers way back then. They were believed to be "gods" at the time but that's semantics; after all, What's the practical difference between supernatural magic and sufficiently advanced technology? Most of us would be considered Wizards if we were mysteriously transported back in time, or to a primitive culture. >>

Short cease fire is over.

Ukraine story has been buried by ISIS and the fall of Iraq.

Israeli theatre will heat up as the 3 missing teens were found murdered. Bibi will certainly get his pound of flesh.

The world seems much more unsettled than say....5 and a half years ago. image

<< <i>Short cease fire is over.

Ukraine story has been buried by ISIS and the fall of Iraq.

Israeli theatre will heat up as the 3 missing teens were found murdered. Bibi will certainly get his pound of flesh.

The world seems much more unsettled than say....5 and a half years ago. image >>

I truly think the biggest threat of world war 3 starting is the Israeli's, you mark my words if it ever happens Israel will trigger it.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly think the biggest threat of world war 3 starting is the Israeli's, you mark my words if it ever happens Israel will trigger it

My bet would be China vs Japan (lots of old bad blood there) or China vs Russia. Russia has what China needs and Russia is in a continual state of decline (easy pickings).
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>I truly think the biggest threat of world war 3 starting is the Israeli's, you mark my words if it ever happens Israel will trigger it. >>

As a reaction to a massive attack by one or more of their numerous terrorist neighbors, quite possible.

My money though is on Pakistan.

<< <i>I truly think the biggest threat of world war 3 starting is the Israeli's, you mark my words if it ever happens Israel will trigger it

My bet would be China vs Japan (lots of old bad blood there) or China vs Russia. Russia has what China needs and Russia is in a continual state of decline (easy pickings). >>

China expanding their influence in the Pacific is quit a real scenario, China going after Russia is a far stretch though. China wouldnt be able to handle Russia not even on a good day, the logistics of it would prove to be a nightmare on biblical portions, millions of troops pouring into Russia would be met with a barrage of strategic nuclear missiles, the areas surrounding the Russian/Chinese borders are not strategic spots and would not hurt Russia to wipe out.

There are other "Hot Spots" Such as Korea, India/Pakistan but in my opinion the greatest threat is Israel attacking Iran, Russia would back Iran I think and the USA is sworn to defend Israel.

Lets hope it never happens
    Perkdog, your reads are interesting with good insight. Thanks for sharing

HE>I

<< <i>There are other "Hot Spots" Such as Korea, India/Pakistan but in my opinion the greatest threat is Israel attacking Iran, Russia would back Iran I think and the USA is sworn to defend Israel. >>

It is kind of like reconstructing the Big Bang, but in reverse.

I don't think that in your scenario Putin would want to se the end of the world, but who knows.
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Israel does appear to be the ultimate sink-hole for us. We have been the sole carriers of western guilt for the holocaust for some time now, and it's difficult to imagine a scenario in which we would stand back and allow its destruction.

The middle east is in irreversible turmoil, where the triumphalism of the eventual power(s) there are almost certainly going to exercise that triumphalism by addressing that chronic and festering western-imposed "humiliation" of a Jewish state once and for all. The best we could hope for, perhaps, is the peacefully coerced-transformation of Israel into a non-Jewish entity, without its intermediate destruction.

Has everyone forgotten the 1980's? We helped Saddam against Iran by having US arms dealers sell him Russian made weapons at the same time we facilitated the sale of American armaments to Iran via Israel so the war would continue to grind on . We stood by idly while Saddam gassed Iranians and Kurdish people in his own country and then used WMD as an excuse to attack him in 2003.

Our leaders encourage war , they feast on death , they wallow in the blood of these foreigners like pigs in a stye . If push comes to shove though they will have no problem spilling American blood right here at home too.

<< <i>The best we could hope for, perhaps, is the peacefully coerced-transformation of Israel into a non-Jewish entity, without its intermediate destruction. >>

As we coerced Iraq and Afghanistan into peaceful entities? Radical Islam will not sleep until the non Muslim world is in cinders. Israel is a non factor.
  • TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Not good.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it fell in rebel area.

parts showing signs of a missile strike can be removed

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    once the initial shock wears off the splunge may accelerate

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All are reporting a missile with out any proof. Ukraine denies it was them.
    How about the scenario of an on board explosive? The kind we've been alerted about.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shortest line in the world is now at the departure gate for Malaysian Air. This might also impact Boeing.

I don't see how Malaysian Air can survive these last two events.

I'll have to bookmark PPRUNE.
    Have a nice day
    I'd fly on Malaysian Air.

I wouldn't take any Korean vessel.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An-26 is less than half the size of a 777...and it's a turboprop.
    Or maybe the posting is fake

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    missile finds the hottest target in the general area regardless of what it is aimed at. Could be a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the plane was intentionally shot down it was most likely done by whomever stands to gain from the tragedy and least likely done by whomever suffers from the tragedy. And it could have been done in order to have someone else blamed. I will be looking to US media to tell me who did it and then logic will tell me who was really behind it. It's not like there have been no other false flag events to stir support one way or another.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>missile finds the hottest target in the general area regardless of what it is aimed at. Could be a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the plane was intentionally shot down it was most likely done by whomever stands to gain from the tragedy and least likely done by whomever suffers from the tragedy. And it could have been done in order to have someone else blamed. I will be looking to US media to tell me who did it and then logic will tell me who was really behind it. It's not like there have been no other false flag events to stir support one way or another. >>

The Buk Missile System is radar locking, not heat seeking.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    The best news report and quote is from the group of evolutionists at CNBC, it was quite fascinating as I watched it reminded me of the Tick and his sidekick, evolutionist reporter Michele Cabruso-Cabrera reported " we are reporting (to the nation) the claim that the black box has been found, we can't confirm or verify this, but once again we are reporting the black box has been found"... Hilarious...

keceph `anah
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    And now, FNC, Shepard Smith, claims Washington Post is reporting missile shoot down, confirmed from US intelligence.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day I used to work a newsroom during plane crashes, bombings, and assasinations, etc...the reporting screening process today is disgusting. I am ashamed of todays journalism and have been for a solid 15+ years. What goes on today we were taught would wind us up in court.

As of 2 hours ago I felt google was filtering my searches for crash information via non US media outlets. I don't feel confident in getting the honest story with this at all.

<< <i>Back in the day I used to work a newsroom during plane crashes, bombings, and assasinations, etc...the reporting screening process today is disgusting. I am ashamed of todays journalism and have been for a solid 15+ years. What goes on today we were taught would wind us up in court.

As of 2 hours ago I felt google was filtering my searches for crash information via non US media outlets. I don't feel confident in getting the honest story with this at all. >>

I'm shocked! Lee Harvey acted alone ya know.

<< <i>As of 2 hours ago I felt google was filtering my searches for crash information via non US media outlets. I don't feel confident in getting the honest story with this at all. >>

I find the most trustworthy news here, especially when it is US news.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>As of 2 hours ago I felt google was filtering my searches for crash information via non US media outlets. I don't feel confident in getting the honest story with this at all. >>

I find the most trustworthy news here, especially when it is US news. >>

I just bookmarked that site yesterday.
    RT? OMG. Derry!!!

Those people teach Fox how to spin.
    Have a nice day
    It's looking like Russian trained the insurgents and provided them with major league weapons, but didn't consider well the consequences of a thin and tenuous chain of command. FUBAR and black eye for Russia here, no question.
    Dpoole ,
    You might have nailed it.

No question Putin owns this. Russia desparately
    seeks a leader however this guy is proving to be
    a train wreck.
    I have no crystal ball but I see Brazil, Russia and
    Chinese economies circling the drain. That's 3/4
    of the BRIC end run on the IMF and the almighty buck.

Yellen is about to switch gears and advocate possible
    interest rate increases.

The BRICS may start eating their young. The dollar is going to
    look to be the REAL safe haven, as if it isn't already.

Gold and silver prices seem to me to be way overpriced right now.
    JMHO
    Have a nice day

Put me down on the false flag theory. US neocons arrange to divert plane into the shooting gallery to widen the conflict and sell more arms .

<< <i>No question Putin owns this. Russia desparately seeks a leader however this guy is proving to be a train wreck. >>

Could it be that Putin is being made to own this? From Russia's perspective he is a great leader and far from a train wreck.

<< <i>Put me down on the false flag theory. US neocons arrange to divert plane into the shooting gallery to widen the conflict and sell more arms . >>

Wouldn't be a first. Look for the war mongers in congress to do the bidding of the arms industry. Keep your eyes on McCain. Neocons don't have the black box though. It should tell all. Appears somebody diverted that flight path into the danger zone. Who benefits from the shootdown? Ukraine government is the first to come to mind.

By the way, is our Sec. of State on vacation? Two major world events and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him. Probably for the best.

<< <i>Put me down on the false flag theory. US neocons arrange to divert plane into the shooting gallery to widen the conflict and sell more arms . >>

No one can disprove a theory like that to one determined to believe it, I concede.

But it does strike me as a bumbling and inefficient way to go about ramping this up by setting up a Lusitania-type incident.

For starters: what evidence is there that the Malaysia airliner was "diverted?" And why set up a situation where unfettered technological monitoring will be able to establish how and by whom the incident happened. And finally, why would you engineer it so that the plane would come down solidly in rebel-held territory, where the black box can be snagged and sent off, and the forensic evidence can be masked or adjusted in ways frustrating to the neocons' nefarious plot?

I recall there were several very advance computer scientists on flight MH370.
    Could they have developed a flight system over-ride?
    Just saying...
    Other than Diego Garcia, where is MH370?

<< <i>

I recall there were several very advance computer scientists on flight MH370.
    Could they have developed a flight system over-ride?
    Just saying...
    Other than Diego Garcia, where is MH370? >>

Interesting. 100 AIDS researchers on this flight.

""As many as 100 AIDS researchers en route to an international conference in Australia were among the 298 people killed when Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down over Ukraine Thursday.""'

Text
    Seems Ukraine may never dictate the metals market, in the literal sense. It does appear LEAD is going up. Man loves his weapons of mass destruction, as we fight for a territory that is no man's land.

HE>I

<< <i>Seems Ukraine may never dictate the metals market, in the literal sense. It does appear LEAD is going up. Man loves his weapons of mass destruction, as we fight for a territory that is no man's land. >>

Makes me smile...we (USA) haven't fought for territory in a hundred years.
    If we did, these problems wouldn't be.