Home Sports Talk
Options

Stay classy Richard Sherman

Next time try winning with a tiny bit of class...oh wait you don't have any obviously.

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Not a bunch of class remaining in the NFL. image
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Yet some players are fined with the way they wear their socks..............
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Sherman made a fool out of himself. "Don't talk about him", lol. Wilson is a class act though. I feel bad that he has to be on the same team as that clown.
  • Options

<< <i>Next time try winning with a tiny bit of class...oh wait you don't have any obviously. >>

Whined like a true 69'er fan!
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Next time try winning with a tiny bit of class...oh wait you don't have any obviously. >>

Whined like a true 69'er fan! >>

Why are you using 69 as if its an insult?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why are you using 69 as if its an insult? >>

Hmm. I wonder.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally classless. And I loved every second of it. That was raw emotion right there, boys. Give me a shred of insight as to what was going down between you and Crabtree for four quarters as opposed to yet another mundane, cliched, disingenuous post-game interview for the quadrillionth time. Dude is a baller who made an All-Pro play to ensure his team a spot in the Super Bowl, therefore I personally grant him a license to say what he wants if someone lobs him a grapefruit minutes after the game. But that's just me. image

That episode aside, the game itself reached the bar. When SF counterpunched to go back up 17-10, I thought they had weathered the inevitable second-half surge from the Seahawks. Nope. The best team persevered and won, and this coming from a guy who predicted the Niners would walk away victorious.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the bus ride home, classy 49ers. image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Oh, Richard Sherman, you're such a meanie! Why can't you be like everyone else and whine and complain on Twitter?! Then, after tweeting your emotions, NOT back it up on the field?! Or, why can't you show up to post game interviews with huge headphones, a backwards head, and looking like a punk?! Oh, Richard....WHY?!!!!!!!

BTW, Wilson is extremely grateful for Richard Sherman. Without him, Seattle wouldn't be where they are today. So, all you crying about class and humility, go watch the PGA tour or STFU.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Trash talk is the norm, but it is kinda unusual and a bit shocking when a guy calls out and ridicules a defeated enemy by name during post-game interviews like he did with Crabtree.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I bet that post-game interview would be completely different had Crabtree showed a little class by shaking Sherman's outreached hand, instead of giving a stiff arm to his face.

Two wrongs don't make a right but all things considered, I totally understand where Sherman was coming from.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    That was a great football game.
    Too bad time has to be wasted talking over something unimportant.
    Lots of excitement in that stadium yesterday. Fans were really into it.
  • Options
    Agree with tishasheree.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    reminded me of the some of the taped "interviews" I used to see on the WWF

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    A little context:

Real reason behind Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman's outburst (VIDEO)

As an added bonus, the video shows numerous replays of Crabtree's stiff arm after Sherman attempted to make amends and display good sportsmanship.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Totally classless. And I loved every second of it. That was raw emotion right there, boys. Give me a shred of insight as to what was going down between you and Crabtree for four quarters as opposed to yet another mundane, cliched, disingenuous post-game interview for the quadrillionth time. Dude is a baller who made an All-Pro play to ensure his team a spot in the Super Bowl, therefore I personally grant him a license to say what he wants if someone lobs him a grapefruit minutes after the game. But that's just me. image

That episode aside, the game itself reached the bar. When SF counterpunched to go back up 17-10, I thought they had weathered the inevitable second-half surge from the Seahawks. Nope. The best team persevered and won, and this coming from a guy who predicted the Niners would walk away victorious. >>

I agree.

Probably the most annoying thing is watching Harbaugh cry so often, as if he is an NBA superstar or something.
  • Options
    So Sherman going up to Crabtree and jawing at him after the play was sportsmanship? Give me a break. Sherman is a punk, a thug, a guy who has obviously never won anything of substance before. I can't wait for Peyton and co. to annihilate him.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Wanted 49s to win but loved Sherman's interviews esp the 2nd. Hahahaa

Everyone sure knows who he and the Seahawks are today!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    For those that believe that Sherman can do what he wants, so can the people that criticize him for it. He is inviting critics so let people "hate" away.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    More shocking to me is the whining from 49er fans. Stay classy nor cal. The refs didn't steal the game from you.

As for Sherman I see it as a raw emotion that would have been better said in a slightly more mild fashion. Oh well....
  • Options

<< <i>
    As an added bonus, the video shows numerous replays of Crabtree's stiff arm after Sherman attempted to make amends and display good sportsmanship. >>

They don't show a second before that when Sherman goes over and swats Crabtree on the butt and says something to him that lead to the stiff-arm.

I doubt he was saying "good game."

• Options

<< <i>More shocking to me is the whining from 49er fans. Stay classy nor cal. The refs didn't steal the game from you. >>

No, Kaepernick gave the game away. 2nd year in a row where a bad pass to the end-zone ended the season.

• Options
    A much better interview would have been if he had said:
    "Both teams played hard, we're just taking it one game at a time, and at the end of the day, it is what it is"

Every athlete should always stick to that script exactly and sports will be much better
  • Options
    Sherman came from a tough neighborhood (Compton), is very well educated (Stanford), extremely articulate (see video), and one of the best CBs. Wonder why he's getting this much hate and now people are actively cheering for Peyton.

Hmmm....
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Why are you using 69 as if its an insult? >>

I know, isn't that the year Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, the Miracle Mets, Woodstock, and Joe Namath's guaranteed Super Bowl win (though that was 1968 season)?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Sherman came from a tough neighborhood (Compton), is very well educated (Stanford), extremely articulate (see video), and one of the best CBs. Wonder why he's getting this much hate and now people are actively cheering for Peyton.

Hmmm.... >>

What do you suggest?

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sherman came from a tough neighborhood (Compton), is very well educated (Stanford), extremely articulate (see video), and one of the best CBs. Wonder why he's getting this much hate and now people are actively cheering for Peyton.

Hmmm.... >>

What do you suggest? >>

That you don't open your mouth about the best! Or I am going to shut it for your real quick! LOL image

The guy was pumped up and let his emotions run wild. I don't see how people can expect these guys to beat the living hell out of each other and not have things get a little heated at times.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had everyone in that stadium turned around for a few minutes, those two would have engaged in criminal battery. Soon thereafter, a mike was in Sherman's face. Think about that for a moment. And never mind the fact he just made the best play of his career at the most opportune time. The guy was practically having an out-of-body experience while being asked questions about a guy he had been at war with for 60 minutes. Relax, people. Last I checked, it's football. If you don't possess an edge, someone takes your job. And for once, someone's edge spilled over into an interview. Castigate if you must, but I for one found it to be refreshing.

Besides, who here doesn't honestly think we're having this very same discussion about Michael Crabtree if he gets his mitts on that ball? The guy played at Texas Tech and was notorious for opening his trap. I assure you Richard Sherman's name would have exited his mouth in some fashion had the roles been reversed.

• Options
    With the sort of positive response this has gotten the day later, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more WWE-style feuds developing.

• Options

Hmmm.... >>

Racism ?

That's my guess. Cheering for a mild mannered white man over a trash talking black man ?
    Sounds like racism to me.
  • Options

<< <i>What do you suggest? >>

One can cheer or boo whoever they want. Considering what Sherman has accomplished up to this point, I just find the hate thrown his way to be sad and peculiar.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved Erin Andrews response to Sherman when he was screaming about don't talk about him, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One can cheer or boo whoever they want. Considering what Sherman has accomplished up to this point, I just find the hate thrown his way to be sad and peculiar. >>

Richard Sherman is not some innocent bystander who gets "hated" on without any sort of justifiable cause. He is a thug. Listen to game audio, he talks crap to every player, he will play dirty, get in your face and talk crap again. He is a thug. He can be a great corner, he can be a great player, he can be a Stanford grad, but at the end of the day he is a selfish thug.. No amount of wins, interceptions or Super Bowl rings will ever take that away from him. I don't hate the guy, I just don't respect him as a person.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

<< <i>One can cheer or boo whoever they want. Considering what Sherman has accomplished up to this point, I just find the hate thrown his way to be sad and peculiar. >>

Richard Sherman is not some innocent bystander who gets "hated" on without any sort of justifiable cause. He is a thug. Listen to game audio, he talks crap to every player, he will play dirty, get in your face and talk crap again. He is a thug. He can be a great corner, he can be a great player, he can be a Stanford grad, but at the end of the day he is a selfish thug.. No amount of wins, interceptions or Super Bowl rings will ever take that away from him. I don't hate the guy, I just don't respect him as a person. >>

No, Aldon Smith of the 49ers is a thug. Aaron Hernandez is a thug. Richard Sherman is a very talented athlete that gets the best of everyone (including fans) by running his mouth
  • Options
    Talking trash on the field makes him a selfish thug?
  • Options
    PS ~ I'm assuming you felt the same way about Jordan. Nothing wrong with that but at least it will show consistency.
  • Options

<< <i>

Hmmm.... >>

Racism ?

That's my guess. Cheering for a mild mannered white man over a trash talking black man ?
    Sounds like racism to me. >>

Whoo hoo! It's the Racism Bowl!

• Options

<< <i>PS ~ I'm assuming you felt the same way about Jordan. Nothing wrong with that but at least it will show consistency. >>

Never heard Jordan talk like that in an interview. If I remember correctly Jordan kept it classy for the kids (or his lucrative sponsors who
    wanted his image to stay clean).
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sherman came from a tough neighborhood (Compton), is very well educated (Stanford), extremely articulate (see video), and one of the best CBs. >>

So, since those things are true (one is debatable), that means he can't possibly be classless?!? WTF? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PS ~ I'm assuming you felt the same way about Jordan. Nothing wrong with that but at least it will show consistency. >>

Never heard Jordan talk like that in an interview. If I remember correctly Jordan kept it classy for the kids (or his lucrative sponsors who
    wanted his image to stay clean). >>

Jordan was notorious for his trash talking on the court.

Now if Sherman dropped some FUMFer bombs or threatening to eat children, that would truly be classless. Just don't know why people are calling him selfish and a thug.

edited to add: yeah, what cnote said.
  • Options

<< <i>No, Aldon Smith of the 49ers is a thug. Aaron Hernandez is a thug. Richard Sherman is a very talented athlete that gets the best of everyone (including fans) by running his mouth >>

All three of them are very talented athletes and all three are thugs.

<< <i>Talking trash on the field makes him a selfish thug? >>

Yes.

Every player has some sort of charity or PR move. A charity event can't take the thug out of you...

Aaron Hernandez is a great guy..

Aldon Smith is a stand up guy

Pacman Jones must be a really awesome dude

Man, even though he killed some guy Ray Lewis must be pretty cool.

Another one...

Even though he brings guns into nightclubs and went to jail Plaxico seems pretty respectable!
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

wanted his image to stay clean). >>

Jordan was notorious for his trash talking on the court.

Now if Sherman dropped some FUMFer bombs or threatening to eat children, that would truly be classless. Just don't know why people are calling him selfish and a thug.

edited to add: yeah, what cnote said. >>

Barry, I don't think he's getting flack for trash talking on the field. It was the absurd post-game interview tirade. I don't ever recall Jordan going off like that during a post-game interview.

I don't have any real issue with it, personally, and if nothing else, it's all rather entertaining in a bizarre fashion. But my expectations aren't that high to begin with. These guys aren't rocket scientists, Stanford degree or no Stanford degree.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ... and he is selfish not because he talks trash, but because he is a classless fool that stole a moment from his team because he had to make a fool out of himself. I'm sure he has a bunch of street cred though. Cool guy.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    Stowns only involvement in this thread and backing up Sherman because I opposed it.

There's no excuse for how Sherman acted. For all his well heeled education he showed deep down he has no class and has no way to handle a big win. I can't wait for Peyton to absolutely shred Seattle.

• Options

<< <i>Barry, I don't think he's getting flack for trash talking on the field. It was the absurd post-game interview tirade. I don't ever recall Jordan going off like that during a post-game interview.

I don't have any real issue with it, personally, and if nothing else, it's all rather entertaining in a bizarre fashion. But my expectations aren't that high to begin with. These guys aren't rocket scientists, Stanford degree or no Stanford degree. >>

Understood but I still don't get why people are calling him a selfish thug just based on the post-game interview. Was it over the top? Sure but to call him a thug, not so much.
  • Options

<< <i>... and he is selfish not because he talks trash, but because he is a classless fool that stole a moment from his team because he had to make a fool out of himself. I'm sure he has a bunch of street cred though. Cool guy. >>

So that makes him a thug? Guess you and I have completely different definitions of a "thug", which again, is totally fine.
  • Options
    "Here he is mic'd up for a Redskins game last season, getting Trent Williams mad enough to punch him in the face. And here he is getting Steve Smith to bodyslam him (not that Steve Smith needs much convincing to bodyslam a dude, but just saying). Here he is pissing off Jimmy Graham before the Divisional Round game this year. People can't help but get mad at Richard Sherman, and he can't get enough of people being mad at him. "

He's a loud mouthed thug who needs some lessons from Wilson on how to win with class.
  • Options

<< <i>Understood but I still don't get why people are calling him a selfish thug just based on the post-game interview. Was it over the top? Sure but to call him a thug, not so much. >>

It's not just because a post-game interview. Have you listened to his game audio?! The guy is a classless, self-centered, instigating jerk. He showboats, he gets into fights, he insults people and he plays dirty. That's what makes him a thug. The post-game interview just confirmed it for everyone who didn't already know it.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Understood but I still don't get why people are calling him a selfish thug just based on the post-game interview. Was it over the top? Sure but to call him a thug, not so much. >>

It's not just because a post-game interview. Have you listened to his game audio?! The guy is a classless, self-centered, instigating jerk. He showboats, he gets into fights, he insults people and he plays dirty. That's what makes him a thug. The post-game interview just confirmed it for everyone who didn't already know it. >>

Fair enough. An instigating jerk would be one thing but a thug, we'll just agree to disagree.
  • Options

<< <i>

It's not just because a post-game interview. Have you listened to his game audio?! The guy is a classless, self-centered, instigating jerk. He showboats, he gets into fights, he insults people and he plays dirty. That's what makes him a thug. The post-game interview just confirmed it for everyone who didn't already know it. >>

This basically sums it up..

The term "thug" may be a bit harsh, but he certainly has no class.