Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 9 Mint Hits EBAY....Ends Tonight!!

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    Dpeck, I honestly believe that you deserve the lion's share of the credit for the boom in wrestling card prices. I have watched here over the last several years as you have aggressively and intelligently put forward your views on the importance of these cards and their position in the world of sports card investing. Kudos to you!

Thank you.

When I first discovered the Wrestling All Stars sets in August of 2009 and got them in hand I said these are going to be big and I am going to buy as many as I can. It has been a long road but I stayed the course and now they are indeed considered major cards from the 80's and the preeminent wrestling card set. I am very proud of where we have taken them and there is so much further to go.

I do realize my extensive efforts to create content and awareness of the cards and showcase the story of their origin have definitely helped but there have been other people who have really played a major role in our segment getting its due. Rob has done so much for the wrestling card hobby and Gregg my friend from Miami has too. There are others like Joey Graben and Ray from Hawaii who have chased the cards aggressively and made them sought after.

Now that you have a 20k legit sale this opens up the door for much higher prices. I wouldn't be surprised if an Andre 9 is now a 10k card.

Gary V just bought the only PSA 10 of Ric Flair that isn't locked up in registry sets and there is real money entering the market and it is very exciting to see.

I normally talk about the cards I buy before I get them but on this purchase I am waiting to have them in hand to publicize what has been purchased. It is the largest amount I have spent at one time on cards and I am excited about the potential.

More to come as always!

• Options
    edited July 17, 2020 7:23PM

Got my tracking number today and the Fed Ex is going to arrive before noon tomorrow.

I have made contacts with long time wrestling people over the years and get contacted from time to time about buying items. There has been folklore that Jerry Lawler had a number of sealed sets that he was given when the cards were first issued. It was true. I was connected with his handler by chance through someone I know from the Memphis wrestling scene and said he had a raw set for sale and wanted a pretty penny for them and wanted to see if I was interested. I said sure and bought the raw set last week and said you must ship these in protective sleeves. While he was waiting to get them from my contact I said look and see if you have any other cards and if you find anything else let me know. He found some of the sealed sets that Jerry told people he had at conventions. After some back and forth negotiations we settled on a price and I said you must pack these with a lot of bubble wrap. He waited for some guidance from the guy who hooked us up and then got them shipped today. I didn't want to post until they were on their way because you just never know. He believes there are more cards in the bags he has gotten from Lawler and I said I am ready to buy. I hope that is the case.

This is what is coming.

Three 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A sealed sets and an opened set from a sealed pack.

• Options
    Bobby24Bobby24 Posts: 51 ✭✭

Wow! Brings me back to my youth. Love reading your posts.

• Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:
    Got my tracking number today and the Fed Ex is going to arrive before noon tomorrow.

I have made contacts with long time wrestling people over the years and get contacted from time to time about buying items. There has been folklore that Jerry Lawler had a number of sealed sets that he was given when the cards were first issued. It was true. I was connected with his handler by chance through someone I know from the Memphis wrestling scene and said he had a raw set for sale and wanted a pretty penny for them and wanted to see if I was interested. I said sure and bought the raw set last week and said you must ship these in protective sleeves. While he was waiting to get them from my contact I said look and see if you have any other cards and if you find anything else let me know. He found some of the sealed sets that Jerry told people he had at conventions. After some back and forth negotiations we settled on a price and I said you must pack these with a lot of bubble wrap. He waited for some guidance from the guy who hooked us up and then got them shipped today. I didn't want to post until they were on their way because you just never know. He believes there are more cards in the bags he has gotten from Lawler and I said I am ready to buy. I hope that is the case.

This is what is coming.

Three 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A sealed sets and an opened set from a sealed pack.

Amazing and nice work... what would one of those sets be worth?

• Options
    bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Wow... Would be cool if PSA slabbed those as full packs.

• Options

They have arrived.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you keeping them all sealed or are you going to open any of them? Nice pick-up. Do not collect wrestling but enjoy learning about it from the threads on here.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I give dpeck until Sunday......ha ha. I have never known packs to survive in his hands with potential 10s residing in there.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Packs are ripped. Here are the scans of all four Hogan's. Unfortunately one of the packs had a corner ding in every card under Andre. The first is the raw copy and then the other three.

I created a thread dedicated to the purchase and here it is if you want to see the other cards that I got that I plan to grade.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1040855/1982-wrestling-all-stars-series-a-sealed-sets-once-owned-by-jerry-lawler#latest

• Options

Four more Hogans to submit to PSA is a huge score! Congrats! What is the Hulk Hogan All Stars tally at now?

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Wrestling-All-Stars-Series-A-2-Hulk-Hogan-ROOKIE-RC-NM-PSA-7-HOT-CARD/184377121712?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Man the 1982 Hogan just continues on its rocket ship climb. This PSA 7 just ended at $1,802. The seller is one of the guys that I worked with in New York doing the show. Nice guy.

$1,385 for this PSA 6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HULK-HOGAN-1982-Wrestiling-All-Stars-Series-PSA-6-2-EX-MT-6/114322930285?hash=item1a9e2d7a6d:g:j-AAAOSwEPFfAmWQ

I sent in three to PSA over the past two weeks. We shall see how they do in the coming months.

Rob I have 23 in PSA holders, 3 raw at PSA now , 3 in sealed sets and the uncut sheet so a total of 30.

• Options

I was going to go to watchcount to see where it ended.......WOW!