Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 9 Mint Hits EBAY....Ends Tonight!!

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This is cool stuff.

I didn't follow wrestling during this time period - I really don't remember Harley.

Super card. >>

Thanks.

The Wrestling All Stars sets were put out by a magazine publisher and the photos used for the cards came from the stock photos they used on their various publications. I obviously have quite a few of the cards and decided to try and find the matching photos.

Harley Race was a big star in the 70's and early 80's and was the guy who passed the torch in the NWA to Ric Flair. His body doesn't look all that impressive but in a real fight during that time he was unbeatable and that went a long way in determining who was going to wear the belt. He held the NWA title 7 times. Once the mid 80's rolled around wrestling became even more show and the old timers like him and Dory Funk and so on moved to the under card and made way for the Ric Flair's and Hulk Hogan's to take the business to never before seen levels. >>

Thanx!
    Mike
  • Options
    Great looking card there, David.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great looking card there, David. >>

Thank you. I am always in search of the best looking cards I can find from the sets.

I am tapped out on my raw cards unfortunately. I have none left that will grade higher then a 7 probably. In total I have somewhere close to 2,000 raw singles from the sets and 900+ graded examples. It has been a fun journey.

• Options
    The Bruiser

30 minutes to go.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a strong price!
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like a strong price! >>

I think so. The typical high bidders didn't win the card or influence the final price.

• Options
    PSA was definitely open yesterday.

Some fresh PSA 10's hit the pop report for the 1982 A. Unfortunately for me a Ted Dibiase 10 hit and is now a Pop 2. A Nick Bockwinkle and a Bob Backlund which is now a Pop 2 that I don't have.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA was definitely open yesterday.

Some fresh PSA 10's hit the pop report for the 1982 A. Unfortunately for me a Ted Dibiase 10 hit and is now a Pop 2. A Nick Bockwinkle and a Bob Backlund which is now a Pop 2 that I don't have. >>

Wow those are some huge additions to the pop report for 1982 A because most of the gem mint action tends to be with the 1983 all stars. I hope you get a chance to add that Bob Backlund to your set. That could help offset the addition of another DiBiase to the pop report. Keep that cash handy in case these hit ebay. I'll be looking as well but will be a spectator on these for sure.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Interesting stats.

1982 A= 52 PSA 10s
    1982 B= 69 PSA 10s
    1983 = 192 PSA 10s

Three PSA 10s for 1982 A is quite significant.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    The Dibiase if it hits EBAY will do really well I bet.

I ran the numbers this morning and the ratio is at 3% of the 1982 A for 10's.

• Options
    I paid $400 for my Dibiase a few years ago when that was a big number for a 10.

It should easily surpass that I would think.

• Options

<< <i>I paid $400 for my Dibiase a few years ago when that was a big number for a 10.

It should easily surpass that I would think. >>

I would think so too.....
  • Options
    Someone was very happy yesterday. The first Dusty Rhodes PSA 9 to hit in almost three years bringing the Pop total to 4.

There are quite a few PSA 8's and if this one comes for sale I have to think it gets some action.
  • Options
    The dealer who has been constantly reviewing the two PSA 9's he owns I see just had both of them stay in PSA 9 holders this morning.

We spoke recently and he regrets not sending in the labels from when he cracked out two Hogan's early on in the grading process looking for 10's.

This means the Pop is over inflated by two cards and there are only 10 Hogan's left in PSA 9 holders.

• Options
    As I have said before, my Hogan no longer exists and it used to be a PSA 9. It was cracked out by someone in hopes of pulling a 10. It was the first all star 9 and it was a phenomenal example. I had no idea of the rarity at the time.
  • Options
    I just got this in the mail today from Japan. It was a little tough to get out of the magazine but looks pretty cool. I think it would be a cool item to get Hogan to sign.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Those are in great condition! I'd be curious to see if he ever remembers those being produced.
  • Options
    Are they stickers or cards or both? Either way that's a sweet score! I like how at the top he's hanging out with Stan Hansen and then at the bottom he's got him in a headlock.
  • Options
    They are stickers.

The right edge got impacted a little but for the most part they are in nice shape.

• Options
    These stickers look awesome, great find!
  • Options
    Hogan MSG

This is pretty cool. Hulk Hogan was honored with his own banner in the MSG rafters.
  • Options
    I track active cards on Watchcount.com.

It was odd when I saw the number of watchers for the Hogan PSA 7 that is listed jump so much in the past 24 hours so I went and checked to see if Sports Collectors Daily had highlighted the auction and they indeed had.

I am not certain if a mention from this site will translate into a higher final selling price for the card but the last two that had relevance to my collection got a massive number of eyeballs from the mention.

There has been concern in the past about outing auctions on this board. Well if they out an item, rest assured the number who see it will sky rocket.

The number of page views on this Hogan listing is 2,041 at the moment I type this.

PSA 7
  • Options
  • Options
    Hogan news

It is being reported that Hogan is gone from WWE out of no where. Rumor is he went on a racial tirade and there is either video or audio.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    it was a good time to sell that 9.5.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>it was a good time to sell that 9.5. >>

That's for sure.
  • Options
    I just looked at completed EBAY auctions and Hogan merchandise is still selling briskly.

This is horrible PR but like everything in America, it will blow over at some point. Hulk will craft a detailed apology and probably say these statements were made prior to finding Jesus Christ and that it was one of the reasons he was compelled to do so.

You can read the comments on Hogan

• Options
    he'll be fine! just so long as he doesn't get caught gambling on wrestling. image

his kid however, couldn't even drive mrs daisy.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too late for Vinny Mac to suspend / erase himself for use the word a decade or so ago.
  • Options

<< <i>it was a good time to sell that 9.5. >>

BGS 9.5

Back for sale image

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I picked a bad week to buy at 1985 Topps Hogan #1 PSA 10 card... he's issued an apology now.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    This isn't about the interview above.

It is based, so far, on a tape with Hogan spewing racist rhetoric about someone his daughter was dating.
    And it is apparently, not the only such tape.

The content is awful.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>This isn't about the interview above.

It is based, so far, on a tape with Hogan spewing racist rhetoric about someone his daughter was dating.

The content is awful. >>

I posted a link to the site with the story. It isn't the interview from a few years ago that is 14 minutes or so long.

If anyone cares to read it click on the story The National Enquirer Racist Comments.

• Options
    i gladly took my four digit profit and ran.

considering recent events, more power to him if he can get anywhere near that within the next 6 months or so.

thought my recent 7 looked better and measured taller when side by side:

• Options
    *** In my Opinion***

90 day suspension, full apology (already done by Hulk I believe), maybe another condition or two added in what category I'm not sure. That's what I would have given Hulk. The erasing from website, etc, that's overreach, but emblematic of the current "Politically Correct or bust!" era at this time. I freely admit to being politically incorrect more often than not, though not to the point of hurling slurs around. Even though I was born in the south...Raised in the South...Live in the South...And we all know the stereotypes of the south...Good parenting, good sense goes a long way image
  • Options
    Politically correct or not, the fact is that saying racist things will trash your reputation these days in a lasting manner (not that it will never recover, but it is slow) and that is a danger of collecting any living person. Things can happen, of this sort or of others, that reflect negatively on a person and hurt the values of their cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Politically correct or not, the fact is that saying racist things will trash your reputation these days in a lasting manner (not that it will never recover, but it is slow) and that is a danger of collecting any living person. Things can happen, of this sort or of others, that reflect negatively on a person and hurt the values of their cards. >>

True, just look at Michael Richards...before I saw the news on Hulk Hogan today I saw a post on the Seinfeld Bookface page that it was Michael Richards birthday....I'm a huge Seinfeld fan but the first thing I thought of was his racist rant while doing standup and that was how long ago now?
  • Options

The content is awful. >>

Agreed. And let's not sugar coat it by calling it "racial." It's racIST. It's bigoted. "Racial" is when you're having a mature adult conversation about race. When you call people names based on color or ethnicity or use despicable slurs, you're a disgusting racist. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    The most interesting part of the WWE's reaction to this is the report that he has been taken of the WWE HOF site as well. Does that mean that he is no longer a member of their HOF?
  • Options
    Pure ignorance.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The content is awful. >>

Agreed. And let's not sugar coat it by calling it "racial." It's racIST. It's bigoted. "Racial" is when you're having a mature adult conversation about race. When you call people names based on color or ethnicity or use despicable slurs, you're a disgusting racist. Plain and simple. >>

I don't think the Hulk can rise again after this. That sex tape appears to have some blatant and disgusting N word usage along with the racist comments surrounding those words. He has risen and fallen many times in his career but he struck out now for good. I mean if those quotes from the tape are legit, he pretty much said he is racist in his own words. Too bad because so many of us watched him as kids and have rooted for him. I certainly did.
  • Options
    I am sticking by Hulk. No one is perfect. If I held every wrestler to a perfect standard I wouldn't like probably any of them.

• Options
    ha! very, very true.

i still despise willie mays for the reverse-reasoning...
  • Options

<< <i>ha! very, very true.

i still despise willie mays for the reverse-reasoning... >>

Hank Aaron made some very racist comments a year or so ago. No impact on his popularity and his card prices exploded.

• Options

<< <i>I am sticking by Hulk. No one is perfect. If I held every wrestler to a perfect standard I wouldn't like probably any of them. >>

seconded image
  • Options

<< <i>

Hank Aaron made some very racist comments a year or so ago. No impact on his popularity and his card prices exploded. >>

Hank Aaron is black. I am not going to try to derail the thread by really getting into it, but for me--any many others--there is a huge difference.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hank Aaron made some very racist comments a year or so ago. No impact on his popularity and his card prices exploded. >>

Hank Aaron is black. I am not going to try to derail the thread by really getting into it, but for me--any many others--there is a huge difference. >>

Hank Aaron said that all white people who don't like Obama are racist. I take offense to that.

No one is defending what Hulk said. It is cringe worthy to read. That said I am not perfect, you are not perfect nor are any of us on this site. There isn't one human being that can say they have never said or done something that caught on camera or recording wouldn't find themselves in some form of trouble.

• Options
    It's a mistake to lump racism in with "some form of trouble." You are right that none of us are perfect, but there's a difference between being imperfect and being a hateful bigot. Hulk is clearly the latter. And no, I don't condone what Aaron or Mays said either. But what the Hulk said wasn't "imperfect," it wasn't "some form of trouble" and it wasn't "politically incorrect." It was hate speech. Politically incorrect is calling your flight attendant a stewardess. Calling your flight attendant a n****r is not the same.
  • Options
    There's a huge difference between what you just wrote about what Hank Aaron said and saying something *racist*. If you don't agree, agree to disagree.

I get the point about perfect people and the false idolization of many celebrities. Fact is, though, it happens. And, when the bubble pops and it becomes extremely uncool to like a person who is widely rebuked as racist--as for Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson, etc.--the damage is real, significant, and lasting.
  • Options

<< <i>

Hank Aaron is black. I am not going to try to derail the thread by really getting into it, but for me--any many others--there is a huge difference. >>

Agree, 100%.