The Barber Mega Thread - Part Two

Comments

• Options
    JMWJMW Posts: 497
    Here are three of my "o"'s
  • Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes- I've been upstaged!!

But at least I got this thread back into Halves for a bit......
    I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe! I am drewling over that 92-O Micro O and I just finished my dinner! Damn Nice Rare as Crap Coin!
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentlemen - Interesting thoughts on the true rarity of circ barber halves, and some really nice tough coins pictured. Don't know the series well enough myself to pick the toughest date, several seem pretty rare with just the right look in VF-AU, to me. Mike mentioned a stash of 97-O's out there somewhere, so here are the 97-O's from Paesan's Stash, PC30 & PC45:

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    It's not fair to have two nice '97 O 50C at the same time. Isn't there some sort of rule here that one of them must be forfeited?
  • Options
    SAM5969SAM5969 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    I think Lenny's 45 is the nicest XF I have ever seen (based on image as Ive never seen in hand)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful '97O! Looks like an AU coin under all that original skin and crust!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonderful '97O! Looks like an AU coin under all that original skin and crust! >>

I agree, it's exactly the coin I'm looking for.

As Scott once mentioned... This is neither an invitation to buy or sell.
    It's just a great coin. Nicer than the one I spoke of earlier.

I was notified this morning by Stack's Bowers, that I had won my only bid
    on another 1899-S ...

I have this date in an AU 53 [ ex: Kennedy ]

and an XF 45 [ ex: John Thomas ]

my photobucket headings are screwed up - they are all helter skelter - thru no fault of my own....image

Well... I found my old one easily enough...

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that 97-O has a much better shot at AU than Jeff's 96-O! Total original(sorry Scott! image) with luster blooming through the tone. IMHO that coin would upgrade with 1 try through reconsideration!
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

<< <i>I think that 97-O has a much better shot at AU than Jeff's 96-O! >>

If I get a file out and work on the rim dings do you think my chances will increase?image
  • Options
    In a shameless effort to keep the Half Dollar thread going here's my favorite one:
    imageimage

It's currently in a NGC 58 holder on it's way to PCGS to see if it will cross. I'm guessing this one will.
  • Options
    Makes no difference to any of us which denomination gets the most play.
    I think we are all in agreement, just show us all your Barbers... Nickels
    seem to be the ones that don't get enough play on this thread.

Just keep 'em coming... Halves are great...Quarters too... Love nice Dimes
    and keep the V Nickel in mind too. Commems are also very acceptable:
    The Isabella Quarter, Columbian Half, The PAN-PAC (OBV) Half, The McKinley Gold - 1916 & 1917,
    The OBV of the PAN-PAC $2.50, the Hawaiian coinage of 1883, some Cuban and South American designs,
    The Louisiana Purchase Gold of 1903 - Thom. Jefferson and Wm. McKinley, 1904-1905 Lewis & Clark Gold,
    The imfamous Flowing Hair Stellas of 1879 & 1880, lesser known pattern 1908 Shield Nickel and of course
    Barber's 1906 Double Eagle ( an example resides in both the Smithsonian and the Bass Museum at the ANA.)
    There are a slew of 1891 Pattern Nickels and Cents.

So... Have at it. Let's see some unfamiliar coins up on this Thread every so often.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Mike - You have the start of a 99-S grading set.

oih8 - Neat die clash on your dime. Thanks for posting.

Jeff - Good luck on the crosses. They may all come home, cause one never knows what our hosts will do (note Scott's 96-O).

Pics for this AM, raw newps from Scott:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    SunnywoodSunnywood Posts: 2,683
    One of the finest known 1907-O dimes, ex Newman II (Heritage, Nov. 2013, Lot 33324)
    Was graded NGC MS67+*
    Now graded PCGS MS67
    Flashy cartwheel luster in hand ...

imageimage

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Options
    Beautiful Sunnywood .. So gorgeous and congratulations

Always An honor when you grace is with your socializing on the Mega Thread. She's a real beauty , a New Orleans cutie ... Sorry, some of us like our musical references simultaneously..

Trivia question for anyone able to change a couple words in order to name that tune in 7 notes (original game show host?)
    Trivia question within the trivia question for all you trivia buffs ... NO cheating ... image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Good stuff, Scott. Right up my alley. Type 1 O mint and the Type 2 S mint.

Sunnywood..... image Where's that key date quarter???
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm saving the quarters until I get new images. They really need to be imaged out of the holders, though I hate to give up the old green inserts. But yeah I will have a few monster quarter images to share at some point, when I feel comfortable letting PCGS have them image)

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Options
    Sunnywood:

I have always appreciated the 07-O Dime in high grade MS.
    The POP report that Ponyexpress8 printed up for our Barber
    course showed only one MS 67 ... so, the cross over from NGC
    of the 67+ into a PCGS 67 must make it now a POP TWO coin.

Talk about a condition rarity !! Thanks for sharing.

Obviously, we are all holding our breaths waiting for your new images.
    I can assume you are going to register them into a set. I have not
    looked at the Registry standings in some time, especially after Gene
    announced he was selling.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So... Have at it. Let's see some unfamiliar coins up on this Thread every so often. >>

Like these?

• Options

Mike Valente...

Thanks for posting !!

We certainly don't see Barber Patterns all that often !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Hi Mike,

Long time no see! Yes I will be back with images in due course, though it may be a while. I am not planning to do complete sets the way I did with the quarters before, although the sale of Gene Gardner's coins made that a very tempting proposition. I loved the quarter set I put together (still visible on the Registry), and therefore felt it wasn't necessary to do it all over again. What I am doing this time around is just buying some beautiful and exceptional coins here and there, and of course I will share them when I do ... and there will be more to come image)

Yes the 1907-O dime is now pop 2/0. Maybe someday this Newman coin will get the plus at PCGS, but I generally don't play that game too hard (of trying to upgrade and max out everything). It had the distinction of being the only one of Newman's Barber dimes to be in the "Featured" session of that amazing auction (the middle section of the catalog with all full-page lots), along with so many monster coins. It was nice to see an MS Barber dime accorded that honor!

All the best,
    Sunnywood

• Options
    Sunnywood - Thanks for posting that monster dime, and congrats on the acquisition of the ultimate barber, your new 01-S qtr. Look forward to your pics.

Scott - I'm going to guess Bob Barker.

Valente - Now that's variety.

Paesan - Congrats on Brazil's win.

Pics for this AM, more of Scott's raw newps:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Sunnywood - did you buy the Gardner 01-S Quarter ? Congratulations !

If you are going to the Chicago ( Rosemont ) ANA in August, the BCCS
    ( Barber Coin Collectors Society ) is having a meeting at 9:00 on Wednesday.
    Although I won't be attending, I am sure you'll enjoy yourself; the membership
    would love to meet you as well. Last January, I had the pleasure of having Dale
    Friend attend the FUN meeting and he brought his 1892-O Micro O in PCGS 68.
    Possibly you could bring a surprise coin for show and tell, yourself.

Nothing new to report, per se. An old friend from Boston contacted me last week
    saying he had inherited his Dad's coin collection. Almost a complete set of IHC's
    ...included four Flying Eagle Cents... 1856 to 1858. He mailed me the set, seems
    his Dad used a duplicate 1858 to fill in the 56 opening.

As I had expected all were cull coins, hardly any above VG
    details. Also included were some type coins. One Barber Dime:
    ( and to my surprise ) an 1895-O in ( at best described as ) Poor 1
    ... The Reverse MM location is worn so badly it's almost impossible
    to see the MM. But, it's there. Had to laugh, only one Dime and it's
    the key date ! It's just a hole filler, I'm afraid. He's asked me to sell
    the coins for what I can get out of them. It's going to be a shock for
    him when I only have a few bucks for him. ( When I mentioned that
    the coins were in really non-collectable condition - I think he should
    have gotten the hint. )
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Very cool stuff Valente. That had to be a very cool experience.

Scott, loving the new coins. Awesome stuff.

Mike, that 92-o has a great pedigree. Low/Clapp/Eliasberg/Friend. Very cool coin. I saw DrPete's at Pittsburgh a few years ago..but that was only in the case. Do you know where your old 63 is?
  • Options
    Justin,
    My old Micro O ( MS 63 - ex: Shireman ) is now in Chugum's collection.
    Personally, I liked it more than the one in the Gardner sale. ( also a 63 ).

I have no idea where my other two Micro O's went to. Both AU 55's.
    (Edit) : One was eventually sold to Glenn Holsonbake - which he consigned
    to an auction. I believe Harry Laibstain purchased it from the auction. Where
    that one went is anyone's guess.

My second 55 was sold to Harry as well, again, it's disposition is a mystery.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Justin and all - the recent raw coins which Vern has been displaying images he took, the Barbers, seated coins which included three lovely quarters, two half-dollars and a seated dollar as well as several bust coins (a terrific 1833 quarter, two bust half dollars from the 1820s and a pair of capped bust dimes as well as some other coins including a large cent and a walking liberty half, were all purchased en masse from Tyler Child. He had a run of Barber quarters I saw listed on eBay - nothing outrageous by any means: pretty much all common stuff ranging in grade from very good to very fine which prompted me to look at his other listings... I then contacted him and asked him everything he was selling and we negotiated a price for the lot

Tyler is well known for having excellent taste and a great eye... needless to say nothing disappointed. And to satisfy any curiosity or inquiring minds want to know, I have no intentions whatsoever of beginning another reg. barber half-dollar set, or of building any other sets for that matter (other than a type set eventually down the road) .. However as I do currently have several Dansko albums I will not rule out filling those with VF/XF coins. My barber quarter Dansko is already more than halfway full of coins ranging in grade from F to AU. Sorry to all those who insist upon a "consistent, well matched" set. That is not my personal desire to have
    imageimage
  • Options
    PatchesPatches Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭
    Here's some recent acquisitions of mine, all PCGS AU-58s:

1905-P

1907-S

1910-D
  • Options
    kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    I don't have anything special, but I did pick these up in junk silver bins a long time ago.

1897-S Barber Half Dollar

1897-O Barber Half Dollar with a little scratch and various damage

• Options

<< <i>Justin and all - the recent raw coins which Vern has been displaying images he took, the Barbers, seated coins which included three lovely quarters, two half-dollars and a seated dollar as well as several bust coins (a terrific 1833 quarter, two bust half dollars from the 1820s and a pair of capped bust dimes as well as some other coins including a large cent and a walking liberty half, were all purchased en masse from Tyler Child. He had a run of Barber quarters I saw listed on eBay - nothing outrageous by any means: pretty much all common stuff ranging in grade from very good to very fine which prompted me to look at his other listings... I then contacted him and asked him everything he was selling and we negotiated a price for the lot

Tyler is well known for having excellent taste and a great eye... needless to say nothing disappointed. And to satisfy any curiosity or inquiring minds want to know, I have no intentions whatsoever of beginning another reg. barber half-dollar set, or of building any other sets for that matter (other than a type set eventually down the road) .. However as I do currently have several Dansko albums I will not rule out filling those with VF/XF coins. My barber quarter Dansko is already more than halfway full of coins ranging in grade from F to AU. Sorry to all those who insist upon a "consistent, well matched" set. That is not my personal desire to have >>

Well I guess that would explain why most of the auctions I was watching of his ended prematurely. I'll say this, TC has one of the best eyes when it comes to circulated coins.
  • Options
    Kenny, thanks for posting your coins. image
  • Options
    paesanpaesan Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings from Rio de Janeiro! Enjoying myself immensely. Just caught up with the discussion.

Kenny, Welcome aboard! Like your 97-S half very much!

Vern, Thanks on the Brazil victory. Germany will be a tough game since Brazil is missing two stars for the match.

Although I have collected many duplicate quarters, I have approached my half dollar collection in a completely different manner. I just look for the nicest coin (for the grade) that I can find. The collection now ranges from MS-62 to VF-20. I have no interest in trying to complete an AU set because many of my XF examples are much nicer than any of the AUs that I've come across, and I'm not willing to spend MS money on halves since I'm doing seated libs now. Im also not willing to pay MS 65 money for tough AU halves. As in the case of those two 97-O half dollars posted by Vern, the VF-30 was sold as I wasn't fond of it. If I would choose a back-up from all the pictures posted, it would be your F-12, Jeff. The only exception to my half set duplicate rule are a handful of beauties that I acquired from Vern and Justin. I am in custody of these "extras" but would offer them back before ever selling them. They are all perfect for the grade. I've been working on this set for about 4 years and I have about 50 coins thus far, including most of the semi-keys. I'm in no hurry to finish it, as nice coins seldom come around at reasonable prices. Maybe by about 2018.

Paesan

More coins, less government.
  • Options
    Yacorie1Yacorie1 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Justin and all - the recent raw coins which Vern has been displaying images he took, the Barbers, seated coins which included three lovely quarters, two half-dollars and a seated dollar as well as several bust coins (a terrific 1833 quarter, two bust half dollars from the 1820s and a pair of capped bust dimes as well as some other coins including a large cent and a walking liberty half, were all purchased en masse from Tyler Child. He had a run of Barber quarters I saw listed on eBay - nothing outrageous by any means: pretty much all common stuff ranging in grade from very good to very fine which prompted me to look at his other listings... I then contacted him and asked him everything he was selling and we negotiated a price for the lot

Tyler is well known for having excellent taste and a great eye... needless to say nothing disappointed. And to satisfy any curiosity or inquiring minds want to know, I have no intentions whatsoever of beginning another reg. barber half-dollar set, or of building any other sets for that matter (other than a type set eventually down the road) .. However as I do currently have several Dansko albums I will not rule out filling those with VF/XF coins. My barber quarter Dansko is already more than halfway full of coins ranging in grade from F to AU. Sorry to all those who insist upon a "consistent, well matched" set. That is not my personal desire to have >>

Well I guess that would explain why most of the auctions I was watching of his ended prematurely. I'll say this, TC has one of the best eyes when it comes to circulated coins. >>

Agree. Scott - you could always bring those coins to CT to unload....
  • Options
    Scott,

Glad you worked out a deal with Tyler. He was one of my first friends on the Forums.
    Yes, he has a great eye and I am sure you liked all of the coins you bought "en masse"
    from him.

I have often wondered what it would be like to do a raw set of Quarters. I have done
    two Dime raw sets ... and a number of Half sets... but never a Quarter set.

A couple of years ago, I bought a group of Wayte Raymond albums. ( National branded ).
    A friend was selling them as a set: Dime, Quarter and Halves. Sure, why not... "Some Day".

So, best of luck with you new adventure. I am sure it will be a blast.... nothing wrong with mixing
    mid range grades. It's the "hole fillers" I object to, they drag the whole set down, IMHO.

Paesan:

It's Winter in Brazil now, isn't it ? Or, is it as hot at Southern Florida. ??
    Enjoy the games... It must be a mad house there during the games.
    At least the streets are empty as everyone is watching the games.

Steve:

Love the new Dimes. Especially the top one !!

Kenny:

Welcome to the Barber Thread. I also wish more kids collected coins.
    Glad to see you are a member of 4 clubs ( very impressive ) ... So,
    you must live in a large metropolitan area.

I hope you are a member of the ANA, if not we'll make arrangements
    for you to join. The ANA has two One Week Seminars every year in
    Colorado Springs and there are approximately 30-40 kids about your
    age ( some younger and some older ). I would suggest you look into
    it... Possibility of one of your clubs sponsoring you for a week. It's an
    experience I only wished was offered to me at your age. Get in touch
    with my Barber co-instructor, Ponyexpress8 ( Glenn Holsonbake ) on
    these boards. Send him a PM and ask about how you can get a scholarship
    and free flights and room and board.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Patches - Nice newps.

Kenny - Welcome to the barber mega thread, and nice finds.

Pics for this AM, raw coin from my collection:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options

If anyone is coming to Summer FUN,

I plan on using Holsonbake Numismatics

as home base for Thursday and Friday.

Table 518.

Stop by and say hello.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Nice skin on the Columbian!
  • Options
    Mike - Won't be at FUN, hope you find something(s) nice.

Paesan - Is Germany that good?

Pics for this AM, more from Scott's raw group:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Vern, Don't want to bore the coin crowd, but yesterday, Germany played at top efficiency and Brazil played horribly and a few other factors led to the onslaught. Props to Deutschland!

Paesan
  • Options

Well, if the Belgians couldn't win, I was hoping for the Dutch team.
    ( I lost track of the Dutch standings )... If they are out of it, then I
    hope the Deutche Football Team does well. It's been said before ...
    Deutchland Uber Alles. ( As long as it's just in sports ! )

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    daveyndaveyn Posts: 150 ✭✭
  • Options
    I apologize for the previous blank post but not sure how to edit, I've been a member since 2001 but haven't used the forum for 13 yrs. I sent this pic into Mike and he asked I post it here, I was questioning the doubling on this Barber Half 1907 O rev . While some looked to be machine doubling, I wasn't sure about the notching on the L's in DOLLAR and the H in HALF. I was told it looked to be a DDR, I too think there is too much going on to be just machine doubling. It appears to be rotated some, would appreciate some opinions.

• Options
    I apologize for the previous blank post but not sure how to edit, I've been a member since 2001 but haven't used the forum for 13 yrs. I sent this pic into Mike and he asked I post it here, I was questioning the doubling on this Barber Half 1907 O rev . While some looked to be machine doubling, I wasn't sure about the notching on the L's in DOLLAR and the H in HALF. I was told it looked to be a DDR, I too think there is too much going on to be just machine doubling. It appears to be rotated some, would appreciate some opinions.

Tanks,
    Dave

1907 o Rev
  • Options
    Dave - welcome to the forum - I am not the guy to ask about doubling soI wont comment other than saying I like the look of the 1907-O Half - very nice surfaces and skin to it .. well struck also

Here are a couple of new purchases - the 1907-S and 1897-O are courtesy of one, Brian Greer. PCGS, NGC and raw .. They are all destined for the Dansco if I can bring myself to crack the two certified coins out .. So far the Dansco is about 50% complete with all coins graded VF to AU and none have come from slabs .. But I absolutely loved the look of the 1908-S and the 97-O so I bought them with full intentions of cracking .. But, now that I have them, I am having second thoughts. I have another raw 1908-S that is currently with a dealer as I was planning to submit it (there is a 50/50 chance it grades AU55/58 and a 50% chance it doesn't straight grade IMO. If it grades, I have a crusty 53 I was going to use in the album if I could make myself crack that one .. So I am so.... image The way I figure it is I can always crack it later but once it is cracked all bets are off...

Anyway - feel free to GTG if you would like to .. And- lastly, these images may be re-posted a month or 4 down the road after the man from Illinois has them in possession and does them correctly image
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, I have just started on this series, been a long time Flying Eagle and Indian cent collector. I thought I'd start on a set of halves so I picked the Barbers, I never had much interest in the series, but for some strange reason they appeal to me now. I'm trying to collect a set of raw VG-VF and also working on a Registry set that I'm trying to do in XF. I live in St. Louis and plan on making the ANA show, hope to attend the Barber club meeting and find a few pieces for the sets.
    Some nice looking coins you have posted, do you attend many shows or buy mostly on-line, I try to buy mostly at shows so I can see the coins in hand although I have never been disappointed with my on-line purchases.

Thanks again for the welcome,

Dave

• Options
    Dave - Good luck with your set - great set to work on .. My accomplishments are very modest and humble compared to many others .. I did have a complete set of Halves that were all PCGS XF/AU and was in the process of converting to all AU with some MS coins .. My original plan was to sell off the coins with lesser eye appeal and end up with all top notch quality AU and MS coins .. However - after isolating the coins I wanted to replace (which was about 15 coins, mostly XF40 and 45 coins that I didn't find attractive or had been dipped once too often etc., I found a person who had bought a couple from me off eBay .. we ended up befriending each other and over time as we got to talking, he expressed great interest in the coins I wanted to sell. he asked if I could send him a list. I obliged by sending him a list of coins I wanted to eventually upgrade. He came back saying he wanted to buy them all right now if they were available... And although I had no immediate intention of selling them right then and there, someone once told me the best time to sell a coin is when someone wants to buy it so I sent him the list of asking prices. The deal became cemented when he took them all at my full ask without asking for a penny off any of them - I really had no choice. Once those coins were gone, I decided to liquidate the remaining coins rather than continue the quest as the Barber Halves had skyrocketed in price over the past 2 years and I simply decided to get out while the getting was good

Now the only "published" sets I have are the Beantown Quarter sets on the PCGS Reg. Those sets are far from finished - all are missing the 3 keys (although I may have an 1896-S in XF soon - we'll see if I like it.. I will have to love it at that cost image

Good luck with your XF set - it is a very fun set to build ... there are a few very nice XF sets on the PCGS and NGC registries .. at least there were - I haven't looked in a long time so maybe they are gone now ... On the PCGS site, there was a set of all 45's that was pristine - the owner's name was Dave - I believe it is still there

If you want my one and a half cents of experience/advice, I say - Buy the nicest coins you can regardless of holder or if they are raw.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Scott,

Great quarters....right up my alley image I grade all of them VF25.

-Steve
  • Options
    Davey- My opinion on the 07-O is just straight shelf doubling. Almost all of the doubling looks completely flat. Even the notches in the L's would not correspond with die doubling. Just my 2 cent piece.

Scott-Great run of quarters. My opinion, I wouldn't crack them just yet. There is no hurry. You may change your mind along the way. Mine does all the time! By the way, your pics look a lot better. I don't know if you tried anything different, but they look less pasty than your previous photos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file