Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dmitri Young SCP thread

123457»

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the guys who showed me the Ken Kendrick's collection and I got to talking and he said the Clemente PSA 10 was flipped to the under bidder for 900k.

Nice score! >>

This is how rumors start.

<< <i>I was recently offered about 2X what I paid for the Clemente 10 but am not interested in selling. The rumor is completely untrue and the guy has no idea what he is talking about. I won the auction and there was no flip to any underbidder.

EOMINT >>

This is how rumors end.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was recently offered about 2X what I paid for the Clemente 10 but am not interested in selling. The rumor is completely untrue and the guy has no idea what he is talking about. I won the auction and there was no flip to any underbidder >>

Bam! Case closed. Underbidder should have bid a little harder!
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was recently offered about 2X what I paid for the Clemente 10 but am not interested in selling. The rumor is completely untrue and the guy has no idea what he is talking about. I won the auction and there was no flip to any underbidder.

EOMINT >>

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a perfect situation. You still own the card and have a buyer that is willing to take you out at a large profit.
  • EOMINTEOMINT Posts: 349
    Yeah, and I remember all those guys on the Net54 forum saying what a ludicrous price I paid and how stupid I was...I was told the same thing in 05 when I paid 40K for one of the 2 Banks 10 RCs...

In any collecting field, the highest end really rare stuff tends to go up over time. You were much better off if you could have afforded it buying a Chagall original than a litho back in the 1970s for example if u look at today's prices.

EO to the MINT

PS Oleander is a flower, Olander is my last name.
  • I say the Clemente and Aaron rookie Psa 10's have doubled in value since the scp auctions sale.
    The Clemente and Aaron rookie Psa 10's were wise investments and probably almost million dollar cards each now.
  • Nice Clemente eomint.
  • Nice Aaron and rose bingoboy superb investments!
  • When's the next big auction like this?
    Carew PSA 10

This card sold for $40,388.40 in the SCP auction.

The final bid without the buyers premium was $33,657 so at the current price the card has appreciated 43% in just over 2 and a half years and the auction isn't over yet.

Pretty cool to see so many of these cards perform so well.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Carew PSA 10

The final bid without the buyers premium was $33,657 so at the current price the card has appreciated 43% in just over 2 and a half years and the auction isn't over yet.

Pretty cool to see so many of these cards perform so well. >>

Crazy. But makes sense considering how much 9s have appreciated in recent months.
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    This card was on display at the Chicago show I attended weekend before last. It is a beautiful, sharp card, but, in person, appears even more left to right OC than in the scans.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ow. i bit my tongue.
  • Where can you view the auction?

Thanks

• << <i>ow. i bit my tongue. >>

That must be a new sensation for you image Like I'm one to talk....

<< <i>Where can you view the auction?

Thanks >>

If you are referring to the Rod Carew I posted the link to the current auction.

I just checked and the current bid is $74,696.

• 1all1all Posts: 510 ✭✭✭
    Obviously a killer card but I count at least 5 fisheyes.

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ow. i bit my tongue. >>

That must be a new sensation for you image Like I'm one to talk.... >>

well, geez Dan. thanks for noticing. image
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 out of 10 times that card comes back a 9 because of the major white print dot(s).
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not buy 10s...overpriced and at times over graded. No PSA 10 should have print fish eyes. A few of Dmetri's 10s were questionable...Seaver rookie (tilt cut)...Yaz Rookie (tilt cut)...Morgan Rookie (tilt cut)...Bench Rookie (off center). For the dollars that a gem mint card demands...the card should have no flaws.
    mint_only_pls

<< <i>Carew PSA 10

Pretty cool to see so many of these cards perform so well. >>

The Rod Crew finished at $95,293.67 with the buyers premium.

136% gain since the Dmitri auction.

• << <i>I do not buy 10s...overpriced and at times over graded. No PSA 10 should have print fish eyes. A few of Dmetri's 10s were questionable...Seaver rookie (tilt cut)...Yaz Rookie (tilt cut)...Morgan Rookie (tilt cut)...Bench Rookie (off center). For the dollars that a gem mint card demands...the card should have no flaws. >>

I would put some nice 9's up against some of those 10's. In my opinion, no gem mint card is truly perfect. If scrutinized closely, you can find a flaw with just about every card. But.... a gem card should look gem upon first observation. There were a few like the Musial and Clemente rookies that were nothing short of amazing, but others were soft 10's, in my opinion. I guess that is why they say grading is subjective. Buy the card, not the label/holder.
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing with 9's and 10's is once you buy them you sit a look for the flaw that they missed - kind of like getting a date with Cindy Crawford and complaining about the mole all nightimage

With 7's and 8's you sit there and ask why is this not a grade higher when compared to 9's and 10's you have seem of the same card. Like you always hear - buy the card and not the holder.
    Rose 657K

Strong action so far.
  • TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Not the greatest time to be a buyer since a few big cards have come down quite a bit, but the POP 1's I would say would be an exception. Won't be surprised if some of these cards are $1 million plus in a few years. Just a great thing for the hobby as a whole, but I feel sorry for some of the people that have paid $100+ for a PSA 8 Clemente RC and the one in this auction sold for $54,000. Could have bought 2 of them. Just a roller coaster year so far and can't wait for the next big auction. Will gladly wait on the sidelines for the right sale instead of paying some of these ridiculous prices.