Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dmitri Young SCP thread

Comments

• thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm contemplating one more bid on the Musial, but I honestly, I don't think that will get it done, so not sure if I should even bother. >>

2nd mortgages are underrated anyway. image

Seriously, though, that Musial is such an awesome card. Some of his 10s are questionable--this is not one of them. Amazing a card from 1948 is in such pristine condition.

• ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Stay away from the Musial as well as the Frank NNOF. Terrible cards.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i> Stay away from the Musial as well as the Frank NNOF. Terrible cards. >>

If I am competing with you for that Musial, it definitely makes my decision an easy one. I'm out! I hope you win it, you have the ability to do what's necessary to win that card! Good Luck
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm contemplating one more bid on the Musial, but I honestly, I don't think that will get it done, so not sure if I should even bother. >>

Go for it!
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Go for it! >>

I say go for it also! When are you going to see that card again? image

Justin
  • TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Paid $86,500 for the Rose rookie and now at $131,000+. Some pretty great investments this guy made. All I can say is sell your POP 1 RC's now before they drop like crazy after the 2nd POP.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    With 1 hr 13 minutes left in "normal bidding time", I quickly added up the current winning bids on the first 300 lots. Right now it is ~ $1,465,000.00. Curious to see how much "late" money is bid.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for doing that Doug, this will be neat to see what the late money is like.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    SCP has gone to the wierd ending this year, where the entire auction stays open if any 1 lot gets a bid in a 15 minute span. I liked the old way much better.

"AUCTION CLOSING

(PLEASE READ, AS OUR RULES HAVE CHANGED)

The entire auction will remain open until 15 minutes passes without a bid being placed on any item in the entire auction. PLEASE NOTE: IN PAST AUCTIONS WE HAVE CLOSED LOTS INDIVIDUALLY BASED ON A 30-MINUTE CLOCK. WE HAVE CHANGED THIS FORMAT. ALL LOTS IN THIS AUCTION WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR BIDDING UNTIL THE CLOSE OF THE ENTIRE AUCTION. Based on past experience, we expect the auction to continue past 11:00pm PST. Should bidding continue past 11:00pm PST, there will be no public warning as to exactly when the auction will close."
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SCP has gone to the wierd ending this year, where the entire auction stays open if any 1 lot gets a bid in a 15 minute span. I liked the old way much better. >>

this is actually the old way. All auctions were this way then they went to the individual and I think it hurt consignments so many are going back to leaving the whole thing open
  • CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    Heritage, Legendary, and Huggins and Scott still use the each lot closes individually method for closing. REA, Goodwin, SCP, Mile High, and Memory Lane use the entire auction closes at one time method.
  • ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Good luck to all involved in bidding, I can't waut to see the highlights tomorrow when I wake up or later tonight after dancing and drinking. Then again, I won't remember, so when I wake up it is!

<< <i>Awesome, thanks for doing that Doug, this will be neat to see what the late money is like. >>

Matt ... let me correct what I said. The number I gave you was for the 300 lots with the HIGHEST BIDS on Dmitri's items at that time.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to all the board members who are still in the running. Please post any victories. I'm always interested in hearing who won what.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    I'm still leading 8 auctions. Pretty interesting grouping, so don't make fun of me when I post it!!

jbox
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still leading 8 auctions. Pretty interesting grouping, so don't make fun of me when I post it!!

jbox >>

Awesome! Good luck with those bids!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • I'm leading in 5, no Huge Monsters, few little ones..

We'll see. I just wait for my email to ding and I know I've been outbid. I think I'm done bidding.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"

<< <i>I'm still leading 8 auctions. Pretty interesting grouping, so don't make fun of me when I post it!! jbox >>

Hey, there are plenty of Dmitri's cards with VCP ~$15.00 that are ONLY $25.00 PLUS juice and shipping right now! Have NO IDEA what cards you are bidding on ... but would still be kewl to own one of his cards from this auction.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>I'm leading in 5, no Huge Monsters, few little ones..

We'll see. I just wait for my email to ding and I know I've been outbid. I think I'm done bidding. >>

Yep, I'm done too, and all but one of my items is currently at my top bid so I'm pretty sure I'll lose a few.
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Just got knocked out of 1 but still winning 3...definitely done
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Good Luck to anyone that's bidding, or has high bid right now.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
    I'm up currently up on 7. Plan on winning (hopefully!) them all since I'm out on the Don Sutton.

Justin
    Some of the 80's cards are selling for a ridiculous amount.
    The Garvey went nuts
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase

<< <i>Some of the 80's cards are selling for a ridiculous amount. >>

Yes!! I was really interested in a few of these. There are a number of very liquid/not rare cards that are going for twice their normal price or more.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a big audience which means much higher prices. This is a great thing for the card market!!!

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    LOL at the moment the Aaron and Clemente are at exactly the same amount, $223, 887

<< <i>LOL at the moment the Aaron and Clemente are at exactly the same amount, $223, 887 >>

They've both been sitting there a while. Been waiting for one to move to the top
    I would say that may have to do with bid increments. I noticed the same thing earlier on some of the 70's mega stars.

If a few rouge buyers step in some of these cards could go for crazy sums. If it stays only major baseball card collectors it won't go as high but I think some unknown buyers are going to surface for a few cards tonight.

So you guys are thinking this goes another few hours? I am optimistic but based on that maybe shouldn't be. I thought I had a shot at the Garvey but turns out I got blown out
    Frank Thomas NNOF for $13,000+, Jeter SP for $18,000+. Griffey UD for $400, Randy Johnsom UD $70+. I think some people are buying just to keep the Dmitri Young Collection label.

<< <i>So you guys are thinking this goes another few hours? I am optimistic but based on that maybe shouldn't be. I thought I had a shot at the Garvey but turns out I got blown out >>

That Garvey is a nice 10
    1980 Dan Petry PSA 10 - VCP $9.99
    If once owned by Dmitri - $130
    Kind of a shame that PWCC and Probstein can sell POP 1 50's and 60's commons for more than some of these big rookie cards in this auction.
    The biggest headscratcher for me is the 1985 Donruss Eric Davis approaching $200 and going higher than the Puckett or Clemens. Haven't these been selling for 40 bucks? What am I missing?
    I was the one in on the 85 Davis. Someone wanted it more than me. I'm out on that one.

Justin
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    I was in on the 84 topps strawberry Tiffany for a good run. Out now, I'll let u big buyers buy the serious cards. Good luck
    bubblebathgirl, what do you mean by green shift?
  • Wow. Reggie Jackson rookie at $96,000, I'll bet this card sets a record for a 60's card

<< <i>Wow. Reggie Jackson rookie at $96,000, I'll bet this card sets a record for a 60's card >>

No, the Pete Rose rookie will be the one setting the record
    Major bids keep coming in! Clemente now at $297k+++
    Clemente just with a big bump....this stuff's fascinating to watch
    Ernie Banks just jumped by nearly $40K!!!

This is fun to watch!

Is it just me, or does the Stargell at $9K seem like a very good buy?
    It is a much nicer 10 than the Rose.
    Is there any way to tell each time the auction has been extended? I'm freaking out over here while being up on 3 items.
    Clemente gunning for $500,000!!!!

My max bid of $270,904.00 for the Hank Aaron has just been surpassed. Plan B is to use this money to buy a 7 or 8 52T Mantle, a PSA 8 Aaron, and much more. It's a bittersweet loss. This 15 minute extension for each bid is out of control.
  • CWCW Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    just realized one card that's missing (not sure if it exists).... 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax.

Good luck to all those bidding.