Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dmitri Young SCP thread

I'm sure we will be talking about these PSA 10's for a while since a PSA 10 collection like this will probably never be seen again in one auction. The Clemente rookie is only a day in and already at $126,000. I'm thinking the Aaron rookie will be the most expensive, but the Clemente will probably be very close. Just a little wierd seeing all the 80's and 90's PSA 10's that normaly sell for $10-20 in this auction. Anyone here going after any of the BIG rookies?

Comments

• Options
    I have my eyes on one of them....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Yep. A couple of them. Bidding is extremely strong so far...

Rick, good luck on the Clemente.

• Options
    In on the ------- unless it goes to a stupid number like the Ozzie RC PSA 10. 20K, are you kidding ?

Can't judge how much premium is involved by having the Dmitri Young Collection label ?????????????????????
  • Options

<< <i>In on the ------- unless it goes to a stupid number like the Ozzie RC PSA 10. 20K, are you kidding ?

WTF? Many of his vintage PSA 10s in low pops will go well above 20K.

• Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I've got strong bids on a couple of cards that I am hoping to land.

Competition seems pretty strong early on.

Justin
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I would say but I dont want to "out" the auction.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    im going strong on the rose, chance of a lifetime..
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>im going strong on the rose, chance of a lifetime.. >>

As a recent first time Rose rc. buyer,I say god luck,hope you get it! Im not
    much of a baseball collector or watcher hell I dont even have a fav. player but do love the rose rc. for
    some reason.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    I would want that Blyleven if I had unlimited funds. Alas, I will be going for some 80s product instead.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Bret Saberhagen rookie was touted in the SMR article, so I'll say that one will bring the highest price.image
  • Options
    I am guessing that after this past weekend's events, this lot will remain at "none":

Lot #497: 2011 DELMON YOUNG AUTOGRAPHED DETROIT TIGERS GAME WORN HOME JERSEY (LOA FROM DMITRI YOUNG)
    2011 DELMON YOUNG AUTOGRAPHED DETROIT TIGERS GAME WORN HOME JERSEY (LOA FROM DMITRI YOUNG)
    Number Bids: 0
    Minimum Bid: $250
    Current Bid: None
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking at a few of them...image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Love that Brock rookie, an incredible card.
    I question why he wasted time with some of those rookies - 77 Joaquin Andujar? 78 Willie Hernandez pop 16?
    Those don't seem to fit with the Aarons and Clementes.....
  • Options
    WTF? Many of his vintage PSA 10s in low pops will go well above 20K.

Many will not. Don't assume
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, the Bret Saberhagen rookie was touted in the SMR article, so I'll say that one will bring the highest price.image >>

I would really like that card, although not enough to pay much a premium so I likely won't even try.

PS: Saberhagen should be inducted into the Hall of Fame during odd numbered years only. (Haven't posted that comment in months, it was due.)
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    This is an Epic auction and we will never see anything like this again. Really incredible cards. I agree that the Clemente and Asron should take the cake. If I had to guess I would think $250,000 plus...

In any case, the real question is how much premium will be put on the cards because of the label?

Gonna be great to watch.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    how much for the pop 2 Yount and pop 8 Brett?

Same price (Brett much more popular, but Yount a pop 2)

are these $30K cards?
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Anybody besides me wondering why he stayed away from Canseco's?
  • Options
    how much for the pop 2 Yount and pop 8 Brett? Same price (Brett much more popular, but Yount a pop 2) are these $30K cards?

Yount 12/18/11 Memory Lane Auction | Image 25 $24,923.90

Yount Mini 12/18/11 Memory Lane Auction | Image 13 $3,607.55
  • Options
    miconelegacymiconelegacy Posts: 3,052
    I can see the Yount going for 30k plus. Take into acct the market lately and Dmitri's name on it.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Wonder how much he spent to get this slab personalized?
    Wouldn't want his card to be confused with just any Gonzalez rookie...

Last two sold for $1.30

LOL: "One of 1212 perfect GEM MINT PSA 10's."

Who wants to bet this card sells for $40 based on provenance?

• Options
    Who wants to bet this card sells for $40 based on provenance?

I'll take the over
  • Options
    Guess I won't be bidding on the Clemente. lol. $126K already without the juice. That baby is gonna fly high. really high.

• Options
    Wonder how much he spent to get this slab personalized? Wouldn't want his card to be confused with just any Gonzalez rookie...

Best laugh I've had today image

I just assume that the pre-1980 RC's will just blow the doors off, but you can see the Dmitri Young label premium built into the cheaper
    cards. Look at the '85 Topps Clemens, it's at $165 and it's a fugly 10. VCP is $86.

Maybe I'll settle on the Rick Honeycutt just to win something.

Gonzalez over/under is now $50

EDIT: Spelling
  • Options
    Can someone please post a link for these auctions

Thank You
  • Options
    Link

You have to register and provide a CC. Yep, let me put that 200K Clemente on my Amex please.

EDIT: Link Fixed
  • Options
    No credit cards accepted as is the rule on ML, REA, and others.

My guess is that Clemente goes for around $500K. I heard that Dmitri paid $120K for the card through private transaction, though somebody correct me if I'm wrong. He'll do extremely well on this card.

Some of his 10s are not the nicest 10s. However, that Clemente is absolutely stunning. What an awesome card!

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

I honestly thought he was going to lose his shirt auctioning off his collection. Appearently I was mistaken. image
  • Options
    The above link wouldn't work for me
  • Options

<< <i>The above link wouldn't work for me >>

Try this.

• Options
    1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    If I am outbid on the 1954 AARON . . . then somebody paid too much, that's all I'll say.
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the heavy hitters of the hobby (Spence, Dmitri, Soloway, Olbermann, etc) read and participate on these boards?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the heavy hitters of the hobby (Spence, Dmitri, Soloway, Olbermann, etc) read and participate on these boards?

If the really cared, they have the funds to hire a secretary to provide them a daily, or weekly, summarized report without all the CL finds and Bagwell grade guessing garbage. image
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No credit cards accepted as is the rule on ML, REA, and others.

My guess is that Clemente goes for around $500K. I heard that Dmitri paid $120K for the card through private transaction, though somebody correct me if I'm wrong. He'll do extremely well on this card.

Some of his 10s are not the nicest 10s. However, that Clemente is absolutely stunning. What an awesome card! >>

I would be surprised if he loses money on any of the big ones. '69 Reggie is already over $30K, and I can't imagine he paid more than than originally...same with Killer over $50K, etc.

EDit - just saw he has a PSA 10 Candy man rc...anyone know if Candy still has his collection? It was worth some good coin, right?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Can anyone get psa label personalized?

For example can an average collector have "John Smith Collection" put on the label?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>im going strong on the rose, chance of a lifetime.. >>

I remember a number of years back when Bob sold it to Dmitri's buyer (Dave)...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    The 1954 Topps Al Kaline PSA 10 card is already over $14,000.

I swear my high-end 8 centered copy looks stunning compared to the Psa 10 up for auction. How did that card get a Psa 10 grade with the overall l/r centering, slight chipping to the green border on the back, and THREE color blemishes on the red backround?

This is a prime example of buying the holder NOT the card.

If I submitted it to Psa I would realistically expect a Psa 7/8 grade. This card is brutal to find perfectly centered.

• Options

<< <i>The 1954 Topps Al Kaline PSA 10 card is already over $14,000.

I swear my high-end 8 centered copy looks stunning compared to the Psa 10 up for auction. How did that card get a Psa 10 grade with the overall centering and THREE color blemishes on the red backround?

This is a prime example of buying the holder NOT the card. >>

• Options
    in my opinion, the right edge is even more rough cut than the Aaron RC, and this card has much worse centering.

The centering alone makes it a weak 10 since PSA says they don't discount rough cuts (though many here would argue they do).

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone get psa label personalized?

For example can an average collector have "John Smith Collection" put on the label? >>

Yes, it is a service they started a couple years ago.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    The 1954 Aaron rookie has the centering I would expect with a 1954 Topps Psa 10 card. I don't have an issue with the rough cut on the right side.

The card is a blazer!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I had no idea that there were so many rookies in the 1965 set
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>how much for the pop 2 Yount and pop 8 Brett? Same price (Brett much more popular, but Yount a pop 2) are these $30K cards?

Yount 12/18/11 Memory Lane Auction | Image 25 $24,923.90

Yount Mini 12/18/11 Memory Lane Auction | Image 13 $3,607.55 >>

Sell your POP 1's before they become POP 2's. Just ridiculous what people pay for them.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be alot of people buying the flips and not the cards in this auction. Atleast for the modern issues.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Not sure if it has been discussed, but how many of these do you guys think Spence will go after?
  • Options

<< <i>The 1954 Aaron rookie has the centering I would expect with a 1954 Topps Psa 10 card. I don't have an issue with the rough cut on the right side.

The card is a blazer! >>

You don't have a problem with this on a PSA 10???

• Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's the Yastrzemski that I would love to have.
  • Options
    Wow, check out the prices on the Reggie and Rose RCs. 79K and 90K (w/o juice). Somebody wants those two cards BAD!

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    There's a ton of cheap modern RC's from his collection that are affordable for pretty much everyone, if you can't buy the Clemente a modern HOF RC tagged from the same collection for $25 would be a cool pick up.