Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B new additions...Magazine and Order Form Photos...dpeck100 new addi

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy with the way that the article came out.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Great article guys.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    jtala18jtala18 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Dpeck!!!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the scans of the article.

• Options
    I just got these back today. My auto guy Erik had it lined up to send the cards to New Zealand to get Butch Miller to sign. Luke works the convention circuit so his auto is easy but getting a dual signed is really tough. Erik has an insane signed wrestling card collection and if he says it's tough. It's tough. He only has a few more 85's he needs.

I plan to get this one signed by Luke at some point

• Options

• Options
    I just picked all of these up. Very nice condition. I really like the Hogan and Mr. T sticker.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    That's what I am talking about. Those are really cool! What year are they from?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    A Cindi Lauper sighting!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SumoMenkoMan

That's what I am talking about. Those are really cool! What year are they from?

Thanks dude.

I am thinking 1985 but there unfortunately isn't a date on them and I can't find a checklist online so it is doubtful they can be graded.

• Options

Testing this out.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2016 4:35PM

IMG Test

[IMG]http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/dpeck100/5hulk385_zps4wod6pnm.jpg[/IMG]

photo 5hulk385_zps4wod6pnm.jpg

If using Photobucket copy the HTML code.

• Options

I finally tracked one of these down. This is the 1987 NWA Wonderama Test Issue. A collector from South Florida finally came across some of the packs. They look just like the 1988 he said and then he opened them and found the brown back cards. Pretty awesome find on his part. The best part is at first he didn't realize what he had stumbled on and is now aware he hit the jackpot.

• Options

We are getting some painting done tomorrow so I had to take my cases off the wall. I have wanted to see a scan of the Savage for quite some time with the V-600. I scanned a few other cards from the case too.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh Wendy Richter!! I fell in love with wrestling during the Wrestlemania 1/ Saturday Night Main Event era. I stopped watching in the early 90s then started again during the Monday Night Wars. I just haven't gotten back to it since. Love the Andre cards. Andre stories are the best ever!

Kevin

• Options

Here are some fresh additions.

• Options

It is the article that was run in the Comic Con SMR a few months ago. Kevin did a great job and it was exciting to see the set represented and some of the collectors referenced. Nice to see them highlight it again.

• Options

Just got these back in the mail today. He missed a show a few months ago and people were concerned he was dead. Obviously not now that they are signed.

Man I was scared of Bundy in 1986!!!

• Options

My wife doesn't want Halloween to end!

• Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112200541071?lgeo=0&rmvSB=true

This is super cool. A set with the original mailing envelope from Pro Wrestling Enterprises and the order form. Cards have obvious corner problems but still very cool.

• Options

It seems the cards would have been printed in 1981 then?

• Options

The adds are first run in January 1982 for the Series A set and it may be true like many magazines they come out prior to the month listed. If so then yes they would have been printed in late 1981 for distribution in 1982. I am not certain that this can ever be figured out without knowing when the January The Wrestling News hit newsstands. The post mark is January 21st so if the magazine hit newsstands the first week of January they could have been printing the cards and this was one of the first orders filled.

• Options

That is a pretty cool auction. I love not only cards, but all the marketing items and "accessories" associated with the sets. This falls right in that category and will make a great addition to someone's collection.

• Options

Nice to see who ever runs the PSA Twitter account do four tweets last night about the Wrestling All Stars. I was watching a movie on the couch with my wife and saw the first one and thought it was great. They kept coming which was even better.

• Options
    edited December 12, 2016 7:12PM

I picked up a nice raw set and really like the centering on this Flair.

My only raw Hogan.

Terry Funk a super tough dude. This one is nice.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2017 3:17PM

I picked up a few sets this week off EBAY hoping the 1982 A set was as nice as it looked. It looked strong in the scans and I did get some nice cards. Here are the better ones.

photo wahoo122150_zpswkoxufne.jpg

photo rich122144_zpsqqj8vsvm.jpg

photo putski122154_zpskyfnvd3x.jpg

photo paterson122147_zpsza1xfvbi.jpg

photo murdoch122152_zpsnkwqlqyy.jpg

photo lawler122153_zpsx9hqef9c.jpg

photo koloff122149_zpsrw1zn1op.jpg

photo hogan122_zpspvxyiwzx.jpg

photo flair122145_zpslh0lxgn1.jpg

photo Dusty122142_zpsecwih5sy.jpg

photo andre122155_zpssazjbvyd.jpg

photo chrusher122151_zpskf3fhiul.jpg

photo bruno122143_zpsij3krgyq.jpg

photo brody122148_zpsebiplv4s.jpg

photo atlas122146_zpsdehtbblb.jpg

• Options
    edited January 26, 2017 4:13AM

I had a chance to buy tickets to Wrestlemania in advance a few months ago through a friend of my parents who works for WWE. I decided it was worth it to me to buy the floor seats and dropped off my official check to her made payable directly to WWE. I knew they would be in the floor sections but no clue where. She said her friend in ticketing in Conneticut was going to take care of me. The order form said I would have them by the end of January and my wife text me today with a pic of the Fed Ex envelope around 4. I couldn't wait to get home and open it. So excited the seats are right in front of the ring and 12 rows back. It's going to be a lot of fun that week and I am also volunteering to work for my friend Greg with my twin brother Bill at his booth at the wrestling convention Wrestle Con.

• Options

Our little Ginger Rogers has a very serious form of cancer. I took the day off waiting for the results and we got the dreaded news. We have had her since she was a pup. We love her to death and I am just so devastated. I haven't cried like this in years. We have an appointment Monday with a surgeon but it sounds very bleak. I knew I would lose my little one at some point but just can't believe it.

• Options

There are no treatment options for our little baby. She has an extremely rare intestinal cancer and her days are numbered. I was afraid of this news. Dogs are so wonderful and she has brought my wife and I so much joy. It breaks my heart to know she won't be with us long. We are going to do our best to make sure she is comfortable and take it one day at a time.

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear the awful news. Such a shame.

• Options

Thank you very much. This is a very tough time for my wife Michelle and I and we are just going to take it one day at a time. We don't have kids and Ginger Rogers has been such an important part of our relationship. She is almost 13 and has been through so much with us. Thankfully there are no signs of trauma to her stomach and we plan to work closely with our primary vet to make sure she doesn't suffer. I dread the day we have to put her down. I had given myself false hope that they could perform surgery to extend her life but it isn't an option. They were shocked she is still alive and her vitals are almost perfect. We are going to do our best to stay positive and try and make the final days of her life enjoyable.

• Options

His shoot interviews are so good. RIP

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

David, so sorry to hear this horrible, sad news and I hope she doesn't suffer. Such a cute dog! Be strong my friend. :)

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

RIP

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

@mikelowell25 said:
    David, so sorry to hear this horrible, sad news and I hope she doesn't suffer. Such a cute dog! Be strong my friend. :)

Thank you Mike. She is hanging in there at the moment and my wife is like a full time doggie nurse. We took her to acupuncture and are giving her hemp oil and other holistic medicines. She still has plenty of energy and we just have to hope the tumor doesn't continue to grow and block her small intestine completely or mataztisize and spread the cancer throughout her body. Here is a pic from yesterday. We took her to Lake Eola.

• Options

I have narrowed down my sub. It takes awhile as each round of reviews I always kick a few more out. There are some very nice Wrestling All Stars in this batch and cards from 20 different sets.

• Options

Excited to see the results! A good variety there.

• Options

You need some Yamakatsu cards in there.

• Options

I only have three of the cards so far. An Andre 8, and 8.5 of the action shot and The Sheik from the 1976 in a PSA 8.

I keep checking your listings and need you to uncover some nicer 1976 examples for me! Briscoe and Harley Race in particular.

• Options

I have some more 1976s coming in after a few weeks. I can't remember which ones, but I now have completed the base 1976 set which was a big goal for me.

• Options

That's awesome! Cards from that set seem very hard to find. Nice work.

• Options

Thanks! If I had to guess about 10-20x as hard to find as the 1974 set.

• Options

That is very interesting. No wonder I see them so rarely show up on EBAY.

• Options
    edited February 22, 2017 7:01PM

I got my cards packed up last night and will be sending them out tomorrow AM overnight to PSA. After learning that the insurance is worthless I chose the overnight route vs. insured with two to three days a few subs ago. Here is how I pack my cards and ship them.

• Options

Good luck on the sub!

• Options

I tracked down Kamala on Facebook and sent him a direct message asking if he did mail orders and he wrote me back. He charges $20 an auto he said so I sent him the funds to get these two signed and I am shipping them out today. This is only the second through the mail auto I have done so we shall see how it goes. Hopefully they turn out good. I included a sharpie so as long as he uses the cardboard I sent them in and ships them back I should be good.

• Options

I have been wondering when this card would hit EBAY. This one is going to be a shootout. Needless to say I wasn't too excited when this became a Pop 3 just a few months after the second copy hit that I bought on the private market. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371887729095?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that much PD typical/acceptable for 10s of this set?