Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B new additions...Magazine and Order Form Photos...dpeck100 new addi

Comments

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Great pick-up. My offer was turned down.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great pick-up. My offer was turned down. >>

I was lucky this became a Pop 2 in the past few months.

We reached a deal direct where I sent him a check and the Market Scene PSA 9 The Hart Foundation card.

Good person to deal with.
  • Options
    This was one of the cards that when I first opened the package to view the sets I had just purchased in 2009 that made me fall in love with this set.

Wahoo was a big deal in wrestling in Florida when I was very young. There are some legendary stories about this man.

I already have two PSA 9's but this was a nice upgrade to improve my #3 and #4 sets. Very pleased with this card.

• Options
    Harley Race

This is a really cool service that PSA is offering. I just got this email a few minutes ago.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Harley Race

This is a really cool service that PSA is offering. I just got this email a few minutes ago. >>

I bet your heart skipped a beat to see this listed on ebay tonight. When I got the email stating this was going to be auctioned I knew there would be some great action on it.....will be a fun one to watch over the next week.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Harley Race

This is a really cool service that PSA is offering. I just got this email a few minutes ago. >>

I bet your heart skipped a beat to see this listed on ebay tonight. When I got the email stating this was going to be auctioned I knew there would be some great action on it.....will be a fun one to watch over the next week. >>

It is one of two cards that I need for the set. Harley Race is very popular too as an eight time NWA Heavyweight Champion.

• Options
    Some strong bids coming in on a few of the Wrestling All Stars that are listed.

For reference I paid $400 a few years ago for the first Ted Dibiase and $550 cash and the Market Scene PSA 9 Hart Foundation for the Backlund a few weeks ago.

It continues to get tougher to win the key cards.

• Options
    a few of the cards being over $800 right now so yeah, I would think the prices are strong on these......
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I am really pleased with this card.

• Options
    I am still always looking for magazines or programs that have photos I need for my site.

This is the first time I have ever seen the Jake Roberts picture used. I generally never pay this much for a magazine or program but I have no choice in this case.

Jake Roberts photo
  • Options
    David, great looking card there. Looks pin-point sharp. I assume that's an upgrade?
  • Options

<< <i>David, great looking card there. Looks pin-point sharp. I assume that's an upgrade? >>

If you are talking about the Steamboat I have another PSA 9 and it is a Pop 4. This example has less smudge but has a tiny surface dot that keeps it from a 10.

From a distance this one is superior but under closer examination I am not sure either are superior because each has a defect.

Either way it is an amazing card and I have never subbed one in a PSA 9 and sent in countless copies and cracked high grade BGS examples with no luck.

• Options
    I just got this magazine today and it features the photo used for the Bobo Brazil card.

When I flipped it over I see Jose Gonzales the man who murdered Bruiser Brody.

Many believe that Gonzales never got over the beatings that Brody gave him in 1976 in the WWWF. I thought it was interesting to see Brody featured in the magazine.

• Options
    I could never understand how the WWE could put Carlos Colon in their HOF knowing he pretty much helped cover up Brodys murder.
  • Options

<< <i>I could never understand how the WWE could put Carlos Colon in their HOF knowing he pretty much helped cover up Brodys murder. >>

I agree. The whole situation surrounding Brody's murder is just crazy.
  • Options
    I also got a program from 1985 in the mail yesterday from the Mid South territory.

Here is the photo used for the Jake The Snake Roberts card and the reason I purchased it.

I was thrilled when I opened up the program and found an advertisement for the cards featuring the Kerry Von Erich card. This is the first order form I have ever found with his card shown.

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    There is a fantastic, if not widely published, biography of Bruiser Brody that was released not long ago. As I recall, it was written by his widowed wife. I avoid more recent vintage, WWE-approved biographical releases, but if you want a compelling read on a complex person, try this one.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>There is a fantastic, if not widely published, biography of Bruiser Brody that was released not long ago. As I recall, it was written by his widowed wife. I avoid more recent vintage, WWE-approved biographical releases, but if you want a compelling read on a complex person, try this one. >>

I am not much of a book reader but I did indeed buy that book and subsequently another one on his life.

My preference was the second one as it was based on quotes and stories from other wrestlers and seemed much more realistic.

This era of wrestling produced some incredibly unique individuals.

• Options
    I had two in my fifteen card renewal submission that didn't grade so I am sending in these two.

I am really intrigued by this card. The Sheik is arguably the greatest heel in wrestling of all time.

I was partying one night when I was in my early 20's and someone said they had a sealed set. We drove to his house and I bought the factory set that night. I had this one in a lucite display holder with a penny sleeve for years.

My friend Erik is a huge autograph collector of all genres and helps promote the wrestling signings. I just got these back in the mail today. It works out great since I have the cards and he is going to the shows. My stack is getting pretty big. It is nice to add another dimension to my collection.

This is a great shot of The Brain.

This came out great.

This is the 1987 Wonderama Test Issue header card.

This guy has a few crazy claims to fame other then being Randy Savage's brother. Google him.

Mike Rotundo was a big deal in Florida when I was growing up. It is exciting to see his son Bray Wyatt doing so well in the WWE.

I have always thought this was a cool looking card. The original photo is of him flexing his guns and they are insane.

I can remember to this day walking into the Video store in 1986 and seeing a WWF VHS tape cover with his image on the front. I couldn't believe a man looked like that. Putski was seriously jacked at this point in his career.

This was an auto card but obviously it was to late.

Both of these signatures came out great. My 1983 Wrestling All Stars didn't come out very well so I will probably try and get another signed. Erik said his daughter is running his booth with him.

• Options
    I finally got around to scanning these two cards with a black background.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing. I would love to have that Polish Power signed All Star. Great pick up.
  • Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Kevin Sullivan will be wrestling in Clayton NC in April. Anyone have a 1985 all star card of him in his satanic gimmicks?
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Great cards. That mayweather would get some action if listed around May 2
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards. I definitely like the Mayweather.
  • Options

<< <i>Kevin Sullivan will be wrestling in Clayton NC in April. Anyone have a 1985 all star card of him in his satanic gimmicks? >>

If you really want one send me a PM and I will see if I have any.

I am from Orlando and Kevin Sullivan dominated the Florida wrestling scene when I was a kid.

• Options
    I am sure you were. Alan was there too working with Erik.

WOW that is a great card. King Curtis is a legend in Florida. There is a Facebook page dedicated to Florida wrestling and he is on there all the time.

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

I just watched this today and it is really entertaining. If you have 24 minutes to kill check it out.

Edit: For some reason the link won't work but you can go to Youtube and search for Max Landis Wrestling and it will come up.

• Options
    The Funk Brothers

• Options
    Happy Birthday DPeck! I hope the new birth year brings you a few new additions to the vault! image
  • Options

<< <i>Happy Birthday DPeck! I hope the new birth year brings you a few new additions to the vault! image >>

Thanks Rob! Turn 36 today.

It is so slow right now. Nothing good raw is popping up and very little new wrestling cards are being graded.

I am always hunting so I am sure something cool will show up.

• Options
    Harley Race PSA 8

It is really nice to see some of the major stars in a PSA 8 get some respect. This Harley Race went for just under $76 with shipping.

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Should this have gotten some action?
  • Options

<< <i>Should this have gotten some action? >>

The last one went for $88.

It is a Pop 7. The distribution of PSA 10's from the 1982 B set is all over the map. There are 16 cards with no PSA 10's and 8 cards with 5 or more.

• Options

<< <i>Should this have gotten some action? >>

I thought about it but have some other stuff coming so I passed on it.
  • Options
    Things have been pretty slow on my end.

I have been working on finding a nice copy of this Rocky Maivia card. It comes in a board game and in a big cello pack. This is from 1997 and his first appearance on a singles wrestling card.

I didn't have any nice raw copies of the 1985 Wrestling All Stars card so I got this one signed.

Jushin Thunder Liger is said to be a tough auto. I like how these turned out.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Cool stuff. Never knew about that Rock card. Is it over sized or would it fit in a standard slab?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Cool stuff. Never knew about that Rock card. Is it over sized or would it fit in a standard slab? >>

I just measured it and it looks like it is just a fraction wider then a standard trading card and is shorter in length.

• Options
    I just got this card in the mail today. A really nice example of Ivan Koloff. This is a tough card and really looks great. I love seeing a super sharp copy in hand.

• Options
    I picked this up a few weeks ago and I am really glad I did. Last year when my main autograph guy was at a convention we were set to get some Harley stuff signed but he injured his hip and couldn't attend. Harley has had health problems over the years and my initial instinct when I saw it was you better snag it just in case. After seeing Dusty go out of no where it reinforces the fact that if you want signed items in your collection from the old timers get them while you can. I am really hoping Harley does another signing at one of the larger conventions that he goes to so I can get a few more cards signed.

This is a pretty solid card too. I try and get nice examples signed. Some only care about the auto but my preference is to get at least a Near Mint copy or better signed.

• Options
    It has been slim pickings of late trying to find nice raw wrestling cards. I picked up a set of the 1990 Market Scene cards recently from a seller from the UK. This is the 1990/1990 set with the variant cards in it. I really like the design of the cards and how colorful they are.

Checklist

Here are some scans of some of the better cards I got from the set.

• Options
    Market Scene Series III

The checklist is for the 1990 Series III that has the variant cards in it.

I plan on working on this set and have loaded the cards I have that match.

You will find that there are a number of different cards from the 89-90 Series III. 89-90

I have a pretty good start so far and hopefully can find some more nice raw material to grade.

• Options
    I recently found a program behind one of my drawers from 1984 that had these pics. Interesting to see the Tully Blanchard in light blue.

• Options
    Snuka

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I always heard that Vince had a lot of pull in the area at the time and got him off.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. First heard about the Snuka news in 87 or 88 I think. Now instead of helping him, Vince will erase him from WWF history. Or maybe it was Vince the Senior who had the pull in 1983.
  • Options

<< <i>Damn. First heard about the Snuka news in 87 or 88 I think. Now instead of helping him, Vince will erase him from WWF history. Or maybe it was Vince the Senior who had the pull in 1983. >>

It probably was Vince Sr. who actually had the pull. Everything I have ever read says he was a highly respected man and he was a man of his word. Vince Jr. doesn't quite have the glowing reputation.

I see that WWE realeased a statement saying their sympathies are with the family.

This incident took place in 1983 when Superfly was reaching the height of his popularity. If you watch clips from his matches from 83 he was super jacked and obviously on a ton of roids and also doing a lot of drugs so it would be easy to see some domestic violence occurring.

Apparently Snuka has stomach cancer and I wonder if convicted what kind of sentence you can hand down to a 72 year old that potentially committed a crime 32 years ago.

I checked EBAY and like clock work quite a few of his collectibles sold yesterday. When Hogan and Flair go I can't imagine the short term explosion in their memorabilia.

• Options
    Here are some Superfly pieces. The figure was cracked out of the package for display and the PSA 10 was one of the first I purchased in 2010. He was scheduled for a signing in the next month or so and if he is still going to be there I will definitely get a few more items signed.

• Options
    Reading some comments to his articles on this situation is quite brutal. People are saying that he likely murdered his dentist and that he chews on soda cans...... crazy that this is coming to light now although the rumors have been in full for many years.
  • Options
    I am so excited to add this to my collection. What an amazing piece of wrestling history. So pumped to add something so cool like this to my collection.