Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B new additions...Magazine and Order Form Photos...dpeck100 new addi

Comments

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When I type in "1982 Wrestling All Stars" it pops up #7 on Google for me on page #1. When I type in "1982 Wrestling All Stars" on Yahoo it shows up #1! When I use "1982 Wrestling All Stars Cards" it doesn't even show up on the first page in Yahoo. It shows up on page #2 on Google. >>

That is interesting. Maybe it is popping up higher on my computer as I have been searching frequently to see where it is at. It was #7 for me yesterday and I was happy about that.

Thanks for pointing out the Yahoo search. I hadn't tried that and it popped up as #1 for me too! Nice. >>

It's interesting to see that by adding "cards" in the search it totally tanks the search.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>When I type in "1982 Wrestling All Stars" it pops up #7 on Google for me on page #1. When I type in "1982 Wrestling All Stars" on Yahoo it shows up #1! When I use "1982 Wrestling All Stars Cards" it doesn't even show up on the first page in Yahoo. It shows up on page #2 on Google. >>

That is interesting. Maybe it is popping up higher on my computer as I have been searching frequently to see where it is at. It was #7 for me yesterday and I was happy about that.

Thanks for pointing out the Yahoo search. I hadn't tried that and it popped up as #1 for me too! Nice. >>

It's interesting to see that by adding "cards" in the search it totally tanks the search. >>

Yeah it drops it on mine close to the bottom of page two. That is interesting.
  • Options
    Why did Rick Martel get the #1 card in Series B? I can see Graham as the #1 in the 1983 set and Andre as #1 in Series A.
  • Options

<< <i>Why did Rick Martel get the #1 card in Series B? I can see Graham as the #1 in the 1983 set and Andre as #1 in Series A. >>

I am not certain anyone knows the answer to this. Norman Keitzer who put out the set through Pro Wrestling Enterprises was located in Minn. Martel was a hot prospect in the business and had just come to the AWA which ran a large number of their shows in St Paul, Minn.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps he was the #1 contender to the AWA title and since Nick Bockwinkle was in the first set he was put on top to attract interest from the fans.

There are two versions of the 82A set and one has The Chrusher on the back and a person who I got some information from early on from Minn. said he was on the back as he was huge in the AWA to try and help sell the packs.

I am not certain there is any rime or reason as to the order in which the wrestlers are in. If you look at the first set, Ric Flair is #27 in the set and was the NWA World Heavyweight Champion at the time.

• Options
    A collector friend went to the NWA Legends FanFest in NC this past weekend and got quite a few auto's for me. My stack is getting pretty big and I have 65 that at some point I will send in to PSA.

Unfortunately the wrestler I wanted to get a signed card from the most had to miss the show do to health issues. I am hoping that Harley Race makes a recovery and I can get to the two cards I sent signed by him.

Here are some of the better one's I got done at the show.

When I talked to Jim Cornette on the phone I mentioned I had his rookie card and it was the 1995 WWF Magazine card. He said no my first card was in the 80's and only my racket is on it. I figured out which one it was and sent him a scan and he said yep that is it. I wanted to get one signed and I think this one turned out great.

I already have one slabbed Dusty in a red flip PSA 8 and wanted to add some more. I sold my PSA 7.

It is so sad what kind of condition Bobby Heenan is in. It is just shocking to see the photos of him.

I always liked Lex Luger from when he got hot in Florida in the mid 80's but he took a major step down in my book after what happened with Miss. Elizabeth.

I already have a Magnum TA 1988 Wonderama in a PSA slab but wanted his rookie signed too.

This was the best of the three auto's I got from Paul Orndorff. Apparently he was in a hurry to get out and my friend did the best he could. He too is in rough shape after throat cancer.

Tommy Rich was big in Georgia and won the NWA Heavyweight Title for a very brief stint from Harley Race.

I have watched the match in Madison Sqaure Garden between the Superfly and Don Muraco so many times. One of my favorites.

This is the OPC version but one of the coolest shots on any wrestling card you can find. I was thrilled to find the program from this night and add it to my site.

Growing up in Florida I got to see Barry Windham on TV every week around for a few years. His dad Black Jack Mulligan and his brother Kendall were some of the top faces of Championship Wrestling from Florida. I consider this his rookie card.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are some great additions. You are acquiring some nice autos I must say!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Nice autos
    Always like the pics and knowledge
  • Options
    Here are some more recent additions.

I was excited to get this one signed. My dad used to go to the matches at the Eddie Graham Sports Stadium and sat in the first or second row every time. Mr. Wrestling II used to wrestle under the name of Johnny Walker and my dad saw his arm get broken right in front of him. He used to say "I was there the night that Buddy Colt broke the arm of Johnny Walker". He threw him into the ring post the and the arm snapped in half right in front of them.

1988 NWA Wonderama Barry Windham

It is Vader Time!!!!

Ricky Morton who was also pictured with Ken Lucas who just passed away.

I think this is a very cool card and would love to try and put one together of the Rockers are their Market Scene card.

The Soul Man Rocky Johnson

Carlos Colon from Puerto Rico

• Options
    I'll admit it
    I was a Tommy Wildfire Rich mark for a minute....
  • Options
    I am piecing together a large sub by my submitting standards and thought it would be fun to go back through all of my PSA submissions and see how many 9's and 10' I have submitted of the Wrestling All Stars.

From all three sets I have self subbed 120.

I have some sharp cards in the batch I am sending in soon and hopefully will boost this number some.

Some of the the best raw cards I have submitted myself in no particular order are:

Bruno Sammartino PSA 10

Junkyard Dog PSA 10, 2 PSA 9's

Kerry Von Erich PSA 9

Jimmy Valiant 2 PSA 10's

Terry Funk PSA 10

Adrian Adonis PSA 10

Bobby Heenan PSA 9

Pat Patterson PSA 10

Hulk Hogan PSA 8

Don Muraco 2 PSA 10's

Ken Patera PSA 10

Killer Kahn PSA 9

Iron Sheik PSA 10

Les Thornton PSA 9

• Options
    Here are some Hogan order forms!!!!

• Options
    I uploaded quite a few more pieces to my site. Here are a few.

• Options
    Some big cards hit the pop report.

Tony Garea became a Pop 2 in a PSA 9

Ricky Steamboat a Pop 3 in a PSA 9

Bobby Heenan a Pop 2 in a PSA 9

At first I was excited when I saw the Garea but then I kept scrolling down and saw the other two. It will be interesting to see if these make it to EBAY and if so how they are priced.

• Options
    Those are some big additions for series B.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Those are some big additions for series B. >>

Yep. Really big.

• Options
    Do you think these are new subs or crack outs and resubs? How many more raw PSA 9+ potential cards are still out there I wonder...
  • Options

<< <i>Do you think these are new subs or crack outs and resubs? How many more raw PSA 9+ potential cards are still out there I wonder... >>

It is hard to tell. I don't track the PSA 8's on these very closely so I am not really sure.

There are definitely more nice cards out there. I just sent in a batch of 81 and there has to be some 9's in there. I think the real issue is certain cards. Some are just impossible to find in great condition. I have a Greg Gagne at home that is an 8 that happens to have awesome centering. Guess what the purple cards show any wear and there is a little white on a corner. That card in most cases has terrible centering.

My best Fabulous Moolah was meant to be a Gem Mint card. Perfect centering, no surface or printing issues, and razor sharp corners but has a white nick about an inch down on the left border. There are still no PSA 9's of that card.

The Ray Stevens card for some reason is impossible to find centered. I have never seen one with better then 70/30 centering.

Anyone who follows the sets knows about the Rick Martel. So far there is one PSA 8 and one PSA 9.

I have been collecting the set now religiously for five years and the population totals have gone from just over 30 cards graded to 4,191. We have reached a point where the number of cards graded is slowing substantially so I would think in another few years we will be at a point where it gets really tough to advance the sets at all.

• Options
    I sent off a large batch last week and they are now logged in.

81 Wrestling All Stars from the three sets with the most coming from Series B.

Now the waiting game begins.

• Options
    I just got this magazine is the mail today. It is from 1977 and features the photo used for the Chief Jay Strongbow card.

The Strongbow card is super tough and is a Pop 1 in a PSA 9.

On a side note his partner is Dwayne Johnson's grandfather Peter Maivia.

• Options
    Awesome stuff as usual Dpeck.
    I really enjoyed reading those magazine blurbs up in the thread some. Being from North Carolina I didn't know anything about the AWA so these ads are good reading to figure out what was going on in that promotion during that time.
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome stuff as usual Dpeck.
    I really enjoyed reading those magazine blurbs up in the thread some. Being from North Carolina I didn't know anything about the AWA so these ads are good reading to figure out what was going on in that promotion during that time. >>

I love getting these old magazines and reading the commentary. Norman Keitzer treats wrestling like a sport and argues in this one that it should be ranked the number 1 sport and was somehow left off the list of the top 14 sports. It had higher attendance then any other sporting attraction and the athletes have to work year round.

There is not even the slightest mention of it being predetermined. I love it. That is one of the biggest hurdles that wrestling has today is now with the Internet it is nearly impossible to get a hot angle going.

Just imagine when the Four Horsemen broke Dusty's ankle if you read the next day some report from a fan that said they saw Dusty getting coffee with Ric Flair in another city.

Many of the old time promoters knew this would be a massive challenge for the business.

• Options
    Two fresh PSA 10's hit the pop report.

Iron Sheik and a tough one Jerry Blackwell. That is now a Pop 2.

I have three of those at PSA now and one looks super strong.

• Options
    82 Uncut Sheet

WOW this is so cool. I just checked my sequencing numbers and there is no correlation based on where they are at on the sheet.

This image does help explain why several of the cards come with a different color on the right hand border.

• Options
    damn. $10K?
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    That is an incredible item. If the PowerBall would smile upon me...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    This would be a sheet cutters dream come true. I don't see anyway possible for a TPG to know if these cards were cut from a sheet.

When I spoke on the phone months ago with the dealer who is pumping out 10's like crazy he said in his view the only way to get a Hogan PSA 10 would be to find an uncut sheet.

I saw a Hogan recently that has a solid shot at one and looks to be a lock for a PSA 9 for sure.

This is only specualtion but I would think that the reason there are 36 cards in the set is that you could fit that many on this size printing sheet and they went with it.

It is not longer there but on Wrestlingtradingcards.com they used to reference that an uncut sheet of both 82A and B existed.

• Options
    He has 1982 A as well. He told me about the sheets that he owns years ago.
  • Options
    now I'd even go $10k on the A. I don't even really collect the all-stars.

probably because it's a race I could never even win...

yes, that's a nod guys!
  • Options

<< <i>now I'd even go $10k on the A. I don't even really collect the all-stars.

probably because it's a race I could never even win...

yes, that's a nod guys! >>

I think a fair estimate on this item is $2,500 to $3,500. The current asking price seems like this is more of a listing to show the item.

The 82A on the other hand I do think could bring huge money. It is said there is only one known sheet and if so obviously it is a very unique item.

• Options
    I have to thank Rob (Wrestlingcardking).

He took the initiative to get the Wrestling All Stars Mega Set created. It is really cool to get to see the Wrestling All Stars as one set.

There is a glitch in the system if you look at the Pop report with the 1983 Wresting All Stars Hacksaw Duggan. Once that cert is fixed the set will be 100% complete.

Here is my set.

dpeck100
  • Options
    I also got my 258 card 1954-55 Parkhurst Wrestling mega-set posted today and I have 253 of them in my collection. I am only five away. Great to have two mega wrestling sets posted today.
  • Options

<< <i>I also got my 258 card 1954-55 Parkhurst Wrestling mega-set posted today and I have 253 of them in my collection. I am only five away. Great to have two mega wrestling sets posted today. >>

WOW that is a lot of cards and they are so tough.

That will be awesome when it is complete.

• Options
    The Mega Set is now fixed thanks to the PSA Set Registry staff.

It is very interesting to see what my set looks like with weightings. All three of the individual Wrestling All Stars sets have earch card weighted equally.

• Options
    I just got back a large batch of auto's from the big show in New Jersey this past weekend.

Here are a few of my favorites.

If you don't know who Haku is just Google him.

I like dual signed cards and the Killer Bees were big when I was a kid.

If you could ever find one of these signed by all three that would be something. Michael P.S Hayes was pretty awesome.

• Options
    All of this fast poppage has got me checking my account three times a day!

• Options
    I just woke up from a nap and said let me check my sub and there they were.

Got absolutely smoked. Really at a loss for words. Bummer.

Order #20847093 / Submission #1991364

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 23381931 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 2 Tony Garea Card
    2 1 23381932 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 5 Jim Brunzell Card
    3 1 23381933 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 6 Jay Strongbow Card
    3 2 23381934 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 6 Jay Strongbow Card
    4 1 23381935 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 8 S.D. Jones Card
    5 1 23381936 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 9 Brad Rheingans Card
    6 1 23381937 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 10 Killer Khan Card
    6 2 23381938 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 10 Killer Khan Card
    7 1 23381939 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 11 Ricky Steamboat Card
    7 2 23381940 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 11 Ricky Steamboat Card
    8 1 23381941 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 12 Paul Orndorff Card
    8 2 23381942 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 12 Paul Orndorff Card
    8 3 23381943 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 12 Paul Orndorff Card
    9 1 23381944 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 13 Tito Santana Card
    9 2 23381945 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 13 Tito Santana Card
    10 1 23381946 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 14 Sergeant Slaughter Card
    10 2 23381947 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 14 Sergeant Slaughter Card
    10 3 23381948 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 14 Sergeant Slaughter Card
    11 1 23381949 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 15 Verne Gagne Card
    12 1 23381950 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 17 Jerry Blackwell Card
    12 2 23381951 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 17 Jerry Blackwell Card
    12 3 23381952 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 17 Jerry Blackwell Card
    13 1 23381953 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 18 Les Thornton Card
    14 1 23381954 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 19 Adrian Adonis Card
    14 2 23381955 MINT 9 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 19 Adrian Adonis Card
    15 1 23381956 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 20 Jesse Ventura Card
    15 2 23381957 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 20 Jesse Ventura Card
    16 1 23381958 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 21 Buck Zum Hofe Card
    17 1 23381959 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 22 Jimmy Valiant Card
    18 1 23381960 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 23 Steve Keirn Card
    19 1 23381961 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 24 Ray Stevens Card
    20 1 23381962 MINT 9 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 25 the Iron Sheik Card
    21 1 23381963 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 26 Mr. Wrestling II Card
    22 1 23381964 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 27 Col. Buck Robley Card
    23 1 23381965 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 28 Bobby Duncum Card
    23 2 23381966 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 28 Bobby Duncum Card
    24 1 23381967 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 29 Mike George Card
    25 1 23381968 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 30 Dino Bravo Card
    25 2 23381969 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 30 Dino Bravo Card
    26 1 23381970 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 32 Bobo Brazil Card
    27 1 23381971 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 34 Joyce Grable Card
    28 1 23381972 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars-Series B 36 Dutch Mantell Card
    29 1 23381973 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 2 Tiger Mask Card
    30 1 23381974 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 3 Sheik El Kaissey Card
    31 1 23381975 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 4 Sgt. Jacque Goulet Card
    31 2 23381976 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 4 Sgt. Jacque Goulet Card
    32 1 23381977 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 5 Curt Hennig Card
    32 2 23381978 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 5 Curt Hennig Card
    32 3 23381979 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 5 Curt Hennig Card
    33 1 23381980 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 6 Tully Blanchard Card
    33 2 23381981 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 6 Tully Blanchard Card
    33 3 23381982 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 6 Tully Blanchard Card
    34 1 23381983 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 7 Jimmy Snuka Card
    35 1 23381984 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 9 Lou Thesz Card
    35 2 23381985 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 9 Lou Thesz Card
    35 3 23381986 MINT 9 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 9 Lou Thesz Card
    35 4 23381987 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 9 Lou Thesz Card
    36 1 23381988 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 10 "Hacksaw" Duggan Card
    36 2 23381989 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 10 "Hacksaw" Duggan Card
    37 1 23381990 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 11 Mr. Olympia Card
    37 2 23381991 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 11 Mr. Olympia Card
    37 3 23381992 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 11 Mr. Olympia Card
    38 1 23381993 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 12 "Iron" Mike Sharpe Card
    38 2 23381994 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 12 "Iron" Mike Sharpe Card
    38 3 23381995 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 12 "Iron" Mike Sharpe Card
    39 1 23381996 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 22 "Big" John Studd Card
    39 2 23381997 NEAR MINT 7 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 22 "Big" John Studd Card
    40 1 23381998 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 23 Buddy Rose Card
    41 1 23381999 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 24 Rocky Johnson Card
    42 1 23382000 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 26 the Super Destroyer Card
    43 1 23382001 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 31 Fred Blassie Card
    44 1 23382002 MINT 9 1983 Wrestling All-Stars 33 the Grand Wizard Card
    45 1 23382003 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 10 Terry Funk Card
    46 1 23382004 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 11 Nick Bockwinkel Card
    47 1 23382005 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 12 Bob Backlund Card
    47 2 23382006 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 12 Bob Backlund Card
    48 1 23382007 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 14 Pedro Morales Card
    49 1 23382008 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 21 the Fabulous Moolah Card
    50 1 23382009 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 22 Wahoo McDaniel Card
    51 1 23382010 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 33 Dick the Bruiser Card
    51 2 23382011 NEAR MINT 7 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 33 Dick the Bruiser Card
    52 1 23382012 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 18 Gorilla Monsoon Card
    53 1 23382013 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 9 Mr. Fuji Card
    54 1 23382014 MINT 9 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 17 Gene Okerland Card
    55 1 23382015 NEAR MINT 7 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 17 Gene Okerland Card
    56 1 23382016 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 10 "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Card
    57 1 23382017 NEAR MINT 7 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 7 the Powers of Pain Card
    58 1 23382018 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 7 the Powers of Pain Card
    59 1 23382019 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989-1990 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 3 8 the Hart Foundation Card
    60 1 23382020 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 Topps WWF 1 Bret "Hit Man" Hart Wrestling Card
    60 2 23382021 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1987 Topps WWF 1 Bret "Hit Man" Hart Wrestling Card
    61 1 23382022 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 O-Pee-Chee WWF Wrestling 21 Ricky Steamboat Card
    62 1 23382023 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1987 O-Pee-Chee WWF Wrestling 7 Randy & Elizabeth Card
    63 1 23382024 EXCELLENT 5 1987 O-Pee-Chee WWF Wrestling 2 Andre the Giant Card
    63 2 23382025 MINT 9 1987 O-Pee-Chee WWF Wrestling 2 Andre the Giant Card
    64 1 23382026 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1991 Impel WCW Wrestling 2 Sting Card
    65 1 23382027 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1992 Topps WCW 47 Sting Card
    65 2 23382028 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1992 Topps WCW 47 Sting Card
    66 1 23382029 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1992 Topps WCW 57 Sting Card
    66 2 23382030 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1992 Topps WCW 57 Sting Card
    67 1 23382031 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 7 John Cena Card
    67 2 23382032 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 7 John Cena Card
    67 3 23382033 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 7 John Cena Card
    67 4 23382034 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 7 John Cena Card
    68 1 23382035 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 14 Randy Orton Card
    68 2 23382036 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 14 Randy Orton Card
    68 3 23382037 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 14 Randy Orton Card
    68 4 23382038 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 14 Randy Orton Card
    69 1 23382039 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card
    69 2 23382040 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card
    69 3 23382041 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card
    69 4 23382042 GEM MINT 10 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card
    70 1 23382043 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 4 Brock Lesnar Card
    71 1 23382044 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 67 Deacon Batista Card
    71 2 23382045 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 67 Deacon Batista Card
    71 3 23382046 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 67 Deacon Batista Card
    71 4 23382047 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 67 Deacon Batista Card
    72 1 23382048 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble Factions F2 the Corporation Card
    73 1 23382049 MINT 9 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble Recap RRR2 Kane vs. Undertaker Card
    74 1 23382050 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2004 Leaf R & S 155 Brock Lesnar Card
    75 1 23382051 MINT 9 2004 Leaf R & S 155 Brock Lesnar Longevity Parallel Card
    76 1 23382052 MINT 9 2004 Leaf R & S Longevity 155 Brock Lesnar Card
    77 1 23382053 MINT 9 2004 Leaf R & S Longevity 155 Brock Lesnar Ruby Card
    78 1 23382054 MINT 9 2004 Leaf R & S Longevity 155 Brock Lesnar Sapphire Card
    79 1 23382055 MINT 9 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Card
    79 2 23382056 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Card
    80 1 23382057 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2004 Upper Deck Sweet Spot 203 Brock Lesnar Silver Card
    81 1 23382058 GEM MINT 10 1995 Bbm Pro Wrestling 27 Hawk Warrior Card
    82 1 N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge Card
    83 1 N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge Card
    Total Items: 130
    Date Received: 9/3/2014
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK
    Your Orders
  • Options
    You were either really hammered when you made your sub or you did get a super tough grader.....perhaps a combination of both. Sorry to see that you did not have more success. I have my orders broken up into smaller ones and this may be a good reason to do so in the future.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    happens to all of us. probably more the grader of death as I would think you'd know what to submit considering your set. although, it could be some sort of conspiracy considering that other guy getting all the 10's! ; )

agree w/ rob. I have been breaking up my subs into smaller lots and seems to be more effective. can only imagine getting handed 100 cards before your next "break". 5-10 and a breather, next stack etc.
  • Options

<< <i>I just woke up from a nap and said let me check my sub and there they were.

Got absolutely smoked. Really at a loss for words. Bummer.

>>

Wow that’s really disappointing. Submissions seem to be 50% understanding the
    grading system and 50% luck.

You would think in this day and age with such powerful Computing available there
    would be a tighter standard that could be counted on to produce repeatable results
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    This is really odd considering how well you know that 1982 set.
  • Options
    I knew a few were border line but some of these were stunners.

This will sum up how poorly I did.

The first 1987 Topps Bret Hart was a PSA 9 Mint that I cracked out that I thought had a shot at a 10. This time it came back a PSA 8.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    What were the n9s? On the bright side it looks like you did well market sene cards.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>What were the n9s? On the bright side it looks like you did well market sene cards. >>

They did pretty well which was good.

The N9's were a few Japanese Road Warriors cards. The one is really cool with an older shot of them with Precious Paul.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What were the n9s? On the bright side it looks like you did well market sene cards. >>

They did pretty well which was good.

The N9's were a few Japanese Road Warriors cards. The one is really cool with an older shot of them with Precious Paul. >>

Do you need any help with the Japanese cards? I take it PSA hasn't graded any of these before.
  • Options
    Should be simple to get those graded by talking to the right person.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Even this grader new a GEM when he saw one 69 4 23382042 GEM MINT 10 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Even this grader new a GEM when he saw one 69 4 23382042 GEM MINT 10 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card >>

It took 69 and Stacy Keibler for this grader to give a 10......LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Even this grader new a GEM when he saw one 69 4 23382042 GEM MINT 10 2002 Fleer Royal Rumble 55 Stacy Keibler Card >>

It took 69 and Stacy Keibler for this grader to give a 10......LOL >>

OMG

That is too funny.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    what was clooney thinking?
  • Options

<< <i>what was clooney thinking? >>

There is a card of her when she was Miss. Hanc++k that I want to get graded.

That was one of the best in ring entrances of all time.