Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B new additions...Magazine and Order Form Photos...dpeck100 new addi

Comments

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    ++!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    I mean, look at those things! what an idiot.
  • Options

<< <i>I mean, look at those things! what an idiot. >>

Some of the photo shoots from the WWE are just out of control. It really must be crazy to be the guy that can simply leave this behind and not blink.

• Options
    Fresh additions to my site.

• Options
    It will be interesting to see how these 'junk" sets do. Reading the comments about how wrestling cards are junk and are going to tank worse then the housing market just makes me chuckle.

There are already 23 watchers on the 82A set.

1982 A

1982 B

• Options

<< <i>It will be interesting to see how these 'junk" sets do. Reading the comments about how wrestling cards are junk and are going to tank worse then the housing market just makes me chuckle.

There are already 23 watchers on the 82A set. >>

I could use a laugh image were can i read the Junk comments
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It will be interesting to see how these 'junk" sets do. Reading the comments about how wrestling cards are junk and are going to tank worse then the housing market just makes me chuckle.

I could use a laugh image were can i read the Junk comments >>

brian26- LOL, awesome.

I've been saying for the last few years, the wrestling card market will crash harder than the housing market when the dozen or so guys who collect the junk decide to get out.

So far his prediction isn't looking to good. This was a $40 card a few years ago.

Iron Sheik

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

brian26- LOL, awesome.

I've been saying for the last few years, the wrestling card market will crash harder than the housing market when the dozen or so guys who collect the junk decide to get out.

So far his prediction isn't looking to good. This was a $40 card a few years ago.

Iron Sheik >>

Truly a interesting take on the market but don't think its going to go that way. I expect its really the other way around and we were in
    a bottom market that has just started to take hold and even though prices have risen it is still a good time to pick up some key cards
    that will be out of reach for average collectors in the near future
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

brian26- LOL, awesome.

Iron Sheik >>

Truly a interesting take on the market but don't think its going to go that way. I expect its really the other way around and we were in
    a bottom market that has just started to take hold and even though prices have risen it is still a good time to pick up some key cards
    that will be out of reach for average collectors in the near future >>

There will naturally be some of the low pop commons that will fall as populations increase. This is a common theme amongst all collected sets. That being said a lot of new money has come into wrestling cards. A lot.

Good quality cards never go cheap at this point and some have continued to move higher. A pack of Carnation Major League Wrestling cards sold last week for $613. I bought a pack nearly three years ago at auction for $17. Perhaps this increase is not sustainable but the cards are not going back to where they came from.

As I stated early on, wrestling cards have the benifit of drastically lower production totals and therefore you do not need as many interested parties to drive prices higher.

A comment was made in the Carnation thread about a new buyer who plans to take me out. I am quite aware of the sale of the low pop cards on the private market and the dealer who was involved has stated that buyer is willing to pay $25,000 for a Hogan or Andre 10. He is interested in my Andre 9 but naturally I have no interest in selling it.

Time will tell how this plays out. I personally think the market for certain cards will stay strong and I can't personally understand why someone would take satisfaction in calling them junk and hoping they fall.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I like wrestling cards due to the low population numbers. Look at a card like the 1981 Popy card of Hulk Hogan. That card was introduced earlier this year and yet there are still only two that have ever been graded. Hulk Hogan is/was as big of star as any sports figure in the 1980s and to think that there are only two of his cards from 1981 graded that came from his figure in Japan is absolutely amazing. If there are only two to chose from you only need one or two people wanting that card and it should not be hard to do. Pretty easy to understand really.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I am going to be sending this batch in very shortly for a 15 card renewal submission.

2004 Playoff Honors Brock Lesnar /100

1984 Chong Modesto Jose Canseco (I don't know if this is real or not)

1961 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain (potentially trimmed)

1987 Panini Mike Tyson (Gritti back)

1987 Wonderama Test Market Sting

1982 Cosmos Wrestling Tiger Mask

1982 Cosmos Wrestling Tiger Mask with trophy

1982 Cosmos Wrestling Antonio Inoki

1982 Cosmos Wrestling Tatsumi Fujinami

1987 Topps Hulk Hogan

1989 WWF Super Stars-Market Scene Limited Series II

1989 WWF Super Stars-Market Scene Limited Series II

• Options
    Why do you keep bumping this thread to try to shill that auction?

• Options

<< <i>Why do you keep bumping this thread to try to shill that auction? >>

Is this a joke?

• Options

<< <i>

Is this a joke? >>

I've been waiting since Friday to see if this would get bumped again, and you did it. It was buried on Page 3. Unreal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Is this a joke? >>

I've been waiting since Friday to see if this would get bumped again, and you did it. It was buried on Page 3. Unreal. >>

Clowns like you used to bit++ about new threads of wrestling cards getting created. If you have followed my thread I said many pages ago I was consolidating my posts about my cards into this thread for the most part.

I have no clue who this seller is.

• Options

<< <i>
    I have no clue who this seller is. >>

Bull.

Take your shilling somewhere else.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I have no clue who this seller is. >>

Bull.

Take your shilling somewhere else. >>

Open invitation to anyone on the boards who wants to call or email this seller.

You are crossing the line dude accusing me of this.

• Options
    You can accuse DPECK of some things but I would never, ever accuse him of shilling.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can accuse DPECK of some things but I would never, ever accuse him of shilling. >>

+1
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You can accuse DPECK of some things but I would never, ever accuse him of shilling. >>

+1 >>

+2
  • Options
    I have never sold a card through anyone other then myself. That is the bottom line.

If I wanted to bump the thread I would have just done so. I didn't need to spend 30 minutes scanning cards and uploading them to Photobucket to do so.

Admittedly I was hoping a few of the guys would see the cards I am sending in and make a few comments.

• Options
    we just don't understand what your obsession is w dpeck, brian....

(sorry. had to, as that one is still making me laugh)
  • Options
    The back and forth on here doesn't bother me one bit. You make your opinion known and others are not always going to agree.

I don't take kindly to things like this.

A moment ago I emailed the seller and if they respond will post their response.

Dear somatg3,

Hi good evening. Good luck with your wrestling sets. I have placed a few bids and I see you posted the article from the SMR.

I participate in an online forum on the Collectors Universe website and have many active threads about wrestling cards. I posted links to your three sets a few days back.

There is someone from the message board that is accusing me of being a shill for you.

Obviously that is not the case as we don't know each other.

Please respond if you have a moment. I would like to share your comments to clear up any potential thoughts of fraudulent bidding on your sets.

Best regards,

David Peck

- dpeck100

• Options
    Save yourself some time and just send me something for the Tiger Mask with the face grab. I have a spare in a ten. I am unsure if the Inoki will be any higher than an 8 as well as the Fujinami. I don't know if you really want to send in that Mr. Perfect.
  • Options

<< <i>Save yourself some time and just send me something for the Tiger Mask with the face grab. I have a spare in a ten. I am unsure if the Inoki will be any higher than an 8 as well as the Fujinami. I don't know if you really want to send in that Mr. Perfect. >>

The Fujinami card is cool looking. I am not sure if Inoki comes centered like this every time or not. So far the copies I have seen look to have the same centering.

I was really hoping to get a better copy of the Mr. Perfect but it is sharp and this looks to be the best one I have. The Haku is very strong.

• Options
    Here you go.

Dear dpeck100,

Hello David- Thanks for the message and the well wishes. Yes, feel free to post my response verbatim if you like because I am not a member of that forum. I've had these cards forever and frankly didn't even know they were worth anything. I was just sorting through a bunch of stuff I had collected as a kid and would look them up on e-bay to see what they were worth in todays market. Most of the stuff really wasn't worth much but I noticed these 1982 and 1983 wrestling cards had increased in value quite a bit to say the least. I thought my Topps Wrestling cards would be worth more image The guy that printed these lived a half hour to 45 minutes north of me. That prompted me to do a google search on them and that is where I found the PSA article with your collection. I hope you don't mind that I used that link. I had just renewed my SMR subscription and decided I would use most of my 15 submissions on these cards to give an accurate portrayal of their condition. I don't really collect anymore and could use the money for life expenses image

Best of luck if you continue to bid, I was hoping a few of them would come back as PSA 10's because they all look perfect to me. Maybe a minor top to bottom centering issue here and there but there is literally zero wear on any of the cards. I appreciate you taking the time to e-mail me, that's odd people would think you were a shill? I don't understand that but I guess to each their won, aren't most of your cards are 9's and 10's from what I've seen ? I truly think many of these could earn 9 and 10 grades.

Good luck and thanks again!

- somatg3
  • Options
    ear dpeck100,

David- One other thing, obviously I don't deal much in wrestling cards as these are the only ones I've ever offered. I did have a handful of autographed 8x10 wrestling photos that sold and did really well. Anyway, I hope that helps with the thread and people know that I'm just a guy that made a fortunate purchase when I was in 7th grade image

Best,
    Steve

- somatg3
  • Options
    Some fresh content added to my site.

The Chrusher, Mr. Wrestling II, Les Thornton, and Candi Devine. Also the advertisement for the 1984 calendar. You can see the pic used for Magnum TA's calendar shot too.

• Options
    82B Sheet

I have no knowledge of uncut sheets of cards. As you can see from the pictures the cards on the left have very tough centering.

Perhaps the worst centered card in the set is Ray Stevens followed by Les Thornton.

Is the dividing line down the middle of the sheet what is causing the cards on the left side to be so off centered?

You will also see the cards on the inside of the same side down to Jimmy Valiant have terrible centering generally too and many come with the light purple, white and then yellow right hand border.

The Chief Jay Strongbow and Paul Orndorff generally have centering issues too.

Interesting to see them in uncut form.

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    I'm watching this one.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Happy Halloween guys.

• Options
    I like the way this one turned out. The magazine cards are much better for autos then the 1992 Topps WCW.

This is the 1987 Wonderama Test Issue.

Apparently Ron loved this card. He was thrilled to see a card with him stretching Steve Austin and my friend Eric promised to find him one. This was the first time he had seen the card.

• Options
    I just checked my account and my 15 card renewal submission was logged the first day PSA got it.

Very pleased to see this.

A friend who has been helping me with the wrestling autographs needed a card graded so I rotated out the 1987 WWF Topps Hulk Hogan for his 2010 Bowman Mike Trout Blue Refractor. His card looked strong so hopefully it grades well.

I am really hoping the Wilt makes it into a slab even if it is trimmed. I wrote it on the submission form in several places so lets hope that works.

• Options
    Order #20872591 / Submission #1018100

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 23652891 GEM MINT 10 2004 Playoff Honors 173 Brock Lesnar O'S Card
    2 1 23652892 VERY GOOD 3 1987 Panini Supersport Italian 160 Italian Tyson-160, Gritti-114 Card
    3 1 N9: NOT GRADED 1984 Chong Modesto A's 5 Jose Canseco Card
    4 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1961 Fleer 8 Wilt Chamberlain Card
    5 1 23652895 NEAR MINT 7 1987 Wonderama Nwa Wrestling Supercards-Test Market Run 17 Sting Card
    6 1 23652896 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Tiger Mask Face Grab Card
    6 2 23652897 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Tiger Mask Face Grab Card
    7 1 23652898 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Tiger Mask Card
    7 2 23652899 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Tiger Mask Card
    8 1 23652900 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Antonio Inoki Card
    8 2 23652901 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 Cosmos Antonio Inoki Card
    9 1 23652902 MINT 9 1982 Cosmos Tatsumi Fujinami Card
    10 1 23652903 MINT 9 2010 Bowman Platinum Prospects PP5 Mike Trout Blue Refractor Card
    11 1 23652904 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 2 11 Mr. Perfect Card
    12 1 23652905 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 WWF Super Stars of Wrestling-Series 2 4 Haku Card
    Total Items: 15
    Date Received: 11/18/2014
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Cosmos poppage! Congrats.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice Cosmos poppage! Congrats. >>

Thanks! I was really pleased the Inoki graded a 9. I wasn't sure how they would treat the centering. Once I have these back I will have the whole set in mint or better which is pretty cool.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. I think I have another early 1980s uncatalogued vending set coming from Japan. The picture is poor so I can't tell who is in the set.
  • Options
    Some monsters hit today.

Bob Roop 10, Greg Gagne 9, Bobby Heenan 9, Tony Garea 9, Kerry Von Erich 9, two Dino Bravo 9's, Jimmy Valiant 10 and many other very solid cards.

• Options

<< <i>Some monsters hit today.

Bob Roop 10, Greg Gagne 9, Bobby Heenan 9, Tony Garea 9, Kerry Von Erich 9, two Dino Bravo 9's, Jimmy Valiant 10 and many other very solid cards. >>

Those are some really huge cards and something you just don't see with the all stars now days in the 1982 sets. How many were added to the pop report?
  • Options
    Not sure but an overnight start to a very strong registry set. An amazing sub.
  • Options
    1982 WAS

I changed the main pic and think it looks much better.
  • Options
    These customs are really cool. I would love to get these signed.

• Options
    This is pretty cool.

It was brought to my attention that the Iron Sheik posted a copy of a PSA 10 Gem Mint of his 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B card on his Instagram page.

His user name is @therealironsheik His comment is great. I am the real Ruth Baby card. Haha.

A few months back my wife set up a page for me and I barely have used it and my user name is @1982wrestlingallstars

I may load some more pics at some point.

Thanks again to the person who pointed it out to me.
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is pretty cool.

It was brought to my attention that the Iron Sheik posted a copy of a PSA 10 Gem Mint of his 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B card on his Instagram page.

His user name is @therealironsheik His comment is great. I am the real Ruth Baby card. Haha.

A few months back my wife set up a page for me and I barely have used it and my user name is @1982wrestlingallstars

Thanks again to the person who pointed it out to me. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is pretty cool.

Thanks again to the person who pointed it out to me. >>

image >>

Thank you for posting it to the person who brought it to my attention! image
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    The Iron Sheik is a near constant source of stream-of-consciousness venom and brilliance.

For those who are unfamiliar with his actual biography, which includes being a bodyguard for the Shah of Iran, a wrestling coach for the US Olympic Wrestling Team, and a Greco Roman Wrestling champion, before moving on to the world of pro wrestling, I have posted some of his Wikipedia page below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Sheik
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>The Iron Sheik is a near constant source of stream-of-consciousness venom and brilliance.

For those who are unfamiliar with his actual biography, which includes being a bodyguard for the Shah of Iran, a wrestling coach for the US Olympic Wrestling Team, and a Greco Roman Wrestling champion, before moving on to the world of pro wrestling, I have posted some of his Wikipedia page below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Sheik >>

He is unreal on the twitter as well. If you haven't seen his twitter feed, travel at your own risk. The Real. The Legend.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iron Sheik is one of the reasons I'm on twitter image. He's virtually the same on Facebook.
  • Options
    This is my first upgrade for my 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A since December 2013.

What a tremendous looking example.