Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow

Comments

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>WOW! Just got done watching this, it's Tebow mic'ed up during the Bears game last week. It's easy to see why his teammates pull so hard for him. Look at how he handles D. Thomas missing a sure touchdown pass. What a great leader, so inspiring. Heck I'm ready to go do some missionary work right now! Hail Tebow!!

Seriously, some of you who have doubts as to what he brings to the team, just watch & you'll see. >>

I have no doubts, or delusions, about what he brings to his team.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>So what do you guys think?

image >>

Regrets when you're sober??? Please tell me that you didn't do that to yourself. It will be difficult to dislodge the phallus from your rectum after getting that tattoo.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Haaaaa! My wife found the pic on worststuffever.com. I'm not a tatoo guy image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not a tatoo guy image >>

I am, what do you think of my new ink?

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not a tatoo guy image >>

I am, what do you think of my new ink?

image >>

See my comments above. image
  • Options
    Hahaha no just kidding, that's not mine. Personally I'd feel a little weird getting some other dude's name tattooed on my back. Even if is someone as awesome as Tebow. Can't wait til 4:15 today. I don't know how he'll do it but I believe he will. Hope I'm right...
  • Options

<< <i>Hahaha no just kidding, that's not mine. Personally I'd feel a little weird getting some other dude's name tattooed on my back. Even if is someone as awesome as Tebow. Can't wait til 4:15 today. I don't know how he'll do it but I believe he will. Hope I'm right... >>

LOL, agree about the tat. Hopefully he continues to improve. A good showing against the Pats today isn't out of the realm of possibility. Their D can give up some yards.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok now can everyone finally except the fact that Tebow is just a Man not a disciple???

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok now can everyone finally except the fact that Tebow is just a Man not a disciple???image >>

A man who can't throw a spiral.

As much as I dislike the Patriots the Denver Donkeys finally played a decent team and got trounced. Where's the spittoon for those Kool-aid drinkers?
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you so obsessed with Kool-Aid?

I don't think even the most avid Broncos fan thought Denver would win today, but Denver still has an excellent shot to make the playoffs, a notion that was an impossibility when Tebow took over as QB, so it's been a great season from that perspective.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I have liked Tebow from day 1 and still do. That being said:

Click here to watch something pretty funny. Quite clever.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i> I don't think even the most avid Broncos fan thought Denver would win today, but Denver still has an excellent shot to make the playoffs, a notion that was an impossibility when Tebow took over as QB, so it's been a great season from that perspective. >>

Agreed Tim, Im very happy the Pats won but in all honesty I would not have been that upset had the Pats lost, I like Tebow and wish him the best in the NFL, he is a good story.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how he did today?

thanks...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know how he did today?

thanks... >>

He apparently forgot how to "lead his team to victory."
  • Options
    Turnovers + Bad Defense = Tim Tebow phenomon back to Earth
  • Options
    The Lord had a previous commitment in Bethlehem tonight and was unable to show up in time..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know how he did today?

thanks... >>

He threw two TD passes 18 seconds apart...
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    We go through this exercise all the time with QB's.

You have these QB's who are not quite good enough to shine brightly on their own merit, but their team's are winning due to factors out of the QB's control, so these QB's are labeled as guys who 'know how to win'.

While many of them may be decent QB's...the reality is that many things out of their control are simply falling into place for them to win games that other QB's who are just as good or better, simply don't have falling into place for them! So they are labeled winners.

Tebow has a horrible 48% completion rating, which is awful by NFL standards of today. He hasn't thrown a lot of INT's. His QB rating is about average...yeah, I know, it isn't a perfect measure by any means.

Tebow does run VERY well, averaging almost six yard per rush and 50 yards per game. That is pretty good, which would put him better than average as a QB so far.

With a career record as a starter of 8-5 against many weak to average opponents...it looks like his actual performance is pretty close to be in line with his 'starting' record, as opposed to being a product of some sort of intangible he has.

He knows the answer of how to win, just like every other QB knows....it is simply if your team scores more points than the other. Not some mythical intangible quality that one reflects on his teammates(almost all of whom will play the same regardless of who they play with).

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    Another great game by Tebow! SIX touchdowns!

Oops, I'm being told he had six completions, not touchdowns. Never mind. image
  • Options

<< <i>Another great game by Tebow! SIX touchdowns!

Oops, I'm being told he had six completions, not touchdowns. Never mind. image >>

Def not a good game. At all. I saw the post game press conferences by Fox & Tebow, was weird seeing two guys who just made the playoffs being so somber. With Pittsburg up next, they better get it together.
  • Options

<< <i>I saw the post game press conferences by Fox & Tebow, was weird seeing two guys who just made the playoffs being so somber. With Pittsburg up next, they better get it together. >>

I'll be rooting for them ... but they are getting no respect at all. Opened up a 7.5 point DOG ... at HOME.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Pittsburgh will win by 10 at least..

• Options
    Pullin' for ya today Timmy - LET'S DO THIS!
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holiday season is over. The Lord can turn his attention back to Timmy. Expect an upset.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tebow sort of reminds me alittle of Bobby Douglas- He was the QB of the Bears back in the 1970's. Tebow has just taken it to the next level

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Denver handling bizznez so far....
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Cure your own cancer, Denver has a football game to win! lol
  • Options
    The Broncos got this one locked up if they keep Roethlisberger in there.
  • Options
    If Tebow is so religious, then why does he works on Sundays?
  • Options
    He's not Jewish and shomer Shabbos!
  • Options
    Lets go Tebow.....yes, I am picking the Patriots for the SB. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WOW, all I can say. Just WOW
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    OH YES! I believed 2 months ago ... and I STILL believe!!!!!!

316 yards in the air ... the MOST against the Steelers the entire year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Blam, amazing......the guy QB that everyone said can't throw just threw for the most yards against the NFL's #1 defense......
  • Options
    I apologize for ever doubting you, Mr. Tebow!

My faith has been restored and I believe again!!!

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Wow. The hand of God has struck.
  • Options
  • Options
    Someone refresh my memory. What did Denver give up (picks /player) for Tebow, if I recall they movedup to get him.
  • Options

<< <i>What did Denver give up (picks /player) for Tebow >>

It cost them a Head Coaching job.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how loveable Bill Maher is doing tonight!!!

Don't feel bad, Tebow bashers.

The Tim Tebow bandwagon does not discriminate.

Degrade him. Blister him with insults. Shout defiantly that the kid can't play NFL quarterback. And then slump those shoulders, Merrill Hoge, Bill Maher, Jermichael Finley, Joe Flacco, Steve Smith, and climb on back.

Tebow did it again. Just as it appeared all was lost, as it seemed the Broncos would blow a 14-point halftime lead, Tebow delivered.

The lefty winged a game-winning, 80-yard touchdown pass to the remarkably gifted Demaryius Thomas on the first play of overtime to give the Broncos a stunning, 29-23 AFC playoff win against the heavily favored Pittsburgh Steelers.

TebowMania is once again fully inflated.

Link

• Options
    Tebow looked better this game than he has in many weeks but the biggest contributution came from a banged up Steelers squad complete with a gimpy quarterback.

The folks in Denver should celebrate while they still can before those Donkeys get carved up into high school cafeteria lunch meat next weekend.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    He threw for 3:16 yards.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>He threw for 3:16 yards. >>

lol
  • Options
    The folks in Denver should celebrate while they still can before those Donkeys get carved up into high school cafeteria lunch meat next weekend.

That's what Pats fans said about Sanchez and the Jets last year before Gang Green sent them packing.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maher is a dufus!

Way to go Tim and Co!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Overtime: 11 seconds
    The ref's explanation of the overtime rules: 47 seconds
  • Options

<< <i>Tebow looked better this game than he has in many weeks but the biggest contributution came from a banged up Steelers squad complete with a gimpy quarterback.
    The folks in Denver should celebrate while they still can before those Donkeys get carved up into high school cafeteria lunch meat next weekend. >>

ONE OF THESE WEEKS you may be right. If you keep saying Tebow is crap and will lose next week ... just like almost every quarterback in the history of the NFL eventually has ... you will be right.

You have made so many anti-Tebow statements that sooner or later you HAVE to be right!

In case you forgot, here is your statement from December 11 from this thread:
    I'll admit Tebow has been a giant motivation for his team and has them believing they can win but to say he can't lose because he has "help from above" or to deem the Broncos an elite team in the AFC on par with the Steelers and Patriots is irrational and wishful thinking. Tebow and the Broncos have been winning because for the most part of the last six or so games they've played weak teams or teams on the verge of breakdown. Will Tebow be playing in this year's Super Bowl? No way.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I have already been right about Tebow. Against KC and Buffalo (two awful teams) he was pure garbage to the point of embarassment. There is no way to deny that.

The only part of my previous statement I will take back is the part about the Steelers being an elite team. After watching them get thrashed by the 49ers last month it was established that an elite team they are not.

If Denver gets by New England perhaps Baltimore down the road then I may change my mind but I am betting that won't happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Overtime: 11 seconds
    The ref's explanation of the overtime rules: 47 seconds >>

well played sir