Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Peyton Manning is one or two hits away from retirement.
    >>

Same as every other player.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So what do you guys think?

image >>

I think that this guy wishes he didn't get this tattoo now... >>

Maybe he can change it to "Teboner Time" image
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I think that this guy wishes he didn't get this tattoo now... >>

Maybe he can change it to "Teboner Time" >>

He looks like he might have enough hair to hide it if he lets it grow back. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Happy birthday Tim!
  • Options

<< <i>Seriously, some of you who have doubts as to what he brings to the team, just watch & you'll see. >>

I watched. I did not see. He just got cut.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Seriously, some of you who have doubts as to what he brings to the team, just watch & you'll see. >>

I watched. I did not see. He just got cut. >>

Same here.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>not going to happen, but i hope he lands on some nfl team >>

I can't be alone in wanting him to go away so the media will actually focus on real nfl players am I?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>not going to happen, but i hope he lands on some nfl team >>

I can't be alone in wanting him to go away so the media will actually focus on real nfl players am I? >>

When it comes to the NFL I think there's plenty of media for everybody.
  • Options
    There has been a large amount of undue attention paid to a guy who is at best a third string quarterback. With all the more compelling QB stories, like in SF and Seattle, maybe the media can focus on guys who can actually play the QB position.
  • Options
    Before RG III came along, Tim Tebow had the best selling jersey in the NFL.

As far as Tim Tebow's ability is concerned, there was a very legitimate questioned asked in the Patriots camp about who would you put in if Tom Brady went
    down with a season ending injury (Tom isn't getting any younger as everyone knows).

Do you put in a kid Ryan Mallet with no NFL experience who could flop real bad, or do you put in Tim Tebow who turns into Superman in the 4th quarter and led
    his team from a 1-4 record to a playoff win against Pittsburgh.

It was not an easy decision for New England to let Tebow go.
  • Options
    Tebow turned into superman? Was he superman when his team lost the last three games of that season and needed a raiders loss in week 17 to make the playoffs? Tebow is not superman...hell he's not even an average quarterback. When you can't beat out mark sanchez in NY then you really are terrible at playing quarterback.
  • Options

<< <i> When you can't beat out mark sanchez in NY then you really are terrible at playing quarterback. >>

If you get a full scholarship to play qb at a D-1 school, then you are an elite QB.
    If you win a national championship as a starting qb in D-1, then you are an elite QB.
    If you win a Heisman trophy, then you are an elite qb.
    If you take a 1-4 team to the playoffs, and win a playoff game, then you are an elite qb.

If you sign an NFL contract, whether you are Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, or Peyton Manning, you are an elite qb, and an elite athlete.
    Everyone else is just an arm chair quarterback.
  • Options
    Why do you mix in team accomplishments with individual ones? Winning a national championship or playoff game is the function of the team. That being said you equating Tebow with an actual elite qb is quite humorous.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>When you can't beat out mark sanchez in NY then you really are terrible at playing quarterback. >>

It should be noted, again, that Rex Ryan has a tattoo on his arm of his wife wearing nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When you can't beat out mark sanchez in NY then you really are terrible at playing quarterback. >>

It should be noted, again, that Rex Ryan has a tattoo on his arm of his wife wearing nothing but a Mark Sanchez jersey. >>

Fair enough. Then why was only one team willing to sign him off such a dominant college campaign? Why were there no suitors other than the Patriots when he was a free agent this off season? Why was he unable to complete more than roughly 30% of his passes in this preseason?

I think what happens with the Tebow supporters is they are so in love with his work ethic/good guy persona/christian background they lose all objectivity when it comes to analyzing the football player. Being unable to separate those two distinct areas is where these people become irrational in their support.

Yes, the Broncos had a nice run when he became their quarterback. But they didn't win games on his quarterback play. Completing less than 50% of your passes, and throwing for less than 125 yards a game isn't going to win you many games. Let's also not forget the team had three overtime wins in that run. Let's also, like I stated earlier, not forget that the Broncos lost their last three regular season games, and needed a collapse from Oakland to secure a playoff birth.

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure he works hard, but you have to put those traits aside when it comes to determining his worth as an NFL quarterback. The facts point overwhelmingly to the conclusion that he simply cannot do the job at this level.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure he works hard, but you have to put those traits aside when it comes to determining his worth as an NFL quarterback. The facts point overwhelmingly to the conclusion that he simply cannot do the job at this level. >>

The angle I'm taking is about winning football games.

Is there really anything else that matters in the NFL ? Isn't it all about winning ???

Forget about his stats, forget about his good guy image, forget about everything else besides winning.

Tebow has won a national championship.
    Tebow has won a Heismann trophy.
    Tebow took a 1-4 Broncos team to the playoffs.
    Tebow won a playoff game against Pittsburgh. (Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for Peyton Manning to win a playoff game for the Broncos).

So for me it's all about winning. You can come here and rightly claim how Tebow is still developing as a pocket passer. You can tell me he only eats fish on Friday.
    I'm telling you that he has won everywhere he has been given a chance to play. It's all about winning baby.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>There has been a large amount of undue attention paid to a guy who is at best a third string quarterback. With all the more compelling QB stories, like in SF and Seattle, maybe the media can focus on guys who can actually play the QB position. >>

I think I speak for the majority when I say that neither Colin Kaepernick nor Russell Wilson are exactly starved for media attention.
  • Options

<< <i>Why do you mix in team accomplishments with individual ones? Winning a national championship or playoff game is the function of the team. That being said you equating Tebow with an actual elite qb is quite humorous. >>

Because it's all about winning, and Tim has WON everywhere he's gone.
    Why has Tim WON everywhere he's been given a chance ? Because it's reported everywhere that he is a great motivator and leader, and he
    gets the team to play above and beyond their capabilities.

Why do you think a 1-4 Broncos team was able to make the playoffs, and then beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1st round with (as you say) a guy who can't play QB ?
    Could the leadership of the QB have a little something to do with it, or did the tooth fairy wave a magic wand ?
  • Options

<< <i>
    Tebow has won a national championship.

>>

Wrong, Florida won a national championship. Tebow was the QB of said team.

<< <i>Tebow has won a Heismann trophy. >>

They award one every year. Very rarely does the Heismann award winning QB turn into a good NFL player. Cam Newton is the only one I can remember that's turned into a good NFL level QB.

<< <i>Tebow took a 1-4 Broncos team to the playoffs. >>

He took an 8-5 team to 8-8 and barely made the playoffs, relying on Oakland losing in week 17 to back in.

<< <i>Tebow won a playoff game against Pittsburgh. (Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting for Peyton Manning to win a playoff game for the Broncos). >>

Again, his team won a playoff game in which he quarterbacked. Last time I checked, the team wins games, not one guy. Same with losses.

<< <i>So for me it's all about winning. You can come here and rightly claim how Tebow is still developing as a pocket passer. You can tell me he only eats fish on Friday.
    I'm telling you that he has won everywhere he has been given a chance to play. It's all about winning baby. >>

But he's not developing, that's what I'm telling you. It's the reason he can't get an NFL job. This idea that he has some magical winning pixie dust is the stuff of Skip Bayless' dreams.
  • Options

<< <i>

Again, his team won a playoff game in which he quarterbacked. Last time I checked, the team wins games, not one guy. Same with losses.

. >>

You are vastly underestimating the importance of the quarterback position in football.

Do you believe the pitcher in baseball is just part of a team, or does the pitcher have a more important role in the teams wins or losses ?

Here's what the Super Bowl winning coach Bill Walsh has to say...

Bill Walsh says QB #1 most important position in football
  • Options
    I'm not making any value judgments on the importance of the quarterback. I'm simply observing that he was the member of the team that won a title. If you want to give him sole credit for the broncos run you have to then place all the blame on him for losing the final three games and potentially losing that playoff bid though.
  • Options
    One more thing: if all he does is win (your words, not mine), then why can't he get a starting job? Hell, why can't he even win a backup job? If he's so adept as simply winning games, are you seriously suggesting that every single NFL coach, GM, talent evaluator is missing the boat? Or is it possible, MAYBE, that Tebow simply isn't cut out to be a pro QB? Football history is littered with guys who won at every stop in their football careers then crashed and burned at the NFL level. There's no shortage of stories of the 'can't miss' guy who simply cannot perform at the pro level.
  • Options

<< <i>One more thing: if all he does is win (your words, not mine), then why can't he get a starting job? Hell, why can't he even win a backup job? If he's so adept as simply winning games, are you seriously suggesting that every single NFL coach, GM, talent evaluator is missing the boat? Or is it possible, MAYBE, that Tebow simply isn't cut out to be a pro QB? Football history is littered with guys who won at every stop in their football careers then crashed and burned at the NFL level. There's no shortage of stories of the 'can't miss' guy who simply cannot perform at the pro level. >>

I think you know the answer to this question. Colleges like BYU and Miami, Fla. in the 1980's-90s were known as Quarterback U because these universities ran a pro-style offense. Every kid that had ambitions of making the NFL, desired to go to colleges like BYU and Miami, Fla. because they were basically good prep schools for the NFL.

Tim Tebow played the spread offense in college. He did not play in a West Coast offensive system, nor did he play in a pro-style offense. His gifts are better suited in a spread offense, which few NFL teams run.

I believe only the Buffalo Bills run something similar to the spread in the NFL. I do not believe any other team does, but I'd have to check on that.

Therefore Tim Tebow was never trained/played in a pro style offense. He's trying to learn something brand new, and he's struggling with it.
    However he did not struggle in Denver, because Denver tried to tailor the offense towards his strengths. The Jets didn't take that chance, nor would the Pats.

If there was a spread offense in the NFL, Tim would be the starter on that team.

Look at how Vince Young failed in the NFL. One of the greatest spread-offense talents ever to play the QB position in college. Look what Vince single handidly did against
    Clay Matthews and USC in USC's own backyard. But Vince wasn't trained in a pro-style offense, and he couldn't make it in the NFL.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Therefore Tim Tebow was never trained/played in a pro style offense. He's trying to learn something brand new, and he's struggling with it.
    However he did not struggle in Denver, because Denver tried to tailor the offense towards his strengths. The Jets didn't take that chance, nor would the Pats.
    >>

He *did* struggle in Denver. His numbers were abysmal. And you want to credit him for taking a team that started 1-4 to the playoffs, without holding him accountable for three straight losses to end the season. You can't have it both ways.

<< <i>If there was a spread offense in the NFL, Tim would be the starter on that team. >>

Because that offense doesn't work in the NFL. Period. If it did, teams would use it. But if a QB can't complete a throw, then he's not a quarterback. Tebow has *always* struggled to (a) complete passes, and (b) make quick decisions. It's why his completion percentage has always been terrible and it's why he takes so many sacks. You continue to try to put the failings of Tebow the QB on the teams in the NFL, and refuse to accept that Tebow is the common denominator in his numbers being abysmal at every stop.

• Options

<< <i>

He *did* struggle in Denver. His numbers were abysmal. And you want to credit him for taking a team that started 1-4 to the playoffs, without holding him accountable for three straight losses to end the season. You can't have it both ways.

. >>

Where did I say he isn't held accountable for the three losses image Sorry, never said that.

Question, if Tebow is as bad a passer as you say he is, then when he had a winning record as a starter for the Denver Broncos in 2011, why was he only 0.2 yards away from
    leading the entire NFL in yards per completion ? He finished third in the league at 13.7 yards per completion. Most of those great throws came in the 4th quarter which caused him to be third in the league in leading his team in come from behind victories. Only Eli Manning and someone else was ahead of him.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Where did I say he isn't held accountable for the three losses image Sorry, never said that.
    >>

You said he led the team to the playoffs...failing to mention that he also led his team to three straight losses, and could have easily missed the playoffs if the Raiders had won their final game.

<< <i>Question, if Tebow is as bad a passer as you say he is, then when he had a winning record as a starter for the Denver Broncos in 2011, why was he only 0.2 yards away from
    leading the entire NFL in yards per completion ? He finished third in the league at 13.7 yards per completion. Most of those great throws came in the 4th quarter which caused him to be third in the league in leading his team in come from behind victories. Only Eli Manning and someone else was ahead of him. >>

So tell me what does yards per completion mean to you? It tells me his receivers did a lot of the work while he was busy throwing away a lot of balls. Why are you ignoring the fact that he was dead last in completion percentage? I mean it's not even close...he was only the QB in the league with a completion percentage under 50%. Why are you ignoring that he was 28th in yards per attempt (which is a lot more telling statistic). 28th in QB rating. 33 sacks. The list goes on and on.

Why did he have so many fourth quarter come backs? Because he was so terrible that he put his team behind consistently?

What I'd love to ask is what is it you think you and Tebow's fans know that people who get paid for a living don't in seeing Tebow as a QB?
  • Options

<< <i>

What I'd love to ask is what is it you think you and Tebow's fans know that people who get paid for a living don't in seeing Tebow as a QB? >>

Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, Greg McIlroy(just got cut), and many other guys are trying hard to make it as an NFL quarterback. All these guys are
    not making it, or are out of the league as of now.

Tim Tebow is not a top rater passer, but for some reason he is a winner. Doesn't make sense, but in the NFL it's all about winning.
    Tim took a 1-4 team and led them to a 7-4 finish, and 1-1 in the playoffs.

As a starter, he has a winning record in the NFL, and he has a playoff win. Mark Sanchez, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and all the other "marginal" NFL qb's do not.

Tebow just wins wherever he goes. No one can take that away from him. No one.
  • Options
    A winning quarterback doesn't find it impossible to find a job, let alone a backup job. When you can't even make it as a third string QB for the hapless jets, then you are not an NFL QB. Period.

• Options

<< <i>A winning quarterback doesn't find it impossible to find a job, let alone a backup job. When you can't even make it as a third string QB for the hapless jets, then you are not an NFL QB. Period. >>

And when you take a 1-4 team and lead them to the playoffs and win a playoff game, and have the #1 selling jersey in the NFL in 2011, then you are most certainly an
    NFL quarterback.

BTW. I understand it's easy to hate Tim. He's young, good looking, well built, clean cut, a professing Christian, can get any girl he wants, has lots of money, and isn't great
    at what he does, but gets a lot of attention. A lot of guys wish they were like that.
  • Options
    In 2009, Tim Tebow signed a 5 year, 11 million dollar contract with the Denver Broncos. Tim was also paid $250,000 dollars for beating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs.

It would take me over 100 years to earn all that money. Good for Tim and his charities that will benefit from all that cash.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good for Tim and his charities that will benefit from all that cash. >>

+ 1
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    You don't have to hate someone or be jealous of them to be critical of them . If he's an nfl quarterback what team does he play for? I suppose all 32 GMs and head coaches are jealous of him too?

• Options

<< <i>You don't have to hate someone or be jealous of them to be critical of them . ? >>

Being critical usually comes from hate, jealousy, or just a harsh disposition in life.

Wishing guys well usually comes from caring and compassion.

You can even wish the people you don't like in sports well. Good sportsmanship is centered all around this.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Being critical usually comes from hate, jealousy, or just a harsh disposition in life.
    >>

So in your world it's jealousy that causes someone to be critical. Ok got it. That would be cute if it weren't so naive.

It's not jealousy that causes someone to suggest Tebow doesn't have the skill set to be an nfl qb. It's not jealous to use statistics to point out that he doesn't have the ability to do the job.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a fan of football, I feel cheated.

I just wish that he was named the pre-season starting QB, earned it and given a year to back up his Bronco act.

We'll never know.. It was some of the most exiting recent times in the NFL when he kept eking out regular season wins then ousting the Steelers.

From that to zero.

Now I'm enjoying the Russell Wilson story. Too small, blah, blah, blah.....

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Tebow did get a little too much credit for the Bronco winning streak. However, looking at his actual performance, while he did lack in completion percentage, he made up for that with his running ability.

Tebow had a passer rating of 75 with his two years with the Broncos. League average was 82.

When you consider his running ability, that puts him pretty darn close to league average. That really isn't too shabby for a QB's first two years in the league.

I don't know the fascination with a guy like Mark Sanchez, his career rating is 71 and doesn't run as well.

Tebow has shown enough that he can be an NFL starting QB. He may never be great, but he has shown to be better than the bottom rung starting QB's, and that was done without having much experience to boot.

Some team should take a shot on him, especially since he is a marketing bonanza as well!

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know the fascination with a guy like Mark Sanchez, his career rating is 71 and doesn't run as well. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Tebow just wins wherever he goes. >>

No, he has lost lots of jobs to other QBs and backup QBs. Apparently he has no will to win.
  • Options

<< <i>And when you take a 1-4 team and lead them to the playoffs and win a playoff game, and have the #1 selling jersey in the NFL in 2011, then you are most certainly an NFL quarterback.
    >>

He was then. But, when you get cut, you are no longer an NFL QB. Some cut players find another job, some do not.

How many of his jerseys did you buy, anyway?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And when you take a 1-4 team and lead them to the playoffs and win a playoff game, and have the #1 selling jersey in the NFL in 2011, then you are most certainly an NFL quarterback.
    >>

He was then. But, when you get cut, you are no longer an NFL QB. Some cut players find another job, some do not.

>>

Tebow is getting paid one and a half million dollars by the Jets this season. Another reason to hate the guy. He gets paid and doesn't even have to work.
    Just think of all those millions he collected sitting on the sidelines for the Jets image
  • Options

<< <i>

No, he has lost lots of jobs to other QBs and backup QBs. Apparently he has no will to win. >>

Apparently you never won a national championship, Heismann trophy, a starting job in the NFL, or an NFL playoff game.
    Until you've made over 20 million dollars (with jersey sales) before you're 26 years old, then perhaps you need not talk about winning.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, he has lost lots of jobs to other QBs and backup QBs. Apparently he has no will to win. >>

Apparently you never won a national championship, Heismann trophy, a starting job in the NFL, or an NFL playoff game.
    Until you've made over 20 million dollars (with jersey sales) before you're 26 years old, then perhaps you need not talk about winning. >>

The last line of defense for a losing player. If you haven't played the game you don't get to be critical is the most insanely idiotic defense that can ever be constructed.EWith that line of reasoning mark sanchez is a great quarterback since he took his team to two afc championship games he must be elite! And the Heismann trophy winner is always a nfl superstar!

Good gravy the blinding ignorance of Tebow supporters apparently knows no bounds.
  • Options

Tim Tebow has made 20 million dollars in his short NFL career with salary and endorsements, and jersey sales.

If you make 100,000 dollars a year at your job, then it's going to take you 200 years to make as much money as Tim Tebow makes.

So if Tim Tebow sucks at what he does, then you guys suck BIG time at what you do, because Tim is getting PAID !

Tim is getting paid 1.3 million this year to do absolutely nothing. How bout you ?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, forgot to add that he's good looking, well built, and can get any girl he wants.

But please keep on telling us how much he sucks. image
  • Options

<< <i>Oh yeah, forgot to add that he's good looking, well built, and can get any girl he wants.

But please keep on telling us how much he sucks. image >>

Sorry, pal, but Timmy isn't going to ask you out, no matter how much sunshine you blow his way. It's downright comical how you are unable to differentiate his off the field achievements with being a competent QB. Jamarcus Russell made nearly $40 million in his time with the Raiders, so he must be TWICE the QB that Tebow is!

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    This thread definitely reinforces the fact that the Tebow cult is completely oblivious to the facts and reality, but the rest of the world knew that already.

The Canadian football game is almost completely dependent on the passing game. Given his inability to throw a decent pass I'm not so sure he would even make it in the CFL.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh yeah, forgot to add that he's good looking, well built, and can get any girl he wants.

But please keep on telling us how much he sucks. image >>

Sorry, pal, but Timmy isn't going to ask you out, no matter how much sunshine you blow his way. It's downright comical how you are unable to differentiate his off the field achievements with being a competent QB. Jamarcus Russell made nearly $40 million in his time with the Raiders, so he must be TWICE the QB that Tebow is! >>

And it's almost comical that you try to tell people how guys like Jamarcus and Tim (who both made over 20 million dollars in the NFL) suck as qb's.
    Any US citizen that grows up and makes over 20 million dollars in the NFL as a quarterback certainly does not suck.
    They may not be a Joe Montana, but they certainly aren't the guy sitting in his recliner on Sunday afternoons with his beer and hot wings either.

Tim is so good that he's making over 1 million for doing absolutely nothing this year. How freakin' good is that ?
    I wish I could make 1 million for doing nothing. Don't you ?
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    "Jamarcus Russell made $40 million in his short NFL career so that means he must not have sucked"...

Oh God, I think I just got the urge to go step in front of a train...

Anybody who thinks that way has obviously never watched an NFL game in their entire life nor do they remotely understand how the business of professional sports works.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>And it's almost comical that you try to tell people how guys like Jamarcus and Tim (who both made over 20 million dollars in the NFL) suck as qb's.
    Any US citizen that grows up and makes over 20 million dollars in the NFL as a quarterback certainly does not suck.
    They may not be a Joe Montana, but they certainly aren't the guy sitting in his recliner on Sunday afternoons with his beer and hot wings either.
    >>

The fact that you are either unable or unwilling to understand that you can (a) have played in the NFL and (b) sucked at it is mind-numbing.

<< <i>Tim is so good that he's making over 1 million for doing absolutely nothing this year. How freakin' good is that ?
    I wish I could make 1 million for doing nothing. Don't you ? >>

Of course, who wouldn't. But it doesn't take away from the fact that Tebow SUCKS as a NFL QB. Period. The fact that you continue to bring up off the field reasons as to why he doesn't suck is all the proof one needs to prove he *does* suck at his chosen job. Good lord you are dense.

<< <i>"Jamarcus Russell made $40 million in his short NFL career so that means he must not have sucked"...

Oh God, I think I just got the urge to go step in front of a train...

Anybody who thinks that way has obviously never watched an NFL game in their entire life nor do they remotely understand how the business of professional sports works. >>

I obviously was using him as an example to refute the ridiculous claim that because Tebow has made $20 million in his career that he's a good NFL QB. Perhaps reading the entire thread and understanding the use of the example in context would help next time.

• Options

<< <i>

Of course, who wouldn't. But it doesn't take away from the fact that Tebow SUCKS as a NFL QB. Period. The fact that you continue to bring up off the field reasons as to why he doesn't suck is all the proof one needs to prove he *does* suck at his chosen job. Good lord you are dense.

. >>

No, not dense. We just have a difference of opinion. In your world, when someone disagrees with you, they are dense, uneducated, or just flat out dumb.

You say that an NFL quarterback with a career winning record as a starter sucks. I say an NFL quarterback with a career winning record does not suck.

You are not dense for your opinion. It's your opinion.