Options

The 2011 Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Above .500!!!
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    Now THIS is what you, we & I expected!!!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A great, GREAT comeback win against the O's.

Did anyone enjoy that slow-roller cruise through A-Rod's legs as much as I did? >>

That was the best part about the whole game.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That error would have been even better if it was in the ALCS against the Sox.
  • Options
    Well, we got Wakefield going tonight. I hope he is on, but for sure he is better than Lackluster pitching. At least his knuckler dances instead of

just laying flat and saying "hit me".
  • Options

<< <i>Well, we got Wakefield going tonight. I hope he is on, but for sure he is better than Lackluster pitching. At least his knuckler dances instead of

just laying flat and saying "hit me". >>

Rained out! What a bummer, they should be playing here in Albuquerque, they would not ever get rained out. Showers only last a few minutes here.
  • Options
    One plus could that Shakey Wakey gets skipped.
  • Options
    Sounds like dice k is going on the disabled list too. Good! Michael Bowden is coming up.
  • Options
    Rain, rain, go away, come back again another day! Oh, it's ok, another masterpiece by Buchholz. Wow, and another big hit by Salty. Pap still scares me though.
  • Options
    After the lead off double Papelbon gave up I was convinced he would blow the save. I consider it a minor miracle that it didn't happen.

The Sox are now 22-20 so they have 120 games left to play. All that preseason talk about whether this team could win 100 games seems pretty inane now but just for fun I broke out the calculator and found that they need to win 65% of their remaining games to get to 100 wins. I still think that's possible . . . they just need to make sure that for the rest of the season they play as well as the Cleveland Indians have played so far.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big difference so far for Papelblown this year has been avoiding the free passes. I think he has only dished out two walks all year. Seems he was walking one an inning last year.
  • Options
    That's a very good point and you are correct. Last year Papelbon walked 3.8 batters per 9 innings. This year he's brought it down to 1.0/9. He's also striking out batters more frequently. This year he has struck out 11.7 hitters / 9IP compared to 10.2 last year.
  • Options

All he cares about is getting the year over with so he can be a free agent. He could not care less about the Red Sox.
  • Options
    I don't believe that, he does want to cash in, but he puts it all on the line for the Sox.
  • Options

Well the cardiac kids did it again tonight. Crawford comes through again in the ninth, Bard almost blows it in the eighth and Pap in the ninth but they win so all is good.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    I remember when they started 0-6 and fell even further to 2-10. Since then, they've gone 21-10 and have won 6 in a row. Did I see the standings correctly - they are 1.5 games back from first place? I'd like to see them keep up this pace - winning series and putting together winning streaks.
  • Options
    I think we have a better chance to win this weekend without lackless and godzilla than with them. I just hope Beckett is ok, that would be a devastating loss if he is going to be out a while.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we have a better chance to win this weekend without lackless and godzilla than with them. I just hope Beckett is ok, that would be a devastating loss if he is going to be out a while. >>

Depends on which godzilla you get. Hopefully the GOOD godzilla will emerge again.

Lackey is just an albatross. Maybe Theo can trade him to the Angels -- they were dumb enough to take Vernon Wells! image
  • Options
    That was what they needed tonight. It's onward and upward from here, only 1 half game out now. Wow!!!!

Yankee fans are awful quiet !

Oh, I forgot, today is the day the world ends.
  • Options
    Yes, it sure would be nice if the Red Sox save thier offensive explosions for games when the starters struggle like last night. I am sure Lester appreciated it.

However, with Lackey, 15 runs might not be enough if he gets any worse.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things appear to be falling our way...literally. Kinda wish they'd shown exactly how much damage Youk's over the monstaha shot did on impact. Cleveland should be interesting. Next Wednesday Cleveland is scheduling a guy named "Undecided" against Lester, I think we'll be ok. image

Off-topic...just got past cataract surgery last Thursday AM. With the exception of the IV insertion, it was a piece of cake...I am literally AMAZED at how clear my HD tv is, I mean really, what took me so long??? Procedure took about 10 minutes, and of course I was somewhere floating in the ozone while the surgeon was poking in my eye...gotta love that versad !!!

Go Red Sox!!!!
  • Options

Fox sports sucks. Game not on again.
  • Options

<< <i>Fox sports sucks. Game not on again. >>

lucky you. Albers stunk it up in the 8th when the game was seemingly in the bag.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    not that I expected any differently, but the Cubs crowd in Fenway last night was the loudest visiting crowd I've heard at Fenway in the 10 years I've had tickets. Made for a fun atmosphere.
  • Options

I hope the wind is blowing in today with Wakefield pitching!
  • Options
    Yeah...50 to 75MPH.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope the wind is blowing in today with Wakefield pitching! >>

Wake pitched a great game tonight.
  • Options
    I felt more confident with Wake pitching than I do with Lakey or DiceK.
  • Options

<< <i>I felt more confident with Wake pitching than I do with Lakey or DiceK. >>

I agree!
  • Options
    so is Bard the next "injured" pitcher headed to the DL? Seems he is pulling a Papelblown and relying on dead red a bit too much.
  • Options

<< <i>so is Bard the next "injured" pitcher headed to the DL? Seems he is pulling a Papelblown and relying on dead red a bit too much. >>

You are to hard on Paplebon for one bad season.
  • Options
    So, up 2-1 in the 8th and I decide to pack it in, looks like game in hand. Wake up and see the disaster...Bard is now 1-4 and deserves some heat. Maybe Tito needs to go to somebody else as the Papelbon setup man. Of course the bats didn't do much to help the win, where was the offense?

At least it's Beckett and Lester up next...sorry Lackey, I do not miss your pitching.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>so is Bard the next "injured" pitcher headed to the DL? Seems he is pulling a Papelblown and relying on dead red a bit too much. >>

You are to hard on Paplebon for one bad season. >>

never been a big fan
  • Options
    You are crazy, he should have been MVP of the 2007 WS.
  • Options

<< <i>You are crazy, he should have been MVP of the 2007 WS. >>

not crazy, just not a fan. I didn't like Keith Foulke either and he was key to the 2004 WS.

I don't even like the concept of "closer" to give you an idea.

Back on topic: Varitek should buy a lotto ticket. Two CS and a HR on the same night?
  • Options
    I hear ya, but I feel like they would not be as good as they are without him.
  • Options

What a day 14 to 2 and another day game tomorrow, I am glad I am retired so I can watch all these games.
  • Options

He seems to have no confidence in his slider. Even a crappy MLB hitter can hit a 98 mph fastball if he knows it is coming.
  • Options
    The hitters have made the adjustments now it is Bard's time.
  • Options
    Two days in a row with 14 runs. Yea !
  • Options

<< <i>Two days in a row with 14 runs. Yea ! >>

Good god, Ortiz is hitting .310!! Hope its just mango salsa and nothing else.
  • Options
    Crawford is on fire, Pedroia is showing signs of getting back to "laser shows" and even the call-ups are hitting. I hope they save some firepower for Verlander.
  • Options

Well, which Wakefield is going to show up tonight?
  • Options
    With the way this team started in April, I am amazed to see that as of May 27th, the Red Sox have a share of 1st place with the Yankees. Considering that the Sox have played 6 more road games than the Yankees have, I think that is pretty outstanding.

And the offense the last two days has been nothing short of incredible.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, which Wakefield is going to show up tonight? >>

He one good again tonight. Way to go Red Sox!
  • Options
    They are on a roll right now, pitching and hitting.
  • Options
    What a catch by Ellsbury !!!
  • Options
    I don't like to see Ellsbury making catches like that.

He is going to get hurt again.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    It makes it a little easier to watch the Red Sox win, when it is my boys Crawford and Wakefield taking charge!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I don't like to see Ellsbury making catches like that.

He is going to get hurt again. >>

He does not slide gracefully