Home Sports Talk
Options

The 2011 Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another called strike 3 for Drew...this time a game ender. His obscene salary warrants a better performance...he just keeps chewing that bubble gum without a care in the world. To be fair, if I were getting paid $14m for 6 months of playing baseball, I'd be pretty mellow too.

Maybe if Tek can let go of Heidi for an hour or so and have a kick A#% team meeting things might get better.

I predict Crawford will soon hear the Fenway boos.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yet another called strike 3 for Drew...this time a game ender. His obscene salary warrants a better performance...he just keeps chewing that bubble gum without a care in the world. To be fair, if I were getting paid $14m for 6 months of playing baseball, I'd be pretty mellow too.

Maybe if Tek can let go of Heidi for an hour or so and have a kick A#% team meeting things might get better.

I predict Crawford will soon hear the Fenway boos. >>

Varitek is now engaged to someone else.

$12 million for two years of Jenks is looking like another Theo genius move.
  • Options
    Bases loaded no outs in the first inning...NO RUNS, followed by another 8 more LOBs. ZERO runs scored.

Now Wakefield in for Bucky.

I have no clue what's going on other than a massive slump, no key hits when needed most.
  • Options
    on the bright side...during the pregame show today, anyone catch Kathryn Tappen talking Bruins? image
  • Options
    Jenks sucks. Guillen must be laughing every day at his complete lack of performance.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I could not believe Francona making such a bone headed move as taking Wakefield out when he did the way he had been pitching. He usually waits way too long to remove his pitchers but not today. He sure left that bonehead Jenks( i wonder if they are related) in though didn't he. What an idiot!
    They were lucky to win that one. Hopefully that hit by Crawford will get him going.
  • Options
    I too was a bit surprised at Francona's taking Wake out...there were already 2 outs and he appeared to be pitching well. Though the chin hair has disappeared, Jenks needs to return to the Windy City, what a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZER.

More inept performance by the heavy money guys.

Thanks Ichiro, we needed the win.
  • Options
    Papelbon and Okajima must love to have Jenks on the team...someone other than them for the fans to hate!
  • Options

We can always go back to what my father used to say: "wait until next year".
  • Options
    Anybody know what's happening with Remy? He must be pretty sick to be out this long.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I heard pneumonia.
  • Options
    I didn't know, but kinda thought pneumonia for him to be gone this length of time. Surprises me (unless I missed it) that Don O doesn't at least periodically give an update, unless of course he's told not to do so. Surely lots of folks are wondering. Hope he recovers quickly.

BTW, hope things are well on the West Coast. A very raw rainy night in Jawja.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing about Remy. Hopefully he recovers soon.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another nice start by Lester -- 11 Ks! That's 9 more than Lirano's no-hitter!
  • Options
    I only heard about Remy through his Twitter account.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Orsillo mentioned it the first two days, now he has been very hush hush about it. I cant hope but fear the worse for him. Prayers to him and his family, a red sox legend..for commentating of course image
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    Dice K just came in for relief, this means we are no longer the favorite to win this game at home in extra innings in the rain.
  • Options
    You beat me to it! He's already loaded the bases. Yikes.
  • Options
    Dude just gave up a 2 run single to Abreu.
  • Options
    And now the Angels are up 5-3.

I can't blame this all on Dice-K. It's not as if he's a reliever by trade, but he looked terrible.

Scutaro running through an obvious stop sign at 3rd with just one out in the game was stupid. Pedroia striking out 4 times in one game for the first time in his career sucks. Pinch running for Papi with 2 outs while he's on 1st base was a stupid managerial move (especially since they didn't even try to steal the base anyway).
  • Options
    Sending Scuttaro with one out on a guaranteed double was a mistake...................THERE WAS ONLY ONE OUT!!!!! AND YOU'D HAVE RUNNERS @ 2ND & 3RD!!!!!!!!!! This proves that not only are the players pressing, but the coach's are trying too much as well.
  • Options
    Don't forget Francona took out Gonzales for a runner, thereby taking his best hitter out of the game. He's a bonehead. Too many bad decisions on managements part.
  • Options

Now Francona leaves Lackey in for 4 innings and 5 runs before he takes him out after 2 more runs in the 5th.. It was clear he did not have anything in the 1st inning. What an idiot.
  • Options
    Lacking getting pummeled, ugly.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>Lacking getting pummeled, ugly. >>

and loving it!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    quick check of the box: 2/3 of the batters Lacking faced ended up getting on base. image
  • Options
    Lackey sucks ass. I really hate him now. He should donate his entire salary to the Jimmy Fund.

Theo needs to stop signing players that historically play well against the Red Sox but not as well against other teams (Lackey, Bootaro, and to some extent, Crawford).
  • Options
    What Connecticoin said.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Plus, the man looks like a Monkfish

• Options

<< <i>Lackey sucks ass. I really hate him now. He should donate his entire salary to the Jimmy Fund.

Theo needs to stop signing players that historically play well against the Red Sox but not as well against other teams (Lackey, Bootaro, and to some extent, Crawford). >>

I do believe Crawford will return to Rays form. No hope for the other two.
  • Options
    Crawford has been hitting the ball really well the past 10 games.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lackey sucks ass. I really hate him now. He should donate his entire salary to the Jimmy Fund.

Theo needs to stop signing players that historically play well against the Red Sox but not as well against other teams (Lackey, Bootaro, and to some extent, Crawford). >>

I do believe Crawford will return to Rays form. No hope for the other two. >>

I agree, but he will never be worth that bloated contract.
  • Options
    Complain, complain, complain, you, we, I sometimes sound pathetic - on the boarderline of ladies in a beauty salon. But let's get something straight - I am as big of a Red Sox fan as the rest of you - have some GD FAITH!!!!!!! We are a mere 32 games into the season - there are ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MORE GAMES PEOPLE!!!!!

We all know who is doing well, we all know who is playing like crap, we all had expectactions of certain players, we had expectations of the whole friggen team. Crawford WILL come around, Youk will wake up, Bucholz will step it up, the Red Sox will be fine. So support them, embrase them, have some faith - (well except maybe for JD Drew, Dice K, any catcher we start, and on some nights - the bullpen) but other than that, have faith!!
  • Options
    when will Youkilis be cured of his Jason Bayitis? His complete inability to hit a curve is disturbing
  • Options

How about that rookie Iglasis scoring from 1st on a wall ball by Ceawford.

They survived that that game nicely with no help from the umpires.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Bucholz will step it up,>>>

hacker - I agree with every point in your post except this one. If you go back to last year's stats, and look at some of the advanced stats (FIP, BABIP), you'll see that Buchholz had an extremely "lucky" year. I think we need to readjust our expectations of him. He's certainly not as bad as we've seen to this point, but he's probably no better than a 3.50-3.75 ERA guy.
  • Options

<< <i><<<Bucholz will step it up,>>>

hacker - I agree with every point in your post except this one. If you go back to last year's stats, and look at some of the advanced stats (FIP, BABIP), you'll see that Buchholz had an extremely "lucky" year. I think we need to readjust our expectations of him. He's certainly not as bad as we've seen to this point, but he's probably no better than a 3.50-3.75 ERA guy. >>

on this team, a 3.50-3.75 ERA guy should do quite well, so that would be great.
  • Options
    btw, Beckett is down to 1.99 ERA image
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<on this team, a 3.50-3.75 ERA guy should do quite well, so that would be great. >>>

No doubt...my only point was that last year was probably a mirage, and any expectations that he would duplicate those numbers this year (or ever?) are unrealistic.
  • Options
    Lacking ERA over 8.00 now image
  • Options
    I wonder if the LAA would take Lackless back if we tossed in Theo as a freebie.

2-5, ERA 8.01, $15.25m per season...what's wrong with this picture?

Just nothing good to say about this guy.
  • Options
    I dont know, Bucholz looked pretty darn good tonight - one mistake to Martin - but other than that, he was really on his game.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what to make of him. As near as I can tell, he's not as good as he was last year or as bad as he was the year(s) before.
  • Options

He is still very young and still learning how to pitch in certain situations. He is doing better than Lackey and making a lot less money.
  • Options

Lester's turn to have a great day.

How about our great first baseman Gonzales, is he on a tear or what.
  • Options
    Time for Lester to finally get the Sox to .500! A sweep of the Evil Empire in the Bronx will be a nice bonus. image
  • Options
    Time to pull the brooms out of the closet and clean sweep in the bronx.
  • Options
    I can't think of a better way to get back to .500 baseball - with a clean sweep of the yankees in the bronx!! Now back to Fenway - while the Yankees go out on the road...........

Just a quick glance at the standings - the yankees have played 24 home games (13-11) - 10 less on the road (7-7). It won't be long before they are looking up at the Red Sox in the standings!!! Boston is even on their home/road splits (11-9 home & 9-11 road).
  • Options
    They really needed the sweep and they are 18-8 in their last 26.
  • Options
    A great, GREAT comeback win against the O's.

Did anyone enjoy that slow-roller cruise through A-Rod's legs as much as I did?