Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, where'd all the Vick's 69dmpl fs go at MCM?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Vicks 69DMPL PCGS back in stock now, thanks!
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    The waiting list is back

Yosemite sold out?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The waiting list is back

Yosemite sold out? >>

I sure hope so. It certainly took long enough.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, has anyone seen any buyers for the Mount Hood National Forest 5oz P-Puck?
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    if there is a sealed box of olympics available - and wanted to gamble - they are eligible for FS...........

not to say they aren't gonna be any more....there could be......
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Yosemite 26,740
    Grand Canyon 22,026

sales figures
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i> ............
    Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for these to suddenly go back onsale in unlimited quantities. Sure, there were returns, but were there that many returns to open it up for a free for all? Seems fishy; not in step with what's happened so far with these. >>

In the past, when returning an item for replacement, the Mint generally sent it out within 7 days. But with the Yosemites it's taken weeks and still nothing. And a few days ago they even charged my credit card a second time for the replacement! At first I thought they had issued me a credit when they received the returned puck, but they hadn't. So I just called them & cancelled the whole thing. I just think the aggressive production and distribution schedule is finally taking its toll, on both personnel and equipment, leading to possible computer errors and the release of some unfinished GC's. I did read somewhere recently that they may not release all of the 2011 P's this year. Probably a good idea.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the aggressive schedule taking it's toll. I will get the Hood but man, I didn't want that much on my CC over a 2 month period basically for the 2010s. 2011+ will not see me purchasing regular, I think I'm done unless I want a specific one.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭
    if there is a sealed box of olympics available - and wanted to gamble - they are eligible for FS...........

not to say they aren't gonna be any more....there could be......

What if they are not DMPLs. They won't sell as well. PCGS needs to certify entire rolls of DMPLs FS like they do with the ASE rolls and the dealers will have the option to have these slabbed and graded later on if the demand is there. Don't know.

• NGC Recognizes New Variety of 2010 P Grand Canyon 5 Ounce Specimen Issue

Link
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NGC Recognizes New Variety of 2010 P Grand Canyon 5 Ounce Specimen Issue

Link >>

Oh cool, I guess I need to open mine and see if I was lucky enough to get one. I wonder how much of a premium these will command?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Link >>

Could this had been caused more due to a worn die? Much like a newer strike deep cameo vs one produced the the same die where they actually loose the cameo effect?

• << <i>

Link >>

Could this had been caused more due to a worn die? Much like a newer strike deep cameo vs one produced the the same die where they actually loose the cameo effect? >>

I don't think a "worn die" would be the cause of the lack of afterstrike blasting evidence....
    So then the only other reason would be the die was not blasted? Are both side the same? If so, what are the chances of the two dies not being blasted and being used at the same time?
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭
    I have two more coming. Definitely will open these.

<< <i>So then the only other reason would be the die was not blasted? Are both side the same? If so, what are the chances of the two dies not being blasted and being used at the same time? >>

Some said that it was probably the material they used to sand blast with had run low.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    It would be interesting to know if both sides have this "Light Finish.'
    According to Coin Update,"The finish is applied after striking the coins and is applied to the coin, not the die.'

I guess that answers all my questions. I wonder how they made it through the QC process. Anyone seen the video on how each coin is checks by a QC person after being minted. Must of been Friday afternoon or Monday morning coins!

Anyone know when the next ATB puck comes out?

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7-28-11
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats going on with them are they selling for big $$$ just need to know? image

Hoard the keys.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Mt. Hood 2010-P on 7/28. Looks like Chicksaw 2011 bullion is starting to ship around the same time.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Chicksaw is a nice looking design. Just wonder how much of them will get dmpl. Here is my observation, the less busy design, the more likely it will get more dmpl. Otherwise, more pl.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    David Harper of NN chimes in on the declining sales of these..

Link
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>David Harper of NN chimes in on the declining sales of these..

Link >>

2012. "Where do you think mintages will be by then?"
    What kind of a question is that? The mint doesn't even know how many 2011-P's will be made and it's July.
    According to those stats over at NN, the 2011 bullion ATBs have sold 364,500 units total (or 1,822,500 oz. of silver total this year.) In theory, we could add the 2010 bullion as well since most sold in 2011...... which would raise that to 2.6 million oz of silver.

Nearly two million ASEs sold in July alone.

5 oz ATB Vicksburg....2.99 over spot on Provident

2011 ASE....3.05 over spot on Provident

The ASEs are certainly more liquid by a factor of a bunch, but the fact that the ATBs remain .999 fine silver, feature some good designs and are actually cheaper at the moment per oz. than the ASE in some outlets is telling. On top of that the mintages are WAY lower.

Oops, just noticed this was a thread about the blasted ones! Oh well.
  • Ya but still all good points PF

• << <i>David Harper of NN chimes in on the declining sales of these..

Link >>

This guy is confused.

<< <i>This is the fifth design in a series that will offer 51 more. The final one will be offered in 2021. >>

Chickasaw is the 10th design. with 46 to go.

<< <i>Imagine that. Yesterday afternoon the Mint removed all order restrictions on the 2011 5-ounce Chickasaw National Recreation Area silver bullion coin just a week after it went on sale.

Sales began to its Authorized Purchaser network on July 18.

Now you can buy as many as you want. >>

Isn't he confusing the Yellowstone P with the Chickasaw bullion? There was never a limit on the 2011 bullions.

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yose is officially SOLD OUT from the Mint. Finally, stick a fork in NP3's. Hopefully for good this time.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>Yose is officially SOLD OUT from the Mint. Finally, stick a fork in NP3's. Hopefully for good this time. >>

It sure took them long enough to sell out. Things are really slowing down with this series.

• << <i>

<< <i>Yose is officially SOLD OUT from the Mint. Finally, stick a fork in NP3's. Hopefully for good this time. >>

It sure took them long enough to sell out. Things are really slowing down with this series. >>

From the feeding frenzy in the beginning with all the issues that have come there would have to be some fatigue. Geez it was a crazy road and people are certainly slowing down of course. Will new folks enter and gain interest. Certainly. At what rate? Not sure. The circulating quarters should begin to drive some of that interest.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

The country is in terrible shape right now and people are watching their money pretty close.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe looking at 50oz of overpremiumed silver in a short time frame for the 10s and 11s is a tad much for folks.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>The country is in terrible shape right now and people are watching their money pretty close. >>

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

• << <i>The country is in terrible shape right now and people are watching their money pretty close. >>

I watch it land on the gold and silver stack and sit back and smile image

<< <i>

<< <i>

It sure took them long enough to sell out. Things are really slowing down with this series. >>

From the feeding frenzy in the beginning with all the issues that have come there would have to be some fatigue. Geez it was a crazy road and people are certainly slowing down of course. Will new folks enter and gain interest. Certainly. At what rate? Not sure. The circulating quarters should begin to drive some of that interest. >>

You are certainly right....even the most passionate collector is going to be out of breath after the 2010 ATB bullion debacle, and now 2010 numismatics and 2011 bullion being sold at the same time.

My gut says the silver stackers are eventually going to discover they can get ATB bullion at a similar value as the ASE with the benefit of having something made in a much lower mintage. But who knows, the ASE has a large and very passionate base. Anyways, I'm looking forward to these ATBS coming out at a slower clip. This year has been ridiculous.

-PF

I know I am pucked out at this point. All of my collecting money is gone plus some.
    as of 7/21/11

link
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the system is fast today.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • yes it is

3796****
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    37963***
  • Signed, sealed and ...well not yet delivered in record breaking 6 minutes (as opposed to 45 minutes for Hot Springs)
    "The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".
    37964xxx
    37964xxx

2 ordered , 2 already sold.
    379671xx

Fastest order ever!

<< <i>379671xx

Fastest order ever! >>

Yup, I agree

37966XXX
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    379649xx

as of 7/28/11

• 37971xxx
    For the life of me I cannot understand why people feel the need to post their order.image

Let the flames begin.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file