Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Otherwise, it is a paperweight. >>

How about a premium 5oz silver coaster set then...

Imagine a 12 year scotch resting beautifully on a 5 oz silver coaster. ahhhhh just imagine how much the flavor will be enhanced. hehe >>

Now that is a great thought! Let me lean back in my chair, close my eyes and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Pure silver coaster set. S/B worth double/triple what APMEX offered if they are marketed right!

Who are those TV guys again?

• << <i>

Who are those TV guys again? >>

HSN? Danbury Mint? or the guy with the headset selling the shamwow?

Oh BTW, just received this email

Ship Conf. - Order #3779****

No, I think they are call the CoinShopper
  • The two I ordered on Wednesday are in process

The one I ordered two days later shipped yesterday,,,

• << <i>

<< <i>$200 was a good guess but to high lol

$185 is the answer.

I couldn't believe it. >>

Are you sure about this?

Apmex is offering $185 for an NP1?

Geez, that's something only JHCB would do. image >>

I've decided to just mail APMEX a check for $100 and avoid all the hassle of ordering the puck, taking time off from work to sign for it and mail it to them. Thank you for the pleasant transaction image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    GC delivered today
    My CC was hit when I looked first thing yesterday morning but no word from the Mint. Hum, collect the $$ but not shipping. Sounds like the Federal Government for ya.

I wonder if I will be a blue box with an "IOU one 5oz silver coin" inside!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I see the Vicksburg MS69 DMPL's have hit ebay and seem to be selling well with one seller having sold 4 of them so far north of $400.

Still 6 left on ebay if anyone wants to grab one before they are all gone.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Will be buying the Vicksburg. I missed out on the Olympic DMPL. I can't find one anywhere and decided not to wait for Apmex or MCM. I think the Dealers are shying away from submitting the DMPLs because of small profit margins. Look at the Gettysburg DMPLs. They have taken a dive. I could wait but the later DMPLs might not be First Strike Labeled.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My raw Vicks should be arriving any day -- hopefully will be some gradable. Should be spectacular in DMPL.

I've been waiting to see them hit MCM, figured they'd have them first. Only NGC's are available.

The Getty's in PCGS 69DMPL FS have softened, but I'm thinking once these get exposed more this fall, they will rebound. Pops report now shows 1160.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    The ones on ebay right now are as cheap as MCM will be offering them for. They are PCGS 69 DMPL 1st strike.
    MCM nor Apmex offered any of the Olympic in PCGS MS 69 DMPL. They are none on ebay either. The only ones I see are the PL versions. The Olympic FS deadline I believe was June 23 for the Olympics. I just bought the Vicksburg for $415 with my ebay bucks. About a $115 premium of what the Gettysburg are fetching. Well worth it.

Yea, I paid $425 for a Vicksburg too and still do not have a Olympic.
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>I just bought the Vicksburg for $415 with my ebay bucks. >>

Holy cow, you'd have to spend over $20k to accumulate that many bucks.

I had over $200 worth with my using the Bill me later and getting 5% back bonus plus 2% regular cashback. It adds up fast and makes it easy

to spend a little extra when these coins come up. I already have $90.00 for the next quarter.

• << <i>My raw Vicks should be arriving any day -- hopefully will be some gradable. Should be spectacular in DMPL.

I've been waiting to see them hit MCM, figured they'd have them first. Only NGC's are available. >>

Yes, we have the NGC at $349 (MS69DPL) on our website and expecting the PCGS to arrive any day now, price unknown but we always try to come in below what's happening on eBay.

John

John, how about the Olympic, do you have any of these in 69 DMPL? I want one if you do. PM me.
    No one has these DMPL Olympics. Where are they?

As for the $415, I only had $15 in ebay bucks. I offered a price at $430 for the Vicksburg. None of the past sellers on ebay have them I asked several sellers if they had anymore.

<< <i>

<< <i>My raw Vicks should be arriving any day -- hopefully will be some gradable. Should be spectacular in DMPL.

I've been waiting to see them hit MCM, figured they'd have them first. Only NGC's are available. >>

Yes, we have the NGC at $349 (MS69DPL) on our website and expecting the PCGS to arrive any day now, price unknown but we always try to come in below what's happening on eBay.

John >>

Thanks John for coming up -- your personal touch and insights on the forum is commendable, and a reason I am a loyal customer. I'll be watching your Vicks...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • John,
    I just bought Vicksburg NGC from you yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Love also the Gettysburg I just got from you. $349 is a great price for these.
  • Good news! We just dropped the Vicksburg NGC MS69DPL from $349 to $285. How's that for a good price? You may wonder why we would do that this early.... well we monitor competition pretty much 24/7 and found it elsewhere for $299. If you bought one at $349, don't panic, since we've only had the product for two days you will get a credit for the difference on Monday, you don't even have to call. If you do business with us you know we always try to have the lowest prices, and if we don't we will usually match or beat. Official price match policy is going on website in terms and conditions section tomorrow.

Thanks,
    John
    Whoa -- $285 for Vicks, NGC 69DPL ER, killer price from MCM!

[edited - didn't see John's post one minute before -- thanks John for the price drop!]
  • John,

When you get Veck PCGS MS69 DMPL, Do you mind to let me know the price? Thanks.

• PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Good news! We just dropped the Vicksburg NGC MS69DPL from $349 to $285. How's that for a good price? You may wonder why we would do that this early.... well we monitor competition pretty much 24/7 and found it elsewhere for $299. If you bought one at $349, don't panic, since we've only had the product for two days you will get a credit for the difference on Monday, you don't even have to call. If you do business with us you know we always try to have the lowest prices, and if we don't we will usually match or beat. Official price match policy is going on website in terms and conditions section tomorrow.

Thanks,
    John >>

Very commendable for a company to to credit back to folks who purchased at a higher price. $285 is a fine deal for a great coin in a high grade. Will pick up one or two.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • John,
    Thank you. It's great to do business with a company like MCM.
  • I got one. Thanks
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    Thinking about starting a collection of these pucks but just curious how do you store your pcgs/ngc slabbed pucks? Do they make storage boxes for them? If so do pcgs and ngc slabs both fit or is it like trying to put ngc into a blue box? Thanks
  • I've been keeping them in the shipping boxes that come back in from PCGS. I know that's not much help if you are buying them on the market

Keep in mind that the NGC are in much larger holders than the PCGS ones and take up much more room wherever you plan to store them.
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Yosemite is BACK ON SALE, no waiting list
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yosemite is BACK ON SALE, no waiting list >>

No quantity restriction on the YOS, GC has one per HH.

I wonder if the YOS listing is a mistake?
    So, based upon MCM's price reduction, is the market softening on the MS69 DMPL graded pucks? What about the P-pucks?
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I wonder if the YOS listing is a mistake? >>

Naw. They probably have a bunch of unsold coins and they just want to blow them out. I guess the novelty is starting wear off.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>

<< <i>

Naw. They probably have a bunch of unsold coins and they just want to blow them out. I guess the novelty is starting wear off. >>

So explain this sales report from the Mint titled "Sales through July 3rd"....

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ UNC COINS
    2010-P Hot Springs National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Yellowstone National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Yosemite National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Grand Canyon National Park 19,300 19,300
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Naw. They probably have a bunch of unsold coins and they just want to blow them out. I guess the novelty is starting wear off. >>

So explain this sales report from the Mint titled "Sales through July 3rd"....

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ UNC COINS
    2010-P Hot Springs National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Yellowstone National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Yosemite National Park 27,000* 0
    2010-P Grand Canyon National Park 19,300 19,300 >>

Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for these to suddenly go back onsale in unlimited quantities. Sure, there were returns, but were there that many returns to open it up for a free for all? Seems fishy; not in step with what's happened so far with these.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Hey man, that's a lot of Silver to move.

They still have 2010 Mt Hood, then they start on the 5 - 2011 designs, all by the end of the year, not to mention 2012 issues will be up soon after that.

Look at the bright side, they might not increase the mintage for the 2011 and they might decrease the price.

• Received ny GC today. It's going back due to two nick marks on GW's neckline. image
  • meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    My GC has obverse rim damage caused by the incuse lettering; starts at the "D" and ends at "M". Looks like the coin lifted during the incuse process. Ugly, but interesting.

• << <i>John,

When you get Veck PCGS MS69 DMPL, Do you mind to let me know the price? Thanks. >>

The Vicksburg PCGS MS69 DMPL are up at the bottom of the homepage at $299, won't have picture up until tomorrow afternoon.

John
  • Have bought 3 each time the P pucks came out. Sent to PCGS most all looked perfect except H.S. I got 1 SP70 out of each set except H.S. had to pick it up aftermarket. But Dang sure is hard to get a70.
  • I bought one of the NGC vicks 69 dpl's. NGC has not been giving dmpl's. Have they now changed their tune? Really interested to see?

<< <i>The Vicksburg PCGS MS69 DMPL are up at the bottom of the homepage at $299, won't have picture up until tomorrow afternoon.

John >>

Thanks John (dang! my NGC just shipped from you). What happened to the Glacier and Oly ATB's in PCGS MS69 DM? I don't recall seeing them on your site -- where they hard to get?
    No one has these Olympic PCGS First Strike DMPLs. Pop report is only 70 Up only 11 from last week. I would buy from MCM but they didn't have the PCGS Olympic DMPLs and was not sure they would have the Vicksburg. Even though I paid $130 more than MCM for the Vicksburg I wanted to secure one. I fought for the last PCGS First Strike Olympic DMPL on ebay last Sunday but a bidding war erupted and the final price was $530. There will be DMPLs I am sure of the Olympics but they most likely will not be First Strike since that deadline was June 23. I want a matched set.

PM me if you have an Olympic PCGS First Strike MS 69 DMPL.
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Vicksburg PCGS MS69 DMPL are up at the bottom of the homepage at $299, won't have picture up until tomorrow afternoon.

John >>

Thanks John (dang! my NGC just shipped from you). What happened to the Glacier and Oly ATB's in PCGS MS69 DM? I don't recall seeing them on your site -- where they hard to get? >>

We did not get any DMPL's on those, just PL's....

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Vicksburg PCGS MS69 DMPL are up at the bottom of the homepage at $299, won't have picture up until tomorrow afternoon. John >>

Ordered mine this morning. Thanks, John.

BTW - Your Grand Canyon NP4 arrives today and will go out to you today, also.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

John >>

Thanks John (dang! my NGC just shipped from you). What happened to the Glacier and Oly ATB's in PCGS MS69 DM? I don't recall seeing them on your site -- where they hard to get? >>

We did not get any DMPL's on those, just PL's....

John >>

Hi John,

I just looked up the current populations on these and see that they show only 69's. Do you know if all of your submissions came back 69? Just seems odd to me for bullion strikes.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    The pops report seems always lagging behind, thought it just wasn't current. There are NO Glacier 69DMs listed. 4 DMs only in lower grades. Were there die issues preventing DM grades?
    I didn't get any, so have no idea how they compare.

For Olympic, there are only 56 in 69DM FS. Anyone out there get a batch of either Oly or Glaciers and compare finishes to other issues?

EDITED: Glacier 69DM FS are available on eBay, so it appears they are more plentiful than Oly's. The Pops are unreliable.
  • "Hi John,

I just looked up the current populations on these and see that they show only 69's. Do you know if all of your submissions came back 69? Just seems odd to me for bullion strikes."

I am guessing we had a minimum grade of 69.
  • Thanks, John,

Just get both Olympic and Veck PCGS MS69 from you. Looking forward getting these coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file