Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i> Didn't the APs only order 19,000 Vicks, or is that old news? >>

old news "and every day the paper boy brings more"

the latest...

<< <i>The United States Mint will allocate an initial quantity of 126,700 Chickasaw Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins. This is the same mintage as each of the previous four 2011-dated issues...
    The third issue, the Olympic National Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coin, has sales of 80,700 as of July 11. The fourth Vicksburg National Military Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coin has sales of 21,800, also as of July 11. >>

link

<< <i>Will you give me 3 reasons why I should buy from APMEX as apposed to any other source? >>

1. They offered it first. Anytime I order with them I am upgraded to first in line with the other VIP members.
    2. Its only $10 shipping for any order any size if you are a VIP member.
    3. They usually have my coins or my check to me within a week.

Bonus: 4. My ATB discs have been nice and shiny. I received my 2010 set before xmas last year and they are all mirror like. Im not a fan of grading (i have never owned a slab) but I may stop in to see what my local professional thinks about them. I brought them in once to show him and he asked me to come back later. (It was the friday before the silver crash so he was kinda busy lol)
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't the APs only order 19,000 Vicks, or is that old news? To me, that means there could very possibly be another order meaning more 69DMs. I haven't kept up on first strike cutoffs on these (if there are any). >>

My inquiry to PCGS responded that the FS cutoff has yet to be posted -- but it is 30 days from date available. I seem to recall this was June 29?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>

<< <i> Didn't the APs only order 19,000 Vicks, or is that old news? >>

old news "and every day the paper boy brings more"

the latest...

<< <i>The United States Mint will allocate an initial quantity of 126,700 Chickasaw Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins. This is the same mintage as each of the previous four 2011-dated issues...
    The third issue, the Olympic National Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coin, has sales of 80,700 as of July 11. The fourth Vicksburg National Military Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coin has sales of 21,800, also as of July 11. >>

link

<< <i>Will you give me 3 reasons why I should buy from APMEX as apposed to any other source? >>

1. They offered it first. Anytime I order with them I am upgraded to first in line with the other VIP members.
    2. Its only $10 shipping for any order any size if you are a VIP member.
    3. They usually have my coins or my check to me within a week.

Bonus: 4. My ATB discs have been nice and shiny. I received my 2010 set before xmas last year and they are all mirror like. Im not a fan of grading (i have never owned a slab) but I may stop in to see what my local professional thinks about them. I brought them in once to show him and he asked me to come back later. (It was the friday before the silver crash so he was kinda busy lol) >>

Then the answer apparently is to be a VIP customer. I can understand a company wanting to take care of their best customers. But, to do it at the exclusion of potentially new customers, potentially new VIP customers, well, I feel they are shooting themselves in the foot. With the limited supply of an item, they had to decide who got the gold and who got the culls. The problem was the lack of integrity from the company when their actions were exposed and the ridiculous excuses they came up with trying to defend those actions.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Absolutely. I don't appreciate being lied to for months on end, then being played for a fool. What they did speaks volumes about their character, or lack of it. I said I would no longer do business with them and I meant it.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I think it has to do where you were on the order line for the Apmex PCGS FS ATBs. I was a new customer(only bought a 2008 platinum in 08 from them and got the 2010 69 PLs set from them. It was, I believe a lottery of the sign up list but not to say that loyal customers did not get preferential treatment.
    Where are the market makers for the PCGS Olympic First Strike MS 69 DMPLs? These are non existent.

• << <i>Where are the market makers for the PCGS Olympic First Strike MS 69 DMPLs? These are non existent. >>

MCM didn't ever have any. Not sure where they are
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

This morning there was a couple of MS69 DMPL's on ebay but they were not 1st strike.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I was very lucky to get in on the first round (December) round of orders with APMEX. However, holding them for months on end afterward seems a bit dodgy and they were obviously up to something. Not cool in my book; will always shop elsewhere first.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>This morning there was a couple of MS69 DMPL's on ebay but they were not 1st strike. >>

Two BIN's right now in the $500 + range. Too much for me but hey. Could be a buy

There do not seem to be many of these grading PCGS MS69 DMPL in either 1st strike or non 1st strike according to pop reports.
    I just bought an FS Olympic PL version. I have two 2010s in PL that I will upgrade later as well as this Olympic but the Olympic will be almost impossible to upgrade now in FS. Those PCGS DMPL Olympics on ebay for $500 would be gone in a second if they were FS. I think there will be plenty of these Olympic DMPLs if the demand is there, dealers will submit but they won't be First Strike.

The totals for the Olympic MS69 DMPL still are not going up. The 1st strikes are at 56 and the regular are at 62. Are they having a problem with

grading or are people just holding back because of the high price of having them graded?
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The totals for the Olympic MS69 DMPL still are not going up. The 1st strikes are at 56 and the regular are at 62. Are they having a problem with

grading or are people just holding back because of the high price of having them graded? >>

Maybe we are not getting current numbers. Not to complain too harshly to our host but I wish they would make a better effort to update the most recent issues. I just looked at the Glacier and it still shows no MS69 DMPL's yet they are all over for sale.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

It's the 2010's, Part Deux.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • I was notified today that my Chickasaw has shipped image Should be here tomorrow or Thurs.
  • I was really impressed with this one. I can see myself on both sides image Gorgeous! Love the design!

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    one of the big boys will eventually take a chance on a sealed box of olympics and strike in rich with DMPL's

and yes, they will be FS.

I wanted a first strike in the Olympia but was unable to get one so will have to be satisfied for the regular 69 DMPL for now. I have the other 3

in 1st strike though.
    Apmex has the Olympic PCGS DMPLs up on their web site but are currently out of stock. Did anybody see how much they were selling for? They were the regular label. I am on their confirmation list when they get more in.

No Chickasaw DMPLs yet only PLs are emerging.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Ok, anybody snag this one last night?

Link

I got my fingers jammed on the number keys and ran outta time...
    If the 2011s PCGS FS MS 70s sell for that I may be in to buying them. Past $350 no way.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well according to the PCGS price guide the prices are falling yet again.image
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, anybody snag this one last night?

Link

I got my fingers jammed on the number keys and ran outta time... >>

I sure missed that on. Argh. What a steal.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to get one of each P puck moving forward. I think that that would be a fun - if not a bit expensive - way to cost average into some more silver. Otherwise done with the pucks. Anyone else feel similar?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to get one of each P puck moving forward. I think that that would be a fun - if not a bit expensive - way to cost average into some more silver. Otherwise done with the pucks. Anyone else feel similar?

I've been pondering that question, and also the question of whether or not to stay with the Unc versions.

It seems like a classic game of "chicken" in terms of whether or not the mintages will drop off dramatically due to puck fatigue, thereby creating some highly-sought rarities that will be sellable for $$$$$$'s.

The fact that the Mint, in their usual fashion has created two versions of the same monstrous coin with different finishes in hopes that collectors will continue to bite - is aggravating to the max. They just don't have a clue about collectors, and never have.

I'm personally going to follow the developments at a distance, ready to come back if things get interesting. I may pick one or two of the issues that have some personal relevance and just go "all in" on them in hopes of a score down the road. For me, this is another series like the Gold Spouses and I'm not quite so obsessive as to "need" a full set.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    I am heading in the other direction with the MS 69 DMPLs. I can see some of these coins are having problems getting the designation of DMPL. The Ps though I believe will have low mintages from lack of demand and perhaps the cost of silver. If the numbers look low enough I may snag the low mintage ones. But there's no way to tell how many of the Ps they will mint. At least with the spouse issues you had an ideal of the possible mintages from past sales. Maybe the P Pucks will develop the same kind of mintage formula. We shall see.
    No Chickaswaw FS PCGS DMPLs? just PLs it seems. Guess I will have to forgo the First Strike Label and start collecting these DPLs in the Regular PCGS labels.

Good luck! I have not been able to find any.

<< <i>No Chickaswaw FS PCGS DMPLs? just PLs it seems. Guess I will have to forgo the First Strike Label and start collecting these DPLs in the Regular PCGS labels. >>

As with the 2010's, the current issues of this series are being manipulated by the AP's. It's a rigged game. And
    thanks to some of their "experiments" with the 2010's, they know exactly what the DMPL's look like. Since they
    control supply, they can create instant "rarities". So good luck with trying to navigate your way through the rest
    of this program. For me, there are just too many sharks in the water.

~ Vince Lombardi

I agree, the mint has managed to allow this to happen, it's just another screw up by them.
    Ah - conspiracy you say? Suspicious minds.

Take note of the only Oly DMPL FS available on eBay (or anywhere I can find). Can you say "Jack Hunt"?

On the other hand, do you REALLY think those "Mint Direct" (Oly) ATBs from the other AP (that sounds exactly like APMEX) are unfondled?

REALLY?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    If this was a conspiracy by the APs to hold back the DMPLs, I would expect more than 100 First Strike PCGS MS 69 DMPLs for the Olympic-more like the Gettysburg in the 1000 range. Some stated on this thread it could be the intricate designs causing a lack of DMPLs. Unless they are forgoing the First Strike Label and waiting to submit these later for the regular label to make a killing. I don't mind the Teddy Roosevelt label on these, just don't like the regular label on these.

• << <i>

<< <i>No Chickaswaw FS PCGS DMPLs? just PLs it seems. Guess I will have to forgo the First Strike Label and start collecting these DPLs in the Regular PCGS labels. >>

As with the 2010's, the current issues of this series are being manipulated by the AP's. It's a rigged game. And
    thanks to some of their "experiments" with the 2010's, they know exactly what the DMPL's look like. Since they
    control supply, they can create instant "rarities". So good luck with trying to navigate your way through the rest
    of this program. For me, there are just too many sharks in the water. >>

Agree 100%. If you exclude collectors on the bullion side, you surely (please don't call me) exclude many from the P collectors side. The Mint allowed this to happen and as such, will be responsible for its failure.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have some First Strike Chickasaw DMPLs but only 3 or so right away, and those will likely be < 69.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• If you don't care about the DMPL label, you might try Modern Coin Mart for a Chickasaw FS MS69PL as an option for $289 plus delivery. No guarantee of course, but the one I got was as reflective as any dmpls I have and wonder also if/why the grading is so far off.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image aboard M
  • Welcome, M!

Interesting how the Jack Hunt Olympic 69DMPL FS is bid up to $750 currently while there has been a non-FS one sitting on ebay for around $440 BIN. A large discrepancy considering how bogus FS has been with these. They didn't do a second round of Olympics did they?

Gotta love Jack....

Not affiliated with either auction/BIN.
    Can you provide a link to this Jack Hunt Olympic. Don't see it on ebay.
    Here's a link for the only 2 69 DMPL's at the moment. The $900 one is Jack's.

DMPL

~ Vince Lombardi
  • $500 for first strike. Hmmmmmm Crazy man...........crazy
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    JH Olympic ends in less than an hour. I don't care what it ends at...I just wanna see the final tally for the number of bids by the one guy...32 Bids so far....image

OK. Here's Jack's ended at $1,075 HERE

While the non FS MS69 DMPL is still offered at BIN $439 HERE

Pretty steep premium for just a "label".

~ Vince Lombardi

Out of the 10 so far I have 6 of them in PCGS MS 69 DMPL 1st strike and 1 in non 1st strike.

I think I am going to be forced to stick with the non 1st strike from now on unless I come up with a bargain.

Jack Hunt is one of the reasons why.
    Insane price of $1K for that Olympic with 126,000 of these. Not for a 69 DMPL. Perhaps PCGS can make up another label that does not have the FS like the Roosevelt used for the Ps.

• << <i>OK. Here's Jack's ended at $1,075 HERE

While the non FS MS69 DMPL is still offered at BIN $439 HERE

Pretty steep premium for just a "label". >>

Phew.....a $500 premium for a label! I wonder if part of that premium gets you into Jack's "Circle of Trust?"

Another Olympic 69DM FS here.

Not affiliated.....but I wish I was....
  • The whole problem as I see it is the fox guarding the chicken coop. Or should I say the mad scientist conducting his "experiments."
    Looks like a bidding war between a couple of relatively new ebay'rs. Then sniped at the last second by a 3rd party.

That was the first one on the block for while -- we'll see if the price holds. Another just popped up, different seller.

I agree, silly price for a silly label.
  • Thanks for the welcome! New PCGS member here. Wanted to note that from the website, it looks like 339 Olympic 69 DMPL (FS) have been graded, so those are probably going to come to market soon. Maybe price will go down. Same with Chickasaw, 298 graded FS 69DMPL - only PLs were showing recently. Good luck to those trying to get these!
  • Deleted, double post

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file