Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    The only one I want now is Vicksburg, and I will wait for MCM.

Are they submitting these for DMPLs. Last count on the Vicksburg was only 19K sold to the APs. Do you think the U.S. Mint will melt the ones that do not sell to the APs? These could turn out to be like the presidential dollars. Seems like the ASEs are still the most popular for bullion.

Can they end this program from lack of demand? 19K seems to tell me the APs don't want to deal with these?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>The only one I want now is Vicksburg, and I will wait for MCM.

Are they submitting these for DMPLs. Last count on the Vicksburg was only 19K sold to the APs. Do you think the U.S. Mint will melt the ones that do not sell to the APs? These could turn out to be like the presidential dollars. Seems like the ASEs are still the most popular for bullion.

Can they end this program from lack of demand? 19K seems to tell me the APs don't want to deal with these? >>

19k is just initial... this doesn't mean they couldn't order more and there is a lot of 2011 left to go. This is also the slow time of the season with slumping commodities prices. An order of 19k should be no surprise. These hardly have caught on as a way to buy bullion. Remember, the 2010s were pretty darn hard to get ahold of. If silver starts to make a run up and folks realize these exist and can be easily purchased, they will sell!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

I was just thinking about the math and the first '4 - 2011's' have already out cost the '5 - 2010's'. by $152 (so far)

For me

5-2010= $905
    4-2011= $1057

fyi... first 4 unc collectors mint ed = 2010 X 4 = $1140 final price $1425 (sound familiar?) which was the price APMEX was charging for the bullion before the mint made then sell it for $850.

If the mint prices do not come down, 2010 is as far as i'm going to collect, and sell them to finance the bullion version. Unless, the mint announces a low mintage of 10,000 or less. Then it might be worth collecting.

• Options

<< <i>I was just thinking about the math and the first '4 - 2011's' have already out cost the '5 - 2010's'. by $152 (so far)

For me

5-2010= $905
    4-2011= $1057

fyi... first 4 unc collectors mint ed = 2010 X 4 = $1140 final price $1425 (sound familiar?) which was the price APMEX was charging for the bullion before the mint made then sell it for $850.

If the mint prices do not come down, 2010 is as far as i'm going to collect, and sell them to finance the bullion version. Unless, the mint announces a low mintage of 10,000 or less. Then it might be worth collecting. >>

I don't see the mint announcing a low mintage in the future. If it happens it will just happen.
  • Options
    I will not be buying the 2011 SP P versions even if they lower the price. I will just focus on the bullion.
  • Options

<< <i>I will not be buying the 2011 SP P versions even if they lower the price. I will just focus on the bullion. >>

Things should really start to spread out a bit. I'm sure I'll be in for one of all that comes.
  • Options
    I don't think thing the public knows the difference between the two types of ATB coins. I'm selling on eBay one of my bullion coins that was graded low by PCGS. A buyer just asked if I was including the Mint packaging and capsule with it
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will not be buying the 2011 SP P versions even if they lower the price. I will just focus on the bullion. >>

Me too.
  • Options
    I'm done with the pucks. It was fun, and I learned a lot, but burnout has set in. I accomplished my goal of getting the coins I want and will only buy select parks that I like, rather than series.
  • Options

I am winding down now too. I have all the 68 PL and DMPL's and only need one more of the PL's on the 69's . The DMPL 69's are another story

as I still need 3 of those and am having a tough time coming up with the money it takes to get them. I am just going to collect the 69 DMPL,s

from here on. I already have the first 2.
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Anybody buy a 2010 PCGS MS69DMPL First Strike set from APMEX for $2999? image
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody buy a 2010 PCGS MS69DMPL First Strike set from APMEX for $2999? image >>

I really had to hold myself back. Good thing I won't buy anything from them again.
  • Options
    How many did they put in stock to begin with?
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>How many did they put in stock to begin with? >>

Not sure how that panned out. Surprised they waited until summer to dump them though. image
  • Options

I am surprised they dumped them now just when prices of the 69's are starting to go up. I was watching the Hot

springs 69 PL's yesterday and they are going over $400 now. I think these higher grades are going to keep increasing.
  • Options
    Wait, where did they get 69DMPLs from?..... oh I remember. That's why I got my kiss my "A"** box. They have 18 sets in stock as of 9:00am.
  • Options

Gee, maybe that was why they were buying all those junk sets we were selling to them.

I bet they turned all those junk sets into MS69 DMPL's.

Or maybe they used those to create all of the "A" sets they sent out !

But they wouldn't do that would they.

Such an honorable company like they are!
  • Options

<< <i>Gee, maybe that was why they were buying all those junk sets we were selling to them.

I bet they turned all those junk sets into MS69 DMPL's.

Or maybe they used those to create all of the "A" sets they sent out !

But they wouldn't do that would they.

Such an honorable company like they are! >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Looks like break even on these sets on eBay after the fees etc.
    Seems a lot of people are tryingbto flip these when the flipping days are long over.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    http://www.coinnews.net/2011/07/07/us-mint-sales-proof-silver-eagles-grant-covers-grand-canyon-5-oz-debut/

US Mint Sales: Bullion Coins
    Gettysburg 5 Oz Silver 126,700
    Glacier 5 Oz Silver 126,700
    Olympic 5 Oz Silver 73,400
    Vicksburg 5 Oz Silver 19,000

do you think that number for Vicksburg will change? hmmmmmm
  • Options

<< <i>http://www.coinnews.net/2011/07/07/us-mint-sales-proof-silver-eagles-grant-covers-grand-canyon-5-oz-debut/

US Mint Sales: Bullion Coins
    Gettysburg 5 Oz Silver 126,700
    Glacier 5 Oz Silver 126,700
    Olympic 5 Oz Silver 73,400
    Vicksburg 5 Oz Silver 19,000

do you think that number for Vicksburg will change? hmmmmmm >>

Of course it will change. There is so much catch up to do and going into the slow summer the dealers slowed their buying of course. Will it come in at 19000? Not a chance.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure when Vicksburg came out, but I think it has been two weeks or less.

Yes, I think it will change.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    The United States Mint indicated today that the 2011 Vicksburg National Military Park Silver Bullion Coins will be made available for ordering to its network of authorized purchasers

beginning on Monday, June 20, 2011.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody buy a 2010 PCGS MS69DMPL First Strike set from APMEX for $2999? image >>

I really had to hold myself back. Good thing I won't buy anything from them again. >>

Sales over $3795 for wire, $3900 with CC.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it looks like PCGS has updated the price guide and the prices have dropped even more.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I would have been happy with 2 of those sets compared to the 6 raw sets I ended up buying.

I mean only 10 coins to store instead of 30 and easier to sell at a later date.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Even the Vicksburg at 19K, I don't see many dealers submitting for First Strike. The Olympic DMPLs have dried up. Seems like a glut of these Gettysburg DMPLs and the dealers are lowering prices. If there is no profit in these, will they submit for FS DMPL designation? I want a matched 2011 DMPL FS set.
  • Options

<< <i>

I would have been happy with 2 of those sets compared to the 6 raw sets I ended up buying.

I mean only 10 coins to store instead of 30 and easier to sell at a later date. >>

Although tempting, I ended up not purchasing the set from them because of my personal experience with their manipulation of the pucks. I decided my integrity was more important. When I committed to not patronizing their company, I meant it.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figures...I didn't check this thread for a few days and missed the APMEX 69DMPL sale. Argh!

When did it start and stop?

Did they email info on the sale to their customers? If so, I didn't get an email.

Was there an order limit on these?

I can't believe that I missed them :-(

I wonder whether they'll hit $3K on FeeBay this summer.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Didn't realize they went up to $3700 again. Must have has a lot of sales at $2999. I called Apmex today and asked a manager if they will be offering the Olympic and Vicksburg in PCGS DMPL 69s. They wouldn't tell me because they don't know. Sometimes they buy these from other dealers. Maybe they are not submitting these themselves.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the $2999 sale for a set of 2010 MS69DMPLs??

Was there a purchase limit?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When was the $2999 sale for a set of 2010 MS69DMPLs?? Was there a purchase limit? >>

They have been available for the past few days, I even checked yesterday to see how many were left (there were 12). There was no purchase limit. I was very tempted to pick up three or four, but just couldn't justify tying up so much capital on something that has lost so much of its luster (temporarily, I hope)...
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When was the $2999 sale for a set of 2010 MS69DMPLs??

Was there a purchase limit? >>

Price just went up to $3,795.00

Linkified
  • Options

I wonder how many sets they sent in to PCGS to get all those.
  • Options

<< <i>Well it looks like PCGS has updated the price guide and the prices have dropped even more. >>

Can you give us an idea of current prices?

Thx
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you give us an idea of current prices? >>

PCGS Price Guide - ATB
  • Options
    Chickasaw gettin' ready to roll out.

2011 Chickasaw ATB 5 oz Silver Coin | Chickasaw National Park

Availability: Coming Soon.
    Cash Discount Price ?
    $205.65
    List Price ?
    $211.80

http://www.providentmetals.com/2011-america-the-beautiful-5-oz-silver-coin-chickasaw-national-park.html
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how many sets they sent in to PCGS to get all those. >>

I'd guess about 3000.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well it looks like PCGS has updated the price guide and the prices have dropped even more. >>

Can you give us an idea of current prices?

Thx >>

Well it looks like about half the 2010's have gone down in the last 3 months roughly 30%, for example a Yellowstone FirstStike MS69PL went down 30% and a Yosemite FirstStrike MS 69 DMPL went down 55%.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I wonder how many sets they sent in to PCGS to get all those. >>

I'd guess about 3000. >>

Man.....how the heck did you ever guess that? image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can you give us an idea of current prices? >>

PCGS Price Guide - ATB >>

So, how far off are the guide prices from reality?
    I have some I am looking to sell but I doubt I could get near guide prices....are they way way off or what?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "are they way way off or what?"

Way off.

Way, way, off

Way, way, way off

I will try to speak with the Price Guide editor later this week about it.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Mitch, would you say they are bullion or above for the MS68PL/DMPL or higher?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    The DMPLs are the mints version of the proof for these. Looks like they are about $130 premium over spot for the PCGS DMPL 69s. Wonder if these will hold at this pricing. Maybe a problem with the Olympics on DMPLs, so maybe some issues will command more.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bochiman-My comment pertained mainly to the higher grades in the price guide (e.g. MS69DMPL coins). They are obviously way off now. But, as to your question, I do believe the coins are a little better than "bullion" +$3/oz. on the 68DMPL and slightly lower grades right now (especially the 68DMPL grade). But, if silver were to make a "decent" move (perhaps back to near $45-$50/oz.), much of that premium would IMHO likely be evaporated.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mint taking Chickasaw orders from AP's starting July 18.

coin news

<< <i>The United States Mint will allocate an initial quantity of 126,700 Chickasaw Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins. This is the same mintage as each of the previous four 2011-dated issues. >>

• Options
    Chickasaw now on sale at Apmex for July 29 delivery.

Chickasaw @ Apmex link
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>The DMPLs are the mints version of the proof for these. Looks like they are about $130 premium over spot for the PCGS DMPL 69s. Wonder if these will hold at this pricing. Maybe a problem with the Olympics on DMPLs, so maybe some issues will command more. >>

Didn't the APs only order 19,000 Vicks, or is that old news? To me, that means there could very possibly be another order meaning more 69DMs. I haven't kept up on first strike cutoffs on these (if there are any).
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chickasaw now on sale at Apmex for July 29 delivery.

Chickasaw @ Apmex link >>

Will you give me 3 reasons why I should buy from APMEX as apposed to any other source?
    Their price is $3 higher and shipping $4 higher for single units than another dealer besides the fact that APMEX is contemptuous of their customers and bald faced liars?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Chickasaw now on sale at Apmex for July 29 delivery.

Chickasaw @ Apmex link >>

Will you give me 3 reasons why I should buy from APMEX as apposed to any other source?
    Their price is $3 higher and shipping $4 higher for single units than another dealer besides the fact that APMEX is contemptuous of their customers and bald faced liars? >>

I can't give a singe reason. So many better options.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file