Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Why not just submit your own coins and then you would know what is going on. I would not let someone else submit coins for me.
  • Options
    Looks like silvertowne will have a new set of 69`s for sale soon
  • Options

<< <i>Why not just submit your own coins and then you would know what is going on. I would not let someone else submit coins for me. >>

i dont have a account .....they are supposed to be shipped direct back
    to me not silvertowne
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options

It is cheaper to get an account than to get someone else to submit it for you and i know I feel more comfortable with doing it myself. I don't remember what the minimum fees are to allow submissions but it is not that much,
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    It only costs $49 to join PCGS collectors club and you can submit to NGC for free if you are an ANA member.......
  • Options

Looks like this dealer is making his own ms70pl set lol

Linked
  • Options

Nice looking coins and holders but don't look like 70's to me.
  • Options
    Thats the cheapest price yet for MS 70`s I wonder if he has multiples for sale plus they are NGAS`s that makes them even more rare doesn't it. Should be able to flip them for that MOON money. I think they are really certified NAGS though
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine & Dads grades with one A-Mark set left at PCGS:

That one MS66DM is a real shame too. It took a good hit right on George's cheek. Otherwise it is a BEAUTIFUL coin! >>

Those are pretty amazing grades. You should be thrilled. I've had at least four a mark sets. None were especially nice. My APMEX and MTB sets were far better. I have one last f trade set on the way, hopefully in air tires & and hopefully nice. Still need a PCGS MS69PL MH. Would be great to get it in that last f trade. Otherwise hopefully I can trade another 69pl for it.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Sure wish I had more $$. Those A-Marks were beauts. >>

Im starting to think I was the only person to receive an A-Mark set that pretty much sucked. Upper lip hits visable without out a loop on 4 of the five coins and all with heavy die polish. Sold them on Ebay without thinking twice of grading them. >>

You're definitely not alone, as I've noted a lot of my a marks really sucked.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how many total A-Mark had to sell but my set is order #37XX . I ordered it a week ago and still in processing.
    Hope to get a good set but will be happy no matter what.
    What are most folks doing with other raw sets? Leaving them raw?
    Getting them all graded or just sending in the cherry picked ones for grading?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Can anyone confirms that you can use "Modern" service to grade ATB puck? >>

No, you must use Regular service. Period. >>

Why "must" you use regular service? MOdern says 1956 to date for coins with a maximum value of $1k. The vast majority (unless MS 69 DM) are selling for less then $1k on ebay. It seems like it's within the rules for Modern submission. >>

Because PCGS has stated you need to use the regular service.
    Their service, their rules. If you question it, you should call their customer service line, M-F, and they can explain it in detail to you. >>

That is their way of getting a higher fee for the larger holders. NGC simply charges an extra $25/puck. Either way the larger holders cost more than the standard size ones.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is their way of getting a higher fee for the larger holders. NGC simply charges an extra $25/puck. Either way the larger holders cost more than the standard size ones. >>

Yes, but the least PCGS could do is update their forms or their website to officially announce the pricing.
  • Options
    I would not complain about PCGS services on a PCGS chat forum with coins being graded at PCGS. Your order is liable to come back spit on, don`t piss off the cook.I think PCGS is by far the best grading service, with the best prices and service. Come on MS -70.
  • Options
    I wish PCGS could come up with an optional Circular Slab so I can better display the coins in. They could always make a thinner tag that circles the outer rim of such a slab. Or even a triangular slab where the coins sit in the middle of the slab and the grading info is in the 3 corners of the Triangular slab. The more options for display purposes would definately throw PCGS lightyears ahead of the competition. Think of apple and their multi colored ipods that threw them beyond the mp3 player competition.

That's my Billion dollar suggestion to PCGS! I hope they realize the value of my suggestion before their competition jumps on it. hahaha.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would not complain about PCGS services on a PCGS chat forum with coins being graded at PCGS. Your order is liable to come back spit on, don`t piss off the cook.I think PCGS is by far the best grading service, with the best prices and service. Come on MS -70. >>

So you're stating PCGS will spit on my coins if they trace a complaint to my coins?

Maybe I should stick with NGC.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would not complain about PCGS services on a PCGS chat forum with coins being graded at PCGS. Your order is liable to come back spit on, don`t piss off the cook.I think PCGS is by far the best grading service, with the best prices and service. Come on MS -70. >>

So you're stating PCGS will spit on my coins if they trace a complaint to my coins?

Maybe I should stick with NGC. >>

Just look for the milk spots
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know how many total A-Mark had to sell but my set is order #37XX . I ordered it a week ago and still in processing.
    Hope to get a good set but will be happy no matter what.
    What are most folks doing with other raw sets? Leaving them raw?
    Getting them all graded or just sending in the cherry picked ones for grading? >>

Depends on your end goal...I believe I am in the minority of keeping my set raw. That is because it is for me. I can always get it graded later (looks like 68's, maybe 1 or 2 69's, a few PL and maybe one DMPL) or buy a nice high end graded set if silver falls, but I am not thinking it will anytime soon.

I did not cherrypick as I sold two open sets to MCM and they are making an honest purchase on an honest un-cherrypicked set.

I am curious to see how many of the sets get slabbed in the end...they had a good start with A-Mark slabbing 3700+, 11% of them right off the bat. The unknown would be how many of these are regraded.
  • Options
    I plan on keeping a pl69 set and selling the rest although it hurts to sell my 3 69dmpls but I need the money for my vacationimage
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

That one MS66DM is a real shame too. It took a good hit right on George's cheek. Otherwise it is a BEAUTIFUL coin! >>

Those are pretty amazing grades. You should be thrilled. I've had at least four a mark sets. None were especially nice. My APMEX and MTB sets were far better. I have one last f trade set on the way, hopefully in air tires & and hopefully nice. Still need a PCGS MS69PL MH. Would be great to get it in that last f trade. Otherwise hopefully I can trade another 69pl for it. >>

True..... I can't complain about the grades overall. My problem is, after seeing the coins, having them in hand, etc... I know, (at least it think I just KNOW) that these are going to tone & spot badly over time. I may just sell them all. After looking at my ASE's get milkspots over the years, I cant imagine these will be any better.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Im starting to think I was the only person to receive an A-Mark set that pretty much sucked. Upper lip hits visable without out a loop on 4 of the five coins and all with heavy die polish. Sold them on Ebay without thinking twice of grading them. >>

You're definitely not alone, as I've noted a lot of my a marks really sucked. >>

Hi Ron, I should have none that if anyone had a good and bad sets of these from A-mark it would have been you. image By the way, not sure if I ever got back to you on a prior PM conversation, I ended up with the colt AR CAR, to cheap to pay for the the LWRC or the ACR, but I am now eying up a FN five-seven pistol. Need to sell some coins to buy it, take care!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Those are pretty amazing grades. You should be thrilled. I've had at least four a mark sets. None were especially nice. My APMEX and MTB sets were far better. I have one last f trade set on the way, hopefully in air tires & and hopefully nice. Still need a PCGS MS69PL MH. Would be great to get it in that last f trade. Otherwise hopefully I can trade another 69pl for it. >>

True..... I can't complain about the grades overall. My problem is, after seeing the coins, having them in hand, etc... I know, (at least it think I just KNOW) that these are going to tone & spot badly over time. I may just sell them all. After looking at my ASE's get milkspots over the years, I cant imagine these will be any better. >>

So after having them graded by PCGS what is the best way to store these?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received another email from fidelitrade this morning confirming my order and telling me to expect them in a couple weeks. This is the last set I am buying and will see what they look like with the new packaging. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Q]...... >>

............ True..... I can't complain about the grades overall. My problem is, after seeing the coins, having them in hand, etc... I know, (at least it think I just KNOW) that these are going to tone & spot badly over time. I may just sell them all. After looking at my ASE's get milkspots over the years, I cant imagine these will be any better. >>

I would think the doctors' eyes lit up when they saw these! So how long before the ATs begin showing up? Rainbows over Mt Hood! Double Rainbows in the Grand Canyon! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fourth puck set submisson. Not a cherrypicked set:

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19469471 506578 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2 1 19469472 506583 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    3 1 19469473 506591 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    4 1 19469474 506574 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    5 1 19469475 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was offered a PCGS FS 69PL set at the SAC ANA, no idea what would have been a good price for it.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

Nice grades! congrats!
  • Options

<< <i>My fourth puck set submisson. Not a cherrypicked set:

5 1 19469475 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL >>

Fantastic set! Not cherrypicked...WOW. Where was the set from? Congrats.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

True..... I can't complain about the grades overall. My problem is, after seeing the coins, having them in hand, etc... I know, (at least it think I just KNOW) that these are going to tone & spot badly over time. I may just sell them all. After looking at my ASE's get milkspots over the years, I cant imagine these will be any better. >>

So after having them graded by PCGS what is the best way to store these? >>

In Intercept Shield boxes IMHO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image

You're definitely not alone, as I've noted a lot of my a marks really sucked. >>

Hi Ron, I should have none that if anyone had a good and bad sets of these from A-mark it would have been you. image By the way, not sure if I ever got back to you on a prior PM conversation, I ended up with the colt AR CAR, to cheap to pay for the the LWRC or the ACR, but I am now eying up a FN five-seven pistol. Need to sell some coins to buy it, take care! >>

Good to hear from you! Please check your pm.....

R-
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Well, I have never used NGC before, but they were grading PL while PCGS was not, and I had a super nice Mt Hood, so I sent it to ngc. That is about the same time that ngc quit specifying PL..so it came back 69.

Since pcgs was then grading some PL, I sent it to them for a crossover....Yay, ms69DM! It was a long trip but a great destination.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I have never used NGC before, but they were grading PL while PCGS was not, and I had a super nice Mt Hood, so I sent it to ngc. That is about the same time that ngc quit specifying PL..so it came back 69.

Since pcgs was then grading some PL, I sent it to them for a crossover....Yay, ms69DM! It was a long trip but a great destination. >>

Ouch.. so you had to pay for grading twice!
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but worth it for DM...I almost have a set now.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    To get a grade like that it was worth it.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, but worth it for DM...I almost have a set now. >>

Yeh you're right, well worth it. I wonder what's going on with NGC to stop grading PL. If yours came back DM then it was OBVIOUSLY PL. SO what's goin on with them? =
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yeh you're right, well worth it. I wonder what's going on with NGC to stop grading PL. If yours came back DM then it was OBVIOUSLY PL. SO what's goin on with them? = >>

I didn't send in my 2 sets of Amarks to be graded but since they are currently giving out higher grades I am wondering if this is a mistake. 10 years from now, before I sell, when I send them in if the culture has changed again and they aren't grading many PL or DM. What would you do? After buying 5 ATB sets I am tight on money.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeh you're right, well worth it. I wonder what's going on with NGC to stop grading PL. If yours came back DM then it was OBVIOUSLY PL. SO what's goin on with them? = >>

I didn't send in my 2 sets of Amarks to be graded but since they are currently giving out higher grades I am wondering if this is a mistake. 10 years from now, before I sell, when I send them in if the culture has changed again and they aren't grading many PL or DM. What would you do? After buying 5 ATB sets I am tight on money. >>

Strike while the iron is hot.
  • Options

<< <i>My fourth puck set submisson. Not a cherrypicked set:

5 1 19469475 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL >>

Which AP / dealer did these come from.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, the ANACS 70 set that didn't sell for 24,999 was relisted at 24,799. That huge reduction will surely lead to a quick saleimage What a dreamer!

ANACS 70 set
  • Options

<< <i>Oh boy, the ANACS 70 set that didn't sell for 24,999 was relisted at 24,799. That huge reduction will surely lead to a quick saleimage What a dreamer!

ANACS 70 set >>

I've been waiting for a chance to use my EBay Bucks! (Hi everyone! First post on the CU forums - newbie coming over from Cointalk!)
    Ebay Seller -> Semper_Fi_Silver_and_More
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been waiting for a chance to use my EBay Bucks! (Hi everyone! First post on the CU forums - newbie coming over from Cointalk!) >>

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are my grades on the final coins I sent in. All A-Mark sets. I did get a MS69PL set, that was kinda cool.

1 1 19757461 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2 1 19757462 506583 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    3 1 19757463 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    4 1 19757464 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    5 1 19757465 506574 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    6 1 19757466 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS62
    7 1 19757467 506579 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    8 1 19757468 506578 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    9 1 19757469 506578 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    10 1 19757470 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    11 1 19757471 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67PL
    12 1 19757472 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    13 1 19757473 506591 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    14 1 19757474 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    15 1 19757475 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fourth puck set submisson. Not a cherrypicked set:

5 1 19469475 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL

This was an AMARK set.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh boy, the ANACS 70 set that didn't sell for 24,999 was relisted at 24,799. That huge reduction will surely lead to a quick saleimage What a dreamer!

ANACS 70 set >>

I've been waiting for a chance to use my EBay Bucks! (Hi everyone! First post on the CU forums - newbie coming over from Cointalk!) >>

Welcome to the forums!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

ANACS 70 set >>

I emailed a question to him and asked to see a pic of the coins, he then posted a pic of the label only, no coins.. He said he would show me the coins if I bought them... Not gonna buy what I cant see..
  • Options
    Haha.. the seller scratched out the 69 in the photo...
  • Options
    Well some of my grades are in, One set is from MTB, one from Fidelitrade and one Dillon Gauge.

. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Well some of my grades are in, One set is from MTB, one from Fidelitrade and one Dillon Gauge.

. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS67DM
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
    2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL >>

Wow, RobertS. Congrats! You scored!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

I agree on both counts.

I now have some regrets about selling some NGC69 sets as I KNOW that some of them would have been DMs. Of course, I sold when they were high, so can't really complaiin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file