Home Sports Talk

College Football 2010

15678911»

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    TCU's win means nothing. "Big" 10 is by far the most overrated conference in the history of college sports.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

In my opinion it means a lot more than "nothing." TCU is a non-aq school so just to get into a BCS game is great. For them to win a game is even better. First non-big school to win the Rose Bowl since 1936 or some such year. Seems like something to me.

I am not saying TCU is the best team in the country and am not saying they would win a playoff if we had it. However, the win means far more than "nothing" except to some bitter hater who just likes spewing... in my opinion.
    Wrong again as usual.

and you aren't an alt right? image

Sorry LSU had a tough year!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>TCU's win means nothing. "Big" 10 is by far the most overrated conference in the history of college sports. >>

Wrong. Big ten has the most national championships. >>

Wrong again as usual.

If you are strictly talking college football championships, the Ivy League wins that one.

>>

In what world is the ivy league a major football conference? image

• << <i>

and you aren't an alt right? image

Sorry LSU had a tough year!
    >>

I was thinking the same thing image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TCU won- they deserve credit and congrats is in order. Being a Badger basher is really not reasonable nor is it appropriate- Wisconsin had a good season-it obviously did not end with a win.

In these discussions, it seems that we loose sight of more important issues such as sportsmanship- being a good winner and a good looser

TCU has a great football tradition that most just do not appreciate because it dates back several decades- Davey O'Brien - imagine that- it is the guy the Trophy is named after

The team that beat Syracuse and Jim Brown in the Orange Bowl- ( I think it was the Orange Bowl 28-27)

Appreciating the moment and what we experienced seeing the game seems more important than having the last word- what we saw was more important that the last word

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• As my dad and I were walking around before the Lightning game last night we saw the Gators team buses pull into their hotel on Harbour Island. I was within about 10 feet of Urban Meyer. It was too dark for a picture but I'm not sure I would have taken one even with perfect lighting...Urban was clearly pretty emotional about it all but it was really a cool thing to see. I'm not a Gator fan at all, but having lived in Florida my entire life I fully understand the significance of what I saw last night. Urban Meyer getting off the team bus after coaching his last football game for the Florida Gators-pretty awesome.
    Very cool Goot!
    Stanford v. Va Tech in what should be an interesting game. Stanford played a great season except the 4th quarter against Oregon. Va Tech played a great season except the game against the 1aa school they lost to (spacing on name). Stanford favored by 3.5. I think Stanford will cover but I think Vatech has come a long way since those first two losses.

• << <i>Stanford v. Va Tech in what should be an interesting game. Stanford played a great season except the 4th quarter against Oregon. Va Tech played a great season except the game against the 1aa school they lost to (spacing on name). Stanford favored by 3.5. I think Stanford will cover but I think Vatech has come a long way since those first two losses. >>

Harbaugh could be headed to Michigan.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Harbaugh could be headed to Michigan. >>

Could they do any worse at this point? image
  • Why would Harbaugh go to Michigan for $3-4 million when he could get $5-7 million in the NFL?
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard an interesting stat on Ohio St football on the radio this morning.......0-9 against SEC teams in bowl games all time. Wonder if they will end that skid tonight?
    Arkansas is also 0-3 against the Big Ten in bowl games.

Ohio State is 19-22 in post season bowl games, with 7 National Titles.

Arkansas is 12–22–3 in post season bowl games, with 1 National Title.

Should be interesting! image

GO BUCKS!!!
    Ohio State by 3.5 tonight and I think they will cover that.
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stanford played a great season except the 4th quarter against Oregon."

Larry Oregon was down 21 to 3 after the first quarter. After that the Ducks smoked Stanford 49 to 10. I think Stanford actually had 3 bad quarters this year.

"GO DUCKS"

Ken
    Larry Oregon was down 21 to 3 after the first quarter. After that the Ducks smoked Stanford 49 to 10. I think Stanford actually had 3 bad quarters this year.

Ok, maybe it was last year that Stanford played a bad 4th against Oregon but my point remains the same they played all but 3 quarters, of the season, great and for that they get... absolutely nothing. Well, an Orange Bowl win is big for them but it's all about the one game.

Go Ducks!
  • Can't believe Mallet gave up that pic after his team blocked the punt and gave Ark such great field position. Damn...I actually thought he Hogs might pull it out for a second there.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Buckeyes cover. No worries. image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Who was worried? HA!!! ((flex))

• If you watched the game, you saw how difficult it is to stop a player like Terrelle Pryor. Oregon found out last year, and they will have the same challenge against Auburn.

Ohio State......6-3 in BCS games.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Where's Edmundfitzgerald??

You know, the SEC LOVER that refuses to identify "HIS" team?

Cam Heyward was a leader of men last night.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Heyward is the man... has to be a first rounder.
    I assume LSU will beat A & M tomorrow night but I haven't been following either team too closely. Who you rooting and/or betting for? I know at least one ALT who will be rooting for LSU, eh!? image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LSU should win- I think there is a possibility of bigger things unfolding later

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

LSU will roll, but in an odd geographical twist their coach will conclude it's Les Miles to go to Ann Arbor than back to Baton Rouge.
    Ron Burgundy

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>LSU will roll, but in an odd geographical twist their coach will conclude it's Les Miles to go to Ann Arbor than back to Baton Rouge. >>

Very punny image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

• << <i>Where's Edmundfitzgerald??

image >>

You're joking, right ? image
    Need we get into a discussion about Ohio State and the SEC ?? image

• << <i>

<< <i>Where's Edmundfitzgerald??

image >>

You're joking, right ? image
    Need we get into a discussion about Ohio State and the SEC ?? image >>

How has the big 10 done against your team?
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    who IS his team?

who IS his team?

Florida State I believe.
    Go Ducks!
  • Should be a dandy tonight!
    To tie a bow on the season I guess it's hard to argue about the SEC being the best conference. Who is second? I feel that the Big 12, Big 10 and Pac 10 are all pretty close this year. I think the need for a playoff is becoming more and more evident each year. I am not saying TCU would beat Auburn but I wish they could have a chance. A playoff system would give them that chance. It's so simple I don't know why the NCAA is holding back. It would be HUGE money. The fact that people watch meaningless bowl games would continue as you could easily have all the crappy bowls you want. The playoffs (even if they have bowl names attached to the games) would draw so many more people than the current bowl game system. If Mark Cuban follows through with his statements he will end up really rich. Wait a minute... well you know what I mean.