Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    - 1991 UD Lemieux, Gretzky, Hull
    - 1990 Score Sup. Emmitt Smith
    - 1991 ProSet Ted Nugent
    - 1991 Score Aeneas Williams
    - 1994 Flair Lynette Woodard

I am still way behind updated my scans but here are a few more. My buddy Jes hooked me up with a sweet Lemieux, Gretzky, Hull multi signed card that he got signed by all three at Jordan's Charity golf event earlier this year. I also got back my Emmitt Smith rc that was signed on consignment at Tahoe this year. I am a little disappointed he signed it on the back but for the price he charges at shows I am happy to use this for my registry for now. I guess the alternative would have been to get it personalized and I would much rather have it signed on the back than one with a personalization made out to someone else.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Great Ted Nugent

That kind of stuff is right up my alley

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I've recently been working on my signed sets. Here are a few returns that I've had over the past month.
  • Options
    - 1957 Topps Tom Heinsohn (ttm)
    - 1972 Panini Dan Gable (ttm)
    - 2002 Topps Chrome C.J. Wilson (local signing)

• Options
    - 1995 SP Arvydas Sabonis HOF (ttm)
    - 1985 OPC Cowboy Bob Orton HOF
    - 1983 Topps Marcus Allen HOF (eBay)

I got a sweet TTM back today from Arvydas Sabonis that I needed for my basketball HOF RC registry set. I sent the card out to him TTM last year and had forgot about it. He is a fairly difficult graph to get now since he no longer lives in the US.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Nice additions as always John image

May be hard to believe, but that is actually not a bad looking Marcus Allen signature from what I've seen lately

good work!
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff. I actually sent a few TTM's out again this week. I need to update my thread with stuff thats trickled in lately.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I am going to have to go through this thread for sure!!!

I am sure you know this but Sabonis has two stickers in the 1986 Panini set. I never pulled his base card from the box I broke but did pull a foil one. If you want it I will certainly send it your way.

Keep up the great work!!!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Real nice results John. You got me thinking about sending out some more TTMs. In the past year I have sent out less than a dozen.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    - OMLB Danica Patrick (IP)
    - OMLB Andre Dawson (ttm)
    - 1959 Topps Jim Parker hof'er (eBay)
    - 1977 Touchdown Club Ray Flaherty (eBay)
    - 1977 Touchdown Club George Musso (eBay)
    - 1969 Topps Al Attles (ttm)
    - 1986 Fleer Charles Oakley (ttm)
    - (9) 1981 Donruss Golf

I had a great week of TTM returns this week. Danica Patrick was also in town for the race this weekend. She did a free signing at a local Dollar store the sponsors her. I would have liked to get a 2006 A&G rc signed but I couldn't find one at my local shops, so I decided to get her on a ball instead. I also picked up a few PSA/DNA rc's off of eBay for my football HOF registry set. Now I just need to get them crossed over to red flips.
  • Options
    - 1971 Topps Mel Daniels (ttm)
    - (2) 1981 Donruss Lee Trevino (ttm)
    - 1986 McDonalds Jerry Rice (SCN)
    - 2003 SP Jason Witten (SCN)
    - 1986 Fleer Ralph Sampson (ttm)
    - 1969 Topps Walli Jones (ttm)
    - NBA 50 Greatest Litho Hakeem Olajuwon (signing)
    I've had a few nice TTM returns come in. I am a little disappointed that Sampson personalized my card and misspelled my name since I included a modest donation. I will probably replace it the next time he does a signing. I was really pleased with how my Hakeem turned out. I am now torn if I will pay for Shaq at the SunTimes show in November. His signing fee is pretty high but I really don't know when the next time I would be able to get him. I might just suck it and try and sell a few things before the show to help ease the pain.
  • Options
    How did you get Mel Daniels and how did you get Al Attles not to personalize your 1969. I got 2 Sabonis 1995/96 SP signed this week and I gonna send them in the Red Flip special. How many 1969s are you up to? I got 75.
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps Don Smith (TTM)
    - 1969 Topps Dick Barnett (MAB)
    - 1986 Fleer Xavier McDaniel (MAB)
    - 1986 Fleer Bernard King (MAB)
    - 1986 Fleer Rory Sparrow (MAB)

I got a few set cards back from a recent MAB Knicks signing. I also got back a 69 set card TTM from Don Smith aka Zaid Abdul-Aziz.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Nice Aziz, John. He has the worst autograph ever. I have two - one from 3 years ago and he did his full name and then one from last year that's even less nicely done than yours.
  • Options
    Nice Autographs. Didn't know Dick Barnett's signature looked like that with only the last name . I got Archie Clark back signed for $10. He personalized it. It looks nice. How many 1969s do you have now? I got 75. It would be nice if Billy Cunningham , Hal Greer, and Earl Monroe would do some signings.
  • Options
    I had a decent haul at the celeb pro-am at the Ryder Cup today. I was shocked at the number of people there were since it was only a practice round today. It was difficult graphing both the celebs and the players since they were split up on different parts of the course, so I stuck with just trying to get the celebrities. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get Phelps or Bill Murray and I wound up missing them by a couple people on 5-6 or occasions. However, I was very happy to get Pippen twice at the end of the day after missing him on the first 7 holes.

x2 Pippen- Swingman jersey and Authentic number
    x2 Banks- Authentic number & OMLB
    x3 George Lopez- 8x10 & OMLB x2
    Lee trevino- 81 Donruss
    Ben Crenshaw- 1981 Donruss
  • Options
    Very nice John. Where DO you keep it all?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps Dave DeBusschere (eBay)
    - 1969 Topps Walt Wesley (eBay)
    - 1981 Donruss Ed Sneed, Jerry Pate, Mike Sullivan (TTM)
    -1984 USFL Chuck Fusina, Vagas Ferguson (TTM)

I was able to kill two birds with one stone for my HOF rc set and my 69 Basketball set with a Dave DeBusschere that I got for a steal IMHO on eBay a couple weeks ago. I also decided to start the 84 USFL set TTM since I already have the Steve Young and Jim Kelly signed.
  • Options
    You got a steal on Dave Debusschere. Walt Wesley actually signs ttm with a long return time. Got him in a month from the PAL in Fort Myers
  • Options
    - 1996 Bowmans Best Ray Lewis (private signing)
    - 1969 Topps Walt Hazzard (SCN member)
    - 1969 Topps Adrian Smith (SCN member)
    - 1967 Dave Robinson (Ebay bucks purchase)
    - 1986 Fleer Bill Hanzlik (ttm)
    - 1981 Donruss Gibby Gilbert (ttm)

• Options
    Awesome Ray Lewis. $79 is very reasonable. That card should be at least $200 slabbed. How many 69's is that for you. I'm one of the few to actually get Walt Hazzard ttm. Also got Adrian Smith from his work. If not for the Red Flip Special, would have gone for Lewis on my 1996 Bowman's Best.
  • Options
    - NBA 50 Litho Scottie Pippen
    - 2000 Topps Chrome Richard Hamilton
    - 1986 Fleer Sidney Green

The Bulls had their annual season ticket holder event today at the UC. The event is complete chaos and you have to make mad dash as soon as the gates open to get in line for an autograph. D Rose canceled at the last minute so over 10,000 people wanted to get a signature from Pippen. Within 2 minutes of the gates opening there had to be at least 500 people in line for Pippen. Thankfully I got lucky and the gate where I was waiting was only 25 feet from Pippen's table. I was also able to get a rc signed by Richard Hamilton for my future HOF rc set and a 86 rc of Sidney Green for my 1986 Fleer set.
  • Options
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Pippen has to be on a 1st name basis with you by now.
  • Options
    - 1969 Topps Billy Cunningham (private sale)
    - 1969 Topps Hal Greer (private sale)
    - 1969 Topps Bob Kauffman(eBay)
    - 2012 A&G Bob Hurley sr. (ttm)
    - 1986 Fleer Otis Birdsong (ttm)

I picked up a Hal Greer & Billy Cunningham from a old time collector that was liquidating some of his collection. I also picked up a 69 Kauffman from eBay to replace the personalized one I received ttm last year. I now have 72 of the 98 cards in the 1969 set signed.
  • Options
    Those Cunningham and Greer are real nice. Bob Kauffman didn't personalize when I tried him. Of the 1969s only Attles and Archie Clark personalized. Dick Van Arsdale personalized one of the 2.
  • Options

<< <i>Those Cunningham and Greer are real nice. Bob Kauffman didn't personalize when I tried him. Of the 1969s only Attles and Archie Clark personalized. Dick Van Arsdale personalized one of the 2. >>

I have tried Kauffman twice over the past few years and he personalized both of my cards. He has been the only player that I have received back TTM to personalize my 69 cards. I guess I got lucky because Attles and Clark just signed their name on my card.
  • Options
    To get Archie Clark even personalized is good. Pretty much every Attles I've seen ttm is personalized. Bob Kauffman personalized my Index Card but didn't it for my 1969.
  • Options
    - 1978 Topps Tony Dorsett (eBay)
    - 1991 ProSet John Randle (eBay)
    - 1999 Topps Chrome Dirk Nowitzki (TTM)
    - 1981 Donruss base card and stat leader Tom Watson (SCN)
    - 1981 Donruss Danny Edwards (eBay)
    - 1981 Donruss George Cadle (TTM)
    - 1969 Topps John Tresvant (local seller)

It's been pretty slow for TTM returns over the past few weeks. I was able to add few to my Donruss golf set. I now have 59 of the 65 cards in the set signed. I also came across a pretty cool pickup. I met a local collector at a card shop that sold me a John Tresvant card for my 69 set for really cheap. The signature is poor since it looks like he retraced the signature after the first pen wasn't working. The card is difficult to find signed and I'm happy just to have one for my 69 collection.
  • Options
    Nice pickups and returns
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    That Nowitzki signature looks neat; is that a paint pen or something?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    I almost bought that John Randle. Not a terrible price at $22.50 . You got Tresvant too.
  • Options
    - Julius Peppers 2002 Topps Chrome, Mini, football (IP)
    - Michael Bush 2007 Bowman Chrome, Finest (IP)
    - Tom Glavine 1986 Procards, 88 Fleer, 88 Donruss, OMLB x2 (IP)
    - Dan Hampton 1982, 1983, 1986, 1987 Topps (IP)

The last few weeks have been pretty good for in person autograph collecting here in Chicago. Julius Peppers has been high on my want list since he was traded to the Bears. I was pretty excited when I read that he was doing a free signing with a donation to a local coat drive.
  • Options
    I am pretty excited to add these to my 69 basketball collection. Some of these are pretty difficult to come across. I now have 82 of the 98 cards in the set signed.
  • Options
    Wow. Those are 2 of the toughest 7 cards in the set. Ron Williams, Jimmy Walker. NICE! McCarter and Luke Jackson aren't pushovers either. I still think the set isn't completable because of the Gus Johnson (which few exist but HOF collectors now covet it too) but you'll surely get to at least 92-94 now.
  • Options
    Where did you get the Adrian Smith and Luke Jackson? Nice cards.
  • Options
    - NBA 50 litho Shaquille O'neal
    - 1982 Wrestling All Stars Ric Flair
    - 1982 Panini Tommy Hearns
    - 1973 Panini Olga Korbut
    - 1978 Topps Tony Dorsett
    - 1969 Topps Luther Rackley

Here is my haul from the SunTimes show. I was hesitant to spend the money to get Shaq on my litho but I figured I might never be able to get him any other way. I was really happy to see him give me a full signature and not just sign "Shaq" which seemed to be what most people received on their items. I was also pretty pumped to get a rc signed by Ric Flair. He was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up.

This was also the first show where I had any luck finding autographed cards for my signed sets I'm working on. I found a 69 Topps Luther Rackley for a steal in some guys bin of random autographed cards. .
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Tommy Hearns, cannot be too many signed of that card!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Awesome new additions.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work John!!

Those Panini's came out great!

You can read my mind on the Ric Flair image

• Options
    - 2000 SP Brian Urlacher (SunTimes show)
    - 2003 Bowman Lance Briggs (IP)
    - 1994 UD Sheryl Swoopes (SunTimes show)
    - 1981 Jogo Warren Moon (SCN consignment)
    - 1959 Topps Jerry Kramer (SCN signing)

I had a couple cards I forgot to scan that I got signed at the SunTimes show. Urlacher and Sheryl Swoopes are both future HOF'ers IMO so I figure I would get a rc signed at the show for my HOF sets. Briggs did a local radio show tonight and i feel he will eventually get into the HOF as well being a 7x+ pro bowler, so I decided to get a rc signed by him as well for my HOF rc set.
  • Options
    Nice adds to your collection.
  • Options
    - 1970 Topps Pat Riley (private sale)
    - 1957 topps Cliff Hagan (TTM)
    - 1951 Bowman Ernie Stautner (eBay)
    - 1950 Bowman Lou Gronza (eBay)
    - 1952 Topps Billy Pierce (TTM)
    - 1951 Bowman Billy Pierce (TTM)
    - 1948 Leaf Virgil Trucks (TTM)
    - 1991 UD Pedro Martinez (eBay)
    - 1978 Topps Dennis Johnson (eBay)
    - 2007 Bowman Chrome refractor Joakim Noah (in person)
    - 1957 Topps Bob Houbregs (eBay)
    - 1975 Topps Keith Wilkes (SCN)
    - 1979 Topps Alex English (eBay)
    - 1963 Topps John Glenn (TTM)

I've been pretty busy with work, the holidays, and the group sub so I haven't had much time to fire up the scanner. Here are some of the more notable additions to my signed RC collection I have added over the past couple of months.
  • Options
    It's been a grueling past couple weekends. I attended both the WhiteSox and Cubs conventions. This was the first time that I have attended both and really tried to get as many players autographs as possible. I attended both events with a few friends and we tried to help each other out when we could. Most of the signatures came from just randomly running into the players around the convention. Probably the most difficult part was being able to identifying who the player was since the majority of them are minor leaguers or ex-players that I haven't seen in the past 10-20 years. It is too difficult to take photos of everything, so I am just scanning the cards and taking photos of the baseballs that I got signed. Here are the totals of everything I got signed at each of the conventions.

2013 Sox Fest:
    Harold Baines 2/2 (8x10, 91 Desert Shield)
    Daryl Boston 2/2 (91 Desert Shield, 91 Studio)
    Joe Crede 1/1 (photoramic 12x36)
    Jermaine Dye 2/2 (16x20, photoramic 12x36)
    Tyler Flowers 1/1(rc)
    Goose Gossage 1/1 (OMLB)
    Ron Kittle 1/1 (91 Desert Shield)
    Paul Konerko 1/1 (photoramic 12x36)
    Tony LaRussa 3/3 (OMLB w/ 3x WS Champs, RC, 91 Desert Shield)
    Greg Luzinski 1/1 (8x10)
    Carlos May 2/2 (8x10, rc)
    Minnie Minoso 1/1 (52 Topps rc)
    Jack McDowell 3/3 ( Field of Dreams poster, 91 Desert Shield, 91 Studio)
    Jake Peavy 1/1 (personalized OMLB)
    Alexei Ramirez 2/2 (2 8x10's)
    Addison Reed 2/2 ( 2 8x10's)
    Aaron Rowand 1/1 (photoramic 12x36)
    Chris Sale 3/3 (16x20, 2 rc's)
    Bobby Thigpen 4/4 (Field of Dreams poster, x3 91 Desert Shield)
    Frank Thomas 2/2 (87 Auburn Tigers card, 90 Coca Cola card)
    Matt Thornton 2/2 (8x10, rc)
    Robin Ventura 2/2 (Field of Dreams poster, 91 Desert Shield)
    Dayan Viciedo 1/1 (RC)

2013 Cubs Convention:
    Javier Baez x3 (8x10, 2 rc's)
    Ernie Banks x3 (Jersey, FS helmet, OMLB)
    Glenn Beckert x1 (8x10)
    Michael Bowden x1(rc)
    Tony Campana x2 (rc, 8x10)
    Welington Castillo x1 (rc)
    Starlin Castro x1 (16x20)
    Steve Clevenger x1 (rc)
    Rob Deer x2 (2 cards)
    Theo Epstein x1 (card)
    Scott Feldman x1 (rc)
    Matt Garza x1 (16x20)
    Randy Hundley x2 (8x10, rc)
    Edwin Jackson x2 (8x10, rc)
    Fergi Jenkins x2 (1 paid 16x20, 1 free omlb)
    Jon Lieber x1 (8x10)
    Trey McNutt x1 (rc)
    Dioner Navarro x2 (8x10, rc)
    Gaylord Parry x1 (paid omlb)
    Brooks Raley x1 (8x10)
    Anthony Rizzo x3 (16x20, 2 rc's)
    Zach Rosscup x1 (rc)
    James Russell x2 (2 8x10's)
    Jeff Samardzija x1 (rc)
    Dave Sappelt x1 (rc)
    Nate Schierholtz x1 (rc)
    Lee Smith x2 (2 cards)
    Nick Struck x2 (8x10, rc)
    Josh Vitters x1 (rc)
    Todd Walker x2 (2 8x10's)
    Logan Watkins x1 (rc)
    Tony Zych x1 (rc)

• Options
    - 1958 Topps Bobby Hull

I have really been slacking and haven't uploaded scans in a long time. Hopefully one of these days I will take a few hours and update this thread with the other cards I have added to my collection over the past few months. I am still collecting signed HOF rc's and I figured it was time to bust out the scanner since this has been a white whale of mine since I got back into collecting autographs in 2009. This card is probably the most expensive card I have ever got signed and I was a littler nervous getting it signed and was worried he might smear it since Bobby is getting up there in age and often has a tremor in his hands and sometimes has a difficult time signing small items. Thankfully it turned out great and I am really excited to finally add this to my collection. I have got Bobby's signature at least a dozen times over the years and he has to be one of the friendliest athletes out there.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. that Hull is a classic!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    That is an awesome Bobby Hull . Even in PSA 2 or 3 shape a Bobby Hull rookie is $500 or $600 .
  • Options
    Real nice Hull John. Enjoy it, it's a classic!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I didn't look through all 43 pages of this thread but just and FYI that i got Mike Gartner's RC back signed through the mail today. Same with Andy Moog.
  • Options
    - 2000 Topps Chrome Traded Miguel Cabrera

I got this back today TTM. I have only sent out a handful of cards this year TTM. Well worth the $40 donation through the Tigers organization plus the money goes to a good cause.