Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Allen & Ginter Thread...LET'S SEE SOME RIPS.

Comments

• Options
    Masterson printing plate (black)!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Kousmanoff Rip card 48/50
    White Whales:
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    on a roll!!
  • Options
    Opstedahl relic.

I can't tell what the relic is from and it kinda scares me. The back of the card just says "authentic memorabilia"
    White Whales:
  • Options
    CHECKLIST

Am I blind or is there no Ken Griffey Jr. base card??? I only see him listed as a Highlight Sketch.
  • Options

<< <i>Opstedahl relic.

I can't tell what the relic is from and it kinda scares me. The back of the card just says "authentic memorabilia" >>

scan?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Opstedahl relic.

I can't tell what the relic is from and it kinda scares me. The back of the card just says "authentic memorabilia" >>

scan? >>

will have one in a few minutes.

got my 2nd rip card! Haffner 73/99
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Ryan Howard cyan printing plate! nice end to the case. images coming soon.
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>Ryan Howard cyan printing plate! nice end to the case. images coming soon. >>

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

If its for trade let me know.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    Finally got around to opening and sorting my case. Here are the detailed results:

My 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter case break!!

Not too bad but nothing REALLY spectacular -- please with the boxloader though!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    2nd half of the case highlights:

NNO: Sitting Bull 28/50
    Extinct Creatures: Labrador Duck
    Weird Relic: Opstedahl
    Autos: Scherzer, Juan Rivera, Alex Rios (redemption)
    Printing Plates: Ryan Howard (cyan), Justin Masterson (black)
    Rip Cards: Travis Haffner 73/99, Kevin Kouzmanoff 48/50
    Bat Relics: Maybin
    Jersey Relics: Fu*dome (nice blue stripe), Teixeira, Helton, Gallardo, Ichrio!, Chipper, Quentin, Holliday, Gagne, Ludwick!, Bruce

what a friggin case. Ginter is HOT this year.

White Whales:
  • Options
    i haven't opened any of the cabinets. is there any chance to get something "good" in them?
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>i haven't opened any of the cabinets. is there any chance to get something "good" in them? >>

I don't think there are any autos this year. or at least no truck tire dirt!

LOL
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    sooooo Paul - you gonna rip the rips? C'mon, they're only /99 - you gotta rip!!

• Options
    Hafner rip yielded a Zimmerman extended mini
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>sooooo Paul - you gonna rip the rips? C'mon, they're only /99 - you gotta rip!!

image >>

HAHA I was ripping as you were typing image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Kouzmanoff rip yielded a Felix Hernandez extended mini.

I am having rip remorse...

Ahh screw it... it was a great case. No regrets image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    That is too funny.....I pulled a Kouz RIP card in my case and I too got a Felix extended mini.

Craig in Texas
  • Options

<< <i>That is too funny.....I pulled a Kouz RIP card in my case and I too got a Felix extended mini.

Craig in Texas >>

So that is now 3 Felix minis we have ripped!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Since they're so plentiful, someone needs to step up and send one to Jason! image
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Just starting to rip another box....noticed this box has 25 packs in it....curious how many others have gotten an extra pack or two in their boxes...?
    Is this common practice?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Here are the results from my half case,

Rip Card- Cameron Maybin/ 99, Rafael Furcal/50
    autos- Billy the Marlin, Justin Masterson, Scott Olson
    Relics- Mariel Zagunis, Dontrelle Willis, Yovani Gallardo, David Wright, Tim Lincicum, Chase Utley, Jim Thome, Koske F*kudome, Ryan Ludwick, Chipper Jones, Ryan Doumit, Miguel Cabrera, Jay Bruce
    12 crack the code
    2 creatures
    12 hoaxes
    12 national heros
    2 no #- Jon Lester, Daiske Matsuzaka
    n43's- Daiske Matsuzaka, Josh Hamilton, Alex Rodriguez
    cabinets- space race, usa beats puerto rico, netherlands upsets dominican republic
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Saturday morning wake and break

Box 4 was much, much better

• Options
    box 5:

• Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Zep,

That was a Great box. I would think the Alamo silk would sell decent.

My trade page is up and running. I dont know how much more product I am going to buy, not much, so lets trade. I am doing black this year and will probably not finish it would like to get as many as I can before I start buying off ebay. who first Kevin???

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Wish I had enough money to go pick up the rest of my case - There's gotta be better stuff still lurking in there image

Box 6:

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Nice case, Paul! Wish I could have helped you with it. LOL

Good luck on the rest of your case, Mike!

I have been up in the air about buying a box or 5 this year but my fortune cookie from Panda Express last night pretty much sealed the deal for me: "Reward yourself with a much-deserved gift". That's a good enough reason for me! I mean, who am I not to do what a fortune cookie tells me? LOL
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>Nice case, Paul! Wish I could have helped you with it. LOL

I have been up in the air about buying a box or 5 this year but my fortune cookie from Panda Express last night pretty much sealed the deal for me: "Reward yourself with a much-deserved gift". That's a good enough reason for me! I mean, who am I not to do what a fortune cookie tells me? LOL >>

LOL

• Options

<< <i>Nice case, Paul! Wish I could have helped you with it. LOL

I have been up in the air about buying a box or 5 this year but my fortune cookie from Panda Express last night pretty much sealed the deal for me: "Reward yourself with a much-deserved gift". That's a good enough reason for me! I mean, who am I not to do what a fortune cookie tells me? LOL >>

You will probably pull a Yuko red ink auto now!

Good Luck
    Kevin
  • Options
    Morning everyone, here are my rips from boxes 7 and 8, nothing spectacular yet but I am consistantly getting some good stuff:

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    A lot of nice pulls everyone!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a modern guy but these are some damn good looking cards with a lot of variety. It makes me want to go and buy a couple of cases. But I know exactly what would happen. I would have to have the entire set with every subset, insert, sp, etc.... I'd spend ungodly amounts of money on it and then it would bring $150 on ebay in a couple of years, lol.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Wow -- talk about quick.

If there are only eight of those Michael Phelps framed autographs, it is very surprising [at least to me] that five of them have already found their way to Ebay.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Only two boxes left image I really hope there is a rip card somewhere in there:

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of nice pulls everyone!

Question: Will we do the trading here or on another thread? If anybody is ready to trade I am as well. I am only going after the regular size cards 1-350. Regular size National Pride and the Baseball Highlights. All of my minis are available for trade. (Not that I have that many!) >>

You can start posting your needs and trade list here. We tend to keep it all in the same place. I'll be ready to trade on Monday if someone isn't able to help you by then and we'll get it taken care of.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Matt,

Nice going with the red autograph!

It looks like the Baldelli swatch came from an autographed piece! That's always cool.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow -- talk about quick.

If there are only eight of those Michael Phelps framed autographs, it is very surprising [at least to me] that five of them have already found their way to Ebay. >>

Marc, there are 8 versions, each with 8 copies, plus a gold version and the n43s, so there are a few to pull. A popular piece either way.

<< <i>I'm not a modern guy but these are some damn good looking cards with a lot of variety. It makes me want to go and buy a couple of cases. But I know exactly what would happen. I would have to have the entire set with every subset, insert, sp, etc.... I'd spend ungodly amounts of money on it and then it would bring $150 on ebay in a couple of years, lol. >>

They maintain value a little better than that...you should do it.
  • Options

<< <i>Matt,

Nice going with the red autograph!

It looks like the Baldelli swatch came from an autographed piece! That's always cool. >>

Yeah that is my favorite relic so far, well here are the final two boxes, a tough way to end it because I found no rip cards image

• Options
    Send your upc box codes and pack wrappers to Topps! Get that rip card.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Matt, I was hoping that I would be the only one with a no rip card case.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow -- talk about quick.

If there are only eight of those Michael Phelps framed autographs, it is very surprising [at least to me] that five of them have already found their way to Ebay. >>

There are 8 different Michael Phelps framed autos..not 8 total.

The card numbers are:

AGA-MP1
    AGA-MP2
    AGA-MP3
    AGA-MP4
    AGA-MP5
    AGA-MP6
    AGA-MP7
    AGA-MP8
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks the autograph checklist is pretty weak (except for Michael Phelps)? The top basball autos are David Wright & Ryan Howard?? No Pujols, Arod, retired HOFers etc (Ripken, Yaz, Berra). I really dont think people are going to care about the non-baseball autos long term (the vast majority are not even celebrities). 2006 Ginter had Hulk Hogan, Danica Patrick, John Wooden, Leon Spinks, Mike Tyson, etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Am I the only one who thinks the autograph checklist is pretty weak (except for Michael Phelps)? The top basball autos are David Wright & Ryan Howard?? No Pujols, Arod, retired HOFers etc (Ripken, Yaz, Berra). I really dont think people are going to care about the non-baseball autos long term (the vast majority are not even celebrities). 2006 Ginter had Hulk Hogan, Danica Patrick, John Wooden, Leon Spinks, Mike Tyson, etc. >>

The days of Pujols autos are over, or at least in products that cost less than 20 bucks a pack. I have been hearing that Pujols now charges 200 bucks per
    auto. At that rate you can't make any money. I don't think Pujols autos were in any topps product last year save for the very high end 125 dollar a pack
    product.

I think the A&G line up this year to be pretty good, much better than last year. We can throw 06 out the window that will not happen again. Im sure Phelps
    auto cost topps a bunch, they still have Howard, Ortiz, Reyes and Wright who are still top tier graphs. The key this year is that the group B autos which are
    very pullable, include good autos like Kershaw, Bruce, Longoria, Hanley, Pap and all the celeb sigs.

I must of been the only one who had problems with damaged cards, so I guess that isn't an issue, but other than that this has been about as perfect as
    a product as there could of been. I know products that come out at 150 a box that aren't half as loaded as these are. I don't think the sub 900 dollar
    case prices will last very long.
  • Options
    I want someone to go back to the 08 thread and see how many red ink autos the entire board pulled...did anyone pull any last year? We have
    already seen 3 this year..WOW

Kevin
  • Options
    I had 1 or 2 minis damaged in each box with 2 of my 3 NNO minis having small dings on the bottom edge.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Here's a start to my trade list. After doing this small sorting and seeing how far I have to go... I will probably buy another case. What's the going rate for black minis? I'll buy anyone's blacks if I don't have anything of interest to trade.

To Trade:
    National Heroes: 1 (George Washington)
    Hoaxes: 1, 4, 6, 13, 19
    NNO mini: Sitting Bull (28/50 ding on bottom edge but will look fine in a binder), Rick Porcello (32/50 slight ding on bottom edge), Felix Hernandez (36/50)
    Printing Plate: Justin Masterson (black, willing to trade or sell but not sure what $ to ask)
    Silk: Nightingale (03/10, for trade or $40)
    N43 Relic: Aoki (15/25, $150)
    Baseball Highlights: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
    A&G Minis: 2, 4, 6, 9, 31, 32, 56, 58, 65, 66, 68, 81, 88, 97, 107, 111, 128, 133, 135, 136, 146, 148, 149, 156, 158, 171, 173, 180, 183, 185, 186, 188, 189, 194, 197, 205, 210 ,217, 220, 221, 236, 243, 244, 250, 253, 256, 263, 265, 266, 269, 271, 291, 296, 299, 303, 307, 323
    Regular Minis: A couple hundred with only 2 dupes. Send me your need list and I'll fill it.
    N43: Miguel Cabrera

Needs:
    National Heroes: 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 36, 37, 40
    Hoaxes: None! Sweet image
    Creatures: 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
    Extinct: All but the duck
    Inventions: All but 'here-to-there o-matic'
    Code: ? Anyone have a list?

Black Minis: Most of them! Trade me all you have or I'll buy them at $0.50 each.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    What types of BIN best offer prices would you put on these

Prince Fielder Bazooka 13/25
    Johnny Damon Bazooka 19/25

F* DOME silk 1/10

Also if I change my shipping to allow over seas buyers what do I charge to break even and what is the seller protection in place?

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Need any wilkins cards that are #ed 25 or less. Im going to make a solid run at a complete mini set of him. Might take years, might never happen at all. Any help?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if an SP list for the relics exists yet?
    White Whales:
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Looks like 20 of the 350 1 of 1 Wood inserts are already on the Bay. The Trevor Crowe and Barry Zito both end today, so that will provide some early guidance on pricing. The Jose Reyes and Brian Roberts wind up Monday night and may be good indications of where the stars price. If anyonen on the board pulled the Chipper wood insert, pls PM me.

Also, I can't figure out why A&G lists the Framed Relics at >100 subjects. Do they not know how many there are? I'm confused..
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.