Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Allen & Ginter Thread...LET'S SEE SOME RIPS.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>What types of BIN best offer prices would you put on these

Prince Fielder Bazooka 13/25
    Johnny Damon Bazooka 19/25

F* DOME silk 1/10

Also if I change my shipping to allow over seas buyers what do I charge to break even and what is the seller protection in place?

Dave >>

Dave,
    Global Express will run you about $26 or so.I would put the F*kudome up for $100 or B/O.
    Mike
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    My second box from last night:

Greinke silk 6/10 will be up for sale or trade on the BST board before going on feebay.

NNO mini howard is for sale or trade as well as all relics.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>What types of BIN best offer prices would you put on these

Prince Fielder Bazooka 13/25
    Johnny Damon Bazooka 19/25

F* DOME silk 1/10

Also if I change my shipping to allow over seas buyers what do I charge to break even and what is the seller protection in place?

Dave >>

All three of those guys are popular with collectors, the silk will get a good chunk, player and being 1/10.

Kevin
  • Options
    It seems like Ginter provides a lot more value this year.My only gripe is I wish they had included a few more mini insert sets.The Baseball Icons last year were awesome.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>It seems like Ginter provides a lot more value this year.My only gripe is I wish they had included a few more mini insert sets.The Baseball Icons last year were awesome.
    Mike >>

LOL Mike, you must not be building the mini set. I opened two cases and Im still 150+ minis away from just the base set, plus 30+ on the insert sets.

Kevin
  • Options
    Here is a start to my trade list. I will try to update this often:

NEEDS:

Minis:

350-349-347-345-342-341-340-339-336-335-333-328-325-323-322-318-316-314-313-312-310-303-300-298-296-295-294-293-292-291-290-287-285
    283-274-272-270-268-266-264-262-256-254-253-252-251-249-247-245-244-240-238-236-230-225-222-216-215-213-211-210-209-205-199-198-197
    194-193-192-190-187-181-180-178-168-167-166-162-160-156-155-153-152-149-147-144-137-133-128-126-119-117-116-115-114-112-111-109-108
    106-105-104-101-100-97-96-95-94-92-89-87-84-80-79-76-75-74-71-70-68-67-59-58-57-56-53-49-43-40-38-36-34-33-32-30-29-26-25-24-23-21-20
    19-18-15-12-11-9-7-3-2

National Hero Minis:

38-37-26-24-23-22-20-16-5-4-2

Ceatures of Legend/Myth/Terror:

20-19-14-13-12-11-9-8-6-5-1

Inventions:

5-4-3-2

N43's:

Longoria-Sizemore-Cabrera-Manny-Hamilton-Pujols

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭
    Busted 1 box I got at the CSA show today, everything is available.

SPs: 313, 314, 316, 326, 334, 336, 338, 343, 345, 347, 350
    Relics: Longoria, Cox
    Blue Ink auto: Conor Jackson
    Black Border Mini: 54, 99, 286
    A&G Back Mini: 28, 46, 80, 215, 225, 268
    No Number Mini: Nate McLouth 39/50
    National Heroes Minis: NH22 (Scotland), NH37 (Algeria)
    Hoaks, Hoodwinks, Bamboozles: HHB9 (San Serriffe), HHB13 (War of the Worlds)

From A&G all I want is the Electron card, (I am a chemist), would like to put together a master set of the Electron cards. Also, would be interested in any Nationals or Pirates rookies, jerseys or autos (A&G or anything else). Or just send a trade list.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    14 more packs today got me
    Minis-
    National Heroes- Bulgaria & Argentina
    Hoaxes- Cold Fusion

and these:
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Am I the only one who thinks the autograph checklist is pretty weak (except for Michael Phelps)? The top basball autos are David Wright & Ryan Howard?? No Pujols, Arod, retired HOFers etc (Ripken, Yaz, Berra). I really dont think people are going to care about the non-baseball autos long term (the vast majority are not even celebrities). 2006 Ginter had Hulk Hogan, Danica Patrick, John Wooden, Leon Spinks, Mike Tyson, etc. >>

The days of Pujols autos are over, or at least in products that cost less than 20 bucks a pack. I have been hearing that Pujols now charges 200 bucks per
    auto. At that rate you can't make any money. I don't think Pujols autos were in any topps product last year save for the very high end 125 dollar a pack
    product.

I think the A&G line up this year to be pretty good, much better than last year. We can throw 06 out the window that will not happen again. Im sure Phelps
    auto cost topps a bunch, they still have Howard, Ortiz, Reyes and Wright who are still top tier graphs. The key this year is that the group B autos which are
    very pullable, include good autos like Kershaw, Bruce, Longoria, Hanley, Pap and all the celeb sigs.

>>

Kevin - Compare the 2009 Ginter Auto checklist to the 2009 Goudey Auto checklist....no comparison. Both are $3 packs. I'm sorry..but I think Topps spent all their autograph budget on acquiring Phelps autos this year.

2009 Goudey Checklist (scroll down for autos)
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kevin - Compare the 2009 Ginter checklist to the 2009 Goudey checklist....no comparison. I'm sorry..but I think Topps spent all their money on acquiring Phelps autos this year.

2009 Goudey Checklist >>

I think the allure to this product is its movement away from traditional autos and relics. I think it is much more reflective of the spirit of the original 1880s Allen & Ginter products but creating it so. It's also much more appealing to folks who grew up during the 1990s insert and parallel phase. This product has it all for me.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>I had 1 or 2 minis damaged in each box with 2 of my 3 NNO minis having small dings on the bottom edge. >>

I had several minis damaged with dinged corners and what not.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Am I the only one who thinks the autograph checklist is pretty weak (except for Michael Phelps)? The top basball autos are David Wright & Ryan Howard?? No Pujols, Arod, retired HOFers etc (Ripken, Yaz, Berra). I really dont think people are going to care about the non-baseball autos long term (the vast majority are not even celebrities). 2006 Ginter had Hulk Hogan, Danica Patrick, John Wooden, Leon Spinks, Mike Tyson, etc. >>

The days of Pujols autos are over, or at least in products that cost less than 20 bucks a pack. I have been hearing that Pujols now charges 200 bucks per
    auto. At that rate you can't make any money. I don't think Pujols autos were in any topps product last year save for the very high end 125 dollar a pack
    product.

I think the A&G line up this year to be pretty good, much better than last year. We can throw 06 out the window that will not happen again. Im sure Phelps
    auto cost topps a bunch, they still have Howard, Ortiz, Reyes and Wright who are still top tier graphs. The key this year is that the group B autos which are
    very pullable, include good autos like Kershaw, Bruce, Longoria, Hanley, Pap and all the celeb sigs.

>>

Kevin - Compare the 2009 Ginter Auto checklist to the 2009 Goudey Auto checklist....no comparison. Both are $3 packs. I'm sorry..but I think Topps spent all their autograph budget on acquiring Phelps autos this year.

Did you open Goudey this year? Guys on a checklist are nice, but when the prints runs are in the single digits, you are going to lose every time. I opened a fair
    amount of Goudey and my best autos were Gaylord Perry and Tim Raines and I wasn't able to move any of the cards afterwards. Tiger and MJ are nice, but you
    have no chance of pulling them in Goudey and for the most part the back end of the list was a bunch of nobodies.

Kevin
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

BunchofBull-

I completely understand what you are saying. I just think that Ginter is a bit to "gimmicky" this year with the non-sports stuff and IMO has jumped the shark. They did a really nice job including the CMG Worldwide guys last year (Ruth, Gehrig, etc.). They should of built upon that instead of Unicorn relics.
  • Options
    I'm looking for the following N43 Boxloader Relics:
    Yu Darvish and Norichika Aoki.

I have all my relics/auto and a Greinke Silk 6/10 scanned in a previous post.

I have the following Black Mini's for trade:

John Lannan - Nationals
    Paul Konerko - White Sox
    Eric Bedard - Mariners
    Daisuke Matsuzaka - Red Sox

Evan Longoria - N43

• Options

<< <i>It seems like Ginter provides a lot more value this year.My only gripe is I wish they had included a few more mini insert sets.The Baseball Icons last year were awesome.
    Mike >>

I agree that Baseball Icons insert set was awesome, perhaps my favorite insert set in any year of A&G...it would be fun if they would've continued that every year with 15 new baseball icons.

Oh well its fun to see new insert sets too.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    been over 30 minutes since someone posted
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Way to keep it on top Mike!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I need BLACK MINIS

check out my trade page and send me your blacks. I will ship relics, autos, and whatever else you need. I am going to dinner with the wife so I expect tons of trade offers when I get back LOL.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    I guess after putting out a set with Cobb, Gehrig and Ruth topps thought where do we go from there....Tony Perez and Joe Morgan? I think its the
    oddities that keep me coming back for more. The creatures set is really beautiful. Im beginning to think that even base cards of certain players cost
    them money, while else leave out Griffey from the base set?

Kevin
  • Options
    I got 3 more boxes from my case today - shouldn't have done it but this is like Heritage crack.

Break begins when the Sox score a run tonight. I'd stopped doing that and haven't been getting as good pulls since I stopped. Maybe I can turn it around tonight with a little baseball superstition

Dave, I'm not doing the black minis so I'll let you know what I have when all is said and done. Only black I'm gonna want is the Dice-K
  • Options

<< <i>I guess after putting out a set with Cobb, Gehrig and Ruth topps thought where do we go from there....Tony Perez and Joe Morgan? I think its the
    oddities that keep me coming back for more. The creatures set is really beautiful. Im beginning to think that even base cards of certain players cost
    them money, while else leave out Griffey from the base set?

Kevin >>

That's really strange to leave Griffey out. Wonder if it was just a dumb oversight.
  • Options
    Im sure it has to do with money.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>I got 3 more boxes from my case today - shouldn't have done it but this is like Heritage crack.

Break begins when the Sox score a run tonight. I'd stopped doing that and haven't been getting as good pulls since I stopped. Maybe I can turn it around tonight with a little baseball superstition

Dave, I'm not doing the black minis so I'll let you know what I have when all is said and done. Only black I'm gonna want is the Dice-K >>

But they are playing the vaunted Royals tonight. They may not score!

Damn Tom wouldn't sell me a box out of your case today.

Damn his ethics and integrity.image
  • Options
    I'm a bit bummed about no Griffey base card. Was hoping to see him on a nice looking card in a Mariners uniform again. Saw the Goudey one earlier but dont really care for it.
  • Options
    Actually Grif is featured in a nice card from an insert set in A&G. One Mariners and one reds I believe.

Kevin
  • Options
    My Yoto auto laster 22 minutes on Ebay before the BIN was used
  • Options
    who is this Yoto kid anyways?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got 3 more boxes from my case today - shouldn't have done it but this is like Heritage crack.

Dave, I'm not doing the black minis so I'll let you know what I have when all is said and done. Only black I'm gonna want is the Dice-K >>

Damn his ethics and integrity.image >>

LOL he better not

I think he did in 07 when he ran out up front and then replenished it. Ended up with no rip card from that case LOL.

That was your Yoto? Damn, I didn't notice that was you that pulled that. I want that card cause of the guitar on it. What did you get for it?
    A buddy of mine bought one of Tom's other boxes today and got a Lackey rip card. Gave it to his kid to decide to rip or sell #96/99. Still waiting for my first of the year

and oh yeah, Sox just scored - gotta run out for a few minutes and then the rip begins

• Options
    first box had 2 checklists - bonus!!

• Options
    Good luck Mike, hope you pull two rip cards to make up for mine.
  • Options
    I put a BIN of $70. I was happy with that price.

Good Luck on the rip!

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOL he better not

I think he did in 07 when he ran out up front and then replenished it. Ended up with no rip card from that case LOL.

That was your Yoto? Damn, I didn't notice that was you that pulled that. I want that card cause of the guitar on it. What did you get for it?
    A buddy of mine bought one of Tom's other boxes today and got a Lackey rip card. Gave it to his kid to decide to rip or sell #96/99. Still waiting for my first of the year

and oh yeah, Sox just scored - gotta run out for a few minutes and then the rip begins >>

• Options
    I opened probably 3 cases worth last year and only got 2 rip card I think. Rip cards have not fallen often for me. Got a second chance on 1 that had a damaged mini inside but a crap card in the replacement.

Think I've pulled 4 rip cards total between 07 and 08 but got Dice-K out of 2 of them - 07 and 08

• Options

<< <i>I put a BIN of $70. I was happy with that price.

Good Luck on the rip!

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOL he better not

and oh yeah, Sox just scored - gotta run out for a few minutes and then the rip begins >>

>>

was that the relic or auto? Thought I an auto pulled and that sounds cheap for that. I woulda traded big for that had I realized you had it. Lemme know if the guy backs out for some reason
  • Options

<< <i>
    was that the relic or auto? Thought I an auto pulled and that sounds cheap for that. I woulda traded big for that had I realized you had it. Lemme know if the guy backs out for some reason >>

THe Auto.
    about 7 had already ended for various amounts and there we anoother or so when I listed.

Price will drop. You can get one for cheaper than that in 2 weeks
  • Options
    I completely understand what you are saying. I just think that Ginter is a bit to "gimmicky" this year with the non-sports stuff and IMO has jumped the shark. They did a really nice job including the CMG Worldwide guys last year (Ruth, Gehrig, etc.). They should of built upon that instead of Unicorn relics.

i agree with you john. no old-timers to collect makes this less fun to go for. the negro autos might be fun but too tough to trade for.
  • Options
    ps if anyone has any adrian gonzalez or trevor hoffman mini parallels, lmk!
  • Options

<< <i>ps if anyone has any adrian gonzalez or trevor hoffman mini parallels, lmk! >>

I have a hoffman.

PM me the addy and I'll send it out
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who's been opening boxes/cases the last few days and IS NOT collecting the Autos, I am looking for a starter set for the 60 subject Autos inserts. PM with what you have and what you want. I'm' really hoping I don't have to buy a ton of these singles on Ebay and get destroyed on shipping charges. Also thinking about the N43 Autos (#'d to 15), but not sure how the pricing will shake out on these. Thx.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Mike we need an update, I know you had more than 2 checklists in the box.
  • Options

scans coming - nothing earthshattering - only finished box 1 so far been on the phone with my friend who bought his first box today - been explaining all the minis and stuff -

he's hooked, lucky loony gets a rip card in his first ever Ginter box. He'll be buying more tomorrow LOL
  • Options
    k here we go

this box had 12 SPs in it image only 1 I needed though
    been getting a lot in this case - first time I counted them though

funny, I only need 5 more SPs for the SP set but still need about 30 base cards

• Options

<< <i>Anyone who's been opening boxes/cases the last few days and IS NOT collecting the Autos, I am looking for a starter set for the 60 subject Autos inserts. PM with what you have and what you want. I'm' really hoping I don't have to buy a ton of these singles on Ebay and get destroyed on shipping charges. Also thinking about the N43 Autos (#'d to 15), but not sure how the pricing will shake out on these. Thx. >>

That's gonna be a nice project - good luck

• Options
    gonna open the next box in the chat room if anyone wants to join me

• Options
    that was fun doing that in the chat room, we should do rips in there more often (and it takes longer)

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    I ripped a few packs on Thursday and a little more than 3 boxes today. Here's the results:

Regular mini: 3 (damaged), 5, 9, 11, 47, 50, 53, 55, 67, 74 (damaged), 79 (damaged), 101, 112, 126 (x2), 138, 149 (damaged), 152, 160, 176, 185, 191, 193, 207, 213, 216, 219, 240, 245, 250 (damaged), 261, 262, 264, 267, 279, 283, 290, 304, 346, 348

A&G back mini: 54, 67, 78, 79, 89, 90, 98, 99 (damaged), 101, 105, 142, 200, 204, 212, 237, 240, 245, 289, 330

Black border mini: 54, 99, 135, 139, 165, 238, 284, 310

Bazooka back mini: 313 Jeff Francis 22/25

Hoaxes, Hoodwinks & Bamboozles: 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

National Heroes: 5, 15, 21, 27, 36

Creatures: 12 Cyclops

Codebreaker parallels: 5, 106, 113, 141, 189, 233

Relics (all jerseys unless noted): Alex Rodriguez (w/pinstripe), Albert Pujols, CC Sabathia, David Wright, Joe Mauer (w/ pinstripe), Manny Ramirez, Nate McLouth, Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman (bat), Yunel Escobar

Autographs: Not one. Ugh.

• Options
    Nice Arod jersey! Group A I believe.
  • Options
    Cyclops looks nice! image

P.S.

Crackin!!!
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cyclops looks nice! image

P.S.

Crackin!!! >>

CRACKIN!!
  • Options
    Craig, if the pujols will be for trade, please keep me in mind.