Home Sports Talk

The 2009 Red Sox Championship run thread

Comments

• Bring on the Halos! It should be a great series unless the Angels roll over for the Sox again.

The Yankees should have an easy time with the Tigers or Twins.

• << <i>Bring on the Halos! It should be a great series unless the Angels roll over for the Sox again.

The Yankees should have an easy time with the Tigers or Twins. >>

I wouldn't say the Halos rolled over last year. A nancy Drew liner off the wall, and a missed bunt on our part decided the series. Come on, you beat us! but rolling over????
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I swear that the only thing that kept me from going crazy this weekend due to the sweep was that the Pats won. Other than that not too much to get excited about.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I tuned in, I thought I was watching a replay of last night, just a different batting practice pitcher on the mound for the Sox.
  • Sigh...way to get on a roll going into the post season!
  • Bummer. If Youk could have delivered there in the 9th inning that would have been a pretty cool way to secure the Wild Card. Right now the Rangers are losing to the Angels . . . it kinda sucks to back into a playoff berth because the other team lost.
    Youkilis was trying to channel Nick Green and will that middle-middle pitch into ball four rather than smash it over the Monster image
  • Its official, see you on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was dissappointed that we played our B team lastnight, knowing a playoff spot was still open. Oh well, we still won, beating the Rangers and allowing you to back into the WC spot.

Go Halos!!

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • We'll taking backing into the playoffs even though it was kind anti climatic. That would have been awesome for Youk to come through in the clutch as he usually does. Oh well...now we have a few days to get everything in order. Looking forward to the playoffs. May the winner of the Sox/Angels get to the series!
    I guess the Sox plan on peaking for the playoffs by starting that peak some time next week?
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess the Sox plan on peaking for the playoffs by starting that peak some time next week? >>

Yea Im thinking the same thing.
  • lets get ready to rock into the playoffs~!!!!

i am feeling good about this series!

better than i felt when i read about teddy bgAME
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Dice-K!!!
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys...back from two wonderful weeks in the Canadian Rockies. I won't post much here about the trip, somebody will remind me it's the "sports talk" page. However, if you are remotely interested in traveling to Banff, Lake Louise, the Icefields Parkway, or Jasper, please PM me with an email address and I'd be glad to tell you about the trip. I will say this, if you have any desire to visit this part of the world, I can only very highly recommend doing so. The scenery in many places is truly stunning. There are a couple of negatives, but like I said, if interested just PM me.

Interesting flight home yesterday. We began in Spokane, WA with a delay to Salt Lake City because of ground fog. Fortunately our flight to Atlanta from Salt Lake was delayed. The little tv in the seat said we were cooking along at 630mph ground speed and our flight from SLC to ATL took just under 3 hours!

Home just in time to watch the Fenway home run derby. Amazing to see Pedroia put one out of the park, not just into the seats. V-Mart's GS was nice to watch...I wonder how he felt doing it against his old team. Beckett looked shaky to me. I hope we can pull off the win against the LAA next week..

Go Red Sox!!!

PS, no my house didn't wash away in the monsoon. Some of the local pics are heart breaking...sadly, but not unexpected, there was some looting going on as well. Now expecting 2-4 more inches tonight and tomorrow.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'm a little annoyed that the playoffs don't start until Thursday for the Red Sox. If the Tigers and Twins hadn't tied, weren't the playoffs supposed to start Tuesday?
    the worst part is not the wait until Thursday, but the wait until ten at night! Yikes.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who will pitch in Game 3 -- Bucholz or Sucholz? I say it's 50/50.

<< <i>So who will pitch in Game 3 -- Bucholz or Sucholz? I say it's 50/50. >>

I wish it was Matsuzaka image
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    One more day until game on. I'm hoping for an entertaining series -- hopefully one with a better result for the Halos this time.

Best of luck to the Sox and let the best team win.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>One more day until game on. I'm hoping for an entertaining series -- hopefully one with a better result for the Halos this time.

Best of luck to the Sox and let the best team win. >>

Your to nice of a guy Halosfan, you need to tell these chowder heads the Angels are primed and ready to send the red sux back to beanville two games down and with there bats up there arse.....image

• LET'S GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• << <i>One more day until game on. I'm hoping for an entertaining series -- hopefully one with a better result for the Halos this time.

Best of luck to the Sox and let the best team win. >>

Halos look even more formidable than they have in recent years...it'll be a helluva match up with the Red Sox (even more so than it has been in recent years)...I'm getting sick of us having to face you guys all the time...mostly because you guys get better every year. I agree...let the best team win. Can't wait for that series to start.

• << <i>

Your to nice of a guy Halosfan, D >>

You're too uneducated to post in this thread rally-monkey boy. image

• << <i>[ you need to tell these chowder heads the Angels are primed and ready to send the red sux back to beanville two games down and with there bats up there arse.....image >>

"Their bats" are going to be facing much inferior pitching then your bats are.

Or should I say................

"There bats are going too bee faceing more tougher pitching than you're bats is.
    There, you can understand that much better. image
  • i love this time of year!!!!! PLAYOFFS..did someone say PLAYOFFS?
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Well, my New England friends. I hope you got caught up on your sleep over the last couple weeks because you're going to have some late nights in the near future. I hate to see you guys get tired and cranky, but I'm really hoping for a lot of late nights this month - late nights until November would be ideal.

<< <i>

<< <i>[ you need to tell these chowder heads the Angels are primed and ready to send the red sux back to beanville two games down and with there bats up there arse.....image >>

"Their bats" are going to be facing much inferior pitching then your bats are.

Or should I say................

"There bats are going too bee faceing more tougher pitching than you're bats is.
    There, you can understand that much better. image >>

Oh Boy! Not another arrogant nutjob who thinks he should live a top the highest mountain in the land and call himself "OZ" because he knows the difference between there and their.....image

Well here we are! It all starts tonight, lets hope we can keep up with tradition and beat these guys. I expect a tough series...

BTW- How strange is it to see Bucholz in the rotation? I say strange because early on I dont think any of us would have thought he would be part of it...Hopefully he can do his part and step up like we need him too ( Same goes for Dice! )
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    It's on!!!!
    I never drink stuff with caffeine. I may have to have a couple of sodas tonight though.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Why is CB Buckner even a major league umpire? He's terrible!
    pitiful. Time for some pregame shooters?
    Halos..+1

• Lester was great except for one inning.
    Lackey was starting to come unraveled, but Joe West bailed him out by ringing up Youk on Ball 4. image No question the Angels outplayed the Sox, but you have to wonder what would have happened if the correct call were made, Youk walks, and a shaken Lackey faces Ortiz.

Also, that call at first base was abominable -- as bad as the Jorge Orta safe call in the '85 WS.
  • no excuses, the sox were completely shut down last night. Still was a heck of a game.

<< <i>Lackey was starting to come unraveled, but Joe West bailed him out by ringing up Youk on Ball 4. image No question the Angels outplayed the Sox, but you have to wonder what would have happened if the correct call were made, Youk walks, and a shaken Lackey faces Ortiz.

Also, that call at first base was abominable -- as bad as the Jorge Orta safe call in the '85 WS. >>

which abominable call at first base were you talking about?

btw, does umpire rotation mean that blinder-than-a-bat stupid fuddernutter is behind home plate tonight?

<< <i>btw, does umpire rotation mean that blinder-than-a-bat stupid fuddernutter is behind home plate tonight? >>

I think so -- they were griping about it on WEEI this morning.
  • i have my VLAD bobble head doll and im sticking pins in it right now~!

<< <i>i have my VLAD bobble head doll and im sticking pins in it right now~! >>

I wouldnt waste my time worrying about Vlad, his 1 rbi in like 16 playoff games doesnt scare me image

However that Jackas s who is going to be behind home plate tonight sure does- wonder how much cash he has riding against the Sox?
    Vlad could use some accupuncture. Napoli seems to like facing Beckett so I'm glad the no stick Mathis gets the bench tonight.
    Napoli seems to kill the Sox. I like it when he's not in there. Do or almost-die tonight.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭
    I guess we miss it because the Yankees are in extra innings? Go Twinsimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    it's on TNT.

The home plate ump is the same guy who was at 1st last night. That guy should be fired right now -- should have been fired mid-game last night.
    These Sox pitchers are ridiculous. Talented yes -- but they take forever between pitches.
    Heh heh, got 'em right where we want 'em! image

Time for Bucholz to step up and pretend the Angels are the Baltimore Orioles.
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    This is killin me. I can't believe I've been staying up til the bitter end the last 2 nights. I swear they're taking years off my life.
    Yup, flat like a tire. image

Couldnt ask for a more annoying playoff situation, the Yankees are dominating and we are playing like we are a joke.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Look at the good side.

At least we won't have to endure the pain of watching them lose to the Yankees.
    Capecards
    Flat isn't the word.

First two games of the ALDS at Anaheim.

Red Sox - 18 innings, 8 hits, 1 run, PRICELESS!!!image