Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Hi there TonyWKoo..........You probably don't know me at all ...or have seen me post on here. Maybe once in a blue moon I do. I might just lurk on here most of the time just reading most of the posts. I've been reading this post from the beginning. Everyone was very content and happy for the most part until you showed up. I must say that you are a TOTAL DICK. .....And I really don't care if they remove me from these boards for saying that. I'm sure the greater portion of the people on this forum feels the same way. I'm just glad to be the one to say it. Many of these people are good people who have been great help to me.....and others. It offends me to just watching you offend many good people......do yourself a favor and get lost......best wishes to all.....good luck.

Adam

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Edited another one TKWoo??? You really are a stupid idiot!!!! Am I being too nice here??? image >>

**** Off Mother****** image >>

Now that is not very nice Mr. koo >>

Actually, what I really said was:

"Farm Off Motherfarmer"

I used to live in a farm....and that's what we'd say to each other as words of encouragement. image

• << <i>Hi there TonyWKoo..........You probably don't know me at all ...or have seen me post on here. Maybe once in a blue moon I do. I might just lurk on here most of the time just reading most of the posts. I've been reading this post from the beginning. Everyone was very content and happy for the most part until you showed up. I must say that you are a TOTAL ****. .....And I really don't care if they remove me from these boards for saying that. I'm sure the greater portion of the people on this forum feels the same way. I'm just glad to be the one to say it. Many of these people are good people who have been great help to me.....and others. It offends me to just watching you offend many good people......do yourself a favor and get lost......best wishes to all.....good luck.

Adam >>

wuss
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Wow there is some really absurd stuff on this thread.

So how is everyone? image

• << <i>Wow there is some really absurd stuff on this thread.

So how is everyone? image >>

Fine...just fine.... image
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK - this was once a civil and informative thread -- and I have been with it from the start.

Please take your quarrels elsewhere, it's not appreciated.

Ignore the flaming remarks and they will go away.

Let's get back to the topic, PLEASE.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Yeah, I was really hoping to use this 20% Microsoft CashBack thing, coupled with my wife's 10% coupon to buy an NGC MS70 ER...but suddenly, the 20% turned to just 10%!!!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

D'OH!!! So, I'm gonna wait. Hopefully, it'll go back up to 20% (or even higher???) We'll see, I suppose. image
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    19Lyds, just like you posted

"Prices subject to Change"

The ad posted is at least 2 weeks prior to print date and for all intensive puposes "stale"

My comment was not in reference to "if" a higher price was published but rather "if" someone took adavantage of it recently and actually was paid $600 per by the dealer.
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    to make this coin related: I'm holding my 08/07s.

On Another Note: jeez, I take some time off to go have my 1st ceremonial colonoscopy and this joint goes to schitt. What gives? Anyhoo, I got the all clear on my end. Y'all be cool and clean things up, puhleeze.

• << <i>19Lyds, just like you posted

The ad posted is at least 2 weeks prior to print date and for all intensive puposes "stale"

My comment was not in reference to "if" a higher price was published but rather "if" someone took adavantage of it recently and actually was paid $600 per by the dealer. >>

Look, as I've said before, that ad for a $675 selling price, $600 buying is good in several ways.

1)$600 to buy? Probably not. At this point, they can get a better price off ebay.50
    2)$675 sell price is good. It lets people know that this coin value is somewhere "around" $675. That's just more data point. Along with ebay $450-$550 prices, Chattannoga's $600 price, Greysheets $540 price, HSN's...whatever ridiculous price...etc.. Basically, all of those data points are determining the value of the coin. If some poor soul sees a raw for $1000 on HSN, then goes on ebay and sees it for $600, then he thinks he getting a great deal because he thinks the coin's worth somewhere around $1000.
    3)And overall, it's just good to get coverage...any way we can get it.
    Guys

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion on the topic

We all get caught up in our own predictions and opinions, throw our sometimes many years of collecting behind it, discount others who just showed up on the scene (i'm tough on those guys too, especially the agressive ones), which sometimes explodes into ranting and name calling, etc.

While I am not the mediator here (far from it), and you can tell me what to do with myself, the best thing is to not let it get to the name calling part.....just let it go......

While there is wisdom spoken by many long time collectors here, there is also a youthful spirit and drive to achieve in many newcomers, both can be used to promote a particular issue and all can benefit.
  • DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you ask John? NGC is usually pretty good about this.

Scott Schecter was my contact person. He told me that he went-to-bat for me to try to get the designation, but got blammed.

Did offer free grading for them and offered to designate one "John Nanney Collection" . . . which means nothing. Nice guy btw.

Didn't try ANACS, & from what I understand, PCGS doesn't do this.

Regards, John >>

Hey John, it would too mean something, years from now everyone that doesn't already know, will know your the man and that coin will always be special and would pull a ton of dough as well, not that you wouldn't maybe wanna keep it cause thats up to you...I bet right now it'd fetch $10G's plus...BTW, I had a plug for you in my listings stating you discovered it...image >>

----------------------------------------------------------
    I think Casman is right. A "John Nanney Collection" designation along with the CW mention and your affidavit would add a good premium to your two “discovery” coins.

Lay claim and build proof of your role and connection to a piece of History. Don't under appreciate that fact.

John Nanney will be the answer to a trivia question some day.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, so it's really come down to this.

19Lyds, you an idiot, pure and simple. >>

To quote my favorite newbie (TonyWKoo) from: Thursday June 12, 2008 11:27 AM (NEW!) (in a reply to Gecko)

"Nice, you've resorted to name calling and insults. That's really classy. image "

Again, I've never said I do not like this coin. This coin is definitely unique in that its the very first SAE Variety.

I've never said it will come crashing down. I have simply stated "the prices will level off and more than likely drop from it's current levels."

How this can be translated into

"You bring absolutely nothing to this forum, other than your negativity. Yes, people speak of your expertise and your experience. However, I have to add that the only time that you display your knowledge is when you want to take a complete dump on this coin. "

is simply beyond my capabilities!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>19Lyds, just like you posted

My comment was not in reference to "if" a higher price was published but rather "if" someone took adavantage of it recently and actually was paid $600 per by the dealer. >>

I understand that but I've also dealt with Coast to Coast Coins on sveral occasions. At one point they were a great source for RDV-006 IKE's.

However, I will call them in the morning to find out if their offer price has changed and I will truthfully report back what I am told.

It's just as simple as that!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • +1, Lyds,....+1
    Thx 19Lyds
    I called Coast to Coast yesterday -- not buying at this time. ModernCoinMart was paying $450.

No thanks at those prices.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>I called Coast to Coast yesterday -- not buying at this time. ModernCoinMart was paying $450.

No thanks at those prices. >>

Dang it! You stole my thunder! Niow what am I gonna do?

The name is LEE!
    I finally used my chits at PCGS and sent in my best 8 out of about 30. Several were flawless (IMHO), even with a loupe. All were better than the NGC 70's I bought when they were $200.

All 69's. Pretty frustrating, I don't even like slabs, but gave it a whirl for kicks.
    Just what I suspected, not 600, not even buying.

There are some buying in the 475-500 range, still better than closing at 500 on ebay - no fees!!!!
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Just what I suspected, not 600, not even buying.>>

Your right, why bother with ebay, if this guy is buying for 450-500.

The last two I sold were returned because, quote un quote, "they had no shot at 70".

One guy said, "I should be ashamed of my self for gouging the public".

I told him to go f$%^ himself, the money I made was going towards student loans, that my GI Bill was supposed to cover.

My Government renigged on the deal, good ol US ARMY taking care of it's troops, sorry just had to let it out.

Gouging, so what do you call Mobil's 10 billion dollar quarter?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

<< <i>

<< <i>19Lyds, just like you posted

I understand that but I've also dealt with Coast to Coast Coins on sveral occasions. At one point they were a great source for RDV-006 IKE's.

However, I will call them in the morning to find out if their offer price has changed and I will truthfully report back what I am told.

It's just as simple as that! >>

I just spoke with the buyer at Coast to Coast who stated that they had filled up on buys for last week but had resumed buying just yesterday.

Buy Price: $500 Sell Price: $599

The name is LEE!
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    165 auctions
    -69 56/165 33.9%
    -70 51/165 30.9
    Other 58/165 35.2

<< <i>There are some buying in the 475-500 range, still better than closing at 500 on ebay - no fees!!!! >>

True, no eBay Fee's but wouldn't you also have to bear the cost of shipping and delivery confirmstion/insurance?

I suppose it's six of one and half dozen of the other.

The name is LEE!
  • Guys I'm sure this will draw a lot of flack but I think we have seen the peak for next few years and I expect a decline in price for raw or MS69 coins back to $300 range.

I expect a graph of slope of the decline will mirror slope of the rise.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I need to say to everyone on this message board, there are young numismatists who read these for the great content. I do not think that the personal attacks or extremely foul language are called for and they certainly are not acceptable.

You all should remember that the young numismatists see these conflicts and it could seriously harm their opinion of the boards.

So, if not for your fellow collector, please, PLEASE keep the young numismatists in mind when you post. These aren't "over 18" boards and it would be a terrible shame if parents had to start restricting their kids from these boards due to horrible content.

99% of the members here post with respect for everyone.

• Guys I'm sure this will draw a lot of flack but I think we have seen the peak for next few years and I expect a decline in price for raw or MS69 coins back to $300 range.

• stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    Who is buying these for $500.00?!? I cant even sell my 5 NGC MS69s for $450.00 on Ebay!!!

Jeff
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Nutz4coins: "I just dont understand why you think you can 'rally the troops' around this coin"

Because he truly thinks he can and simply doesn't know any better.

After all, we're just a bunch of moron's who haven't a clue about how things work in the coin world or even the real world! >>

The plural of moron is morons. The apostrophe makes it possessive, not plural. Doctor, heal thyself.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>GoldBully

As you know already, EBAY isnt always the best venue for these coins

There have been many dealers that cannot fill orders that are buying raw @500 for the last few weeks,

One dealer in CW was reportedly paying 600, but that was not confirmed by anyone I know

>>

i'd be glad to confirm it.. i shot this picture one minute ago.. latest issue of NN, cover date 24 June, 2008, arrived in my mailbox today.. Coast to Coast's ad.. inside front two pages.. exact same box has been running in their CW and NN double-page spread ads for the past two or three issues..

unless you don't want to believe yer lyin' eyes.. here ya go:

image >>

I scanned this June 30th Coin World Add 1 minute ago but I scanned the disclaimer:

Note: All Prices Subject to Change

This particular add was more than likely approved two-three weeks ago at the earliest since printing and distribution take forever!

I'll call them in the morning to find out what their current buy/sell prices are just to get up to date information. >>

his exact quote was "One dealer in CW was reportedly paying 600, but that was not confirmed by anyone I know" - I posted the confirmation in the form a photograph with that offer. They were advertising a buy price of $600.00 and that ad is still running in CW's and NN's latest issues. Fine print aside, magazine lead times aside, I gave him visual confirmation of their offer. With a weekly rag, distribution and printing take a couple of weeks. With a glossy, monthly rag, about two to three months. Having written over a thousand bylined articles for at least sixteen different magazines since 1985, I know a little bit about the inner workings of the magazine business.

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

<< <i>Guys I'm sure this will draw a lot of flack but I think we have seen the peak for next few years and I expect a decline in price for raw or MS69 coins back to $300 range.

I expect a graph of slope of the decline will mirror slope of the rise. >>

You may be absolutely correct and you'll draw no flack from me because this is usually what happens and is what I have been stating all along.

Buying Frenzy = Big Prices

Once everybody gets what they want, they move on to something else.

The coin is still a unique variety and always will be plus it will always command some type of premium. What that premium will be is up to the collectors. Remember that when this thing hit, they could still be had for $25.95 from the mint. To me thats exactly the same as picking up gold nuggets in a creek bed and then telling the world here you found them!

The frenzy soon followed but at this point in time, it may be dying off. Again, only time will tell.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>his exact quote was "One dealer in CW was reportedly paying 600, but that was not confirmed by anyone I know" - I posted the confirmation in the form a photograph with that offer. They were advertising a buy price of $600.00 and that ad is still running in CW's and NN's latest issues. Fine print aside, magazine lead times aside, I gave him visual confirmation of their offer. With a weekly rag, distribution and printing take a couple of weeks. With a glossy, monthly rag, about two to three months. Having written over a thousand bylined articles for at least sixteen different magazines since 1985, I know a little bit about the inner workings of the magazine business.

Harv >>

Gotcha Harv! image

The name is LEE!

• << <i>

<< <i>Guys I'm sure this will draw a lot of flack but I think we have seen the peak for next few years and I expect a decline in price for raw or MS69 coins back to $300 range.

I expect a graph of slope of the decline will mirror slope of the rise. >>

You may be absolutely correct and you'll draw no flack from me because this is usually what happens and is what I have been stating all along.

Buying Frenzy = Big Prices

Once everybody gets what they want, they move on to something else.

The coin is still a unique variety and always will be plus it will always command some type of premium. What that premium will be is up to the collectors. Remember that when this thing hit, they could still be had for $25.95 from the mint. To me thats exactly the same as picking up gold nuggets in a creek bed and then telling the world here you found them!

The frenzy soon followed but at this point in time, it may be dying off. Again, only time will tell. >>

If you're so sure, then you should sell now to one of those off line dealers for $450-$500. Then, you could come back and buy for $300. Make sense?

You know what that's actually a really a good idea. OK, you've changed my mind. I've decided to switch my position. I'm gonna dump everything I have. I've already taken all the pics of my coins. They're right here on my work computer. If I have enough free time, I'll see if I can list all 5 today. Maybe I can still dump all of them before the **** really hits the fan.
  • Also, while I do agree that flame wars should not be allowed (and of course, I've been one of several here who have been guilty of this), please see the the "Terms of Membership":

https://www.collectors.com/join/terms_of_membership.chtml

"You agree that, as the holder of your membership account, you are entirely responsible for activities conducted through your account. If you authorize a minor to use your account, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOME AREAS OF THESE FORUMS MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR MINORS. These Forums are not intended for use by minors."

But of course, it also says:

"You agree that you will not use or allow others to use your membership in these Forums to:

Post or transmit any Materials, or links to any Materials, which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or threatening, which violate the right of privacy or any other right of any person or entity, or which intentionally or unintentionally violate any local, state, federal or international law or regulation."

Oh, and as far as protecting the eyes of minors, c'mon, you can't be serious. This is the internet, for Christs sakes. I'm pretty sure that in today's world, children see much worse than some **** on the internet. And of course, just so that I don't sound too arrogant, this is all just MHO.

Be that as it may, due to a suggestion of another member, I'll replace $**** and Mother$****** to **** and Mother******. Is that good enough?
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Oh, and as far as protecting the eyes of minors, c'mon, you can't be serious. This is the internet, for Christs sakes. I'm pretty sure that in today's world, children see much worse than some **** on the internet. And of course, just so that I don't sound too arrogant, this is all just MHO.

Be that as it may, due to a suggestion of another member, I'll replace $**** and Mother$****** to **** and Mother******. Is that good enough? >>

No, not good enough. Please keep it clean. We've managed to keep this board clean of language like that for years, haven't you noticed? Regardless of what children may see somewhere else, there's no need for them to see it here.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we have seen the peak for next few years and I expect a decline in price for raw or MS69 coins back to $300 range. >>

People want to buy into something (anything) that's going up sharply in price, because they believe the upward curve will continue, and there's money to be made. When prices go down, people back off, in fear of losing money.

When gold was at $240, it sat there. As it went past $900 on the way to $1000, buying fever drew people in. This is no different, and those who panic and sell into a down market will lose. I won't, but if it ever gets to what I paid ($195) again, I will buy some more MS69's. image
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/

• << <i>

<< <i>

Be that as it may, due to a suggestion of another member, I'll replace $**** and Mother$****** to **** and Mother******. Is that good enough? >>

No, not good enough. Please keep it clean. We've managed to keep this board clean of language like that for years, haven't you noticed? Regardless of what children may see somewhere else, there's no need for them to see it here. >>

Sorry, that's as far as I'll go. Please report me.

Now please leave me along for awhile. I'll be busy working on my postings on ebay...or maybe I should call one of the brick and mortar dealers like you said.
    The problem with English, is that sometimes a statement or sentence is worded in such a way that it's open to various interpretations. In other words, it begs more questions to get to the true gist of what he was saying. Soooooo.. dissecting the sentence:

"One dealer in CW was reportedly paying 600, but that was not confirmed by anyone I know"

I could interpret that to mean:

- No one I know (personally know? casually know? someone who posts here or somewhere else who qualifies as "anyone I know") ever confirmed to me that he or she saw such an ad

or

- I did see the ad but no one I know called to confirm that buy price offer.

in which case I'd say "so, pick up the phone and call them yourself and ask if the offer's still valid."

Companies employ small print to avoid such things as.. oh.. lawsuits for false advertising. Look at any new car or used car ad on TV. They flash a screenful of text full of fine print that comes and goes so fast, no human can possibly read it all, and by its very nature, NTSC (television) displays are blurry. Even if you record the commercial and play it back and freeze-frame it, unless you have newish state-of-the-art huge screen Plasma or LCD set, you still can't read it. But it apparently satisfies FCC rules, so they can get away with it.

Here's another oddball FCC rule having to do with prescription drugs. If you advertise a prescription drug on TV, and you NAME that drug and its purpose (sleep aid, asthma relief, female "problems".. whatever), you are forced by the FCC to include both a verbal and text description of possible side-effects. If you name the drug, but DON'T state its purpose (for example.. you see a couple of folks in their sixties holding hands and walking on the beach smiling at each other, while the over-voice says something like "Astra Zeneca's new Flamboingo will bring you relief" (but not say releif from what!).. you're exempt from having to list its possible side effects. Non-prescription drugs / OTC drugs are exempt from these nutty rules. That law went into effect a number of years ago. Before that, prescription medications couldn't be advertised on TV at all. Nor could hard liquor. In liquor ads, now, hard liquor advertising, along with beer IS permitted.. but.. they STILL can't depict someone actually drinking it.. watch any beer or hard liquor add on TV.. you'll NEVER see anyone actually putting a glass or bottle to their lips and drinking it.. another FCC rule..

Not to belabor the point, but a couple of months ago, a former University English Professor friend of mine went into his local mall. A sign outside some store said "FREE DVR!" That's ALL the sign said. No fine print at all. No asterisks, no qualifications, just "FREE DVR!".. so he walked in and said "please give me my free DVR." The salesdroid asked him what he was talking about. He referred to the sign outside the store and told them "there's no fine print on that sign, it says "FREE DVR!" so please give it to me. They refused, and told him in order to get it, he'd have to sign up for some Dish TV service, blah blah etc. etc. He went to the mall management office, and dragged someone down to look at the sign, and what the salesdroid had told him. They told him "we'll get back to you."

No one got back to him, of course, so a couple days later he went back to the mall, went to the store, and the sign was gone. He trekked to the mall management office and asked why no one got back to him, as they had promised to do, and they went into a long song and dance filled with legalese nonsense, defending the store owner, and copping out with some baloney about how the sign had been "a mistake."

I don't think my friend honestly thought the store was going to hand him a free DVR, but that's what their sign said. He took it at face value. I'm talking about a guy with a Ph.D in English. He got nowhere with them or the mall management, but there was the sign in black and white, totally unambiguous, no fine print of any kind, no stipulations or gotchas. No "see sales associate for details." Nothing. It offered something for free, he walked in and asked for that free thing, and for days, tenaciously went back and forth with them, while both the store and the management did everything they possibly could to weasle out of it, to the point that the store's manager even denied the sign had ever been there to begin with! I told him "next time, take a camera with you. If they offer something for free with no stipulations, and then refuse to give that thing to you, they're guilty of false advertising. It might have been a mistake, but legally, well, I'm not a lawyer, but to me, it meant what it said."

Me, I would have called every authority I could think of to get satisfaction. And since I carry a smart phone with a camera, I would have taken a picture of the sign and enjoyed watching them try to deny it was ever there.

Anyway, enough. English is a strange language, filled with ambiguities and different ways to interpret the same words. That's one reason why people for whom English is not their native tongue have such troubles learning it. After all, it's been nearly 250 years, and the Supreme Court is still trying to define the Constitution. They can hardly dig up the guys who wore the powdered wigs and funny pants and ask them "what did you MEAN by this sentence?" The world was a lot different back in the 18th century. Words meant different things than the same words mean today.

Harv
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing causes maturity image

HE>I

<< <i>Editing causes maturity image >>

Wow. It does?.. in that case, I'm gonna stop doing it.. maybe I'll get younger!.. just as long as it doesn't cause maternity..

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good day to ya, Harv.
    I'm dislexic. I meant that maturity causes editing.

HE>I

<< <i>image
    Good day to ya, Harv.
    I'm dislexic. I meant that maturity causes editing. >>

didya year about the agnostic dyslexic?.. he wasn't really sure there is a dog..

{{rim shot}}..

Harv
  • You know, all of this has nothing to do with swear words or even numismatics.

This is about grown mature men(some are in their 40's, 50's and even 60's) who have over-fragile egos and can't accept the fact that someone else (a young "newbie" whipper snapper "with low number of posts") might actually have something positive to contribute to everyone. HOW DARE HE!!! image

Everyone already knows this, including them.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know, all of this has nothing to do with swear words or even numismatics. This is about grown mature men(some are in their 40's, 50's and even 60's) who have over-fragile egos and can't accept the fact that someone else (a young "newbie" whipper snapper "with low number of posts") might actually have something positive to contribute to everyone. HOW DARE HE!!! image Everyone already knows this, including them. >>

THere are always disagreements on the board. Is it your postion that if those of the opposite opinion don't become enlightened and see it your way the proper response is a barrage of prohibited words? Read more and post less for a while.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Just read this description and had to laugh...2008/07 reverse raw....You are bidding on a 2008-W American Silver Eagle, with a 2007 Error Reverse.

PLEASE LOOK AT ALL OF THE PICTURES.

When I recieved this coin from the mint, it had a black dot on the front edge of liberty's skirt.

In my attempt to remove the dot I left kind of a big scratch on the coin and a couple of small scratches. (It gets worse).

In my attempt to remove the scratches, I used Brasso, thus leaving a dull finish on parts of the front of the coin.

The US Mint's error is on the reverse. "My error is on the front!" A coin collector should know better.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just called Coast to Coast, and they're not offering $600 a piece for the 08/07 reverse.

He said right now $500 a piece, for a few pieces, few meaning less than 5.

Just figured someone should call and verify the print.

He also stated that we're not interested in large quantities.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Sigh...the truth is that in real life, I'm actually very polite and very respectful...especially to those who are older than me. But when I'm just responding to a bunch of words on the screen, a picture of a coin, a face, or an insignia, or to some random Login ID...maybe those people become less like people and my words become much more direct, harsh, and un-tactful.

In the future, before I feel the urge to write a very direct and very aggressive message, I'll remind myself that there's an actual live breathing person who's going to be reading it.

My apologies for offending....
  • ok, I'll do it 4,300

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file