Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• << <i>BTW we might as well break 4000..... >>

....and near midnight to boot. Kind of an anti-climatic breaking of the milestone, don't ya think?

• << <i>

<< <i>BTW we might as well break 4000..... >>

....and near midnight to boot. Kind of an anti-climatic breaking of the milestone, don't ya think? >>

Anit-climatic? No....I wouldn't say that. For some reason, after all the speculation and conclusion this week of this coin being in the Red Book and being in the registry of NGC and PCGS, I'm a lot more comforted in knowing with some level of certainty that this isn't just a flash in the pan. It's got a long life ahead of it, and I think that it's definitely going to go much higher than the price levels we currently see. It'll happen. It's now just a matter of when.

I'm pretty content and satisfied with that knoweldge. image

EDIT: Oh, just one more thing. As for the length of this thread, just think about this. We've reached 4000 messages in just a couple of months. This is only the beginning. Since we know that his coin will have a LOOONNNGGGG lifetime, 4000 is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

Oh, and I'm so content and satisfied, I'm not even too worried about any price fluctuations that might occur. image Hell, it might even be a good time to buy again. Hm.... pcgs ms70 first strike... image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Is this typical?

Deal or no deal?? image >>

No GB, it's not typical, the one with the working pics sold for $550. less...Link....image
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    185 auctions
    -69 65/185 35.0%
    -70 43/185 23.0
    Other 77/185 42.0
  • John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Why did PCGS stop putting the reverse showing when they slabbed these or is that just for 1st strike and the regular holders show the obv?

• << <i>Look at the pictures there are some on pages 123 check them >>

Number of pages dependant on ones settings. I only show 81 pages for this thread (50 posts/page)

• << <i> it might even be a good time to buy again. Hm.... pcgs ms70 first strike... >>

Thats exactly what some folks are doing right now. image
  • Why did PCGS stop putting the reverse showing when they slabbed these or is that just for 1st strike and the regular holders show the obv?

You have to specifically ask for them to do this for you.

Shannon
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin.

And this thread DOES have potential.

BTW, did you people know that the Moon Landing was faked?
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this typical?

Deal or no deal?? image >>

On the other end of the stick, is this typical?

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Why did PCGS stop putting the reverse showing when they slabbed these or is that just for 1st strike and the regular holders show the obv?

You have to specifically ask for them to do this for you.

Shannon >>

I was informed that you should take the coins out of the capsules, put them in flips and write what you want on the flip prior to submission, simply writing your request on the submission forms in gigantic letters or on the packaging materials is useless, guess nobody looks those things....
  • I got back my (3) 2008/2007 and (4) 2008/2008 from NGC yesterday. it was my first time submitting to them. First let me comment that I was blown away by the speed of the service: I submitted them on Saturday, June 7th at the Balmer coin show, and I received them back on Friday, June 20th. The whole process only took two calendar weeks, but their terms state that they have twelve working days from the time the coins are received. They also sent them via registered, priority mail. Anyhoo, it was a pleasant surprise. I was more than satisfied with my grades, too (I had hoped for just one MS-70 2008/2007image I wish that PCGS would similarly offer direct submission privileges that are not paid membership-based. But I guess that they don't have to do so, because people consider them the best (and they control the largest market share). Oh well, one can still hope (however forlornlyimage

(2) MS-70 2008/2007
    (1) MS-69 2008/2007
    (3) MS-70 2008/2008
    (1) MS-69 2008/2008

• << <i>I got back my (3) 2008/2007 and (4) 2008/2008 from NGC yesterday. it was my first time submitting to them. First let me comment that I was blown away by the speed of the service: I submitted them on Saturday, June 7th at the Balmer coin show, and I received them back on Friday, June 20th. The whole process only took two calendar weeks, but their terms state that they have twelve working days from the time the coins are received. They also sent them via registered, priority mail. Anyhoo, it was a pleasant surprise. I was more than satisfied with my grades, too (I had hoped for just one MS-70 2008/2007image I wish that PCGS would similarly offer direct submission privileges that are not paid membership-based. But I guess that they don't have to do so, because people consider them the best (and they control the largest market share). Oh well, one can still hope (however forlornlyimage

(2) MS-70 2008/2007
    (1) MS-69 2008/2007
    (3) MS-70 2008/2008
    (1) MS-69 2008/2008 >>

Congrats!! Nice grades
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Look at the pictures there are some on pages 123 check them. >>

since one can set one's personal preferences on these boreds to show x number of postings per page, (i have mine set to 100 per page).. telling someone else to look on page "123" is meaningless unless they have their number of postings per page set the same way as you do.. it'd be easier to give them the poster's name and the date and time in a thread with over 4000 postings.. since there are about 4000 postings in this thread, and i have my preferences here set to show me 100 per page, i am getting 41 pages.. if i had it set to show me 10 postings per page, i'd be getting 410 pages.. make sense?.. or cents?.. the way this bored is designed, it's also impossible to search the body text in a specific thread for a specific string.. like if someone in this thread said "i like mustard on my hot dogs".. try to search for the posting that contained that string of words.. it can't be done.. which is one of the serious lackings of this "FuseTalk" Web-based discussion package..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW we might as well break 4000..... >>

....and near midnight to boot. Kind of an anti-climatic breaking of the milestone, don't ya think? >>

i'd rather see these coins break $4000.00 each.. but in the infamous words of Bachman-Turner Overweight.. i'll take what i can get.. yes ill take what i can get.. but b-b-baby you ain't seen nuthin' yet..

BTO video (excellent sound.. crappy video)..
    i've had this song running through my head all day after posting a snippet of the lyrics above, so i thought i'd share.. not like you folks couldn't find it yourselves..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I like your thinking!!!
    $4000 for the 69's
    $20000 for the 70's
    How's that sound?
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>I like your thinking!!!
    $4000 for the 69's
    $20000 for the 70's
    How's that sound? >>

It looks GOOD on paper, or the monitor as this case may be image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I have a big 24" monitor. I can make the figures gigantic.

$4000 for the 69's
    $20000 for the 70's
    How's that sound? >>

sounds like a plan.. "Make it so" - Jean-Luc Picard..

• << <i>

$4000 for the 69's
    $20000 for the 70's
    How's that sound? >>

sounds like a plan.. "Make it so" - Jean-Luc Picard.. >>

"Engage!" - 2nd Jean-Luc Picard quote image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice deal??? or sign of things to come??? image
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice deal??? or sign of things to come??? image >>

Seems like there's been quite a few like that going for under $500 the past couple of days.

<< <i>Nice deal??? or sign of things to come??? image >>

it's Saturday.. all the rich people are out by their pools while their servants are waxing their Ferrari Pina Coladas.. who knows.. ya can't base a trend on a sampling of one.. maybe he reeled'em in with the free shipping.. despite his lousy feedback.. ya just never know with eBay.. sometimes you can grab a bargain.. if you call a coin you could buy a couple months ago for less than a third of that price "a bargain"..
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be holding pretty strong to me. Here is a chart of PCGS MS69's

• Hey people, there are definitely going to be price fluctuations here, just like with everyone else. Just look at the stock market. In the short run, there's going to be ups and downs, but in the long run, we should know with that with a fair amount of certainty that this coin's value is going to go up.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin.

And this thread DOES have potential.

BTW, did you people know that the Moon Landing was faked? >>

BLTN

Renimage
  • deleted
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    185 auctions
    -69 64/185 34.6%
    -70 44/185 23.8
    Other 77/185 41.6
    if you remember from a few days ago, someone mentioning this pig-in-a-poke sealed box of who knows what auction..
    this one
    and the seller using this verbiage in his description:
    "VERY LIMITED ONLY ABOUT 25,000 OR MUCH LESS !!"
    and i said i would ask him where he came up with that number.. since the Mint's spokesman had said NOTHING more about it after using the 47,000 number.. we've only speculated here that far fewer were actually shipped.. anyway.. i asked him where he came up with that 25,000 or much less, and he answered me last night.. his answer is pretty long and complex.. so i hope you have the time to read and analyze it..
    here's exactly what he said:

"US MINT REP.

- crlsjvr1966"

yeah, i saw Capricorn One.. the moon landing.. or in that case, the Mars landing was faked..
    US MINT REP. gave him the 25,000 OR MUCH LESS!! number.. uh-huh..

• << <i>if you remember from a few days ago, someone mentioning this pig-in-a-poke sealed box of who knows what auction..
    this one
    and the seller using this verbiage in his description:
    "VERY LIMITED ONLY ABOUT 25,000 OR MUCH LESS !!"
    and i said i would ask him where he came up with that number.. since the Mint's spokesman had said NOTHING more about it after using the 47,000 number.. we've only speculated here that far fewer were actually shipped.. anyway.. i asked him where he came up with that 25,000 or much less, and he answered me last night.. his answer is pretty long and complex.. so i hope you have the time to read and analyze it..
    here's exactly what he said:

"US MINT REP.

- crlsjvr1966"
    yeah, he said the same thing when I asked him.

"From the US MINT, 47,000 were minted but only about 25,000 made to the hands of the consumer, but everybody gets different info from different US MINT employee's...
    Thank you

- crlsjvr1966"

yeah, i saw Capricorn One.. the moon landing.. or in that case, the Mars landing was faked..
    US MINT REP. gave him the 25,000 OR MUCH LESS!! number.. uh-huh.. >>

<< <i>
    yeah, he said the same thing when I asked him.

"From the US MINT, 47,000 were minted but only about 25,000 made to the hands of the consumer, but everybody gets different info from different US MINT employee's...
    Thank you

- crlsjvr1966"

>>

imageimage
    is anyone else not getting email notifications of new postings to subscribed threads for the past couple of days?.. depending on how you have your bored preferences set up, you get an email everytime someone posts to a thread to which you're subscribed..

a couple of weeks ago they came in VERY quickly after someone posted.. then they started getting delayed.. then they started bunching up so i'd get a few dozen of them at a time (out of a very busy thread like this).. for the past two days i've gotten NONE and i haven't changed anything on my side.. so i have to keep coming back here to all the threads to which i'm subscribed, the ones that are current enough that people still post to them, to see if there's anything new.. yeah yeah i know, woe is me, modern problems, blah blah etc. etc.. just wondered if this is happening to the rest of you.. if it is, then sumpin' broken with this bored's FuseTalk software.. and no, RR, my ISP, and Vista are not throwing them in my spam / junk mail folder..

maybe an anonymous MINT WORKER did it..

• I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. image I refused.

<< <i>I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. image I refused. >>

translate "buy" to "steal"..

• << <i>

<< <i>I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. image I refused. >>

translate "buy" to "steal".. >>

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I brought up the subject of this coin, the first thing he did was to "sell as fast as I can!". Hm....he really seems to be looking out for my best interest, eh??? image
    yeah.. unload them as fast as you can.. they'll be worth spit if you don't.. meanwhile, i'll buy one from you at about half the going price.. if you fell for that, i would bet you any coin i own that within minutes it'd be in his display case priced at double or more what he paid you, and he'd be laughing his head off mumbling "sucker!" to himself..

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. I refused. >>

So did I, in Hartford, CT. I managed to sell 4 @ $425 a piece, raw. He didn't even check them, right into his leather bag.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

• << <i>He didn't even check them, right into his leather bag >>

He probably said "This is HOT Stuff!!!" I better hide this right away before i get bushwhacked on my way to my car. image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. I refused. >>

So did I, in Hartford, CT. I managed to sell 4 @ $425 a piece, raw. He didn't even check them, right into his leather bag. >>

It's never bad to take a profit. Couldnt' you have done better on the BST ?
    I offered to trade a Martha Washington Gold half ounce Proof for one raw ASE 08/w '07 reverse, to no avail. image
    It must be my breath

<<He probably said "This is HOT Stuff!!!" I better hide this right away before i get bushwhacked on my way to my car.>>

I was baffled, he hands me $1700, and doesn't even verify what he bought.

He jumped right in his car, and was gone within 45 seconds after the deal.
  • ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<I went to my very first coin show today. It was OK. I'm trying to complete a Silver Eagle Proof Set, but not too many dealers had them. I did talk to one dealer about the this particular coin though. He wanted to buy one from me for $300. I refused. >>

So did I, in Hartford, CT. I managed to sell 4 @ $425 a piece, raw. He didn't even check them, right into his leather bag. >>

It's never bad to take a profit. Couldnt' you have done better on the BST ?
    I offered to trade a Martha Washington Gold half ounce Proof for one raw ASE 08/w '07 reverse, to no avail. image
    It must be my breath
    image >>

It was not your breath. image

• << <i>I was baffled, he hands me $1700, and doesn't even verify what he bought. >>

All he needed to see was the U and he knew that this coin is just having its dip right now and it will just as soon take off! So before you change your mind and say "Thank You " he said "See Ya!" image
  • ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

<< <i>No Takers!!! image >>

His feedback was 91%. That might had something to do with it.
    <<All he needed to see was the U and he knew that this coin is just having its dip right now and it will just as soon take off! So before you change your mind and say "Thank You " he said "See Ya!">>

He never opened the boxes. Stuffed them in his leather bag, jumped in his car and was gone.

Never saw the guy in my life.

Edit to post:

Can I put a link in my sigline for my BST widget?

<< <i>

His feedback was 91%. That might had something to do with it. >>

Not to mention....No PayPal!!!

• << <i>No Takers!!! image >>

Just try to relax. How about these:

<< <i>

Just try to relax. >>

• gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

Just try to relax. >>

Still hyping this coin huh Tony? I can see you are quite the spinster. "Dont show below average results, that might soften the market". How many of these do you own again Tony?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's never bad to take a profit. Couldnt' you have done better on the BST ?
    It must be my breath
    image >>

It was not your breath. image >>

Whew, thanks. And it's nice to make your acquaintence again, Elynn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file