Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    Well if these things are getting flipped as much as some people think they are,then i would think that the population of these coins are very low and i mean very low.jmho.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Well if these things are getting flipped as much as some people think they are,then i would think that the population of these coins are very low and i mean very low.jmho. >>

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't the TPGs already graded close to half of the alleged Memphis 47,000?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    will the NGC Ms-70 ER make a double top ?? back about 5 weeks , gainesville sold a NGC Ms-70 for 868.00 .prices then dropped back to the 600s. Over the weekend prices came back to the same level with a top price of 930.00 . Prices are now at a crossroad ..blast off higher or start a much larger price correction .

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Haven't the TPGs already graded close to half of the alleged Memphis 47,000? >>

No, only about 12000.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    We are now at $795 for a PCGS MS69 FS

The bad news... Sold mine for $575 image

Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think there are hoards hoarded with lips sealed

the coins will dribbled out or held tight.

it would not suprise me if they jumped to $1500 or stayed in the low 900's, (NGC 70's) it is insanity what the FS PCGS 70's coins are going for now...a real buy the plastic not the coin phenomena at its best, but if you are a registry collector.....gotta have one to keep pace...nice job PCGS. (sarcasm)

• Options

<< <i>i think there are hoards hoarded with lips sealed

it would not suprise me if they jumped to $1500 or stayed in the low 900's, (NGC 70's) it is insanity what the FS PCGS 70's coins are going for now...a real buy the plastic not the coin phenomena at its best, but if you are a registry collector.....gotta have one to keep pace...nice job PCGS. (sarcasm) >>

Didn't get one did ya or did you sell early?
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

NGC Brown label MS70 BIN 965.00.........................GONE 130225712562
  • Options

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Just thought I'd let you all know that I had some free time today at work...
    so I finally did the research and filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
    request to the Mint.

Assuming these records actually exist, the burden of proof is on the government to
    provide a compelling reason why they cannot grant the request.

Here's the exceptions to the rule...I can't see how any of these could possibly
    apply to asking for some mintages, etc. It's not a national security issue.
    I will keep you posted on the board when I hear something (they say 20 business days).

From the Mint:
    Exemptions for Withholding Records Under the FOIA

The basic concept of the FOIA is to provide maximum allowable disclosure of agency records to the requestor. There are records which are deemed inappropriate for disclosure due to a certain harm which disclosure may cause. Following are the nine FOIA exemptions pursuant to which information may be exempt from disclosure:

(b)(1) -- (Classified Information) National defense or foreign policy matter required by Executive Order to be kept secret.

(b)(2) -- (Internal Administrative Matters) Matters related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.

(b)(3) -- (Other Federal Statutes) Matters specifically exempted from disclosure by some other statute.

(b)(4) -- (Commercial/Financial) Trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person that is privileged or confidential.

(b)(5) -- (Inter-agency/Intra-agency) Inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters.

(b)(6) -- (Personal Privacy) Personnel, medical, or similar files which, if disclosed, would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.

(b)(7) -- (Law Enforcement Information) Records/information compiled for law enforcement purposes.

(b)(8) -- (Bank Records) Matters related to the regulation or supervision of financial institutions.

(b)(9) -- (Well Information) Geological and geophysical information and data concerning wells (including maps).
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i think there are hoards hoarded with lips sealed

it would not suprise me if they jumped to $1500 or stayed in the low 900's, (NGC 70's) it is insanity what the FS PCGS 70's coins are going for now...a real buy the plastic not the coin phenomena at its best, but if you are a registry collector.....gotta have one to keep pace...nice job PCGS. (sarcasm) >>

Didn't get one did ya or did you sell early? >>

sold early and made enough to keep a "free" MS70 (NGC) and a pay eBay fee's
    no regrets
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>We are now at $795 for a PCGS MS69 FS

image >>

Next stop 1K image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Next stop 1K image >>

Hey mach19, do you thing the raw will hit $1K? If so, how soon?
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

<< <i>Just thought I'd let you all know that I had some free time today at work...
    request to the Mint.

>>

good on ya!.. as my Aussie friends would say.. let's see how they try to weasel out of this one..

• Options

<< <i>Just thought I'd let you all know that I had some free time today at work...
    request to the Mint.

Assuming these records actually exist, the burden of proof is on the government to
    provide a compelling reason why they cannot grant the request.

Here's the exceptions to the rule...I can't see how any of these could possibly
    apply to asking for some mintages, etc. It's not a national security issue.
    I will keep you posted on the board when I hear something (they say 20 business days).

From the Mint:
    Exemptions for Withholding Records Under the FOIA

The basic concept of the FOIA is to provide maximum allowable disclosure of agency records to the requestor. There are records which are deemed inappropriate for disclosure due to a certain harm which disclosure may cause. Following are the nine FOIA exemptions pursuant to which information may be exempt from disclosure:

(b)(1) -- (Classified Information) National defense or foreign policy matter required by Executive Order to be kept secret.

(b)(2) -- (Internal Administrative Matters) Matters related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.

(b)(3) -- (Other Federal Statutes) Matters specifically exempted from disclosure by some other statute.

(b)(4) -- (Commercial/Financial) Trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person that is privileged or confidential.

(b)(5) -- (Inter-agency/Intra-agency) Inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters.

(b)(6) -- (Personal Privacy) Personnel, medical, or similar files which, if disclosed, would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.

(b)(7) -- (Law Enforcement Information) Records/information compiled for law enforcement purposes.

(b)(8) -- (Bank Records) Matters related to the regulation or supervision of financial institutions.

(b)(9) -- (Well Information) Geological and geophysical information and data concerning wells (including maps). >>

What about (B)(b)(10)... Non-leftist organization requests. They might hit you on that oneimage
    Seriously though-thanks for doing that. Look foward to the result.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Next stop 1K image >>

Hey mach19, do you thing the raw will hit $1K? If so, how soon? >>

Only time will tell. You need to activate on your P.M. ( personal messages )

Have a good one!!!~David image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    average sold price searching "2007 2008 reverse -pcgs -ngc" today is now at $599.95 image

BUT THAT'S BECAUSE ONLY 1 HAS SOLD SO FAR TODAY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Haven't the TPGs already graded close to half of the alleged Memphis 47,000? >>

So pops are current at 12K as of noon today then?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>average sold price searching "2007 2008 reverse -pcgs -ngc" today is now at $599.95 image

BUT THAT'S BECAUSE ONLY 1 HAS SOLD SO FAR TODAY!!!!!!! >>

Look @ the post above
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "One coin under scrutiny, with "Liberty" and justice for all who got one from the mint. image "

I nearly caught ya Dave. It was a race !
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One sold raw for $599 buy it now price.
    Trade $'s
  • Options

<< <i>NGC Brown label MS70 BIN 965.00.........................GONE 130225712562 >>

My coin club sold the last 2008/07 over the weekend.... we put in over $$70,000 , buying both raw and TPGs 2008/07s , buying in the 1st 10 days of May..
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>NGC Brown label MS70 BIN 965.00.........................GONE 130225712562 >>

My coin club sold the last 2008/07 over the weekend.... we put in over $$70,000 , buying both raw and TPGs 2008/07s , buying in the 1st 10 days of May.. >>

That's a smart coin club. Way to go.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

My coin club sold the last 2008/07 over the weekend.... we put in over $$70,000 , buying both raw and TPGs 2008/07s , buying in the 1st 10 days of May.. >>

That's a smart coin club. Way to go. >>

Going into coins at Heritage this week..
  • Options

<< <i> I finally did the research and filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) >>

Thanks Lope! imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ok Folks, here is the latest dump!

Below you will find 2 week history charts for ALL hits on:

"2007 reverse 2008"
    "2007 reverse 2008" (the second chart of this search is for a 1 month period)
    "2007 reverse 2008 NGC"
    "2007 reverse 2008 PCGS"
    "2007 reverse 2008 NGC MS69"
    "2007 reverse 2008 PCGS MS69"
    "2007 reverse 2008 NGC MS70"
    "2007 reverse 2008 PCGS MS70"
    "2007 reverse 2008 NGC MS69"
    "2007 reverse 2008 -PCGS -NGC"

What that SHOULD give us, I know there are outliers, are the trends for all coins sold, just NGC graded coins (69 and 70), just PCGS graded coins (69 and 70), and raw.

As I have stated before, this dump DOES NOT include auctions ending past 6:00 EDT today, so if there are a large number of auctions ending tonight, the #'s are going to be different. To get the most accurate trends, do not include today.

Here goes!

If not all the pics show up, right click on the blank picture and then click SHOW PICTURE.

****************************************************************************************
    ****************************************************************************************

Past 2 weeks, graded and raw

Past 1 month, graded and raw

All NGC graded coins

All PCGS graded coins

All raw coins

NGC MS69

PCGS MS69

NCG MS70

PCGS MS70

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the charts!

What happened to the shipping cost? ! LOL
    A little excessive if you ask me. image

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty new to the coin markets, having only gotten involved just after the release of the 20th anniv. sets.

This whole phenomenon with the '07 reverses has been just amazing in that the acquisition cost is so little and the profits so great in so short a time. Has this ever happened before in the coin markets? Specifically, has there ever been an issue with thousands of coins at low cost which have appreciated so much in such a short time?

The 20th anniv. sets, esp. the gold, did well but of course the acquisition cost was around $2700 with a secondary raw price of around $5K and a low household limit. Here we have $26 coins going for $400-$500 raw in just a few weeks with some people having been lucky enough to have aquired hundreds from the mint.

Thanks for any info!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    jesse. You going to the baltimore show. I will be going on Saturday as well.

50 bucks to submit it there seems like a hefty price compared to 14 if you send it in.

My pms are on please give me a shout.

Shannon
  • Options

<< <i>jesse. You going to the baltimore show. I will be going on Saturday as well.

50 bucks to submit it there seems like a hefty price compared to 14 if you send it in.

Shannon >>

Where did you get $50 for show submissions? I looked on the website and couldn't find it, but I am probably missing something. There is a $100 show special fee where they will grade and slab your coins in about 3 hours.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    The last I can think of was the George Washington Coin Covers, 50,000 made, true first strikes, 14.95 each....image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm pretty new to the coin markets, having only gotten involved just after the release of the 20th anniv. sets.

This whole phenomenon with the '07 reverses has been just amazing in that the acquisition cost is so little and the profits so great in so short a time. Has this ever happened before in the coin markets? Specifically, has there ever been an issue with thousands of coins at low cost which have appreciated so much in such a short time?

The 20th anniv. sets, esp. the gold, did well but of course the acquisition cost was around $2700 with a secondary raw price of around $5K and a low household limit. Here we have $26 coins going for $400-$500 raw in just a few weeks with some people having been lucky enough to have aquired hundreds from the mint.

Thanks for any info! >>

Well yes, there was that person that got a 1969-s double die penny for the cost of a roll. What was the sales price? $100,000? It happens but not all that often otherwise all of us coin collector/traders would be able to leave our "day jobs"-at least the ones that don't already sell coins in the day.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Still only 1240 PCGS 69's and 137 70's in first strike so far. I really don't see these increasing much from here on out.
  • Options
    On the submission form. There is a show special price 50 dollars. I could take them till the next day.

I am definitely not paying 100 per coin

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>jesse. You going to the baltimore show. I will be going on Saturday as well.

Shannon >>

Where did you get $50 for show submissions? I looked on the website and couldn't find it, but I am probably missing something. There is a $100 show special fee where they will grade and slab your coins in about 3 hours. >>

fifty bucks gets you "five day service" but if you submit at a show, as i did at the last Long Beach show (10nd Anniversary Platinum set).. and pay for five day service, don't expect to get your slabs back in the mail for at least ten days or more.. they get overwhelmed with submissions at shows and the coins have to travel back to Newport Beach before they even get entered into the grading system..

if i disremember incorrectly, $100.00 per coin gets you "same day" and $200.00 a coin gets you the three hour rich guys' service..

also, they don't do FS slab labels at shows at all.. at least not at the Long Beach shows.. why?.. i have no idea.. i asked them and one of their reps said "we don't bring any FS labels to the shows".. go figure that out.. hard to believe an MS70 ASE sells for a LOT more than my PR69DCAM and PR70 Platinums combined.. an ounce of Silver vs. an ounce of Platinum.. and that Reverse Proof Platinum (which alone is over $1000.00 worth of the metal).. has a Mintage of barely over 17,000.. well maybe apples and oranges, but it seems bizarre that perhaps the only thing causing the radical selling price difference is a couple square inches of paper in a plastic holder..

and don't forget to bring along any coin with an Olympics theme on it.. that's the quarterly free submission for club members.. but look at the list of which coins qualify.. Washington and Adams DollArs are on the list.. someone has to explain to me what those two coins have to do with the Olympics..
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

request to the Mint.
    ). >>

You're the MAN!!!! Great Job. I am waiting on the edge of my seat.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    I don't think the populations will go up much from here.

The reason is, the last real quantity of these coins shipped from the Mint was the end of April. Even with a 30 day lag time, anyone who submitted in April, probably has gotten there coins back. Granted they will trickle in, but I don't think we'll see thousands more, maybe just a few hundred.

Also, we've talked about the Mint not 'cleaning' the shelves, but I've been thinking that the Error'd coins leaving the Mint stopped abruptly. It's kind of hard to believe that all the coins were in one spot and all of a sudden, the last one was shipped. I guess you'd have to know how the system works, to really know.

• Options
    This has to be a new high for an NGC MS69 $650

Non Early Release!
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    I Saw in Coin World (June 02) that anacs has certified 1,986 coins (6 in ms68, 1,191 MS69 789 in MS70)
    ICG reported a single example but did not disclose the grade.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else did the coin world article say?
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    So, are the slabbed coins (NGC and PCGS) in 69 commanding a premium over the cost of grading?
  • Options
    Honestly a little bit in my opinion just with early release and first strike. All else balance around 550

• Options
    Jesse the less there is proving to be wil be the future of these items.

Some will only sell so many. There maybe less than what people think. I personally think were liiking at a rough actual mintage of 20000 and below.

I am still buying. Sell them to me.

The burst can only last so long. They are out. I recieved man and I still continue to buy @ 500 + RAW
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REPORT: while the numbers of mint orders have drastically dropped in the last week, I finally got my LAST order.

Ord: 5/7 (the last successful source date according to my records) = 0/5. Shipped 5/13 - OH WELL!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the prices for raw are beginning to spiral downward.
    Trade $'s
  • Options

<< <i>I Saw in Coin World (June 02) that anacs has certified 1,986 coins (6 in ms68, 1,191 MS69 789 in MS70)
    ICG reported a single example but did not disclose the grade. >>

Thanks for the info. I just checked their online population report and there are still zero (0) 2008 Modern Eagles listed. image I wonder how often their web site gets updated...?
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Hi, Tennessee...I'm not seeing that. If anything, the last few auctions from yesterday are establishing a new high of around $530 to $550.

Current auctions are all in the $400+ range (except for one that's just under $400), for auctions that have around 12 hours or less. That price level is about where it's been for the past couple of days for auctions with that time left.

My feelings are these are still heading up, but perhaps not as sharply as this past weekend.

While I'd think a slower increase would be healthier for long-term pricing, I'm still not yet convinced the quick inflation is over for this coin...weekends seem to bring better prices, so we'll see, I guess.
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options

<< <i>I believe the prices for raw are beginning to spiral downward. >>

Uh, what? have you been watching prices? If anything, and I mean anything, they are slowing their increase.
  • Options
    I predict 3000 before the end of the week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file