Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>+5200 >>

8000 .......here we a cominimage
  • Options

<< <i>With a population of only 1, its clear that the MS67's will be the rare ones and be of the highest value in the future. I think I'll start scuffing up my raw's before I get em graded. image

<< <i>
    imageimageimage:
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    With any luck, you may end up with a 64!
  • Options
    You know, this is a really bizzare statement, but I'd be really curious to see a Silver Eagle in a really low, worn out grade...like VG or even G. I'm not talking about scuff or bag marks...I'm talking about heavy heavy wear. I know...I'm weird...image
  • Options
    That would be different. Try putting one in your pocket for a couple of weeks with your change. (ha-ha)
  • Options
    Hey, that wasn't my idea. But seriously, how long do you think it'll take for a silver eagle to get to that shape? (without the use of a buffer or other artificial means)
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>+5200 >>

8000 .......here we a cominimage >>

Of course when you subtract all of the posts that note how many posts have been made it is probably only 4000image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    I don't have a clue Tony, but I am sure not going to try it.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't have a clue Tony, but I am sure not going to try it. >>

You've got to admit, tt would be kind of a novelty to see.
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have a clue Tony, but I am sure not going to try it. >>

You've got to admit, tt would be kind of a novelty to see. >>

I have an ASE that I carried around for a few weeks, started getting dirty and beginning to wear down, but
    it's so big that I stopped carrying it. I should look for that again and keep carrying it. I know there's been pictures
    on the boards of really worn out ones. Do a search for "pocket pieces" or something like that to find them.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    I just got my newest ms70 ER. It's got a small brownish spot on the bottom of the obverse. How the heck did this get classified as an MS70??? Should I ask to exchange this for another one?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got my newest ms70 ER. It's got a small brownish spot on the bottom of the obverse. How the heck did this get classified as an MS70??? Should I ask to exchange this for another one? >>

Hey TonyWKoo,

Quick question.

Have you ever posted in a thread other than this one????

Just curious.

GB
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    I thought the friday night fight thread was a different thread! image

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got my newest ms70 ER. It's got a small brownish spot on the bottom of the obverse. How the heck did this get classified as an MS70??? Should I ask to exchange this for another one? >>

It's from ATS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

It's from ATS!!! >>

I think he bought it from someone....(didn't have graded himself)
    If this is the case Tony can ask the seller to replace with another one IMO
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot of activity on buy it nows and the prices are on the rise.
  • Options
    Hm...the guy who sold me the NGC MS70 ER (which has a small brownish tone mark on the obverse) doesn't have another one to replace mine with. I'm actually pretty surprised that a 2008 ASE would even have any toning at all. And I suppose NGC saw it and didn't think anything of it? Is this going to have any effect on its current and future value???
  • Options
    Like Milkspots on the PCGS slabbed coins...it definitely could devalue a coin...where a 70 could not bring in the $$$ its supposed to because of that brown spot....heck the buyers might just outright return this to you if you dont disclose this in your auction...can you return this coin and get a refund? image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Hi Guys,

I'm beginning to think I really ought to pull the one I have up for auction for a few reasons.

If I give away a coin that could wind up being worth substantially more in the days to come,

for about what pitboss won one for, I am going to regret it as other than it, 1 only have 1 other,
    a 69 ER, and I intend to keep it.

2) At present there is a newbie leading bidding with all of 2 feedback. Newbs make me edgy cause
    ya just never know what they will do because they haven't yet learned the eBay "way."

3) I don't recall ever pulling a listing. At this point in time I have serious reservations, I must admit.

4) Suppose I pull it and decide to keep it (for now) and save it in a small coin envelope - the small manilla-type!
    If I save it as such I could quite well wind up with one like this, have it certified later and get real good money
    for it or ... keep IT and later sell the ER, if they DO pan out being anything remotley like the 95-W.

It represents a real situation! Sure, some of you have some - others have None while still others have several.
    I'm being straightforward here. I just don't want to do something I may later regret having done.

Can you imagine one that looks like this in a couple years?

Thoughts Welcomed. image

edited for spelling, as usual. image

imageimage
  • Options
    Boom, I also have a ER 69 and one raw...I have thought about the same thing...but I am going to hold mine to see what happens...mine are $ cost averaged so it is not to bad...I am willing to take the chance as they are Keys and could be the second Key in line for greatness!

I don't know about the color Boom, yours is very beautiful but they may not all turn in that manner! Then what!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm beginning to think I really ought to pull the one I have up for auction for a few reasons >>

Sounds like you don't really want to part with it.....Somehow I doubt the coin will sell for the $227 the 2 feedback person has bid. The price won't be determined until the last min. or so as you know. There's a bidder with feedback 47 that has bids all over this issue. I'm suprised he jumped over your coin without a bid (yet).

Also....I didn't think you could pull an auction once a bid has been made.....Could be wrong here though since I have never pulled an auction

Off to Las Vegas for a week and without my laptop. Taking a break and will check back on Friday image
  • Options
    You can always cancel an auction on feebay.
    Just go to your my ebay page find cancel auction early and follow info. first they will ask you to cancel all bids then your cleared to cancel auction.
    Only you have to do this with more then 12 hours left, under 12 hours to go you can't.
    good luck
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Guys,

2) At present there is a newbie leading bidding with all of 2 feedback. Newbs make me edgy cause
    ya just never know what they will do because they haven't yet learned the eBay "way."

>>

What do you mean by this?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Hey GB, Latest PCGS FS MS-69 Linkimage
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey GB, Latest PCGS FS MS-69 Linkimage >>

Nice price! Looks like they are finally going up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey GB, Latest PCGS FS MS-69 Linkimage >>

Nice price! Looks like they are finally going up. >>

??????????
    I thought you would be angry about this. You were furious when I was selling 2006W uncs at $80 and said I was trying to rip you off because they only cost $20 from the mint. Now you are happy that a coin that cost only $25.95 is going for $500+?

Interesting.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>You can always cancel an auction on feebay.
    Just go to your my ebay page find cancel auction early and follow info. first they will ask you to cancel all bids then your cleared to cancel auction.
    Only you have to do this with more then 12 hours left, under 12 hours to go you can't.
    good luck >>

as they say at the Harvard School of Law, this is poo..
    I had an item on eBay which got a bid from a guy in Poland who couldn't read my 24 point bolded red text that said "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS PLEASE".. I had the only shipping option set up for USA Zip codes via Priority mail at $12.50 (it wasn't a coiin).. with four hours to go, I sent him messages through eBay asking him if he was going to agree to pay a much higher price to ship the three pound box to Poland (cost around $40.00 by Express Mail International which is the only way you can send a package to Poland and put both Tracking and Insurance on it).. I got no reply.. so seeing a nightmare in the making if he won it, I got his number through eBay and called him.. (I have ann account with myglobaltalk.com that lets me make International calls to practically anywhere from either of my cell phones or my home phone for about two cents a minute.. and no it's not a scam.. no strings.. they're the first company that's doing VOIP without having to connect to a computer like Skype.. you can use it from ANY phone from anywhere.. check it out)..

anyway, I call the guy's number in Poland and get hung up on twice by two women who no speak English.. I call back a third time and get a guy and ask him are you (name of the eBay account holder per eBay's contact information email) and he says yes, so I tell him the auction clearly said "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS PLEASE" but I would let his bid stand if he was willing to pay $40.00 for Express Mail International, or should I cancel his bid because the auction only has four hours to go.. he says "I don't want it any more, cancel it" and hung up.. total cost to make six minutes worth of calls from Calif. to Poland on my cell phone through its data plan using myglobaltalk = $0.23.. had I called Poland directly from my home phone (my cell phones don't have International voice calling on them).. it would have cost me about $3.00/minute..

with four hours on the clock, I cancelled his bid.. so you do NOT have to do this within 12 hours.. I let the auction run its course and no one else bid on it.. when it closed, I immediately re-listed it.. this time I put International Bidders Welcome" and set up the shipping price as $12.50 by USPS Priority mail to any USA Zip code and $40.00 to International destinations by Express Mail International.. within a couple hours, someone in Germany did a "buy it now" on it.. and although it took him four days, he finally paid for it.. I'm waiting for his money to clear from PayPal into my bank account before I ship it to him sometime mid-next week..

meanwhile, the guy in Poland contacted me, told me that was his Father who had said "cancel the bid I don't want it" and he still wanted it and was willing to pay the $40.00 shipping charge.. I told him I have to give the German buyer seven days to pay, per eBay rules.. if he doesn't, then I'll NPB him, and you can buy it as long as you're willing to pay the shipping price.. well.. like I said, the German guy finally paid, so I wrote back to the Polish guy and said sorry, someone else bought it.. next time, tell your Father about your eBay activities because he answered your phone number and said he was you and told me to cancel your bid..

at any rate, you CAN cancel a bid with less than twelve hours to go, and you CAN cancel / end an auction with less than twelve hours to go.. what you CAN'T do is change or add to the description, change shipping terms, add or remove other options with less than twelve hours to go.. however, if you host your own pictures, you can replace them any time you want to, even in the final minutes of an auction, since eBay has NO control over self-hosted pictures..

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    sure Harv, I will stand in my poo if I'm wrong, there are ways around it but most auctions under 12 hours you can not.
    from ebay

'When there are 12 hours or less remaining and the item has a winning bid, including a reserve met bid, sellers cannot make any changes to the listing, including:'

Ending the item early.'

Sellers may cancel bids, but not end the item unless the item is being sold to the high bidder.

your auc may have had a reserve that was not met or some other reason you could cancel under 12 hours. no bids is the best way.
    Also you had a international bidder that you did not allow?

If you don't want international bidders you can block in your preferences.
    don't give out false advice
    just go to ebay

Gimli
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Boom, I guess it boils down to what you're comfortable getting for it. I've still not seen a raw sell for less than $400 and I've been watching them pretty closely. I don't know how much time is left on your listing. But if you're going to be happy with around $400 - I'd be betting it will go that high. JMHOimage
  • Options
    Boom,if you don't need the money,i would pull the listing and wait and see what the future holds for these coins.I am holding 10 (6 PCGS 69's and 4 raw) and betting on the prices to rise,but i have always been a gambler,won some and lost some.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    my auction had no reserve.. it had an opening bid price and a "Buy it Now" price.. he bid the opening bid price with four hours to go.. this made the "Buy it Now" price vanish.. he is registered on eBay in Europe with a Polish address.. i had all the International shipping options UN-checked.. the auction clearly said "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS PLEASE".. I cancelled his bid with less than four hours to go and blocked him so he couldn't bid again.. there's no way I was going to take a $30.00 loss on Postage and you cannot send a three or four pound box to Poland even by SEA mail for $12.50..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options

<< <i>Boom,if you don't need the money,i would pull the listing and wait and see what the future holds for these coins.I am holding 10 (6 PCGS 69's and 4 raw) and betting on the prices to rise,but i have always been a gambler,won some and lost some. >>

I don't think it's proper to pull a listing with bids cause ya don't like the current bid, if it has no bids then that's different...JMHO...
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Hey boom,

2 Feedback bidder is gone.

I placed a bid I am comfortable with paying. (08hala20). image

If I win it and you want to keep it that is ok with me.

Rookie Joe

edited to add: I will send a check from my cousin's account drawn on an Azores bank immediately after auction ends. image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Boom,if you don't need the money,i would pull the listing and wait and see what the future holds for these coins.I am holding 10 (6 PCGS 69's and 4 raw) and betting on the prices to rise,but i have always been a gambler,won some and lost some. >>

I don't think it's proper to pull a listing with bids cause ya don't like the current bid, if it has no bids then that's different...JMHO... >>

I don't like to pull the plug on any listings( I never have)as I don't like it when it happens to me. If I want a certai9n price for a coin, I start bids at what I want and if no one wants it it's ok.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>

<< <i>You can always cancel an auction on feebay.
    good luck >>

as they say at the Harvard School of Law, this is poo..
    I had an item on eBay which got a bid from a guy in Poland who couldn't read my 24 point bolded red text that said "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS PLEASE".. I had the only shipping option set up for USA Zip codes via Priority mail at $12.50 (it wasn't a coiin).. with four hours to go, I sent him messages through eBay asking him if he was going to agree to pay a much higher blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... more blah...
    Harv >>

Much Ado About Nothing. All that time wasted for nonsense. All you have to do is block International bidders from bidding. No big whoop.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    Before I forget to pose this question, If Halfhunter took up NGC on their offer to label his discovery ASE with "John Nanney" Collection, what do you guys think it would sell for if listed? I say moon money after all there is only 1...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>I don't think it's proper to pull a listing with bids cause ya don't like the current bid, if it has no bids then that's different...JMHO... >>

<

>I don't like to pull the plug on any listings( I never have)as I don't like it when it happens to me. If I want a certai9n price for a coin, I start bids at what I want and if no one wants it it's ok. >>

<

Bullcrap.How many buyer's out there have buyers remorse and want thier money back or refuse to pay.So what's wrong with a seller changing his mind and deciding to keep his item for a possible future gain?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

>I don't think it's proper to pull a listing with bids cause ya don't like the current bid, if it has no bids then that's different...JMHO... >>

<

>I don't like to pull the plug on any listings( I never have)as I don't like it when it happens to me. If I want a certai9n price for a coin, I start bids at what I want and if no one wants it it's ok. >>

<

Bullcrap.How many buyer's out there have buyers remorse and want thier money back or refuse to pay.So what's wrong with a seller changing his mind and deciding to keep his item for a possible future gain? >>

Are you serious? You think it's OK if you're not getting what you want in a true auction to end the auction and cancel all the bids?
  • Options
    There are an awful lot of listings ending tomorrow. We could see them down in the 40s by tomorrow night.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<

<

Bullcrap.How many buyer's out there have buyers remorse and want thier money back or refuse to pay.So what's wrong with a seller changing his mind and deciding to keep his item for a possible future gain? >>

>Are you serious? You think it's OK if you're not getting what you want in a true auction to end the auction and cancel all the bids? >>

<

If it is early into the auction,yes,but not near the end of the auction.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's eBay crap right there. People that do that in my book are scum suckers. Don't sell something without a reserve if you are going to pull some crap like that. If you can't eat a loss, start buying and selling air. Sellers that do that kind of stuff annoys me to no end.

You have always been a gambler? There is a difference between gambling and speculating. I don't see how 10 coins of such little value ($25.95 from the mint) instantly worth at least double with the error can be considered gambling anyway. If you paid a premium for them and plan on holding them you are a sepculator.
  • Options

<< <i>There are an awful lot of listings ending tomorrow. We could see them down in the 40s by tomorrow night. >>

I count 76 auctions with 34 ending by midnight tomorrow.

That leaves 42 plus any new listings.

Now a FOIA report of 30,000 released would be just the thing to start a new week.

Did anyone gve John Nanney a "You Suck" recently? image

Rookie Joe

Edited for usual spelling etc.
  • Options

<< <i>

That's eBay crap right there. People that do that in my book are scum suckers. Don't sell something without a reserve if you are going to pull some crap like that. If you can't eat a loss, start buying and selling air. Sellers that do that kind of stuff annoys me to no end.

You have always been a gambler? There is a difference between gambling and speculating. I don't see how 10 coins of such little value ($25.95 from the mint) instantly worth at least double with the error can be considered gambling anyway. If you paid a premium for them and plan on holding them you are a sepculator. >>

Or just do Buyitnows...
  • Options
    >

<< <i>

<< <i>

You have always been a gambler? There is a difference between gambling and speculating. I don't see how 10 coins of such little value ($25.95 from the mint) instantly worth at least double with the error can be considered gambling anyway. If you paid a premium for them and plan on holding them you are a sepculator. >>

Or just do Buyitnows... >>

<

Here we go,the name callers like in grade school and the Holier than thou peeps are coming out of the woodwork now.
  • Options
    Daily Dump of the Week (maybe a week late but here it is image)

Below you will find 2 month history charts for ALL searches on:

"2007 reverse 2008" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

"2007 reverse 2008 NGC MS69" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

"2007 reverse 2008 PCGS MS69" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

"2007 reverse 2008 NGC MS70" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

"2007 reverse 2008 PCGS MS70" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

"2007 reverse 2008 -PCGS -NGC" two month chart (average price and # of items sold per week)

The number sold is the top chart, directly below that is the price.

If not all the pics show up, right click on the blank picture and then click SHOW PICTURE.

****************************************************************************************
    ****************************************************************************************

Past 2 months, graded and raw

Past two months, all NGC coins graded MS69

Past two months, all PCGS coins graded MS69

Past two months, all NCG coins graded MS70

Past two months, all PCGS coins graded MS70

Past two months, all raw coins

• Options

<< <i>>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Or just do Buyitnows... >>

<

Here we go,the name callers like in grade school and the Holier than thou peeps are coming out of the woodwork now. >>

Maybe I was a little abrasive. I guess what I really meant to say is that people tend to NOT bid on other auctions if they see one they like and commit. If/when sellers start pulling auctions because they are not getting the money they want early, they are messing up your bidders who were dedicated to that particular auction. And besides, most coin auctions increase in price by about 20% in the last few seconds due to sniping. Bidders will do wild and crazy things on something they think they have to have and it is usually not early in the auction.
  • Options
    Thanks again Jesse for the charts.

Rookie Joe

• Options
  • Options
    No problem. My wife is literally due any day now and we have been running around getting everything squared away with that. We drove 3 hours round trip today to pick up a glider-rocker chair she just had to have. My dad told me to just do what she says and I'll be OK. A happy mother is a happy home is what he keeps telling me...

Back to the charts. I am seeing a definitive increase in sales price across the boards. NGC MS70's are starting to really take off. I am not sure why. Here is the past two weeks plotted out.

A non early release sold for 990 yesterday BIN Link
  • Options

<< <i>No problem. My wife is literally due any day now and we have been running around getting everything squared away with that. We drove 3 hours round trip today to pick up a glider-rocker chair she just had to have. My dad told me to just do what she says and I'll be OK. A happy mother is a happy home is what he keeps telling me...

Back to the charts. I am seeing a definitive increase in sales price across the boards. NGC MS70's are starting to really take off. I am not sure why. Here is the past two weeks plotted out.

A non early release sold for 990 yesterday BIN Link >>

Wow, Your first? Very exciting...get some sleep now, mine's been up every night for the 8 weeks...but there is nothing better, and OH ya your Dad is 100% right...image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file