Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• Nice cards. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the NBAers.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Here is a nice one that I received as a gift from a fellow collector and Rangers fan. This is a large format card. Neat item of the Big Cat.

1936 R312 Johnny Mize

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Wow, really really nice pickup. Are you going to the make it to any WS games?

<< <i>Wow, really really nice pickup. Are you going to the make it to any WS games? >>

Hi Alex,

Yep, I've got tix to game 4 and 5 here in Texas. I would absolutely love one of those to be a clinching game for a Texas series win, but who knows? As long as they win, I don't care if it goes 4,5,6,or 7 (although truthfully, I do hope they win it in game 5 so my 6 year old daughter will be with me for the fun, she can't go to game 4 with me due to a Halloween family party that takes precedence for her image )

Mike
    Added this one in the last few weeks. L.C. was a member of the Steelers famed Steel Curtain. 6 time Pro Bowler, was an NFL HOF finalist. Maybe he'll get in one day. Great player in his time. This was signed at a private signing run by an SCN member

1972 Topps L.C. Greenwood

Not a HOF'er, but a guy that will forever live in Yankees/Red Sox lore for his dramatic homer. Bucky was the 1978 World Series MVP, and I did not know until tonight, that he was originally born Russell Earl O'Dey.

1974 Topps Bucky Dent

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    If you watch the World Series tomorrow night be on the lookout for Mike Navarro. I have been told that he will be wearing a Halloween costume and I have been given a preview of what it will be:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Doug,

I will indeed be there tomorrow and Monday but this will be my attire image

Front:

Rear:
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Bucky ****** Dent. Dis you buy that or TTM? I'll be watching and looking out for that shirt.

• << <i>Not a HOF'er, but a guy that will forever live in Yankees/Red Sox lore for his dramatic homer. Bucky was the 1978 World Series MVP, and I did not know until tonight, that he was originally born Russell Earl O'Dey.

1974 Topps Bucky Dent

image >>

must be bucky dent week, i just picked up his 1978 mlb poster, huh,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>Bucky ****** Dent. Dis you buy that or TTM? I'll be watching and looking out for that shirt. >>

Good morning,

I bought the card raw and a friend got it signed at last weekend's St. Louis Sports Collectors show for me. Today's going to be a SLOW day. I'm anxiously awaiting going to the game tonight. Maybe a little football will help pass the time once that starts.

Mike
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Cool. Have fun and good luck to you guys. I'm actually pulling for Texas as I think you deserve it and are good fans. Not too many people can say the've been to a World Series game...You're fortunate man.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    How about an Aaron Boone card too as a modern day version?
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

<< <i>Cool. Have fun and good luck to you guys. I'm actually pulling for Texas as I think you deserve it and are good fans. Not too many people can say the've been to a World Series game...You're fortunate man. >>

Another limp performance for the Rangers. I just got back from the game. I'm actually not too concerned about it. I don't see us losing tomorrow (although I've been wrong before), and then we have CJ and Colby for games 6 and 7. Yes, I realize they have Cain in game 6, but just like Lee is beatable, so is Cain. I do know one thing. Win or lose tomorrow night, I've got a great date for the game.
    (my daughter Maven)

I'm going to spoil her rotten tomorrow night. I'll probably only get to actually watch 4 or so innings, we'll spend an inniing or two eating/standing in concession lines, a couple innings in the kids' sportspark area out behind centerfield, and a couple innings in gift shops and gift shop lines. I want her to have chances I didn't have when I was a little kid. The results of the game really won't matter too much to her tomorrow night, but having fun with dad will. However, for my own blood pressure's sake, I sure hope the Rangers win. image

Mike
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Win or lose, I hope that you & Maven have a great time at the game tomorrow night!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    It must be the week for people who changed their name to take their place in my thread. This International Boxing HOF member was born as Arnold Raymond Cream. He took the name of his boxing idol Joe Walcott. Jersey Joe was the oldest person to win the Heavyweight title at the time. He subsequently lost his title to the great Rocky Marciano. It's also interesting to point out that Jersey Joe was the referee in later years for the Ali/Liston fight with the famous "phantom punch". A very cool addition:

1951 Topps Ringside Jersey Joe Walcott BGS/JSA

<< <i>However, for my own blood pressure's sake, I sure hope the Rangers win. imageMike >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Congrats on the Jersey Joe! I was debating whether to go after it or not. Glad to see it found a good home!
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice addition
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    This Guy could BOOM them. Ray Guy should easily be in the HOF, but for some reason, they don't seem to recognize the importance of premier punters. This was signed at the St. Louis Sports Collectors Show a couple weeks ago.

1974 Topps Ray Guy

Another guy that won't be a HOF'er, but he was a lot of fun to watch for me. Willie is not an easy autograph as he doesn't do TTM. This one was signed at the St. Louis Sports Collectors Show in October. Card was a PSA 9 crackout. Willie had a nice career. 1985 National League MVP, 4 time All Star, 3 time gold glove winner, 1985 Silver Slugger Award, and was on a World Series winning team.

1983 Topps Willie McGee

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another guy that won't be a HOF'er, but he was a lot of fun to watch for me. Willie is not an easy autograph as he doesn't do TTM. This one was signed at the St. Louis Sports Collectors Show in October. Card was a PSA 9 crackout. Willie had a nice career. 1985 National League MVP, 4 time All Star, 3 time gold glove winner, 1985 Silver Slugger Award, and was on a World Series winning team.

1983 Topps Willie McGee

image >>

Nice card . It looks even better than the one I used to have.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
    I already had the Topps Jerry Rice rookie, but I saw this one and thought it was neat so I picked it up. These cards are a lot larger than standard sized trading cards and require a larger holder as well. Neat card of this HOF great.

1986 McDonald's Jerry Rice PSA/DNA 10

• CWUCAT62CWUCAT62 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    Very nice McDonalds Rice. Those cards are some of my favorites to get signed, along with Gamedays from 92-94. Nice addition Mike.
    Andre Dawson Super Collector, who also collects the following-
    *Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
    *Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
    YouTube Channel link; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyO141lGqcV2fEjt723jUQ
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    That Rice is a nice pickup. I kicked myself in the butt for not getting one of those signed when the SCN board member used to have all the cheap Rice signings.
    This former Depaul Blue Demon was an explosive player for my favorite hoops team, the Dallas Mavericks, for a number of years. He got traded to Detroit and was part of a couple of championships there. Aguirre had a career scoring average of 20 points per game. A 3 time NBA All Star, and a 2 time NBA Champion.

1984 Star Company Mark Aguirre PSA/DNA

FIBA Hall of Fame inductee. 16 year NBA career, but had a great career in international basketball before that. Vlade is a relatively tough autograph to get.

1990-91 Hoops Vlade Divac

• Congrats, but that is an awful looking signature.

<< <i>FIBA Hall of Fame inductee. 16 year NBA career, but had a great career in international basketball before that. Vlade is a relatively tough autograph to get.

1990-91 Hoops Vlade Divac

image >>

<< <i>Congrats, but that is an awful looking signature.
    >>

If you think that sig is awful then you oughta see mine! LOL

I make doctors' look legible.
    WOW, some person with more money than brains just outbid me on a 1948 Bowman Warren Spahn on ebay. They paid $538.00. I was the underbidder at an absurd price. No other bidder was within $200 of us. At least I got the priviledge of running up the price on them, LOL. That's crazy, I'm still kinda in shock. I fully expected to win it at about $350 which is still much higher than previous sales that people have reported to me. I needed the card, but I'm sure glad I didn't pay over $500 for one. That kind of price will likely bring a few out of the woodwork. Crazy stuff.

Mike
    I believe Jason from SCN was the winner of the card. $500+ does seem awfully high for this card. I know I have seem them sell before in the $300 range.

<< <i>I believe Jason from SCN was the winner of the card. $500+ does seem awfully high for this card. I know I have seem them sell before in the $300 range. >>

Yep, Jason let me know it was him. I'm actually kind of glad I didn't win it at that price. I really did think $350 would get it done, but just threw the extra on "to make sure", LOL, I guess I didn't "make sure" good enough. I did pick up the Marty Marion and Bobby Thomson from the same seller though so the night wasn't a total ebay loss.

John, are you getting The Big O (Oscar Robertson) tomorrow at the Sun Times show. Donnie is getting my 61 Fleer signed for me. I'm stoked about that one, Oscar doesn't seem to sign a whole lot.

I've also got an absolutely sick one coming in Wednesday via UPS (teaser). It will be my new sentimental favorite, I've never even seen another one. I hope the sig turns out decent. I haven't seen a scan yet as I had to send the raw card and pay to get it signed. Can't wait to get it

Mike
    Mike,

Ya, I am getting my 61 Oscar signed tomorrow as well as finishing up my Koosman/Ryan card. I also banged out one of my all time favorites today. I got my Jim Brown rc signed today. I can't wait to update my scans tomorrow night for my 1 year anniversary of my signed RC collection.
    What a great couple of hobby days I'm having. Got this one back today from KLF Sports, who works directly with Ali, and who was able to get my card signed for a substantial sum. Came back with a full Letter of Authenticity from PSA/DNA through their in the presence program. It's argumentative as to what the "rookie card" is for Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali, but when I viewed all the different choices, I took a liking to the 1960 Hemmets Journal Cassius Clay "card". I've never seen another one signed. Ali signatures today are sometimes nice, and at other times, totally awful. This one falls toward the higher end scale of the sig he can provide today. I have a lot of signed rookie cards, and many that are more valuable monetarily then this one, but this is my favorite, bar none. Without further adieu:

1960 Hemmets Journal Cassius Clay PSA/DNA

• One amazing item after another! Congrats!
    Very nice Ali Mike.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

All I can say is Wow!! That is one of the better sigs I have seen him give lately. I would be very pleased with how that turned out.
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Mike

Fantastic addition, everytime I get on the message boards I hope to see an update from you and this is one heck of an add to your collection. Thanks for sharing with the board.

Kevin

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    that's a terrible auto to have. may as well just be done with it and give it to someone in need of a good starter auto. i believe you have my address.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    nice ali

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike.............you certainly are on a roll lately.

Congratulations & keep it up!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    i wanna be like mike.

<< <i>i wanna be like mike. >>

So you want to be short, overweight, with a receeding hairline? I thought you had better standards than that! image
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i wanna be like mike. >>

So you want to be short, overweight, with a receeding hairline? I thought you had better standards than that! image >>

If I get the Clay I'm in!
    This guy could throw the ball around the field a llittle bit. Nice looking card that has already been JSA Authenticated. Marino had a great college career, however, even his greatness would not help him on November 6, 1982, as his #1 ranked Pitt Panthers were dominated by the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 31-16.

1984 Topps Dan Marino JSA authenticated

A great week wrapped up tonight. I found out a couple weeks ago that Sarah Palin was doing a booksigning at Barnes & Noble in Dallas, TX today. I really could care less about the books, but I wanted to get a signed rookie done. When I mailed her the card, her staff had autopenned it on the back and returned it to me. When I found out about the booksigning, I called the store to get the rules, as they all seem to be a bit different. Sure enough, you had to buy your books in advance, and come this morning to receive one of a limited number of wristbands at 9 AM for a signing that was not set to start until 6 PM. With each wristband, you could get two signed books. Since today was Sunday, my daughter Maven had Sunday school and church, and she doesn't like to miss those, so I embarked on my own this AM to get my wristband. I got there about 4:45 AM and found out the bookstore was not allowing camping out, but you could place your lawn chair to save a spot in line. My lawn chair was 7th in line. I spent the next several hours cramped up in my car (at least it was warm). Finally, I got in and got my wristband and they said my daughter could come back with me, she just couldn't get books signed. That was fine by me and by her, as really, she doesn't care about the books either, she just likes to have fun experiences with dad. I came back home and took a nap and told Maven she could go and she was excited. We watched some early afternoon football and headed back up to Dallas around 3 PM as they told us to get there by 4 PM. We got there right on schedule and they ushered us into the upstairs area and placed us within the first 50 (they gave out wristbands color coded and grouped by 50 and we were in first batch this AM). Sarah got there early about 5:15 or so and started the signing. We were about 10 people away and spied her daughter Willow. We got her to sign our books, and then we saw her daughter Piper and when she saw us talking to Willow, she came over and signed our books as well, and gave both Maven and I a Palin bookmark. We then got up to Sarah, and in order to keep politics out of the thread, I won't discuss what Maven and her talked about or what Sarah and I talked about, but we ended up with a book each signed by Willow, Piper, and Sarah, and Maven asked Sarah to sign her bookmark and she oblidged, and I asked her to sign my rookie card and she oblidged as well. Was a really fun signing. We have never watched Sarah Palin's Alaska in my household before tonight, but Maven wanted to watch it together tonight so we did. I hope my daughter always remembers fondly these excursions. I tease her about being the only little 6 year old girl down here, that within a months time has gone to the World Series, and met and talked with both George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. When I was young, my parents did well to keep us all fed and clothed, and some of my best memories of when my dad would take me to a big league game every now and then. I probably shouldn't spoil them quite to the level that I do, but they are good kids, and I love getting to do things with them that I couldn't do as a kid and want to create every good memory I can for them. Anyways, back to the subject. Here's our haul. First up, the signed books:

Next up is Maven's bookmark that Sarah signed, I was proud of Mave, she took the initiative to pipe up and ask her to sign it, Maven says she is taking it to show and tell this week at school image

and finally, a great addition to my signed rookie collection. Card is autopenned in silver on the back and has a stray silver mark on the front left top as well, with an authentic signature in black on the front, first one that I've seen signed:

2008 Topps Campaign Sarah Palin

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    imageway to go Mike !!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax