Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

thenavarro's official HOF & Legends signed rookies It was a heckuva run ;)

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Bought this sweet card from Reese. I've never really looked for this one before, so I have no idea how hard it is to find, but Hutson passed away in 1997 and I like to pick up the deceased players whenever I get a chance. When The Sporting News ranked it's 100 Greatest Football Players in 1999, Don Hutson was ranked #6. He set many receiving records that lasted for decades and some that still stand today.

1955 Topps All American Don Hutson PSA/DNA

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Very cool....I want one.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    VERY NICE Mike ... I never looked, but I would think it's a tough one to find.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    The hockey component of my signed rookie collection is severely lacking, so I think I might start picking up some and mailing out some of the easy ones. I bellieve this man is the leader in career wins as a goalie, but if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

1990 Score Martin Brodeur PSA/DNA

Nice card Mike ... did you buy it or was it a TTM?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Nice card Mike ... did you buy it or was it a TTM? >>

I bought it already slabbed.

Mike
    I think this one is pretty neat. While Byron White will never make the football HOF for his athletic accomplishments, I think one could easily say he's in the HOF of Life for his overall body of work. White was appointed by President John F. Kennedy to serve on the US Supreme Court. As some of y'all know, I like collecting "historical" autographs as well so this card is right up my alley.

1955 Topps All American Byron Whizzer White PSA/DNA

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Very nice Mike! As someone who collects the 55 Topps set autographed, that is not an easy card to track down! Congrats!
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    very nice white!!!

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Nice Whizzer White autograph - that's not an easy auto'd card to track down!

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Damn Mike that is a cool card!

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
    Good for you.
    This one turned out nice. It was signed a few weeks ago via a private signing on sportscollectors.net

1969 Topps Elvin Hayes

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great looking card Mike.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>Very nice Mike! As someone who collects the 55 Topps set autographed, that is not an easy card to track down! Congrats! >>

Reese,

Do you by chance know where to find any of the 55 AA Four Horsemen autographed? Even one of them would be nice.
    I know the guys were willing signers, just haven't stumbled across that card signed yet.

Mike
    I got this one back yesterday. I already have one that I got in person which was later graded a PSA/DNA 10, but I picked up this unsigned card cheap and decided to get another one. The card itself was a PSA 4.5 crackout. Once I get this one slabbed, I'll be looking to sale the PSA/DNA 10 one at an absurd price, LOL.

1969 Topps Lew Alcindor

Got a sweet addition for my entertainment portion last night. My friend Jeserone got this signed yesterday.

1999 Panini Photocards Vern Troyer Mini-Me

<< <i>

<< <i>Very nice Mike! As someone who collects the 55 Topps set autographed, that is not an easy card to track down! Congrats! >>

Reese,

Do you by chance know where to find any of the 55 AA Four Horsemen autographed? Even one of them would be nice.
    I know the guys were willing signers, just haven't stumbled across that card signed yet.

Mike >>

Mike,

I've never seen any signed 4 horsemen cards. I knew someone that claimed to have one signed by Jim Crowley and another signed by Don Miller. He wanted $1200 for each but couldn't produce scans so nothing ever came from it. If there is one out there signed by all four members I'm sure it would easily top $5K.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>

<< <i>

Reese,

Mike >>

Mike,

I've never seen any signed 4 horsemen cards. I knew someone that claimed to have one signed by Jim Crowley and another signed by Don Miller. He wanted $1200 for each but couldn't produce scans so nothing ever came from it. If there is one out there signed by all four members I'm sure it would easily top $5K.

Reese >>

I agree w/ Reese. I also collect the 1955 Topps AA set and haven't seen a 4 Horseman card signed by any of the 4 players. I'm sure that a few exist, however all 4 have been dead for years and signed 55 Topps AA are VERY tough to come by.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I already have his regular Fleer card, but I went ahead and picked this one up as well. Isiah was named as one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players.

1986 Fleer Sticker

Got this card back a couple days ago from a private signing on SCN. Turned out pretty nice. Another one of the NBA's 50 greatest club.

1969 Topps Wes Unseld

I'm pretty excited about this one. As a young boy that lived just south of Dallas, TX, I was one of the unusual ones that didn't like the Dallas Cowboys. Therefore, this guy was one of my favorites to watch as he let Dallas have it on several occasions. While his signing fee is relatively high, it's about the only way to get him authentically, as he does not sign TTM (you will get one back TTM, but it's not real). This one was signed today at the FansEdge show in Illinois.

1971 Topps Terry Bradshaw

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Nice addition to your collection! I was thinking about getting one signed too. I decided at the last minute not to buy the card for the signing. After seeing yours, I am a little disappointed that I didn't get one signed. image
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Bradshaw is a nice addition to your collection. Never really gets the credit he deserves as quarterback since the defense was so great on the teams he quarterbacked. Love that card.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm pretty excited about this one. As a young boy that lived just south of Dallas, TX, I was one of the unusual ones that didn't like the Dallas Cowboys. Therefore, this guy was one of my favorites to watch as he let Dallas have it on several occasions. While his signing fee is relatively high, it's about the only way to get him authentically, as he does not sign TTM (you will get one back TTM, but it's not real). This one was signed today at the FansEdge show in Illinois.

1971 Topps Terry Bradshaw

>>

Nice looking card there. I wish you better luck than me on getting one slabbed. Mine signed at the March Chantilly CSA show was rejected in the recent special. Gonna have to send it back in at some point.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

<< <i>
    Nice looking card there. I wish you better luck than me on getting one slabbed. Mine signed at the March Chantilly CSA show was rejected in the recent special. Gonna have to send it back in at some point. >>

Yep, unfortunately PSA has a tendency to reject the authentic Bradshaws and to slab the ghost signed Bradshaws. I think they are so used to seeing the ghost signed ones that they've made their way into the exemplar file. I probably won't even bother sending in my Bradshaw but will use JSA to slab it instead. PSA usually does a great job and they are my #1 choice, but there are so many people that have been burned buying PSA slabbed Bradshaws that are actually ghost signed instead. They need to change their exemplar file on him.

Mike
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Nice looking card there. I wish you better luck than me on getting one slabbed. Mine signed at the March Chantilly CSA show was rejected in the recent special. Gonna have to send it back in at some point. >>

Yep, unfortunately PSA has a tendency to reject the authentic Bradshaws and to slab the ghost signed Bradshaws. I think they are so used to seeing the ghost signed ones that they've made their way into the exemplar file. I probably won't even bother sending in my Bradshaw but will use JSA to slab it instead. PSA usually does a great job and they are my #1 choice, but there are so many people that have been burned buying PSA slabbed Bradshaws that are actually ghost signed instead. They need to change their exemplar file on him.

Mike >>

Great looking Bradshaw, Mike!!!

Yes, it seems to be a QB thing. Bradshaw and Montana appear to be the most consistent "culprits."

<< <i>
    Great looking Bradshaw, Mike!!!

Yes, it seems to be a QB thing. Bradshaw and Montana appear to be the most consistent "culprits." >>

Thanks Scott, you are right on the mark about the Montana's as well.

Mike
    Got a neat hockey addition to add. This one was signed around the time of his rookie season as he signed it with his number 13. From what I can find on the web, he wanted number 8 but it was already taken so he had to settle for 13 at that time.

1991 Upper Deck Teemu Selanne PSA/DNA slabbed

This was a tough one to get. Has a nice rookie era sig as well. Garnett doesn't do TTM, doesn't do shows, and is pretty tough in person these days.

1995 Topps Stadium Club Kevin Garnett

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice Garnett!!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Love it, Mike! How'd you come across it?

<< <i>Love it, Mike! How'd you come across it? >>

One of my friends that I've bought a lot of signed rookies from hooked me up with it. He's helped me tremendously with my basketball signed rookies so far. He's had some sweet in person sigs from the mid 90's era.

Mike
    This guy is a playmaker. Too bad the card has one huge rounded corner, LOL.

2004 Ultra Gold Medallion Lucky 13 Larry Fitzgerald

Nice auto Mike!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Nice Fitz! Just got my own in person a week ago.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
    I already have a Topps Iverson signed rookie, but I couldn't pass this one up as well. Has a beautiful rookie era sig on it.

1996-97 Fleer Ultra Allen Iverson

Picked up this one of deceased HOF'er Lou Creekmur. Thanks to Reese for the heads up on the listing.

1951 Bowman Football Louis Creekmur

Got a nice one in the mail yesterday. The timing couldn't have been better since Grimm was getting inducted into the pro football HOF yesterday as well. This was a gift from Gregm13. THANKS GREG!

1984 Topps Russ Grimm

I've had a lot of nice pickups the last few weeks, but haven't really had time to update the thread too much. Here's one I wanted to go ahead and put up in order to say "Thanks!" to chromerookies (Dan). Dan knew that I had been looking for this card for quite a while. He found one at the National and contacted me to see if I wanted to buy it. Thanks Dan!!! This is a huge pickup off of my wantlist. Wynn died in 1999, and for some reason is fairly difficult to find on signed rookies. Great looking card and can't wait to receive it from Dan.

1949 Bowman Early Wynn

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike! Great looking Wynn!
    It's rare for me that I take a card off of my actual "core" want list, but I've able to knock two off this past week. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time for this one, as I got on ebay last night and stumbled across it with about half an hour left in the auction. I bid to win and got it. This is another card that is VERY tough to find authentically autographed.

1988 Fleer Scottie Pippen PSA/DNA

• Very nice card. $207.51 is actually not a bad price. That has to be the only Pippen signed rookie that I have seen on Ebay.
  • great Pip! good thing I did not see the auction or I probably would have pushed your bid a bit higher. I'm suprise it was listed as an auction and not a crazy BIN!
    Thanks to Andrew (Illinifan912) for pointing this one out to me. Added a nice one for the hockey portion of my collection.

1971 OPC Marcel Dionne PSA/DNA

I picked this one up in March, but didn't want to add it here until I had it authenticated. Swann is notoriously tough for signing cards. For years now, he won't do it, but there was a window of opportunity in his career to get them done. If you missed that window, your probably not going to get him unless he changes his habits. Swann hardly ever does a paid signing, and I believe the last one he did, he was $199 an item, and he wouldn't sign cards there either. Here's the scan from when I bought it, and it just passed PSA/DNA authentication in my group sub as follows:

NEAR MINT 7 1975 TOPPS 282 LYNN SWANN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US

Mike,

Nice addition on the Swann - congrats. Swann is very unpredictable. For a while he wasn't signing GLA's, but then started a couple of years back. Same with his rc....sometimes he'll sign and other times he won't. Strange bird.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice Swann,
    he was really tough for me to find also, mine pulled a 6. Mind sharing what you paid?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    Awesome addition Mike! I'm still looking for a Swann for my collection!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Nice Swann,
    he was really tough for me to find also, mine pulled a 6. Mind sharing what you paid? >>

I paid $26.94 plus authentication fees.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Swann auto and card. As a Steeler fan he was my favorite wide out.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON