Home Sports Talk

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    in yo face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

now paul really cleared out the whole section and is called stinkyimage
    says rube talking to himself 7-7
    never give upimage
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Amazing!
    i turn it on its 7-1 lol-then 7-7, rube likeimage
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    What a comeback! Now let's finish it and go to Florida!!
    that was awsome in a 30 mins or less tied image
    come on big pappi,smack that sucker to paulimage
    nice errorimage
    comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
    Somebody tell that fat lady that she's not signing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, Beckett and Lester --- here are your second chances!!!

• bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Oh, this is priceless........
    Capecards
    There are no words to describe that! Another amazing post-season game for the Sox!

imageimageimageimageimage
    pauls gotta change his undies now, i bet he bit his fingernails off at that gameimage
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>There are no words to describe that! Another amazing post-season game for the Sox!

imageimageimageimageimage >>

Ditto.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Paul probably needs smelling salts!!
    i gotta pm paul and ask him if he shat himselfimage
    i did, im not proud,or tired lol
    that was great
    only ball i watch all year is end of season playoffs
    Boy, Longoria sure hacked on his gum on that throw! image
    I think it was you rooting for the Sox that gave us that little extra edge Randy!
    maybe lol- ill have to watch next game-they was suckin bad till i flipped it,almost forgot it was on till lmm told me he was watching itimage
    hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa maybe its the curse of the rube or something,i watch wvu and they lose everytime i watch image
    maybe it works in reverse with the sox,i hope so,hate to have devil rays win a ws-or watever they call theirselves now-manta rays or something image
    wheres paul,hey stinky lol- how was it????????
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, that was impressive.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

<< <i>wheres paul,hey stinky lol- how was it???????? >>

I hope he stayed for the whole game. I bet there were a few fans that left early not because they are bad fans, but because they could not stand the torture of watching sh*tty pitching by the 4th starter in a row and by Manny Delcarmen.
  • Oh yeah, I almost forgot...........

• << <i>in yo face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

now paul really cleared out the whole section and is called stinkyimage >>

paul, come tell us what ya saw hes mia?
    1-paul got hit in head with ball and forgot who he is?
    2-paul is still frozen in shock at park and stinking sitting on a pileimage
    3-paul passed drunk puking in trash and hes in the dunpster?
    4-he got locked in the bathroom by a tampa mob and didnt see anythingimage
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>paul, come tell us what ya saw hes mia?
    1-paul got hit in head with ball and forgot who he is?
    2-paul is still frozen in shock at park and stinking sitting on a pileimage
    3-paul passed drunk puking in trash and hes in the dunpster?
    4-he got locked in the bathroom by a tampa mob and didnt see anythingimage >>

image I gotta say I came closest to #3 by a hair over #2! Randy you being here in the thread MOTIVATED THE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP BUDDY!!! image

• << <i>

Randy you being here in the thread MOTIVATED THE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!; >>

He was sitting in row 2 behind the dugout with his full arsenal in his right hand, and his laptop in his left hand.
    Everytime a Sox hitter came to the batters box, he just showed them what they were going to have to face if they didn't destroy the enemy.
    ill have to do it tomorrow night,what times the game , i saw 2 inning last night and cursed tampa i thinkimage
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just giving you guys a heads up- Randy will be standing in for me for Saturdays game via the "Rubecave" I am heading out until Sunday night, HOPEFULLY TO RETURN TO ROOT FOR OUR BELOVED SOX IN A GAME 7 MATCHUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes i will-i will give play play by play commentary 8pm or so-
    everybody eat some bushes grillin beans 1st,cause they are good and everybody knows alligators hate beansimage
    i got my voodoo dolls out and pins,
    my mojo stick,
    a bean filled wack bonk,
    12 leeches,
    alligator tooth,
    sand,
    some candles,
    some ashes from burnt devil rays cards -
    and a whole rubebar to mix a potion for the hex on the not devil whatever they are now raysimage
    so if i type somethin funny,ya might have to think like me to get it aftera while image
  • I think momentum will favor the Sox early in the game. I think we may get out to a nice lead in the first four innings, and then
    we'll see how Francona manages Beckett. It may end up being an 11-7 ball game tonight if momentum follows the Sox.

I think we win tonight.
    eat yer beans edimage 7 1/2 hours!!!!!!!!!!
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are no words to describe that! Another amazing post-season game for the Sox!

AMAZING! Jerry is nowhere to be found for three straight drubbings and BINGO here he is after the Sox great comeback win image

The Sox are tough to close out. All bets are off for this series now ..... image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree, the Sox are very tuff when it comes to closing them out.

The Rays lose tonite the Sox are going to the WS.

No way they lose a game 7.

Steve
    Good for you.
    we believe-3 hours- eat yer beans and get ready-paul paid me to watch ya know so rays would lose image
    i got my shaman stickout too and dead fish,almost forgot,imageneve foreget the dead fish when jinxing a team with 3 sides of water around it,good thing i think of these thingsimage

prediction sox 6
    rays-4
    ?
    i suck at guessing though
    sox win image
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2007 version of Beckett would win this game, we shall see!

<< <i>

AMAZING! Jerry is nowhere to be found for three straight drubbings and BINGO here he is after the Sox great comeback win image

The Sox are tough to close out. All bets are off for this series now ..... image >>

Nowhere to be found? C'mon man, you know me better than that.

Win or lose, I am always here. Unlike a lot of Yankee "fans" (I don't mean you).

• LET'S GO RUBE SOX image

LET'S GO RUBE SOX image

LET'S GO RUBE SOX image
    almost time, get out yer beers and luck wabbit foot, just make sure the wabbit aint on the end of it or he might get mad and kick ya
    cant wait,cant wait , cant wait,cant wait- glad i got a rubebar stocked for 12 years of drought lol -took me 2 5th to get lmm thru the micro soft cashback thing last night ,they make that so cardimage

everybody grab your lucky balls and red sox cards and ill see ya on the front linesimage
    saying a prayer to ted williams' head might not be a bad idea either-hes slabbed 1/1 ya knowimage
    Rube and the Nation....it's a match made in heaven....GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys but as long as Randy is rooting for the Sox, you all are doomed along with the team image
    it worked last nightimage
    and now oh lord,
    be with us heathens/evil doers/drunken slobs n bars, and the entire red sox nation as we watch this game, and be with the soxplayers, but not the rays, and let the sox put a whomping on em oh lord,as we just cant be beaten by a state with 99 % old people,but we thank you for matt cutting their yards so good ,trimmin their bushes,& planting their flowers and making fertilizer
    let the sox have a field day and strike down the rays and smitten them with smiters i ask all of this in the name of rube & selfishness for the sox nation cause we aint got near the w.s. pennants we should have cause of the damn yankeesimage
    i now revoke the curse of the goat and smite the house of the devil rays and florida with the curse of the rube-(except for the guys i know on here i like that live in florida) image
    we will now take the devil from the name and slap em back in the face with it, because we is not politacally correct club image
    it took me 10 minutes to type this and make it up so this better workimage
    let the madness beginimage

ps. and be with paul , who went somewhere north for something,whois a good sox fan and missed the best game ever the other night cause he passed out on the couchimage
    1/1 thank you,
    rube talking to self
    have a drink, leave tip in tip jar
    think i will
    ok
    ill drink with ya
    i have puter in front of me and other laptop beside me watching ,this is good image
    whamo
    told ya 2/1 -lesten to yer uncle rube-whereever you people are