Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2008 RED SOX Championship run thread!!

Comments

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Well Randy...should there be a game 7 tomorrow I do hope you'll be in exactly the same place as you are tonight!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <Well Randy...should there be a game 7 tomorrow I do hope you'll be in exactly the same place as you are tonight!>
    i be right her-im not taped-im liveimage

i think they got bob,my mojo prayer worked-its on here somewhere,a work of artimage

like yogi said though-it aint over till its over, so keep yer fingers,toes,and eyes crossedimage
  • Options
    Believe me anyone who watches this series nows it's not over til it's over!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this game is over though. The Rays are making too many mistakes.
  • Options
    image make more

4-2 top of 8th paulimage
    mr mojo risin=jim morrison
    +1 for the doorsimage
  • Options

<< <i>I think this game is over though. The Rays are making too many mistakes. >>

No comment yet!
  • Options
    never doubt the curse of the rube,im telling yaimage page 135
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think this game is over though. The Rays are making too many mistakes. >>

No comment yet! >>

Plus they're walking everyone.

I hope Boston does win. Even though I live in Saint Petersburg it would be funny for me to see.

I used to cut the Rays equipment managers home until he fired me.

It would be sweet revenge. I can then go scalp the words Red Sox into his front lawn with my mower image
  • Options
    cut "curse of the rube" in it,maybe it will beome a urban legendimage like some others of the part,we could make historyimage
  • Options
    tampa making mistake i think, walked guy ,2 on nowimage
    get a base hit or a slam dunk or somethingimage
  • Options
    aw pooimage double play paul,i didnt do it
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the record for LOB in a playoff game? The Sox seem to be on a record pace
  • Options
    i dunno,theyve stranded a bunch tonight thats for sureimage
    hi paulimage
  • Options

<< <i>image
    cut "curse of the rube" in it,maybe it will beome a urban legendimage like some others of the part,we could make historyimage >>

I can just spray roundup in his lawn instead. He will think he has bugs image
  • Options
    ah,he winged him,that sucks,stop thatimage
  • Options
    mlb.com says 19 but that seems like too many. The announcers just said 12 LOB
  • Options
    "not much farther now papa smurf"image
    they skeert me there for a minuteimage
    go sox
  • Options

<< <i>mlb.com says 19 but that seems like too many. The announcers just said 12 LOB >>

wow, 19 in postseason? I think the nine inning record is 18 for regular season, dunno.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>mlb.com says 19 but that seems like too many. The announcers just said 12 LOB >>

wow, 19 in postseason? I think the nine inning record is 18 for regular season, dunno. >>

No, I meant it was showing the Sox left 19 on so far tonight on MLB.com which is obviously wrong. I don't know what the all time record is.
  • Options
    Record is 20 in a nine inning game by the Yankees against the Red Sox in 1956
  • Options
    pappelbon up
    please be good to meimage
  • Options

<< <i>Record is 20 in a nine inning game by the Yankees against the Red Sox in 1956 >>

wow, that would suck!
  • Options
    ever notice in history its always the yanks or sox for years,eons image sox needs more ws wins, yanks got em all
  • Options

Sunday night, baby!
  • Options
    Rube Sox Nation will be back in full force tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rube seems to be bringin' ya good luck.
  • Options
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo- never doubt the curse of the rube-page 135-thank you for your suppport-it worked and i didnt look like a idiot,well maybe i did but it worked anywaysimage
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in yo faceimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- it worked ,paul will be proud of meimage

here paul-this buds for youimage

• Options
    sox and phillies will be good- tampa wont take sox in the last game, no way
    curse of rube to strongimage better than curse of goat and curse of bambino
  • Options
    for those of you who missed and doubted it,or just plain cant readimage
    - this is why the game was delayed and we wonimage

and now oh lord,
    be with us heathens/evil doers/drunken slobs n bars, and the entire red sox nation as we watch this game, and be with the soxplayers, but not the rays, and let the sox put a whomping on em oh lord,as we just cant be beaten by a state with 99 % old people,but we thank you for matt cutting their yards so good ,trimmin their bushes,& planting their flowers and making fertilizer out of poopimage
    let the sox have a field day and strike down the rays and smitten them with smiters i ask all of this in the name of rube & selfishness for the sox nation cause we aint got near the w.s. pennants we should have cause of the damn yankeesimage
    i now revoke the curse of the goat and smite the house of the devil rays and florida with the curse of the rube-(except for the guys i know on here i like that live in florida) image
    i will now take the devil from the rays and slap em back in the face with it, because we is not politacally correct club
    it took me 10 minutes to type this and make it up so this better workimage
    let the madness begin image

ps. and be with paul , who went somewhere north for something,who is a good sox fan and missed the best game ever the other night cause he passed out on the couchimage and made me do this tonightimage
  • Options
    I like the part about me making fertilizer image

• Options
    i thunked it up all by myself too, i thinkimage
  • Options

<< <i>i thunked it up all by myself too, i thinkimage >>

That reminds me. I'm out of toilet paper in my work truck. I'll have to throw another roll behind the seat image
  • Options
    sunday night fight-7:30 be here,paul will be back i think-he didnt tell me come to think of it
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I need a drink........
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>sunday night fight-7:30 be here,paul will be back i think-he didnt tell me come to think of it >>

I will go out on a limb and speak for Paul...you and your curses and incantations are not only requested but required tomorrow night!!!

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 outs away from winning the the ALCS, blowing a 7 run lead, and now there's a game 7.

I'd say the pendulum has swung, now it's a 1 game series.

Go Sox.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    I need a drink........

take mine i went thru 6 pack, 2 5th of vodka,and something else broadcasting live via rubebar and watching on tv-now i cant move, i might fall or trip on a cat and fall on a sharp military object and get killed

that was beautifulimage
    one more!!!!!!!!! sox need more w.s. they got the shaft enough over the years
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Jon Freaking Lester!!! LET'S GO KID!!!!!
  • Options
    TOMORROW night,RAYS OWNED, CURSE OF RUBE ON stillimage
  • Options
    The Rays are 6-4 in their last 10 games. The Red Sox are 6-4 in their last ten games. Both clubs were .600 teams during
    the regular season. The Rays held on to capture the division. Can they hold on to capture the AL crown ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man am I friggen pumped! We need ONE more game and with the help of the Rubemaster it CAN BE DONE!!

Randy Rube is a permanent ally to Red Sox nation at this point!

This image is for you Randy!

What a effort by Beckett keeping those Rays bats down just enough to give us a chance- and the old veteran who cant hit cracks a HR!

All hands on deck tonight fellas- we CAN GET THIS DONE!
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome back Perk!!!
    Rube filled in very capably in your abscence. Love that Paps photo.....

GO SOX!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome back Perk!!!
    Rube filled in very capably in your abscence. Love that Paps photo.....

GO SOX!!! >>

Thanks Bob! Believe me I wouldnt ask just anyone to stand in for me ya know, I figured Randy was THE guy image He did evil things to the Rays last night from the Rubecave image

1 MORE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    so i do it again or you gonna be one here paul?
    we win,they lose-never give up- i believe
    yes,i am the medicine manimage
  • Options
    Im going with what works Randy! YOU THE MAN image
  • Options
    ok- i be here with warpaint on,5 hours 9 minets till sow guys,do you believe me now?
    curse of the rube-coming back to emmittsville tonight liveimage
    i think last nghts curse will work just fine,but just in case,ill make something else up after a few thing i need to do and type it in, never heard a word about that it actually worked and knocked power out to at tbs by the way right after i typed it in -sorry bout that- yer welcomeimage
    by the way, im a reformed druid that prays in bushes image and yes, i am nutzimage and it pays good tooimage
  • Options

<< <i>ok- i be here with warpaint on,5 hours 9 minets till sow guys,do you believe me now?
    curse of the rube-coming back to emmittsville tonight liveimage
    i think last nghts curse will work just fine,but just in case,ill make something else up after a few thing i need to do and type it in, never heard a word about that it actually worked and knocked power out to at tbs by the way right after i typed it in -sorry bout that- yer welcomeimage
    by the way, im a reformed druid that prays in bushes image and yes, i am nutzimage and it pays good tooimage >>