Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Basketball HOF Rookies Thread###################################

14567810»

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

I am hoping for Sidney Moncreif most of all. Overlooked far to long.
    B Jones
    B Wallace a Defensive force induction this year
    Sikma

I don't remember M Johnson or P Westphal being good enough

Veteran Lou Hudson

Int'l Divac

Ladies Weatherspoon

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 7:57PM

Good choices, Jay. I would actually be fine with any of the North American candidates getting in. I think they're all deserving. Lou Hudson is my top Vets pick. I also like Dandridge and Naulls (Zoslofsky, too, but I doubt he'll ever get in). For International, I'll go Divac or Kukoc. Honestly, I don't think T Spoon is a HOFer, but I hope she gets in because I have her RC. :).

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

HOFer or not Weatherspoon is probably the best the ladies have for a player for now. She played in her prime for 6 or 8 years before the WNBA.
    BK has a big pile up of veterans. Can they really pick another ABA guy??? Max Z was a big star in his time but probably long forgotten by now.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

The members of the newest class:

Sidney Moncrief
    Bobby Jones
    Al Attles
    Chuck Cooper
    Vlade Divac
    Carl Braun
    Bill Fitch
    Jack Sikma
    Paul Westphal
    Teresa Weatherspoon

Really happy for Sidney and Bobby Jones in particular. I've been banging the drum for each for a long time.

• 45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2019 1:49AM

Tom Chambers should be elected in the near future. Virtually every player who has scored at least 20,000 points is in, with Chambers and Antawn Jamison being the only eligible players not in yet.
    https://youtu.be/oePwMsDOdyQ

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

Just a note that Al Attles was selected as a contributor, not a player. Thus, he’s not eligible for the HOF players sets.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."