Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Love the Vintage Football!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Envoy you should be stunned! That Hinckle is sweeeeeet!

Stown-great 55's! I can always count on some nice pics from your set, thanks!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Going in tomorrow for a review. 7.5 maybe....? image
  • Options
    I know there is a card of Joe Paterno late 40's early 50's depicting him at Brown University. Does any one have this card? I would love to see a scan of it.
  • Options
    He has a card in the 1950 Topps Felt Backs set.
  • Options
    Here's Paterno's Feltback:

Doug
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the fast respose on the Paterno card. The card is not nearly as nice as the Bowmans, but is still cool to see an old Paterno card.
  • Options
    You're welcome! It has a Brown pennant on the back, but I don't have a scan of the back.

Doug
  • Options
    Phenomenal Chicles, envoy! This is quickly becoming my favorite thread. Too much of that... what do they call it, "baseball", stuff in the Mail Call one!

Snorto~
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The Edwards is obviously pretty OC, but the Hinkle more than made up for my commitment to purchase sight-unseen!

By the way, it's boxed up and heading for Newport Beach in the morning.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks guys. The Edwards is obviously pretty OC, but the Hinkle more than made up for my commitment to purchase sight-unseen!

By the way, it's boxed up and heading for Newport Beach in the morning. >>

I hope that gets a bump for you, seriously that is a gorgeous card. I have yet to venture there, I hope to find a nice chicle and a leaf for my collection sometime soon.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys. The Edwards is obviously pretty OC, but the Hinkle more than made up for my commitment to purchase sight-unseen!

By the way, it's boxed up and heading for Newport Beach in the morning. >>

I've got lesser PSA 7 Chicle's at PSA for review as we speak...Wise decision to attemp the bump...A 7.5, you'll probably double its value. PSA 8's being 5K+...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Well my little break from Vintage is officially over. My newest addition...

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

I now have a 5, 6, and 7.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    No big deal Barry. Just an 8 and 9 to go and you will be all set image
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well my little break from Vintage is officially over. My newest addition...

image >>

Paul-

Sweet Ollie...the centering is great! The Ollie is fairly tough to get nicely centered. I like the 54's...nice pics and they are pretty underpriced right now.

• Options
    Ryan got me all fired up the other day dangling a beautifull SGC 7 1952 Small Norm Van Brocklin, so did not stop until I could find a decent one myself, the back is wax/gum free and for $63 I had to have this!!! This is a perfect example of me buying the "Card" not the holder..

• Options

<< <i>Ryan got me all fired up the other day dangling a beautifull SGC 7 1952 Small Norm Van Brocklin, so did not stop until I could find a decent one myself, the back is wax/gum free and for $63 I had to have this!!! This is a perfect example of me buying the "Card" not the holder..

image >>

Paul
    VERY NICE 5! I am glad you got one you are happy with.
  • Options
    Thanks Ryan! Im sure this wont be the last time I need to attempt to copy a purchase you make! image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Ryan! Im sure this wont be the last time I need to attempt to copy a purchase you make! image >>

I have always believed that there really is not THAT much of a difference between a 5 and a 7. A nice 5 or 6 often look very similar. Your 5 looks great....here is another example of a card I know your also hunting....sometimes a nice lower grade is the way to go!

Are you still going after that 52 Gifford you showed me the other day? Keep us informed. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Agreed on some of those 5's, that Gifford is a PERFECT example! I have seen 7's that have absolutely NOTHING on that card!

And YES I am still in the hunt for that Gifford, however I do have a deal in the infant stages right now for one that is being graded as we speak. Details will follow once a deal is made, but for now that information is deemed highly sensitive and is under lockdown.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    Very nice 60's stuff! Some day when I get my fill of 50's stuff I will venture into the 1960's, I love those 66's!
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options

All the cards I posted I have complete sets of or are working on the set.
    This is a great thread for show and tell and made me get off my lazy butt
    scan them and show some of my cards. I really enjoy my vintage football.
    Joe
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    Im still plugging away on 51 bowman, but i havent been buying much lately.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Im still plugging away on 51 bowman, but i havent been buying much lately. >>

Well, when you do get some new ones post away!
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options

More? Or is everyone tired of my football collection? I just had some time to post
    tonight as I updated my 1963 Fleer set in the registry. I added pictures to most
    of the key cards and comments on most of the players. If you are truly bored out
    of your minds and nothing else to do go take a look at the set. It really is one of
    my favorite sets. The colors are classic and I'm an old AFL guy so I have seen
    most of the players play during their career.

1963 Fleer PSA Regisrty 100% 7.66 GPA

Or take a look at my all time Bills set. Have fun. image

All Time Bills Set
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    Perk and BigDaddy those are very sweet looking 52 psa 5,s
  • Options
    Great stuff, 2deuces! I especially liked your '63 Fleer set and your comments.

Doug
  • Options
    a couple of my modest 51's. Got the Otto from BigDaddyBowman.

imagey
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was a kid in NYC - we were Giant fans and Giff was like a God with the women in my family!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks for the pics guys! 2Deuces-very nice collection! Im jealous!! I am going to get more involved with 60's football soon enough.

Stone, Those Giffords are sweeeeet!!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx Paul.

Then in 1970, I became a Raider's fan.

Of course Flores went on to be the head coach for a stretch.

miie
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the pics guys! 2Deuces-very nice collection! Im jealous!! I am going to get more involved with 60's football soon enough.

Stone, Those Giffords are sweeeeet!!! >>

Hopefully perk will have a nice PSA 7 52 Gifford to show us soon! image
  • Options
    Im searching HIGH and LOW Ryan!! image
  • Options
    Here is my modest collection of 1950 Bowman

• Options
    That's a great looking Luckman image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Just picked this one up last night off the BAY! I have been looking for this one for awhile. Great card IMO..

• Options
  • Options
    Not a card here but a GORGEOUS Photo! I stumbled across this while starting a little project- Im doing google searches on the players that I have in my collection and thought I would print out a biography and stats on these guys and put them into see through plastic covers in a binder, lot of fun and great to have to thumb through..

Thought I would share this great pic!

• Options

<< <i>Thanx Paul.

Then in 1970, I became a Raider's fan. >>

Stone, You like the braves also, right?

You are the only other person besides myself that has that combo of favorite teams.

imagey
  • Options
    My very first Auto purchase! ( Every bit of Stowns fault )

Have to add these cards in my FAVORITE thread!!!