Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The official 1914/1915 Cracker Jack Thread

Comments

• Options
    Stormsurge

Finally got myself a Hippo! I have been looking for one of these for a while and finally I was able to get one in PSA 5 for now until I'm able to find a better one. This is one of the toughest card in the 1915 Cracker Jack Set.

Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA 7's & 8's!
  • Options
    Congratulations! - I struck out on the three I really wanted but managed to get two other cards one of which was a PSA 6 that I think I got a great price on.

Oh and here is a link to the Mastro auction that had the recent PSA 10 CJs for sale - you can click on the video link and it tells the story behind them. I thought it was fairly interesting.

Mastro Video
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I picked up 2 hippo's ONE the seller sold for more money! (he never shipped it but sent me my check back)Mine wa a 1.5 now a 3 I think image
  • Options
    Wow that is one unethical seller! If you don't mind PM the name so I can avoid.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMass

I saw your set at the registry, nice! Have you picked up any cards lately??
  • Options
    I was watching the three tonight from Storm. Since I got back the last batch from PSA was my last addition. There has been too many t3's on ebay! I found this pic online WOW

• Options
    Did you win any Rip (wish I had a better scanner!) or are the T3s proving to be to much of a distraction?

Wow that is one heck of a card, a beauty!

I'll post later what cards from the new ebay batch i'm interested in to prevent conflicts image
  • Options
    Storm I am too much of a bottom feeder! Seems like you good some good prices! I just jumped to 28% on the t3's, but I think I need to rest those for a few months.
  • Options
    Rip (or anyone else if he passes) - I have a #165 Murphy SGC 30 if you're interested - not a high end card but nice and wow 28% on t3 is a nice accomplishment!
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Have you picked up any 15' Cracker Jack lately?? Tonight I was lucky enough to win , one of my favorite card of the 1915 Cracker Jack set. Here is a scan of it.

Take care!

• Options
    Very nice Andy!!

Nope I've hit a dry spell atm (as in funds have dried up lol)
  • Options
    Here is a recent addition for my 1915 CJs.

• Options
    anyone see those 1915 CJs that ended Sunday night? All of them had paper loss on the back...but they had fantastic fronts.

Although i jumped the 1915 ship, I picked up this 1914 just because i like the image:

• Options
    wow packman sweet cobb!

Major Danby, I did see those cards and your right all the fronts did look very nice and congrats on your pickup, looks great!

• Options
    lost out on EVERY '15 Cj last night! Dam I need to up the ante! Diggin through the crate, I noticed how nice this set really is, and I believe 176 cards will fit nicely in an MJ Roop box! Any PSA 1-3's hanging out collecting dust?
  • Options
    RipMass, have you heard from your friend Jgarci lately?
  • Options
    no, I guess he went broke buying Josh''s trimmed refractors
  • Options
    We must have been the underbidders last night Rip as I got outbid on all 3 that I put bids on as well image
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Here are the two I was able to win from the latest auction. One was an upgrade and the other was a new addition to my 1915 set.

Did anyone else win??

imageimage
  • Options
    Wow Andy those are some great cards!
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Thanks!!!

• Options
    Look at this awesome scan!

Nice Scan!
  • Options
    Cards off to Feebay.
  • Options
    The new SMR has an article about two collectors who built a 1914 and 1915 CJ set (and are now going to sell it).
  • Options
    Anybody win anything last night - looks to me like some people got some pretty nice prices.

I won the:

Breshanan
  • Options
    Stormsurge

That is a very nice card at a very good price. Great Job!
  • Options
    Wanted to thank Rip and Psa9man for two excellent trades! Would recommend both of them.
  • Options
    thank you too Storm, very nice!
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Thank you as well for the trade. Also, ckeck out my latest 1915 beauty.

• Options
    Very nice! image
  • Options
    wow a BLAZER!!!!

I lost out on the three psa 3's the other night, they sold waaay over VCP's prices. I had to take a break from my 55 set, now I might have to take a break from this one GEEEZ. Picked up 4 more 54 red man's with tabs and the toughest t9 in the past few weeks. Also, I won 2 lots of t9's from leland's and an auto on my 55 dodgers set...Wait why am I complaining...I sold over 2k worth of stuff...only reason I went kinda nuts. Sometimes you dont realize what you did with the week until you think about it!
  • Options
    Stormsurge,

Here is the latest 1915 card that I've added to my set.

• Options
    stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭
    Very nice eye appeal on that one! Congrats!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    After laying off CJ's for a while to work on other stuff I've picked up a few lately. I never cease to be amazed by the shear beauty of such a simple design. Check out the cool uni of the Federal League Baltimore Terrapins in the last card.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Super nice! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, I have a beater SGC 10 163 Bert Whaling I'm looking to sell for $35 postage paid.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    big auctions for the 1914 CJs tonight on the BAY....some PSA 1s went for $140, psa 2 $160, psa3 $180, psa4 $200 psa 5 $300......they seem to be gaining momentum...
  • Options
    seems like a small increment between 2's and 3's and 4's. '14's are so much tougher in 4's and 5's it's like 7's and 8's in '15. I would've expected more of an exponential jump in levels.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Those are some powerful Cracker Jacks. Did you buy any from the set breakup Mastro auctioned last year...the Maranville was a 10, and there was a bunch of HOF 9's and 8's.

Theres also a set of them in the original album from Sothebys/SCP coming up...

1915 Cracker Jack set in album
  • Options
    Nope, these came from a variety of sources, none of them auction houses.

• Options
    storm, griffs,

Have you noticed how few of these have been for sale via Auction on EBAY lately......this really stinks! the BIN and Ebay Store Prices are OUTRAGEOUS!!!
  • Options
    There have been lots of mastro lots broken up on ebay- I think in some ways it's more of a wholesale auction.
    I guess the flippers are trying their hand at landing a whale thru bin prices. If they get stuck with them they'll lose, but based on the T200 and E90-2 sets it would seem that buying and quick flipping can make a substantial profit.

• Options
    I have noticed image
  • Options
    Show your latest 1915 CJ's that you have added lately to your set. Here are some of mine!

• Options
    Nice pickup Andy!
  • Options
    Stormsurge,

Any new Cracker Jacks?? Show us pictures!

Has anyone bought any new CJ's lately?? Show us the pictures of the cards!!

I also, just picked this up.

• Options
    None for me, there has been a boatload of Turkey reds I have been bidding on. I am doing the set in PSA 1-4 and there has been nothing but an overpriced Mtty on ebay
  • Options
    WOW!

not one 1914 CJ up for auction in ebay!!!

was has happened here....all BIN's WAY over SMR!!

not a good trend for us buyers, or for ebay....

they better think of something fast, because the "auction" is dying fast

• Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Some gorgeous '14 Cracker Jacks in the SCP Auction. These are the kind of cards you wait years to find.
    Love the color and the image clarity.

• Options
    amazing cards! i guess i should take out a new mortgage to pay for those beauts!
  • Options
    A few nice lots of 1915 cj's over at huggins and scott, anyone interested in splitting a lot of thse or one of the t205 lots?

Ted