Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The official 1914/1915 Cracker Jack Thread

Comments

• Options

<< <i>
    thats the problem i have with the 1915...there are soo many new top condition cards being found every month it seems...doesnt seem right for those cards to be in such good condition...who knows when the next find of these will show up that will double the highend population....you DONT find this with the 1914's... >>

The 14's were only distributed in CJ boxes and always have candy stains. The 15's were distributed through redemptions as well as CJ boxes so the potential for high grade cards is out there.
  • Options
    Yup, since they could send in and gets the cards there are more high grades out there but am I the only one one thinks having a light stain or two gives the cards great ambiance image
  • Options
    i love these sets.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

<< <i>Yup, since they could send in and gets the cards there are more high grades out there but am I the only one one thinks having a light stain or two gives the cards great ambiance image >>

i agree...i know they are real but the psa 10 CJ 1915 almost looks fake...

just me but i think the cards that came out of the CJ boxes should be worth more than the ones that came from mail in redemption...in my mind they are almost 2 different issues...one being the caramel stained rarities, and the other being the pristine caramel free (after market) cards...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yup, since they could send in and gets the cards there are more high grades out there but am I the only one one thinks having a light stain or two gives the cards great ambiance image >>

just me but i think the cards that came out of the CJ boxes should be worth more than the ones that came from mail in redemption...in my mind they are almost 2 different issues...one being the caramel stained rarities, and the other being the pristine caramel free (after market) cards... >>

Nah, it's just the 1915 version of a factory set. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

just me but i think the cards that came out of the CJ boxes should be worth more than the ones that came from mail in redemption...in my mind they are almost 2 different issues...one being the caramel stained rarities, and the other being the pristine caramel free (after market) cards... >>

Nah, it's just the 1915 version of a factory set. image >>

dont you think that should be distinguished on the flip? factory obtained or box inclusion
  • Options
    Anyone have any luck at the Goodwin Auction?
  • Options
    I got shotout completely. Then again, I'm looking for PSA 7 and 8's and there were not to many of those. Were you able to win any??

Mastro and Memory Lane has some nice ones for sure!

Andy
    Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA 7's & 8's!
  • Options
    after seeing that PSA 8 mantle/Berra go for $5000 and it was available ebay BIN at $200 makes me a little nervous to bid in those auctions these days...
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>after seeing that PSA 8 mantle/Berra go for $5000 and it was available ebay BIN at $200 makes me a little nervous to bid in those auctions these days... >>

Actually it was Maris/Cepeda, but you were close. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>after seeing that PSA 8 mantle/Berra go for $5000 and it was available ebay BIN at $200 makes me a little nervous to bid in those auctions these days... >>

Actually it was Maris/Cepeda, but you were close. image >>

• Options
    Kinda quiet around here image

I've have 12 cards in waiting to pop - all lower grades though expecting many 2s....

Happy Holidays all!
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Were you able to pick up any Cracker Jack cards from either Mastro, Memory Lane or Goodwin Auctions this past week?
  • Options
    Nope I only rarely jump into the auctions as the prices paid in them seem pretty steep to me. I don't mind paying a fair price but I hate feeling like I've overpaid.

How about you? or anyone else?
  • Options
    Nope, none for me either. I had a bunch of bids on the PSA 8's but they all went to high as well. Did anyone else win any of the Cracker Jack's on the board?? If anyone did, show us some pictures!

• Options
    Stormsurge

I was able to pick up last night this 1915 Beauty in a SGC 84 NM 7 Holder. Were you able to pick up any of the other ones??
  • Options
    Awesome! Very nice card.

I was able to pickup the Edward Cicotte in the SGC 40 holder image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome! Very nice card.

I was able to pickup the Edward Cicotte in the SGC 40 holder image >>

wow BIG MONEY and NOOOOO whammies!!! It went waay to rich for my blood! Beautiful card!!

Small poppage myself
    1 07310782 1911 GOLD BORDER SHERWOOD R. MAGEE N/A 3
    2 07310783 1911 GOLD BORDER EDDIE COLLINS CLOSED MOUTH 1
    3 07310784 1911 GOLD BORDER ROBERT BYRNE N/A 1MK
    4 07310785 1915 CRACKER JACK 50 JOHN HUMMELL (HUMMEL) 2
    5 07310786 1915 CRACKER JACK 92 AL DEMAREE N/A 2
    6 07310787 1915 CRACKER JACK 33 AMOS STRUNK N/A 2

Working on the t205's slowly and Turkey red's even slower....though I do have a supersize sub going in if anybody wants to piggyback
  • Options

<< <i>wow BIG MONEY and NOOOOO whammies!!! It went waay to rich for my blood! >>

Argh, yeah I thought maybe I paid more than I should have image That's the only thing I really dislike about the older cards - I find it really hard to nail down what is a fair price so like on this particular card I basically split the difference between the two sales listed in vintagecardprices.com.

I also have a Amos Strunk in being graded I wonder who will get the higher grade out of us image

If anyone is interested in some low graders I should have a couple coming up for sale soon - I'm guessing my Strunk will grade a PSA 1 and so will the Owen Bush.

• Options
    So we are gonna see who has MORE Strunk in the trunk?
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting little page - mostly stuff covered here but nice to have all in one page.

http://slantycouch.com/sets/set_rev_crackerjack.htm

Linky
  • Options
    Some of the prices people want for their CJ cards on eBay make me laugh - and the following auction is a good example:

Linky
  • Options
    10 cent listing day
  • Options
    Poppage - actually did better than I thought image RipublicanMass - looks like you won the contest lol

1 1915 CRACKER JACK 33 AMOS STRUNK N/A 1
    2 1915 CRACKER JACK 86 BURT SHOTTEN N/A 3
    3 1915 CRACKER JACK 119 GEORGE PERRING N/A 1
    4 1915 CRACKER JACK 122 OWEN BUSH N/A 3
    5 1915 CRACKER JACK 131 ELMER BAUMGARDNER N/A 3
    6 1915 CRACKER JACK 145 TED CATHER N/A 4
    7 1915 CRACKER JACK 146 LEFTY TYLER N/A 2
    8 1915 CRACKER JACK 147 LEE MAGEE N/A 1
    9 1915 CRACKER JACK 154 DICK RUDOLPH N/A 2
    10 1915 CRACKER JACK 155 JOE CONNOLLY N/A 2
    11 1915 CRACKER JACK 157 GEORGE KAISERLING N/A 3
    12 1915 CRACKER JACK 160 BENNY KAUFF N/A 3
  • Options
    Anyone have any cards for sale? - need my fix and activity is low atm image
  • Options
    Poppage - actually did better than I thought RipublicanMass - looks like you won the contest lol

especially after all the holiday eating, I need to go on a diet!...lol

Nice poppage!! I am debating whether to send a sub before the increase or not. I have 13 t3's and 50 t205's ready to go
  • Options
    Do the poppage!

I'll have a scan of a PSA 1 1915 Cobb coming up when my home computer comes back from the shop.
  • Options
    talk about drying up.....there are NO 1914 CJS ON EBAY!!

come on , i got a wad of cash burning a whole in my pocket!
  • Options
    well you could have sprung for the 1915 PSA 8 o/c shoeless joe..for a cool 16k!
  • Options
    I'd love to be able to afford a Shoeless Joe at some point...
  • Options
    well you gonna have to break down at SOME point! Even for a PSA .5 image
  • Options
    I think I will try a find one in the new .5 grade image
  • Options
    Oh if anyone is wanting to sell any CJs because of the .5 issue please let me know image

• Options
    Stormsurge

Email me if you get a chance.

• Options
    stormsurge

LOOK AT THESE TWO CARDS THAT I WAS ABLE TO PICK UP FOR MY 1915 CRACKER JACK SET. HAVE YOU PICKED UP ANYTHING LATELY?

HAS ANYONE PICKED UP ANY CJ'S LATELY? POST SOME PICTURES!

imageimage
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stormsurge

LOOK AT THESE TWO CARDS THAT I WAS ABLE TO PICK UP FOR MY 1915 CRACKER JACK SET. HAVE YOU PICKED UP ANYTHING LATELY?

HAS ANYONE PICKED UP ANY CJ'S LATELY? POST SOME PICTURES!

imageimage >>

Red X's, can not post a pict. from you C:/
  • Options
    Stingray

Sorry, I did not know.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stingray

Sorry, I did not know. >>

You have to host your pictures on a site like Photobucket, then copy and paste them over. No biggie.
  • Options
    Hmm, I can see your Birdwell pic Psa9man, Looks great! High end example for sure!

I just got my main computer back working after I had a hard drive crash so I'll be adding a scan on the Cobb I picked up soon.
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Thanks for your compliments on my Bridwell. I thought myself that it was a nice card for my set. Were you able to pick-up any cards from ebay this past Sunday?? Also, can't wait to see the Cobb!

Take care!
  • Options
    Sorry for my poor scan skills. PSA 1 but other then the corner its look like a beauty to me image

• Options
    Stormsurge

You are right, other than the corner a very nice Cobb indeed. Also, is your set registered at PSA?? If yes, under what ID?

Take care.
  • Options
    Yes, the set is registered here under Rockwood image also have a smaller number in SGC holders.
  • Options
    NIce Cobb!

With my recent PLOP of t3's (3 SGC 10's came back "authentic") I may be buying more CJ's instead
  • Options
    "With my recent PLOP of t3's (3 SGC 10's came back "authentic")"

Ouch!
  • Options
    yes total BS, and I thought the board was making things up about cards not grading. Well I still have the flips, granted the cards are in PSA 1 shape, maybe the graded figured if they were really beat up they need a N0 grade instead of a PSA 1. Very UNimpressed
  • Options
    Stormsurge

Nice PSA Cracker Jack set. I like those 7's and 8's in your set. My set is registered under AndyM's.

RipublicaninMass

Do you have yours registered as well??
  • Options
    Oh and btw if anyone is interested in a card on ebay just let me know and I'll back off.

I know for sure that I will be bidding on a couple tonight:

#58 SCHANG - ATHLETICS - PSA 4
    #87 CADY - RED SOX - PSA 4
    #71 MEYERS - GIANTS - PSA 4

This set is expensive enough so I don't see any need to compete against each other image

Rich

psa9man: thanks image I started out thinking that I would concentrate on making a complete set in PSA 7-8 but I quickly realized I'd never be able to afford the whole set in that condition so I decided to set my sights a little lower. So now I'm working to complete the set in what conditions I can afford and when I'm done I'll start work on upgrading the set. The way it is currently moving along I think I'll have a complete set within 3-4 years with the majority being in the PSA 3-5 area.
  • Options
    my set is "when I can stop fiddlin, this set my ridlin"

Nice of you storm, I am out of ebay for a few weeks