Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I'll trade ya this for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

Comments

• << <i>Good luck with that one....... >>

lol

I see things have worked out quite Knicely!!!!!!!!!!
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    byron... am I correct in the fact that you won't make more then one trade with 1 single partner??
    if so.. I hope you reconsider that.. in the end.. getting to your goal is all that matters
    and i would love to see it.. you seem like a genuine good guy...
  • i'LL LOOK AND SEE WHAT i HAVE AND SEE IF WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    If that Dimaggio is still available it might be good to explore that out.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>No luck with the 67 set guys?

Steve >>

Not yet, but I continue to get occasional responses from those emails I sent out. We'll see.

<< <i>I think the idea of keeping trades going is what you need to be doing. You had a chance at a Joe D. PSA/DNA auto., you turned it down, a PSA 8 '61 Post Mantle, you turned it down. I think if your waiting for the "right" trade to come along, it'll come along later too, every trade is a trade in the right direction, as long as your not getting poor cards *cough*, but getting a nice card in return. Anyways, I wish you all the best, but I don't see how your setting your standards on what's an acceptable trade, and not. Then again, you've got someone looking to see in there recent submission for a $350 to $400 card to trade you. You ask me, that's more of a sucker bet.

Good luck, I truly wish you all the best! I just wonder what you decide as acceptable, and not. It's been unclear looking back at what you've been picking up. >>

baseballjef -- Thanks for the well wishes *cough*. After every trade I've made to this point, I've always given my reasons for making it... so, I don't know what else to tell ya with those. As for the deals I've turned down, yeah, I've turned down some very, very nice cards, but I disgaree with you that every trade for a nice card is the right trade. I think the quality of the trades is more important than the quantity. I'm not saying I've made the right decision with every offer that's been made, but I'm doin' my best.

<< <i>byron... am I correct in the fact that you won't make more then one trade with 1 single partner??
    if so.. I hope you reconsider that.. in the end.. getting to your goal is all that matters
    and i would love to see it.. you seem like a genuine good guy... >>

Thanks, OAKSEY. Like I've told more than one fellow genuine good guy, the thing about not trading with the same person twice is more of a strong preference than a rule. I'd do it in a pinch, or, say, if the person in question had a '52 Mantle available.
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Hey, does anyone have some 1967 Topps cards for trade?

Seriously, I love this thread, even though the trades have stalled a bit. It'll pick up again, and I'm sure once the right offer comes along, we'll all say "Ahhh...that's a great trade!"

Good luck, Byron. Just keep on keeping on...

Drew
  • That hasw got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in the card world.. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny.. That Nicely card is the perfect specimen to start something like this with. The card has got to be worth less than zero...in fact.. you owe people money for owning it. hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

tooo funny... I think I gotta get me one of those Nicely cards.

• << <i>I think I gotta get me one of those Nicely cards. >>

I am sure there are some guys on here who would be more than willing to sell you some.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Jeff- Again, I really don't see why this is hard for you to understand. The 67 Topps cards sell for around $300. The Mantle and DiMaggio cards sell for around $200. Just because it's a big name and a desirable card, doesn't mean it's worth trading down for. Instead of critiquing Bryon for turning down trades you think are good, just sit along for the ride and root him on. It's his project and he'll make whatever trades he thinks will get him closer to his goal.

Lee

<< <i>That hasw got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in the card world.. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny.. That Nicely card is the perfect specimen to start something like this with. The card has got to be worth less than zero...in fact.. you owe people money for owning it. hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

tooo funny... I think I gotta get me one of those Nicely cards. >>

You know, a few months after I started this, I stumbled across this gem in some other forgotten box in my collection and wished I could turn back the clock... Didn't think it was possible to get under the Knicely, but there it is.

• EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I get nightmares everytime I see 1989 Procards.
    Don't know how many boxes I've gone thru looking
    for some guy named Kevin Maas.
  • UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I get nightmares everytime I see 1989 Procards.
    Don't know how many boxes I've gone thru looking
    for some guy named Kevin Maas.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

And when you didn't find any did you say "No Maas"?image
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

PM being sent in a minute or two

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>

<< <i>That hasw got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen in the card world.. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny.. That Nicely card is the perfect specimen to start something like this with. The card has got to be worth less than zero...in fact.. you owe people money for owning it. hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

You know, a few months after I started this, I stumbled across this gem in some other forgotten box in my collection and wished I could turn back the clock... Didn't think it was possible to get under the Knicely, but there it is.

image >>

That Lasky is SWEET! Would you consider traing a 1952 Mantle PSA 3 for it?

Snorto~
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
    Lee

It would be worth it if he had another trade waiting in the wings.

Personally I think that Dimaggio is worth more then 2 bills, but what do I know?

But like you said all we can do is cheer him on!

(and try to keep this thread on page 1)

Steve

Good for you.
    Steve, this is what I'm going on: Link

There's nothing wrong with you or anybody else saying Bryon should consider such and such trade. Personally, I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger on some of the trades Bryon has. But Jeff has repeatedly said he can't understand why Bryon passed on the Mantle and Dimaggio, when they sell for $100 less than the '67 lot. Why is it hard to figure out?
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry Bryon, I really mean no offense. So if I upset you, or offended you in anyway I apologize. In all honesty, my baseball card collecting goals are obviously different than yours, and who knows who else. And in the midst of getting excited for you, I jump in and open my big mouth with what I would do. So, I am sorry.

Bryon, you will get your '52 Mantle, maybe not today. But you will! And we'll all be cheering for you every step of the way!

Jeff

<< <i>I am sorry Bryon, I really mean no offense. So if I upset you, or offended you in anyway I apologize. In all honesty, my baseball card collecting goals are obviously different than yours, and who knows who else. And in the midst of getting excited for you, I jump in and open my big mouth with what I would do. So, I am sorry.

Bryon, you will get your '52 Mantle, maybe not today. But you will! And we'll all be cheering for you every step of the way!

Jeff >>

We're just talking about baseball cards, my man. No offense taken. No apologies necessary. You and everyone else should feel absolutely free and welcome to bump this thread with any second-guessing, back-seat-driving or Monday-morning-armchair-quarterbacking you care to. It's all good to me. Big Mouth.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alan Nicely may want to see a scan of your officially licensed MLB card, so he can make fun of it. Scan please? image

And legendary Larry Lasky was the hottest minor league trainer prospect to ever come along for the Tuscon Toro's. Here's to you Larry image

I'm very happy to report that after 46 days, upwards of 150 emails and PMs sent and received, 15 trade offers, 8 pages of posts on this thread, and, OK, maybe one or two moments of doubt, I've finally struck a deal for the '67 Topps lot. I'll likely have the new card (singular!) up on the block next week sometime. Thanks to all who made offers and to everyone who's been patiently (and impatiently) following this particular stage of things.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Bryon!!

Looking forward to the next card, and the next trade, and wishing you the best all the way.

shawn
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats, look forward to seeing it, i am sure it was worth the wait

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Congrats Byron! Can't wait to see what you hauled in for that lot.

Good luck the rest of the way!
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
    I have no idea what you're getting for the 67 lot, but it's a bad trade. You could've done better.
  • WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have no idea what you're getting for the 67 lot, but it's a bad trade. You could've done better. >>

Now, that's funny! image
    Wondo

• WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Hey,

Does anybody even remember what cards are in the 67 lot? I mean, I'm sure Bryon does.image
    Wondo

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the 67's Bryon. The magic beans are on their way to you as we speak. Good luck with the giant.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    A teaser, a riddle, I can't wait to see the scans.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Exciting news!

<< <i>Hey,

Does anybody even remember what cards are in the 67 lot? I mean, I'm sure Bryon does.image >>

Actually, it's like college all over again. As soon as I'm done taking the test, I forget it all.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Bryon - congrats on the trade. Can't wait to see what you landed. Congrats also to the tradee - great lot of '67s!
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Congrats on the trade. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get!
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the trade! I can't wait to see what you got. image
    What they all said!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    great

good luck can't wait to see what it is.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Finally! This better be worth the wait.
  • Awesome, can't wait to see the 52 Mantle that you got in your trade for the 67'simage
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    very exciting!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • imageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Congratulations Byron, looking forward to your new acquisition.
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭

<< <i>I have no idea what you're getting for the 67 lot, but it's a bad trade. You could've done better. >>

lmao
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭
    Yay!

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy reading this thread. Here's hoping you've done well. I hope you traded for a single card - as I think that would be easier to trade next time.

<< <i>I hope you traded for a single card... >>

Yep. Uno.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm very happy to report that after 46 days, upwards of 150 emails and PMs sent and received, 15 trade offers, 8 pages of posts on this thread, and, OK, maybe one or two moments of doubt, I've finally struck a deal for the '67 Topps lot. I'll likely have the new card (singular!) up on the block next week sometime. Thanks to all who made offers and to everyone who's been patiently (and impatiently) following this particular stage of things. >>

I'm glad you were able to move those! I'm looking forward to seeing what you reel in!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Can't wait to see what you were able to trade for.
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Does this mean I can come out of hiding and stop holding my breath? image
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso