Home U.S. Coin Forum

Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data f

Comments

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, they hit my card with the credit today and turned around and hit it again for the replacement. The canel box is gone. Boy, I hope it is a good one. I am not sure I want to go through this again.

Oh well, if anything, it delays paying for it a month.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I did see I received two 2008 1/2 oz PR plats in December 2008. They must be still sealed my stack of mint boxes. I wish they were the MS coins but I guess they are still worth a little more than what I paid for them. >>

The 2008-W proof plats are actually worth a bit more than their burnished counterparts.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a small sign of the times - MCM, for the first time I have seen, is OUT of UHR's.

On a side note, my local bank has plenty of dollars......

Miles

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

• << <i>As a small sign of the times - MCM, for the first time I have seen, is OUT of UHR's.

Miles >>

The problem with the bank is they have loaned 20 times what they have on deposit so the smallest of runs and that plenty of dollars evaps in a real hurry.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In another post the 1975 no S proof dime seems to have gone for THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND!!
    Ouch, I just can not see it, but bon chance for the buyer.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

• << <i><< I did see I received two 2008 1/2 oz PR plats in December 2008. They must be still sealed my stack of mint boxes. I wish they were the MS coins but I guess they are still worth a little more than what I paid for them. >>

The 2008-W proof plats are actually worth a bit more than their burnished counterparts. >>

What do you want for them? I will give them a good home.

Eric

• << <i>

<< <i>As a small sign of the times - MCM, for the first time I have seen, is OUT of UHR's.

Miles >>

The problem with the bank is they have loaned 20 times what they have on deposit so the smallest of runs and that plenty of dollars evaps in a real hurry. >>

................................................................................

Actually loan to deposit ratio is closer to 1:1 for most banks.

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>As a small sign of the times - MCM, for the first time I have seen, is OUT of UHR's.
    Miles >>

The problem with the bank is they have loaned 20 times what they have on deposit so the smallest of runs and that plenty of dollars evaps in a real hurry. >>

................................................................................

Actually loan to deposit ratio is closer to 1:1 for most banks. >>

Most of bank funding is in deposits, many use brokered deposits, repo, federal home loan bank advances, the Fed and long-term debt to diversify their funding.

They typically run from 80% to 110% loan to deposit ratios.

Bank capital runs anywhere from 5-10% typically--thus the "20 times" refered to above.

Actual cash and coin on hand at your local bank is a small fraction of that.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
    Looks like some new Silver Eagle keys coming:

United States Mint Announces Plans to Issue American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set

A second reverse proof with 2/5 the mintage of the 2006-P!

A 2011-S uncirculated Silver Eagle (assuming it's mintmarked) with a mintage of 100,000!

This set is likely to rearrange the key structure for Silver Eagles, and will likely demote some of the existing keys. But it may also spark additional interest in the series overall.

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like some new Silver Eagle keys coming:

United States Mint Announces Plans to Issue American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set

A second reverse proof with 2/5 the mintage of the 2006-P!

A 2011-S uncirculated Silver Eagle (assuming it's mintmarked) with a mintage of 100,000!

This set is likely to rearrange the key structure for Silver Eagles, and will likely demote some of the existing keys. But it may also spark additional interest in the series overall. >>

Sweet, the Mint, the gift that keeps giving....

* one proof coin from the United States Mint at West Point
    * one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at West Point
    * one uncirculated coin from the United States Mint at San Francisco
    * one reverse proof coin (frosted background with polished, mirror-like design elements/foreground) from the United States Mint at Philadelphia
    * one bullion coin

That San Fran Unc. is going to have a "S" mint mark, because they are also including a bullion coin, I guess that would be without mint mark.

With the silver Proof selling for $60, you can expect a $300 set.

A little reminder of the good ol days:
    1. AE 20TH ANNIVERSARY 3-COIN SIL (A10) @ $100.00 - Backordered 10/06/06.

2. AE 20TH ANNIVERSARY 3-COIN GOL (A12) @ $2610.00 - Backordered 10/06/06.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't follow silver as much as gold and plats.

What was the mintage of the 20th anniv silver sets?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    Wow, The Mint processed my MOH and Army gold unc returns fast. The replacements are supposedly being sent out on Mon.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they limited the 20th anniversary sets to 250,000

Eric's book lists 248,875 sales (I can't recall... I think it was a sell-out and the lower numbers were returns)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    at 100k there is potential for a couple of these to be semi-key.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    I expect there will be a multitude of labels:

2011 bullion.
    2011 bullion, First Strike.
    2011 bullion, 25th Anniversary Set.
    2011 bullion, 25th Anniversary Set, First Strike.
    2011 bullion struck at San Francisco.
    2011 bullion struck at San Francisco, First Strike.
    2011-W proof.
    2011-W proof, First Strike.
    2011-W proof, 25th Anniversary Set.
    2011-W proof, 25th Anniversary Set, First Strike.
    2011-P reverse proof, 25th Anniversary Set.
    2011-P reverse proof, 25th Anniversary Set, First Strike.
    2011-W uncirculated.
    2011-W uncirculated, First Strike.
    2011-W uncirculated, 25th Anniversary Set.
    2011-W uncirculated, 25th Anniversary Set, First Strike.
    2011-S uncirculated, 25th Anniversary Set.
    2011-S uncirculated, 25th Anniversary Set, First Strike.

Did I miss any? image

• If they put an S on the unc dollar that is going to be a serious coin at 100000 mintage. Buy your five and dont be in a big hurry to sell.

Eric

• << <i>If they put an S on the unc dollar that is going to be a serious coin at 100000 mintage. Buy your five and dont be in a big hurry to sell.

Eric >>

The 2006-W Silver Eagle has a mintage of 466,573

The US Mint is a strange creature. What if the S-Mint isnt marked. I know there is a bullion version but the Mint has done stranger things. I also wonder if the Silver Eagle's Unc coming out September 29 will have a mint mark (W) ? Or will they be burnished (The 2011 Gold Unc-W version isnt burnished)

If the 25th Anniv. set is a mint marked set (not counting the bullion version) then these could be very nice.

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    100,000 sets at 5 a household is only 20,000 orders. This should last all of a day or two.
    What we need is a matching 25th anniversary gold set! image

(I wonder how many would sell at $10,000+ per set??)

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

2008 was a truely great year! >>

Looks like 2011 could be very good too.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt it be funny if they included the 2011-S Unc ONLY with a Gold and Plat Unc "S" mintmarked coin and have similar rage as they had in 1995?

So that you have to pay $4000+ to get the Unc S Silver Eagle........

However, I wouldn't rule out the option of buying some of these in single format........you never know

It doesnt take much to offer that Unc-S Silver Eagle alongside the Unc-W Silver Eagle in late Sept.......

But I would think that the USM wants to have some "draw" towards buying the set.......

Of course, I'm all in.
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>100,000 sets at 5 a household is only 20,000 orders. This should last all of a day or two. >>

I'm guessing a couple of hours at a price of ~$450 for the set. With a set this large, there is no way that the "S" unc and the RP won't be semi-key forever. This set is a gift from Uncle Sugar.
    ...and what about the potential for variety or error...three different mints and a rush to get these put together and out the door...and the mintage will be sub-100K (psychologically significant) since there will be rejects and a slight likelihood they won't make all 100K or silver will spike down and some will return for that reason..and about a dozen other reasons they won't sell the max...

<< <i>...and what about the potential for variety or error... >>

What about the potential for dings, scratches, etc slamming these things together.
  • And the WSOD (White Spots Of Death) Milk Spots that plague this issue.
    I can't wait to hear more details. Will have to have the release day off from work. Friends and family network on this one.
    What a bonanza this will be for our host.

Will there be gold & plat sets??

To think, the 20th anniv gold set would be $6k if released today.

Were there household limits on the 20th anniv sets?

<< <i>Were there household limits on the 20th anniv sets? >>

If I remember correctly, 10 sets per address.

Because of this limitation, Silver Eagle sets were soon fetching over $150 in the secondary marketplace, even though the sets continued to be available for several weeks at $100 each from the Mint.

<< <i>What a bonanza this will be for our host.

Will there be gold & plat sets?? >>

the rumor mill only indicated a silver set.

<< <i>

<< <i>...and what about the potential for variety or error... >>

What about the potential for dings, scratches, etc slamming these things together. >>

I assume that you're implying scratches/dings would be bad for this set--I think fewer 70s would be another positive overall.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe it's already been five years since the last anniversary set.
  • lets see.....a 5 coin silver anniversary set with 2 possible key coins in it.....Yeah i`m all in on that!!!

i just hope silver holds its price till after the sets are sold and delivered. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
    Oh, I am sure they have already been prices, min. current spot plus 50% subject to escalation should silver increase.
    Just a quick heads-up, with gold at $1890+, the prices for proof 2011 Gold Eagles from the Mint are close to the market prices for 2011 uncirculated Gold Eagles.

Remember not that long ago when all Gold Eagle proofs enjoyed a *huge* premium over spot?

• The Mint has once again pulled the gold products earlier for repricing.
    All the gold eagles, buffalo, first spouse are not available right now.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    What is the name of Eric's book. I keep seeing you folks mentioning info from it on this thread. I would like to look into getting one. Thanks in advance, Mike
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
    Here is the Amazon link. It's a MUST have.

Sorry, I still don't know how to do the links on the forum (thank's MsM for trying to help me with this on another thread, no luck):

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Commemorative-Coins-Invest-Tomorrow/dp/1440212899
  • Here you go, R!

Amazon Link

1. Copy URL
    2. On a reply, click the "http" button.
    3. Paste URL
    4. On next screen, enter text you want to display: for example "Amazon Link."
    5. Done!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    On my end, I have to hit the http, then click (((delete))) before paste otherwise I'd end up with 2 http's in the subject...

<< <i>The Mint has once again pulled the gold products earlier for repricing.
    All the gold eagles, buffalo, first spouse are not available right now. >>

Hey, they can't do that. It is not Wednesday!!!

Well, at least I get to go pick up my $1,778.00 MS AGE from UPS today!!! image

<< <i>What is the name of Eric's book. I keep seeing you folks mentioning info from it on this thread. I would like to look into getting one. Thanks in advance, Mike >>

Or go here:

Good Deal

You can get them for less than $5.00 with shipping.
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    silver plat link Nope that didn't work image
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    silver But that one did. That is so awesome. Thank youimage
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
    You need to pick https or http that matches the link you are trying to post. You can't use https for a http link. If you look at the properties of your first link, it has http twice at the beginning. That doesn't work either.

<< <i>'S' is for sellout, by Dave Harper >>

shhhhhh

the mint people read the numis-press!

<< <i>Here you go, R!

Amazon Link

1. Copy URL
    2. On a reply, click the "http" button.
    3. Paste URL
    4. On next screen, enter text you want to display: for example "Amazon Link."
    5. Done! >>

Thanks!!!!

<< <i>'S' is for sellout, by Dave Harper >>

I'm in for 10 sets. Be at the computer at high noon on this one or you'll be a image
    this one will test their upgrades (if any)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file