Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2008 TOPPS HERITAGE Thread

Comments

• Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are making me nervous, and I didn't even buy a case from him. I wasn't even sure if I'd be participating again this year, but I can't resist the Heritage.

My only problem is I just had surgery 5 days ago to repair some ligaments in the thumb on my sorting hand. Makes it very difficult to handle cards. I'll just be a little slow to the trading scene.

Only another couple weeks !!!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a Heritage injury. Are you day to day, or will you need to go on the disabled list Ian?
  • Options
    I'm on the 15-day DL right now. But I haven't handled cards since Friday, so it's retroactive. I should be ready to go (or at least get this stupid cast off) by Heritage Day. Hopefully I don't get designated for assignment.

I just wanna play, coach !!!

Ian
  • Options
    You may need a few rehab starts in the minors. First a few Topps series 1 packs and then a few UD series 1 packs, before you come back up to the Heritage show.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    ian

Your doc should of known that this is no time to do surgury. Does he not collect
    heritage? Maybe he could sort for you!

Kevin
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may jump on the Heritage bandwagon this year, Heritage addict got me all fired up with his 2008 card designs. My question is what are you garunteed when you buy an unopened box at the hobby store- one auto? or are those just randomly put in? I bought prolly about 50 packs last year and before that prolly about the same amount back in 2003-I loved the 54 design! But I never sniffed an auto or a relic card. seems they are few and far between- also I dont think I ever got any SP's. Is there any SP's automatically put in an unopened box?
  • Options
    Last year, as well as this year, a box did NOT guarantee an auto.

This year, i think a case gives an auto. Kevin knows more about the odds than I do.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    There no guarantees on an auto per case - Topps only states that each hobby box will have one relic OR one auto.

SP's have always been 1 per 2 packs in the past (2002 were 2 per 3 packs), but this year they are only 1 for every 3 packs. Perky, you have definately gotten a bunch of sp's if you've opened 50+ packs. In my experience the sp pull rates are rock solid and don't vary too much, so you probably have 23-27 sp's per 50 packs.

Red flags, Nick. So are you going to buy another case elsewhere as a backup?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I did have some SP's-I prolly didnt even know it. I do Know that I NEVER got a Pujols,Arod or even a Manny. I might pass and just grab what I want off of Ebay, I have ZERO luck pulling auto's or relic cards anyways..
  • Options
    Since there was no promise of auto or relic in hobby boxes I went with blasters and I did ok at about 2 relics in every three blasters...but no big hits. One red auto #/50 sold on ebay for $120. but that was best pull in 9 blasters and a hobby box.

Just a thought.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I ordered the same day that NIck did (1/22). My guess is that svu is paying off older preorders with money he is currently getting in on new preorders. He has a bunch of cases for sale now on other products, hopefully those at the end of the line (us?) don't end up getting screwed. 3 of the new negatives are from the same guy, Phelan (svu) seems like he's making a real effort to take care of everyone.

Jim I got the spreadsheet from Paul also.....I'll probably wait til I get this years before going to work on last years.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Great.

Now the guy I bought from (aaee8) has four negatives in the last three days for not delivering product.

Someone tell me how the paypal thing works, please.

shawn
  • Options
    With all the build-up and excitement, I hate seeing potential disappointment with some of the case sellers. I hope that everyone receives their product and that 08 is as fun as 07.

Very curious as to the stamped original 59's, and what the overall reaction will be among collectors, resales, etc.
  • Options
    Only one week to go. image
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    I am ready, bring them on.

What is a fair price per Hobby box? My local store is usually a little high, but he will always have some for me.

Dave

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    when will someone have a list of the SP's like you guys did last year? or is that what this sheet is that is being email around??
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I spoke with my supplier yesterday. I might have my case on the 26th. If not, then no later than the 27th. The anticipation is killing me!

edited to correct spelling

• Options

<< <i>I spoke with my supplier yesterday >>

Hmmmmm, I think the right person (Heritage Addict) started this thread. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>Only one week to go. image >>

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be spending that time without product and in the middle of a paypal claim. I sent a message to my seller 24 hours ago and have yet to get a response, but in the meantime he received two more negatives for not delivering product since my last message.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I guess I'll cross my fingers.

feedback for my seller, notice the steller feedback before this week

Also notice he has nothing for sell either via auction or in the store. It's like he's disappeared. I emailed him before the auction closed last month and got a response in less than an hour. Now, nothing.

:sigh:
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna go with Blowoutcards.com with their boxes for $63. They were $60 but just got bumped up...jerks. There have been too many horror stories the past couple of pages about paypal claims and stuff that I figure I'll go with a sure thing site since it's just one box.

Also, when it says that it's released Feb. 27th, does that mean that it'll be shipped out the 27th or will they try to ship it out a few days before, like the 24th, so they can get them to everyone by or within a day of the 27th?
  • Options
    I'm not expecting my order from svu18 either. I spoke with a guy in new york today and got two cases delivered for $600 each. He said he gets his on the release date and then promised ups 2-3
    ground depending on where you are at. His website is LRCARDS.com When I ordered he had four left. His ebay rating is 100% positive with almost 7000 ratings. If for some strange reason svu delivers I'll have one case available for sure.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    It sucks that a few guys on here are getting shafted by obvious ebay scum. I hope those of you who file refunds get them
    in a timely manner and that those who stay get their products.

If you are ordering on the net expect some delay. If a product comes in on the 27th, that doesn't mean it goes out the 27th. The
    good news is that the 27th is a Wednesday, so that gives us a few travel days as UPS is useless on the weekends.

I'm going to help my local dealer out and buy from him. It might be a few boxes, it might be the whole darn case. One year
    he gave me a super deal on a case, but other years I have been left scratching my head. Another dealer, who I feel no love
    from, but is usually stocked, usually marks his stuff up a good deal. I was ready to buy 5 boxes from him last year....all I wanted
    was a 5-10 dollar cut on the price and he wouldn't budge....I put 3 boxes back and only bought 2.....those 3 boxes are STILL
    there in the store AND they are a lot less (and I pulled the Brooks auto from the two boxes). I guess that is a lesson to any greedy dealer.

The days of heritage being limited are over, there will be PLENTY of product, even though on line dealers (like blowout) will have
    you believing that it is limited. If you can curb your hunger for a week or so you will probably find some lesser prices. Of course
    topps could do another Alex Gordon thing, and 90 bucks a box might look good in a few weeks!

Remember retail will be an onslaught. They will be lacking the 59 toppers,but once hobby prices go higher than 72 a box, then
    retail is the only way to go. You should be able to pick up some amazing deals on retail cases in a week or two.

My boy is 5 now and I think this might be the last year I do heritage alone. I hope to get him into it soon. I just have to keep any
    real one autos or 59 Mantles away from my 2 year old!!!!!

HERITAGE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

• Options
    I've only got 2 local shops that will carry Heritage, one I know will try to squeeze every dime they can out of them, and one that promises the 'lowest prices in town', but usually don't carry much stock unless it's Triple Threads, Sterling, etc. If either of them have them for around $60 per box, I'll probably grab 3 or 4 boxes, then maybe later on get a few more or a case.

Less than a week, folks! image
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    Anyone heard anything about a delay? My local dealer said he's heard a couple of different dates...
  • Options
    My local dealer doesn't know if there's a delay, but his schedule does state that 2 different topps sets are scheduled for the 27th, so he expects one of them to slip.

Thanks for the tip on lrcards.com. I picked up a case from them tonight - just as backup in case svu18 doesn't come through.

I feel better now - and maybe I'll end up with 2 full cases (+2 boxes from my local guy).
  • Options
    Also like to says thanks for the tip for the LR Cards site. I placed my order there as well ($600 delivered vs $695 and $690 at the sites I usually use). Here we go .........!
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I'm going to stick with SVU.....seems like an alright guy....stuff happens. I mean he has done thousands of dollars worth of preorders so maybe he got shafted or maybe he oversold. In any case I'm sure the credit card will refund it if I don't get it.....I suppose I might file a claim tomorrow just in case.....

I have no local shops so if I'm delayed or don't get my preorder I'll do something online and try to find a blaster or 9 at 'The Wal Mart'.

I'm still looking for lots of 06 refractors and some others so hopefully I'll get some stuff to trade and you guys can help me out! I'm looking forward to trading.......we should have an 'opening day' of trading. One week after the product comes out.....I know THAT won't happen though. Heritage SHARKS around here!

May you all pull hand numbered autos!

Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I just went with LRCards as well. Looks like the guys that sucked me into A&G have done it again. Can't wait for the trades to begin.
  • Options
    "try to find a blaster or 9 at 'The Wal Mart'."

...and with that comes the look of horror on the face of the walmart employee as the total rings up the same amount as
    that employees paycheck for the month. Gotta love that. It does look like retail blasters will be in the smaller boxes
    this year, so instead of a tower of waste that usually forms after a retail rip, the remains this year should be much
    more negotiable!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>I'm going to stick with SVU.....seems like an alright guy....stuff happens. I mean he has done thousands of dollars worth of preorders so maybe he got shafted or maybe he oversold. In any case I'm sure the credit card will refund it if I don't get it.....I suppose I might file a claim tomorrow just in case..... >>

I'm with Travis, he (svu) has some new positives today, some of the negs are from people who got refunds and some from people who may still get refunds. No local card stores here either and our Walmart doesn't stock much Heritage. If I get refunded I have the patience to wait on retail.

Edited to say: Talk about Lame ! I just ordered a case from LR Cards also to hedge my bets.......changed my mind within 5 minutes of my original post.image

Best of luck to all Heritage collectors this year,
    Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Before the '08 gets out of hand, I was going through some boxes last night and found some '06 Chrome. I didn't do anything with Chromes in '06, so they are available if anybody wants to trade for '08 credit. They are:

Just thought I would offer to you addicts rather than take the time to put them up on EBAY.

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I'm kicking off my 2008 Heritage season with a free card contest. One of the cards is a Topps Heritage auto. Check out the details in my sig below. I'll be giving away some 2008's as well in the coming weeks. Looking forward to ripping again! I have hedged my original SVU18 order with a blowout order to make sure I get something in the next week or two. Good luck to all the other SVU18 customers out there. Hopefully he comes through with the cards.
  • Options
    LRCards is loving CU members right about now. I ordered my "just in case" case from him today. At $600 shipped this late in the game I feel like a winner already.
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I'll post my 'pre 08' wantlist here. I could have had the griffey and duke 04 refractors locked up but my internet went down that night! Well, here it is.

2002 Topps Heritage

New Age Performers

2003 Topps Heritage

Chrome
    9 14 16 28 29 41 65 76 87

Seat Relics
    Ernie Banks
    Yogi Berra
    Dick Groat
    Andy Pafko
    Phil Rizzuto
    Warren Spahn

2004 Topps Heritage

Chrome Refractors
    17 Soriano 26 Griffey 28 Walker 40 Prior 52 Sexson 55 73 Zach Duke

2006 Topps Heritage

2006 Topps Heritage Chrome

16 74 97

Refractor
    7 11 12 16 17 20 21 23 24 27 37 46 47 50 51 58 60 63 64 67 72 80 81 82 91 92 94 97 98 99 100 107 108

Seat Relics

Stan Musial

Clubhouse Collection Relics

AK Al Kaline Bat B/125
    AR Alex Rodriguez Bat A/99
    AR2 Alex Rodriguez Jsy D
    BB Barry Bonds Uni A/99
    BRO Brooks Robinson Bat A/99
    CS Curt Schilling Jsy C
    DO David Ortiz Jsy C
    FR Frank Robinson Bat B/125
    KG Khalil Greene Jsy D
    MM Mickey Mantle Bat A/99
    MR2 Manny Ramirez Bat J
    SM Stan Musial Bat A/99
    TI Tadahito Iguchi Jsy J

2007 Topps Heritage want list

Refractors (558)
    5 14 20 31 46 52 76 85 87 105 110

Clubhouse Collection
    A Justin Morneau, Ryan Howard, B Ben Sheets, Hank Blalock, Ivan Rodriguez, Miguel Cabrera, Torii Hunter,

Seat Relics
    Al Kaline
    Warren Spahn
    Stan Musial
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    still not sure if I'm gonna buy any more cards this year
  • Options
    Yeah right.
  • Options
    Anyone care to discuss more thoughts on svu18?? Has anyone contacted him or know his phone number and address?

Craig in Texas
  • Options

<< <i> Also, when it says that it's released Feb. 27th, does that mean that it'll be shipped out the 27th or will they try to ship it out a few days before, like the 24th, so they can get them to everyone by or within a day of the 27th? >>

• Options
    Travis, I've got 2002 nap14 (pujols) set aside for you....save me an extra 2008 chrome.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone care to discuss more thoughts on svu18?? Has anyone contacted him or know his phone number and address?

Craig in Texas >>

Last 5 feedbacks weren't negatives. image
  • Options
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Baby steps, Nick, baby steps.

Hope things work out. I seriously waffled about getting from him, but my local said he could get me somewhat of a deal and I want to buy from them as much as possible.

I still think the beginning of trading at a specific point is a cool idea. Kind of like the bell going off at the stock market.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Anyone going to answer my question? I know you all know the answer...
  • Options
    Release date usually means that is the date when it hits stores. Obviously it ships before then, Im guessing on Monday. You will
    most likely see it up on ebay on the 26th.

Kevin
  • Options
    Wednesday cannot get here soon enough!
  • Options
    Another negative on svu18. At least it is on Sp Authentic Football again.

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    Nick,

You did say that you only live about 20 miles away from svu18 and that he said you could pick up your cases in person, right? I also believe I remember you saying he would not give you his address. Am I correct? We need to have a plan of recourse to protect the members of this awesome group.

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    I've sent two messages to aaee8 over the last 72 hours and have yet to get a response.

On a bright note for some of you, at least the svu guy still has auctions up and running. My seller has no auctions going, nothing for sell in his store, and won't reply to any of my messages. Seems he's disappeared.

I don't understand what could happen to the guy. He had 1200 plus positives with just a couple of negs and most of his sells and positives were on cases in the $1000+ range. It's not like he sold a bunch of .50 cards and then ran off with the money after listing a bunch of cases. 1200 positives!! Then leaves at the time I decide to spend money.

I guess I'll be missing out this year. I don't have another $600 to buy a "just in case" case. By the time I get a paypal claim to go through and hopefully get any money back, the stuff will be over a month old, most of the excitement will be over, and I'll more than likely lose interest. No fun trading by myself.

I hadn't bought a card in over a year and was really looking forward to this case as a big jump back into buying and trading. Doesn't look like it's going to work out.

Best of luck to all of you.

shawn

• Options
    Shawn, a month later we'll still be here ready to trade. heck after a month, you'll probably be able to get a really good deal...prices will go down from where they are now. Look at 2006/2007 boxes. They can still be had for 45-50 bucks on ebay. This year will be no different...I predict there will be even more product produced.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if aaeee and svu18 were related. Both had very similar track records although aaeee had 1000 more positives.

Craig in Texas