Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 Topps Baseball Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Czar,

Yes, I'm doing cross-overs from PSA/BVG/GAI into SGC for this particular year. The Jones was a x-cover from PSA 9 and the Brett was already in the SGC holder. I'm still looking to upgrade from SGC 84 Fidrych & SGC 88 Munson. I'd upgrade SGC 92s to 96s for: Garvey, Lynn and Bench.

LMK if you run across Mint cards of those, league leaders or Minnesota Twins. Thanks, Erik

Thanks Bobby & guys...My favorite 70s set...by far...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Who won the 77 Grich in PSA 10, 1/1 from a couple of days ago? Nice card and congrats! I was surprised at the final price but I would have paid it too (I came in second fiddle....image). Good work.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I know someone on these boards that collects 77 PSA 10's, now who could it be?

Bobby,
    When you gonna' sell me one of those Rose PSA 9's?
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • Options
    No worries! Nice pickup. image I thought I could get it at around $450 but I was wrong. image Keep on fighting the good fight boys! Oh and BTW, CONGRATS on the article!!! That's terrific.
  • Options

<< <i>I know someone on these boards that collects 77 PSA 10's, now who could it be?

Bobby,
    When you gonna' sell me one of those Rose PSA 9's? >>

I only have about a dozen of them. I have more 8s than that! image PM me your address and I will see what I can do.

Bobby
  • Options
    Bobby,
    In regards to your recent vending box, can you please let me know the approx number of 9s and 10s you guess were in the 500? It would be a great help to me in deciding on whether to buy a couple,
    thanks,
    Henry
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Czar...which collector are you in that '66 article? Merz? Weigle? Hansen? Wolt? Wagner?
  • Options

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're quoted in the print edition of SMR, you should have the option of having a title ("PSA Set Consultant" or something similar) under your screen name here.
  • Options

<< <i>Bobby,
    In regards to your recent vending box, can you please let me know the approx number of 9s and 10s you guess were in the 500? It would be a great help to me in deciding on whether to buy a couple,
    thanks,
    Henry >>

For the first box, I would guess only about 20 or so were Mint quality or better. For box two, I'd guess about 50 to 75. Hope this helps. I have heard that you can expect to find around 10 to 20% from legit Vending boxes...sometimes better, sometimes worse. image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I believe ilovecards bought a vending box and it might have just been a bad one, but had nothing that was gradable.
  • Options

• Options
    Thanks for the info...sounds very similar to what I would expect from a 75 mini break.
  • Options
    Morning Gentlemen,
    I have another question. Do any of you have an educated guess as to how much unopened material for 77 is still out there? Specifically, any ballpark figures on the number of unopened vending cases? A curious collector would like to know!
    Regards,
    Henry
  • Options
  • Options

Not as many than 75 mini wax lolimage

• Options
    ...under advice from my collecting guruimage
  • Options
  • Options
    BTW as a life-long Lion fan - I just gotta love your Farve analysis Czar...I've always thought he was a phoney - one more teary eyed retirement followed by an interception riddled season to follow...
  • Options

<< <i>...under advice from my collecting guruimage >>

So who's the guru?
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
  • Options
    Actually all the pack fans have to say is 0-16...
  • Options

or eric hipple lol!!!! gary danielson!!!!!! oh eric kramer!!!! ah rusty hilger lol!!! and last and my favorite i cant throw a pass standing up scott mitchell!!!!!!

whos brett favreimage
  • Options
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I picked up this Munson recently, an upgrade from an 88. The SGC 96, by the same seller, around the same time, went for $175, I believe.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I love that card! Its been awhile but it was a tough card to find nicely centered .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    That's a beautiful Munson.

I just got this in from Steve at BBCE. I think I am gonna open it this weekend sometime. image

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck on that -
    Hope you fare better than I did with my vending box a couple years ago.
    I have a pretty large sub of '77s going in to PSA today, Frank if you're listening cross your fingers for me - hope to get some pop 1s. But with my luck on 77 lately, I'll probably get a grader having a bad day.
  • Options
  • Options
    I, too, am sweating out a batch of '77s from my April sub. My past results have been equally terrible.

It doesn't seem like there's been any dent at all to the top Registry positions, in well over a year!

Nick
  • Options
    Well, the box was just okay but I enjoyed opening it. I probably pulled about 15-20 gradeable cards although I didn't pull much that I personally was searching for.... I have included a couple of scans of the more desirable cards IMO. I love the Kingman and Garvey and will submit them both at some point. image

Edit: BTW - You should note that the Garvey doesn't have the dreaded ink mark along its left side. image

• Options
    Nice cards. That rookie catchers card brings back some memories.

-Mike
    SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for the following in PSA 8 or 9

Omar Moreno PSA 8 or 9
    Dave Parker PSA 9

Thanks
    Bobby
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Frank Merz (czar) you should get ahold of me via PM. I lost your email. Got some you might be interested in....
  • Options
    I smell 10s....
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently down to just these five PSA 7's to complete my set! image

144 Bruce Sutter RC
    150 Tom Seaver
    450 Pete Rose
    473 Andre Dawson RC
    476 Dale Murphy RC
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    My most recent addition.... Thank you Matt! You just gotta love the 70s 'stache that Mr. Grich is so proudly sporting. image

• Options
    That's the nicest Grich I've ever seen. When 77's are that clear and sharp, they are some of the nicest looking card Topps every put out.
    IMO.

The registration on that card is perfectimage
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow...I just noticed that. But I stayed at #3, so, maybe it's just a name change?

Congrats on 60%!
  • Options

<< <i>The thread hit two and a half years today. Happy mid-year Birthday to all the 1977 fans out there.

If you will allow me to again set aside my humility I would like to share another milestone hit. I passed the 60% mark in 10's this week. Next goal 70% by the threads fourth birthday.

By the way does anyone know who Black Sox our registry leader is? Any chance is Mikescardsdotcom on ebay?

Thanks,
    FJM >>

It has to be MikesCardsDotCom.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the where abouts of the Topps #110 Steve Carlton PSA 10's POP 7...

• Options

<< <i>The thread hit two and a half years today. Happy mid-year Birthday to all the 1977 fans out there.

If you will allow me to again set aside my humility I would like to share another milestone hit. I passed the 60% mark in 10's this week. Next goal 70% by the threads fourth birthday.

By the way does anyone know who Black Sox our registry leader is? Any chance is Mikescardsdotcom on ebay?

Thanks,
    FJM >>

That is awesome and is no small feat. Wow. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you will allow me to again set aside my humility I would like to share another milestone hit. I passed the 60% mark in 10's this week. Next goal 70% by the threads fourth birthday. >>

Just notice the reply. Very nice job on the 60 %. image

Frank I've been concentrating on the 83's , so in a month or two , I'll get back with you on the other stuff.

Again , way to go.----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i> but like brett favre he has developed a cult following that borders on obsession and drives his cards through the roof. >>

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
  • Options
    BozgrizBozgriz Posts: 11 ✭✭