Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What'd ya get Jason? I'd love to see some scans... >>

Mailman has to deliver them first!!lol

I scan every single card on my set, so these will most definitely be added..Keep an eye on it for the new additions...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Along the lines of QB talk

My top 10

1. Otto Graham
    2. Otto Everett Graham
    3. Otto Everett graham Jr.
    4. O. Graham
    5. Otto
    6. Moonlight Graham
    7. Dr. Graham
    8. Archie Graham
    9. Mr. Graham
    10. Jim Hart

OOOOh by the way !! Ending in 30 min !!! (eBay spam!)

Otto Graham rookie card !!!

Gabbs
  • Options
    Hey do any of you guys use BigCrumbs.com for your ebay buying? I signed up a few months back and check out how much cash back I've gotten:

Lifetime Activity
    Member Name: jasp24
    Total Earned: $95.16

And all you have to do is make your bids/BINs through an ebay link on Bigcrumbs...They actually pay you monthly via PayPal payment..If anyone isn't using this who makes purchases on ebay you are leaving money on the table!

Here's a link if you're interested:

BigCrumbs.com

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭
    JASON

THANKS FOR THE LINK. WILL CHECK IT OUT.
    WHEN YOU MENTIONED BIGCRUMBS...I THOUGHT YOU WERE REFERING TO JOE SQUIRES... HE HE
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

<< <i>JASON

THANKS FOR THE LINK. WILL CHECK IT OUT.
    WHEN YOU MENTIONED BIGCRUMBS...I THOUGHT YOU WERE REFERING TO JOE SQUIRES... HE HE >>

No he's BIGPOCKETS not BIGCRUMBS...lol
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I have 4 cards for sale if anyone is interested:

BVG 7.5 Tom Fears rc
    PSA 8 Bob Kuechenberg rc
    PSA 9 Dermontti Dawson rc, and
    PSA 9 John Offerdahl rc

PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo.com if interested.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Now that I have upgraded my 48 Bowman Bulldog Turner to PSA 8, I've listed my PSA 7 Turner on ebay ending next Sunday. I havn't seen one auctioned in FOREVER so just decided to list on ebay for .99 opening bid and see what happens. I've owned this PSA 7 since 2001, it was one of only 3 cards I still have in my collection from prior to 2002. Most have been upgraded, and I'm sure everyone is aware how tough the Turner RC is..I had it reholdered last year along with a bunch of my other HOF RCs because it had a scratched case.

The last PSA 6 Turner RC sold for $380.15 back in August according to VCP, so I'm hopeful I can re-coup a nice portion of the 4-digit price I paid for the Turner 8. But, you never know with ebay auctions...Part of the fun I guess..lol

Best of luck to anyone interested and I hope it goes to one of the HOF RC collectors.

Jason
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    A Brady 8 went for $1,078 last night. Wowie.

Brady 8
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A Brady 8 went for $1,078 last night. Wowie.

Brady 8 >>

That price is insane. No way an 8 should command that price
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    What would a Brady that was bent in half go for?
  • Options

<< <i>What would a Brady that was bent in half go for? >>

There's only 1250 of them to go around..Every "bent" Brady sends the prices higher...Bend away!!..image

Jason
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What would a Brady that was bent in half go for? >>

There's only 1250 of them to go around..Every "bent" Brady sends the prices higher...Bend away!!..image

Jason >>

I'm thinking I could have had a PSA 9 over the summer for about $800, no? Does anyone have a quick snapsnot on the price history of this card from 2000 forward? Highs and lows would do...
  • Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    I have the following HOF rookies going on ebay tonight under my user ID, Bkritz.

Free shipping to any of y'all.

B

1972 Topps Larry Little #240 psa 9
    1974 Topps John Hannah # 383 psa 8
    1975 topps Blount # 12 psa 8
    1975 Topps Swann # 282 psa 9
    1979 topps Earl Campbell # 390 psa 9

Take a look and happy collecting!

B
  • Options
    Sweet cards Brian. The Little in particular should fetch a nice price. Good luck!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    let's see, anyone want to make a wager on what card will be worth more in the future, a PSA 8 Tom Brady rookie, or a PSA 8 57 Topps Unitas rookie? Heck, even throw in one of those Dwight Stephenson 10's in there too with the Brady.
  • Options
    Anyone here live in South Carolina?

I just got re-assigned to work at the Drill SGT School at Ft. Jackson, which I think is near Columbia, SC. I've been through SC many times when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC but never lived there.

Just trying to find someone I know in the area that can give me some tips on what parts of town are good and bad to live in.

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone here live in South Carolina?

I just got re-assigned to work at the Drill SGT School at Ft. Jackson, which I think is near Columbia, SC. I've been through SC many times when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC but never lived there.

Just trying to find someone I know in the area that can give me some tips on what parts of town are good and bad to live in.

Jason >>

Jason,

Charleston is my favorite place in the US. How far is Columbia from Charleston? Any idea?

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone here live in South Carolina?

Jason >>

Jason,

Charleston is my favorite place in the US. How far is Columbia from Charleston? Any idea?

Greg M. >>

118 miles according to Google...Columbia (Ft. Jackson) is basically in the dead center of SC. Its only 90 miles from Charlotte and 165 to my old stomping grounds at Ft. Bragg, NC. Pretty descent location actually.

My main concern is finding a house in a good neighborhood, good school district. I report there in July so I've got some time to figure things out I guess. I've got a couple of Army buddies that used to be stationed there as well, so I will be hitting them up as well and hopefully they can give some good info...

I've been to Charleston and from what I've read online about Columbia, it's very similar minus the beaches.

Jason
  • Options
    Jason i lived in Rock Hill for a few years north of Columbia just south of Charlotte.

Its been a few years but i think from where i know you have lived in the past your in for a little life style change SC is night and day from where you lived in VA and i am sure Texas as well.

Good news housing is cheap,I would say 1 quarter the price or less then in NO.VA.
    THE SCHOOL THING IS A DIFFERANT STORY ,I am sure there are some ok schools but South Carolina and good schools are not two things often mention together.

Booming area Greenville about 60 miles west and the north area around Rock hill are exploding some of the fastest going areas any place

If you dont mind a little drive each day i mind consider Sumpter east of Columbia or Aiken sw of Columbia again its been a few years but i cant see that to much would have changed.

I lived right on Lake Wyle nice 4 bedroom house with a dock 3 acres of land and was far less then anything in the DC OR Baltimore area thats about a hr trip each way but traffic not like it is here all highway.

GL ON THE MOVE If yu want to have less packing i will take back all the Hof rookies you have haggled me out of over the years image

OK Jason real fast now say GO GAMECOKS image Speeling of sc team mascot error for psa
  • Options
    Art, thanks for the info. I'm going to look into to both of those...

I drove 30-45 minutes to work each day in DC, I drive 15-20 now in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. At my age, and gas guzzling SUV I think 30 minutes is about my max..lol

Sumter actually looks fairly close to Ft. Jackson where I will be working so it might work. Also have to think about job market for the wife and schools will be important. Based on what I've seen, SC seems pretty low on the national education totem pole, so I'll be looking for the best of the worst basically...lol

Jason
  • Options
    Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Do any of you guys know what 48 Leaf Sammy Baugh PSA 5 would go for?

Thanks,
    Doc
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 5 - Last 5 Sales Average Price: $300.60

Show: 2550100All

Date Auction Link Seller Buyer Bids Price Extra
    9/4/07 eBay Auction $381.99
    7/23/07 eBay Auction $329.00
    4/29/07 eBay $255.99
    2/14/07 eBay $256.00
    1/24/07 eBay $280.00

HERES VCP DOC
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Thanks Jay
  • Options
    2 recent wins. These along w/ my recent submission should bump me a place or two image

Tom Fears - finally!

Charley Taylor

Plus I picked up a nice Chris Hanburger rc for $10 dlvd.

Chris Hanburger

Thoughts? I think that the prices were reasonable....

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Nice cards Greg, I think you did well on all of them.
    Doc
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Well, just made a couple of the biggest additions EVER to my collection...

PSA 8 1933 Grange
    PSA 8 1950 Canadeo
    PSA 8 1965 Namath

The Namath 8 is one card I never thought I would own!! Couple these adds to my other recent ones:

PSA 8 1948 Bulldog Turner
    PSA ----8--- 1957 Ray Berry...Edit!!!!!!!
    and a few others..

And I wonder if this will push me to 7.80???? Will be adding to my set in the next couple of days..(mailman has to deliver first you know..lol)

Many thanks to all who have helped me along the way. These latest additions came from Rick Snyder at Mint State...If you haven't seen his site in the past couple of days, he's offering what is probably one of the largest selections of HOF RCs I've ever seen made availble at any given time...You could probably jump from 0% into the top 10 on the set if you had the money to buy them all!!!lol

Great prices too, looks like he's sold ALOT of them already...Here's a link for anyone in the market:

Mint State inc.

Jason

Edited to add..Thats PSA 8 Berry, not PSA 9..Jeez, don't I wish...lol
  • Options
    Great Job Jason. You have picked up some monster cards recently (beat me to the Canadeo, but at least I had a great steak dinner last night)image
    Congrats!!
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Jason,

How much was the Canadeo if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
    Chad
  • Options

<< <i>Well, just made a couple of the biggest additions EVER to my collection...

PSA 8 1933 Grange
    PSA 8 1950 Canadeo
    PSA 8 1965 Namath

The Namath 8 is one card I never thought I would own!! Couple these adds to my other recent ones:

PSA 8 1948 Bulldog Turner
    PSA 9 1957 Ray Berry
    and a few others..

And I wonder if this will push me to 7.80???? Will be adding to my set in the next couple of days..(mailman has to deliver first you know..lol)

Many thanks to all who have helped me along the way. These latest additions came from Rick Snyder at Mint State...If you haven't seen his site in the past couple of days, he's offering what is probably one of the largest selections of HOF RCs I've ever seen made availble at any given time...You could probably jump from 0% into the top 10 on the set if you had the money to buy them all!!!lol

Great prices too, looks like he's sold ALOT of them already...Here's a link for anyone in the market:

Mint State inc.

Jason >>

Jason,

Great additions!! I see that Rick has your Hickerson and Ham rookies...lol. Nice job! I have my eye on a beautiful raw Namath rc that would grade out a solid 7 - now all I need is the $1500 that the seller is asking (which is reasonable).

Can't wait to see the scans.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Jason,

Did you rob Fort Knox to pay for those!

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    How much was the Canadeo if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm curious too. You can PM me.
  • Options
    Jason --

You got a Berry 9?

Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options

<< <i>Jason --

You got a Berry 9? >>

PSA EIGHT....lolol

Mis-typed that one..The others are correct though!

Sorry, guys I don't disclose private deals, but got the Canadeo in combo with the Namath and Grange. It wasn't a one-for-one purchase...

Greg, yes I cracked open the vault here at home for this one..lol
  • Options
    Great pickups. A Namath 8 is a card a lot of us can only dream about.

Quick question guys - does the day a submission is logged in count as one of the days for guaranteed turnaround times? Or does it start the day after.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Jason! Can't wait to see some scans..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Fantastic additions Jason! Some great cards for sure. I love the 50 bowmans in PSA 8, I just can't afford most of them. Gotta love the Namath and Grange too. Congrats.
  • Options
    Hi all,

I noticed that Jon added a `72 Rayfield Wright PSA 10 to his set. Any news where that came from? Wow, what a nice card! image

Regards,
    Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, I just got back a 1974 John Hannah from Psa. I thought it had a geat shot at a 9, But it came back an 8. If anyone is interested in it let me know.
    What are these going for now anyway ?

• Options
    Very nice Hannah 8. I think they go for $40 - $50.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

tennesseebanker - great looking Hannah!

Top to bottom centering only thing holding it back from a 9 ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I won a HOF rookie that I bet most of you have never seen. I have only seen one other and it was a terrible PSA 1 MK. I already have the "non-georgous" version in PSA 6 but wanted to add this one. I know the pop report is wrong because Ive seen several mislabeled as Georgous on front. Here is the new one with my other for comparison.

imageimage

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i have seen those many times before. the box with the red X seems to be the most popular card on these boards!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Your too quick...You need to give me time to fix it!! image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    its all about timing!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Sorry i know it not the buy and sell board but not really actively trying to sell these but if any of you guys need them drop me a email at jelly_man@msn.com

HAVE THE FOLLOWING IF THEY CAN HELP ANYONE

48 Leaf McAFEE PSA 6
    48 Leaf Dudley PSA 6
    50 Lavelli PSA 7
    51 Creekmur PSA 7
    63 Buonicinti PSA 6
    64 Davis PSA 8
    65 BLIT PSA 7
    70 Barney PSA 8
    72 RIGGO PSA 8
    75 Fouts PSA 8
    76 White PSA 8
    77 Haines PSA 8
    78 Dorsett PSA 8
    89 Matthews @ Thomas PSA 9
  • Options
    And the new head coach of the Atlanta Falcons is...

The Falcons promoted defensive backs coach Emmitt Thomas to interim head coach.

Thomas, a former defensive back with the Chiefs, has never been a head coach before. He was with the Falcons before Petrino joined the team, though, which could have been a factor in why an incensed Arthur Blank gave him the job. The decision will be officially announced at a press conference this afternoon.
  • Options
    My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really."

Andy, was that from Austin Powers??
  • Options
    Sure was Frank. That's where my user name/e-mail address comes from too - "I'll shag ya rottin baby yeah!" I figured I needed a sig line that's a little more fun than a boring ol list of board references. When I updated my profile my Barry Sanders icon disappeared though! I can't find it or figure out how to upload a new one. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    Speaking of Emmitt Thomas, I must admit I did not know that he's been the Falcons' secondary coach since 2002. Now since we all know that politics does come into play in something as subjective as HOF voting, I'm wondering...Might the NFL make a push with the voters to make sure Emmitt Thomas gets elected to the HOF in order to bring some positivity to the Falcons' organization? I dunno. Maybe Emmitt Thomas is not associated with the Falcons closely enough. Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. But it does make me think. Hmmm.