Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The voters do stupid things for pass rushers coughcoughFredDeancoughcough. That's why I think Doleman goes in over Kennedy this year.

BTW, Satch Sanders just got selected for the Basketball HOF as a contributor.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The voters do stupid things for pass rushers coughcoughFredDeancoughcough. That's why I think Doleman goes in over Kennedy this year.

BTW, Satch Sanders just got selected for the Basketball HOF as a contributor.

Nick >>

Haley has been ahead of Doleman in the voting, so I would think if they go pass rusher, it will be Haley over Doleman and Greene. But you never know, stranger things have happened.

Kennedy made the cutdown to ten the past 2 years (along with Reed and Dawson). The only player in the past 10 years to make the cut to ten 3 straight years and NOT get elected to the HOF that 3rd year was Richard Dent. So this year you have Kennedy, Reed and Dawson all in that boat...What are the odds that all 3 of these guys 1-Dont make the cut from 15-10, 2-Don't get elected in they get to the final 10...I'd say it is almost 100% that at least 2 of these 3 players (especially with a weak first ballot class) make the cut to 10, and when they do, odds are they will also make the cut to 5 and get elected. Going to be an interesting year. We may end up with ZERO 1st ballot guys for the first time since 1996! Parcells and Shields are far from 1st ballot locks.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    My math wasn't so good. But, this group is a bunch of guys that should eventually get in. I'm still trying to figure out how At-water keeps dropping.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

<< <i>My math wasn't so good. But, this group is a bunch of guys that should eventually get in. I'm still trying to figure out how At-water keeps dropping. >>

Actually, At-water moved up the ladder this year. This was the first time he has ever made the top 25 semifinalists.

The negatives against At-water:

1- He's a safety. Much like Offensive Guard simply doesn't get much respect because the common belief (and usually rightly so), is that the guys who aren't big enough to play LB or fast enough to play CB get stuck at Safety. And lineman who aren't big or quick enough to play Tackle or smart enough to play Center get stuck at Guard. It's why both positions are so under-represented in the HOF. Which i disagree with BTW. If you are dominant at your position, you are dominant at your position.

2- At-water was often a liability in coverage. When I say often, I mean he was very slow for a Safety.

3- He played at a time when the position in the AFC was considered weak. Which maybe takes away from his 8 Pro Bowls, especially considering he was a 1st Team All-Pro only twice. Darren Woodson (3 times), and LeRoy Butler (4 times) were chosen over him more often during his career, where they played in a stronger NFC. They had fewer PB's however because those 2 were in competition with each other for PB spots.

At-water is a borderline candidate, and more than likely will never get in. Considering John Lynch enters the pool of candidates next year. The good news for At-water is that he seems to be ahead of both Butler and Woodson in the current voting. Give it another 10 years or so and maybe he slips in during one of his final years as a candidate. But certainly don't bet on it. Ed Reed or Polamalu are likely the next 2 Safeties that will go in as modern candidates. Both still playing, so obviously gonna be awhile..

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    You guys made me just upgrade my Curtis Martin from my lowly 8.

I am really hoping Will Shields get in, of course since I am a Chiefs fan. Shields use to come down here to Wichita every year for our annual Firefighters vs the Chiefs Basketball game, and is a pretty cool guy.

I am sure Kennedy will likely get the honor instead since he is the only one on every's list of modern I am missing. image

Any AP PSA 9's for sale?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Not sure why, but I have a feeling we just saw Tony Gonzalez and Hines Ward play their last game in the NFL.....

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Dave, Gonzalez has said he's going to play one more year. I think he's already signed on for it. I haven't heard anything on Ward, but based on what a non-factor he's become with all those studly young receivers in Pittsburgh, it wouldn't surprise me to see him retire.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    Ah.... I hadn't heard that. Hope he can stay productive in his last year.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Gonzalez signed another year a week+ ago. That should help me reach 100 Gonzalez 1/1's by this time next year.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

<< <i>Report: Hines Ward will retire

One out of 2 >>

Will be interesting to see how long it takes him to make the HOF. Gotta figure the Steelers team that went to 3 Super Bowls from 2006-2011 will be represented in the HOF. Realistic possibilities?

Troy Polamalu
    Ben Rothlisberger
    Hines Ward
    James Harrison

Ward is certainly not a lock, but I would rank them as they are above in HOF probability. I'd say he's got about a 40% chance at getting in. Decent numbers and good resume, especially with Super Bowl MVP. But was he really dominant as a WR? Debatable. Also possible you could count the 2 guys below as Super Bowl Steelers from this era, even though they didn;t play in all 3. Both of these guys are HOF locks.

Jerome Bettis (only played in 1 of the 3)
    Alan Faneca (only played in 1 of the 3)

Jason
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    My gut says Stanfel doesn't get in...

With the volume of WR's coming up in the next few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to clear some room this year.

Not my choices, but I'm thinking the voters will select:

Jack Butler - Senior Selection
    Cris Carter
    Curtis Martin
    Andre Reed
    Willie Roaf
    Will Shields

Shields gets the "extra" lineman selection with Stanfel being passed over (shades of Marshall Goldberg without the political overtones) while Carter and Reed get the nod over Haley and Parcells who will both make it next year.
    Me and my PSA 9 '55 Stanfel hope you're wrong Scott.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>My gut says Stanfel doesn't get in...

With the volume of WR's coming up in the next few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to clear some room this year.

Not my choices, but I'm thinking the voters will select:

Jack Butler - Senior Selection
    Cris Carter
    Curtis Martin
    Andre Reed
    Willie Roaf
    Will Shields

Shields gets the "extra" lineman selection with Stanfel being passed over (shades of Marshall Goldberg without the political overtones) while Carter and Reed get the nod over Haley and Parcells who will both make it next year. >>

Interesting class....The voters will certainly need to buck some trends to make this a reality..The top one would be this class having zero modern defensive players...The second would be two offensive lineman. Third would be two WRs...Lastly, would be a 1st Ballot OG. All 4 of these issues being fairly rare over the past decade, but sure would raise some eyebrows for me, and I mean that in a good way..lol

Also, they vote for the Senior candidates induction prior to cutting the modern candidates to 10 and then to 5. To my knowledge (and based on the classes the past decade) I do not believe that they compare the modern and senior guys as far as offensive/defensive, positions, teams, etc...They most certainly do amongst modern candidates.

Which upcoming WRs do you see nudging their way into the Reed/Carter/Brown class of WR's on the ballot? Harrison in 2014 will get a ton of votes..Moss and T.O. in 2016...Bruce and Holt will be marginal and will no way leapfrog or jumble any of the guys I list above. Clearly a cut below. Unless I am missing someone...I do think they will get one in this year, which Reed has been the lead vote getter of the 3 the last two votes...And then a WR every year the next 3...Carter, Harrison, then Brown in 2015...My prediction.

Jason
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting class....The voters will certainly need to buck some trends to make this a reality..The top one would be this class having zero modern defensive players...The second would be two offensive lineman. Third would be two WRs...Lastly, would be a 1st Ballot OG. All 4 of these issues being fairly rare over the past decade, but sure would raise some eyebrows for me, and I mean that in a good way..lol

Also, they vote for the Senior candidates induction prior to cutting the modern candidates to 10 and then to 5. To my knowledge (and based on the classes the past decade) I do not believe that they compare the modern and senior guys as far as offensive/defensive, positions, teams, etc...They most certainly do amongst modern candidates.

Which upcoming WRs do you see nudging their way into the Reed/Carter/Brown class of WR's on the ballot? Harrison in 2014 will get a ton of votes..Moss and T.O. in 2016...Bruce and Holt will be marginal and will no way leapfrog or jumble any of the guys I list above. Clearly a cut below. Unless I am missing someone...I do think they will get one in this year, which Reed has been the lead vote getter of the 3 the last two votes...And then a WR every year the next 3...Carter, Harrison, then Brown in 2015...My prediction.

Jason >>

Interesting class and in my opinion, the right class to elect this year. Will they do it? Doubtful for the reasons that you've noted.

I see Harrison and Holt being ahead of Brown and Carter

We'll see in a few weeks...and years.
  • Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    I just learned an odd bit of trivia today about Bronko Nagurski that some of you may already know. His real first name is Bronislaw. I'm not sure what the story is behind the Bronko nickname?

Doc

<< <i>

<< <i>

I see Harrison and Holt being ahead of Brown and Carter

We'll see in a few weeks...and years. >>

Agree, Harrison likely moves ahead of both if by chance they are still on the ballot when Harrison comes eligible. Holt however, I don't think so. His numbers aren't quite where Carter and Brown are, plus Holt had what would be considered a very "quiet" career. He will certainly be in the HOF mix (along with Isaac Bruce), but I don't think either Holt or Bruce of them make the Finals in their first year like Carter and Brown did. Maybe top 25 semifinals in first year, and move up from there over the next 5-10 years. I wouldn't call either a lock for the HOF. But are about 60-70% odds IMO.

Jason
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    James Harrison is not a future HOFer

<< <i>James Harrison is not a future HOFer >>

Unless I am missing something, the Harrison we were discussing was WR Marvin Harrison.

But I agree with your statement. lol

Jason
  • Unless I am missing something, the Harrison we were discussing was WR Marvin Harrison.

I think he was referring to your earlier Steeler HOF possibility post. But I agree also, James Harrison doesn't have a chance.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭
    yes he has no chance....unless there is a HOF of cheap hits started.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

• << <i>yes he has no chance....unless there is a HOF of cheap hits started. >>

He would be a Charter member, and get in with a Unanimous "YES" vote.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

<< <i>Unless I am missing something, the Harrison we were discussing was WR Marvin Harrison.

I think he was referring to your earlier Steeler HOF possibility post. But I agree also, James Harrison doesn't have a chance. >>

Correct, I was referring to the listing of Steelers players.
    Marvin Harrison is a HOFer.
  • GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭

<< <i>I just learned an odd bit of trivia today about Bronko Nagurski that some of you may already know. His real first name is Bronislaw. I'm not sure what the story is behind the Bronko nickname?

Doc >>

I read a long time back he had a new teacher in grade school who couldn't pronounce Bronislaw so he/she just called him Bronko jokingly and the name stuck from there. He had it changed legally later on.
    Nathan Wagner
    Terrell Owens has agreed to play for/co-own a team in the IFL. Does this push back his eligibility for the HOF since this is still a pro league? My guess is yes. I know that when players leave the NHL to play hockey professionally in Europe at the end of their careers that their HOF eligibility is pushed back.

T.O.

<< <i>Terrell Owens has agreed to play for/co-own a team in the IFL. Does this push back his eligibility for the HOF since this is still a pro league? My guess is yes. I know that when players leave the NHL to play hockey professionally in Europe at the end of their careers that their HOF eligibility is pushed back.

T.O. >>

This will be the first case for an NFL player (HOF candidate) doing this so it will likely set the precedent. I agree, I think it will. Although tough to call Arena Football a pro league...lol

I think because of who it is, if there is a way for the NFL to delay the voting for his HOF election, they will do it. It is going to be a polarizing issue no doubt. You either love him(think he is a first ballot guy) or hate him (think he doesn't belong due to all the negatives that come with him).

Jason
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If Owens gets delayed, does the same happen to Randy Moss?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

<< <i>If Owens gets delayed, does the same happen to Randy Moss?

Nick >>

Only if Moss signs on to play an Arena League Team..Which he never would...

Jason
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2011 AP All-Pro Votes released today:

OFFENSE
    Quarterback

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay, 47 1-2; Drew Brees, New Orleans, 2 1-2.

x-Running Backs

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, 40; LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia, 29; Ray Rice, Baltimore, 24;

Arian Foster, Houston, 3; Frank Gore, San Francisco, 1; Matt Forte, Chicago, 1; Darren Sproles, New Orleans, 1.

Fullback

Vonta Leach, Baltimore, 42; John Kuhn, Green Bay, 6; Marcel Reece, Oakland, 2.

Tight End

Rob Gronkowski, New England, 44 1-2; Jimmy Graham, New Orleans, 5 1-2.

Wide Receivers

Calvin Johnson, Detroit, 49; Wes Welker, New England, 23; Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona, 15; Victor Cruz, New York Giants, 9; Steve Smith, Carolina, 2; Jordy Nelson, Green Bay, 1; Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh, 1.

Tackles

Jason Peters, Philadelphia, 27; Joe Thomas, Cleveland, 19; Duane Brown, Houston, 11; Joe Staley, San Francisco, 11; Eric Winston, Houston, 10; Jake Long, Miami, 5; Jermon Bushrod, New Orleans, 3; Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati, 3; Bryan Bulaga, Green Bay, 3; Michael Oher, Baltimore, 2; Jared Veldheer, Oakland, 2; Tyron Smith, Dallas, 1; Anthony Davis, San Francisco, 1; Jordan Gross, Carolina, 1; Michael Roos, Tennessee, 1.

Guards

Jahri Evans, New Orleans, 29; Carl Nicks, New Orleans, 27; Marshal Yanda, Baltimore, 17; Logan Mankins, New England, 10; Brian Waters, New England, 5; Chris Kuper, Denver, 4; Davin Joseph, Tampa Bay, 3; Chris Snee, New York Giants, 2; Evan Mathis, Philadelphia, 2; Mike Iupati, San Francisco, 1.

Center

Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh, 13; Ryan Kalil, Carolina, 11; Nick Mangold, New York Jets, 11; Chris Myers, Houston, 7; Scott Wells, Green Bay, 7; John Sullivan, Minnesota, 1.

Placekicker

David Akers, San Francisco, 32; Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland, 14; Rob Bironas, Tennessee, 1; Matt Bryant, Atlanta, 1; Matt Prater, Denver, 1; Josh Scobee, Jacksonville, 1.

Kick Returner

Patrick Peterson, Arizona, 33; Devin Hester, Chicago, 10; Darren Sproles, New Orleans, 3; Ted Ginn Jr., San Francisco, 2; Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh, 1; Joe McKnight, New York Jets, 1.

___

DEFENSE
    Ends

Jared Allen, Minnesota, 49; Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants, 34; Justin Smith, San Francisco, 9; Jason Babin, Philadelphia, 7; Elvis Dumervil, Denver, 1.

Tackles

Haloti Ngata, Baltimore, 38; Justin Smith, San Francisco, 35; Geno Atkins, Cincinnati, 9; Richard Seymour, Oakland, 5; Vince Wilfork, New England, 5; B.J. Raji, Green Bay, 1; Calais Campbell, Arizona, 1; Henry Melton, Chicago, 1; Mike Patterson, Philadelphia, 1; Sione Pouha, New York Jets, 1; Jay Ratliff, Dallas, 1; Ndamukong Suh, Detroit, 1; J.J. Watt, Houston, 1.

Outside Linebackers

Terrell Suggs, Baltimore, 47; DeMarcus Ware, Dallas, 42; Tamba Hali, Kansas City, 4; Von Miller, Denver, 4; Clay Matthews, Green Bay, 2; Sean Weatherspoon, Atlanta, 1.

Inside Linebacker

Patrick Willis, San Francisco, 32; NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco, 16; Derrick Johnson, Kansas City, 16; Brian Cushing, Houston, 13; London Fletcher, Washington, 8; Ray Lewis, Baltimore, 3; Brian Urlacher, Chicago, 3; Daryl Washington, Arizona, 3; Lance Briggs, Chicago, 2; D'Qwell Jackson, Cleveland, 2; DeMeco Ryans, Houston, 1; Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh, 1;

Cornerbacks

Darrelle Revis, NY Jets, 48; Charles Woodson, Green Bay, 19; Johnathan Joseph, Houston, 18; Carlos Rogers, San Francisco, 10; Champ Bailey, Denver, 3; Brandon Flowers, Kansas City, 1; Charles Tillman, Chicago, 1.

Safeties

Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh, 29; Eric Weddle, San Diego, 20; Ed Reed, Baltimore, 17; Earl Thomas, Seattle, 16; Kam Chancellor, Seattle, 5; Adrian Wilson, Arizona, 4; Dashon Goldson, San Francisco, 3; Jairus Byrd, Buffalo, 2; Bernard Pollard, Baltimore, 2; Roman Harper, New Orleans, 1; Tyvon Branch, Oakland, 1.

Punter

Andy Lee, San Francisco, 29; Shane Lechler, Oakland, 20; Britton Colquitt, Denver, 1.

___

x-one voter selected only one running back.

Some thoughts here as it relates to the HOF and future HOFer sets.

OT Joe Thomas raises his profile to 5 Pro Bowls, 3 First Team All-Pro. Still a tad early in his career, but starting to get close. Needs another 2 years with at least 1 more Pro Bowl/All-Pro year.
    DE Jared Allen is now 4 Pro Bowls, 4 All-Pros (every active player with 4+ All-Pro selections is already part of the Future HOF set- Modern)
    LB DeMarcus Ware jumps to a 6 PB, 4 AP guy, and increases his future HOF odds greatly
    LB Patrick Willis ALREADY a 5 PB, 4 All-Pro...Only problem is that he has only played 76 NFL games. EXTREMELY rare for post-war players to make the HOF with less than 100 games played. Only 5 years in league, IMO hasn't played long enough (need a couple more years) to warrant HOF consideration. But he already has the resume.
    CB Darrelle Revis is up to 4 PB, 3 All-Pro in 5 seasons..Not quite there, like Willis only played in 77 games..But certainly looks to be headed that way.
    CB Charles Woodson now an 8 PB, 3 AP. Add in the Super Bowl ring and DPOY and he's all but a HOF lock at this point. Approaching first ballot status.
    S Troy Polamalu was selected as well, raising his profile to 7 PB, 4 AP. He was already a HOF lock with his Super Bowl titles, but we may finally have a Safety who won;t have a problem getting into the HOF. Also approaching first ballot status. >>

Since the Pro Bowl rosters and All Pros have been announced will we be doing voting for the future HOF'er set?

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.

<< <i>TextSince the Pro Bowl rosters and All Pros have been announced will we be doing voting for the future HOF'er set? >>

Start a poll here and let's get it going.

• << <i>If Owens gets delayed, does the same happen to Randy Moss?

Nick >>

I know I am probably in the VAST minority here, BUT, I don't think either one are automatic, first ballot Hall of Famers. I believe I am correct here, and if I'm not, someone fill me in, but I believe that there are 44 voters, and you need 38 YES votes to be elected. I am just of the opinion, that with all of the baggage that those two have, that it is not out of the realm of possibility that there could be a mere seven voters that vote NO on the ballot. And that is assuming that they make it all the way down to the final five to begin with. Just look at Paul Tagliabue, when the writers get a chance to "teach someone a lesson" they can, and will, take full advantage.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Rocke, I agree---2 selfish head cases! Football is a team game.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭
    +2 to above
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

<< <i>

<< <i>If Owens gets delayed, does the same happen to Randy Moss?

Nick >>

I know I am probably in the VAST minority here, BUT, I don't think either one are automatic, first ballot Hall of Famers. I believe I am correct here, and if I'm not, someone fill me in, but I believe that there are 44 voters, and you need 38 YES votes to be elected. I am just of the opinion, that with all of the baggage that those two have, that it is not out of the realm of possibility that there could be a mere seven voters that vote NO on the ballot. And that is assuming that they make it all the way down to the final five to begin with. Just look at Paul Tagliabue, when the writers get a chance to "teach someone a lesson" they can, and will, take full advantage. >>

Totally agree. In fact, I am willing to say I guarantee neither will be a first ballot HOFer. They are both going to have a nice long wait due to the negatives they bring to the table. Rightly or wrongly, its a media vote, the writing is on the wall.

Jason
    Future HOF'er Poll:

OT Joe Thomas: 5 Pro Bowls, 3 x All Pro
    DE Jared Allen: 4 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro, 105 Sacks
    LB DeMarcus Ware: 6 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro, 99.5 Sacks
    LB Patrick Willis: 5 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro
    CB Darrelle Revis: 4 Pro Bowls, 3 All Pros

Probably too early for Thomas, Willis, and Revis but other than Allen and Ware I wasn't sure who else to list.

defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
    My votes will be for DeMarcus Ware and Reggie Wayne (despite the fact that he had an awful year without Peyton at the helm).
    I'd vote for Ware and Allen. The others have all played under 100 career games and if I'm not mistaken the only modern HOFer with fewer than 100 games played is Gale Sayers. So I'd need to see those 100 career games under their belt before considering them HOFers.

Jason
    Seeing those sack totals reminds me. Hearing multiple voters are pushing Haley this year. I guess the run on pass rushers isn't over. If he makes it in I'm not sure who's place he takes. Both he and Kennedy could go in bumping one of the offensive guys. Would be terrible if it is WR again. I think Dawson is the closest to a lock based on last years votes. And I haven't been able to gauge Parcells candidacy. It's just hard to tell how non-players will be compared to players. I'm not sure enough of the voters are convinced Parcells is all the way retired.

Going to be an interesting class. We may have zero first ballot guys.

Jason
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Future HOF'er Poll:

OT Joe Thomas: 5 Pro Bowls, 3 x All Pro
    DE Jared Allen: 4 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro, 105 Sacks
    LB DeMarcus Ware: 6 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro, 99.5 Sacks
    LB Patrick Willis: 5 Pro Bowls, 4 x All Pro
    CB Darrelle Revis: 4 Pro Bowls, 3 All Pros

Probably too early for Thomas, Willis, and Revis but other than Allen and Ware I wasn't sure who else to list. >>

yes to Ware and Allen.

No to the others for now.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    yes to Ware and Allen.

No to the others for now.
  • Ware and Allen.
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them-Adlai Stevenson
    Regarding Owens, I just read and article about him in this month's GQ Magizine. Great article by the way. I used to really not like the guy but after reading the article now I just feel sorry for him. What a sad case.

Doc

<< <i>Regarding Owens, I just read and article about him in this month's GQ Magizine. Great article by the way. I used to really not like the guy but after reading the article now I just feel sorry for him. What a sad case.

Doc >>

Saddest part is he brought it all on himself. A shame really.

Jason
    I totally agree.
  • TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    I know that its way early yet, but.....Any thoughts on Justin Tuck?
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think 6 is the magic number again this year?

Here's who I think will get in:

Jerome Bettis
    Cris Carter
    Dermontti Dawson
    Curtis Martin
    Charles Haley
    Jack Butler

I'm a true homer thinking 3 Steelers will make the "Hall" this year.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

<< <i>Do you think 6 is the magic number again this year?

Here's who I think will get in:

Jerome Bettis
    Cris Carter
    Dermontti Dawson
    Curtis Martin
    Charles Haley
    Jack Butler

I'm a true homer thinking 3 Steelers will make the "Hall" this year. >>

100,000 to 1 that three Steelers go in same year. Look through previous HoF classes and count how many times a franchise put in three at one time. Good chance at 2 though.

I think we will have 7. Butler and Stanfel are both very good Senior candidates. Both were dominant players in the same era. If we don't get 2 we might get none. I'd be surprised if they chose one of the other. Especially if it was a 3rd Steeler vs. a 1st Lion. The players are just too similar in their resumes.
    Looks like someone requested Donnie Shell be added to the HOF-Modern set. I am assuming this was a mistake, as Shell is not among the list of 15 modern finalists, and this was his final year as a modern candidate. He will now only be considered as a SENIOR candidate. I let Gayle know that Shell is no longer eligible for the Modern set, hopefully she will make the fix.

I wouldn't have voted for his addition to the modern set even if he were still eligible. He's more of a longshot candidate and would not fit the modern set IMO. I think he is worthy of addition to the Senior set, being a previous Finalist.

Jason

<< <i>A fellow registry member has made a request for the following addition to the Football Future HOF Rookie Players - Modern set.

1979 Topps Donnie Shell. >>

LOL...who did it?

Edited.....you beat me to it Jason

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
    Current Votes:

Ware: 5
    Allen: 4
    Wayne: 1