Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Ugh - still no Guy - the show said he was the #1 fan choice. Was hoping Branch might have a shot but just too many WRs. Coryell was a good call and boy Tags left quite a legacy evidently.

• << <i>Just noticed a PSA 8 Dutch clark hit ebay.....

But boy, take a look at the right edge. If I didnt know better, i'd think there was a rubberband mark on the right edge. Did PSA miss this one??

Link >>

Dave - good eye, batter.

I was surprised to find that the 1935 National Chicle #1 Dutch Clark card is as high as a POP 18. It's hard for me to believe that there are that many examples of the first card of the first nationally distributed football set. I wonder if there's significant "population inflation" from crack-and-resubmitters that never sent in their flip to have PSA deduct it from the Population Report. Either way, that Dutch is a great-looking card; probably one of the Top 10% in this set for eye appeal. You sure don't see PSA 8s for sale very often.

Depicted below is my sole grade bump from 17 cards on my latest review submission. I bought this Nevers as a PSA 8 on eBay in five months ago - it's a POP 3, 12 higher. There was plenty of competition for the card because it looked like a strong '8'.

Selling my Jim Brown RC PSA 9 (which was tough and I only did it because I was offered considerably more than paid + 2 other good reasons) coupled with the absence of a highly successful review has kept me with the 19th rank for the set. However, I hope that new purchases like the Doak Walker 8 and some pending buys settle me in at 18th or better by the end of the month. -Keith

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I bet that Coryell gets elected this year. He seems to have a lot of momentum and is the only non-player in the finalist pool. My guess:

Rice
    Smith
    Little
    LeBeau
    Coryell
    Carter
    Dent

Just my 1 1/2 cents.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    My guesses for Class of 2010:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Shannon Sharpe
    Dick LeBeau

Of the longshots, Rickey Jackson seems to be the hot name. If the Saints make the big dance, lock it in.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I'll guess
    Rice
    Smith
    Grimm
    Haley
    Sharpe
    LeBeau

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • I would like to introduce to everyone, my new signature line courtesy of the NFC west champions, Arizona Cardinals. I would have posted earlier, but the winner of this years sig line bet was a bit tardy attending THE best playoff game in NFL history. I would like to follow this up with a scan as well of what I honestly consider to be the best WR in the NFL right now

Congrats Jasen, the pendulum has officially swung the other way!
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Sorry...OT...Joe...The Browns now have Holmgren running things...is that good or bad?

Fletch
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • OT.. Seahawks now have the USC guru running the show.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------

• << <i>OT.. Seahawks now have the USC guru running the show. >>

Id take Holmgren back in a heartbeat though. Your lucky to have him Fletch good luck next year

Carroll?!? I was hoping they would let Mora go, but I really had my fingers crossed for Gruden or Cowher, two of the best jaw jutting, spittle flying coaches out there. Yet we get Pete, fleeing from a USC program about to be disgraced..... Oh well, sig line bet next year Jasen? image
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    With Charles Woodson getting Defensive Player of the year does that lock him in now?

75% of the world is covered by water, the rest is covered by Charles Woodson

<< <i>With Charles Woodson getting Defensive Player of the year does that lock him in now?

75% of the world is covered by water, the rest is covered by Charles Woodson >>

Plus this additional Pro Bowl and soon to first team All-Pro along with Revis at CB..IMO, yes.

Just waiting on the All-Pro selections to be announced and then it will be time for us to vote for the Future HOF- Modern set additions for this year. Most certainly Woodson will be getting my vote.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    What's Woodson's RC?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
    never mind....I found it..

98 SPA

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad Woodson's defensive unit laid such an egg against Arizona. Not a great way for the defensive player of the year to end a season. That said, yes, I think he is HOF bound.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Don't forget the Cards have a couple of Future HOFers on the offensive side of the ball in Warner and Fitzgerald too. Warner was just unbelievable, which is par for the course for him in the postseason. I believe he is now 10-3 all-time in the playoffs, pretty good record. If you ask me this year's NFC playoffs are the most exciting that I can ever remember, with at least 5 of the 6 teams having a really legit shot to reach the SB when it all started (Philly could have gotten hot too, but just really fell flat). The Cards' path would include Rogers, Brees and Favre or Romo, pretty unbelievable the QB's that we get to watch this year. I'd be surprised if the AFC didn't come down to Colts-Chargers, but to me the NFC is wide open. Only 3 more weekends of NFL this season, so sad it's almost over already.....

Jasen
  • I am on a business trip in Seattle this week and on my free time I checked out a couple of area card shops. Not much in the way of vintage football in decent condition. I did see a really cool cello pack at one of the shops. It was a PSA 7 1981 Topps cello with a Montana rookie on the front and back of the pack. The sign next to the pack said it is the only cello with a Montana RC on front and back. Pretty cool I thought.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher

• << <i>I am on a business trip in Seattle this week and on my free time I checked out a couple of area card shops. Not much in the way of vintage football in decent condition. I did see a really cool cello pack at one of the shops. It was a PSA 7 1981 Topps cello with a Montana rookie on the front and back of the pack. The sign next to the pack said it is the only cello with a Montana RC on front and back. Pretty cool I thought. >>

Squires keeps those Seattle dealers under his thumb pretty good, you won't find much up there. Pretty cool find on the Montana cello....what was the price on it?

Jasen
  • It wasn't for sale. The only place that had any vintage football worth looking at was actually at Pikes Market. I wasn't even expecting to see a shop there. Once I did all my site seeing time got cut down b/c I have priorities. Unfortunately the prices were ridiculous.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher

• << <i>

Squires keeps those Seattle dealers under his thumb pretty good, you won't find much up there. Jasen >>

LOL, nice Jasen. Miller is from Seattle, and Morty lives up there too, Im pretty sure they're responsible for the fleecing of all local shops, not me!

Vince, Ive never heard of (tracked) a cello with Montanas on both sides, I just checked my spreadsheet. I know a Jan Stenerud card showing on an 81 cello has a Montana inside image

Some good good foose-ball this weekend. Im picking Indy and Diego for the AFC championship, Minne and NO for the NFC. Sorry about AZ Jasen, but I gotta get rid of this sig line early this year
    Hey guys, had the pleasure of talking HOF with one of my HOF voter acquaintances this evening..As always, I've come to fill you in on the latest and greatest with the vote just 2 weeks away...Please keep in mind, I did not record the conversation, so I'm not quoting anyone. When I've posted this info here in past years, I've been fairly accurate, so I definitely trust the source. But this is from just one guy (although yes the voters do discuss candidates prior to the meeting). Anyway, off we go...

Rice and Emmitt are not the only locks this year...RICHARD DENT. Write it down, he's going in. Or at a minimum, will be among the final 5 modern candidates and will only need 80% yes votes.

After that, it could get real interesting...Here are the possibilities...

If an O-Lineman is picked it will be Russ Grimm. If they go with another offensive skill player its Carter or Sharpe or maybe even both! But the consensus seems to be that they are not going to put 4 modern offensive guys in this year. Which means that last spot more than likely will go to a defensive guy or Coryell. There has not been a big push for Coryell as they expected, and that may not bode very well for him. That leaves the remaining defensive players Randle, Kennedy, Jackson and Haley. Randle is still above Kennedy in the pecking order at DT, so that knocks Kennedy out. Jackson and Haley are getting discussed for the very first time and both have good cases. Sounded to me like neither has an advantage on the other, so 50/50. To summarize, your HOF class SHOULD end up coming down to these 9 modern candidates...

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Cris Carter
    Shannon Sharpe
    John Randle
    Rickey Jackson
    Charles Haley

Also, this guy thinks both LeBeau and Little have the votes this year. Based on the last couple of senior candidates though, along with the voters getting younger and younger, IMO Little just won't have the stats. But this voter says he thinks he will, in that all of the voter reps from AFL teams are pushing for him to get a yes vote. We shall see I guess.

I'm still sticking to my guns on my predictions:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Shannon Sharpe

But if I knew one of the other defensive guys was going to get a massive push (like Tippett a couple years back), I would likely replace Sharpe. I guess the outcome of the Saints/Vikings game could have a lot to do with it. Saints=Jackson push, Vikings=Randle push. Gotta remember these are media guys voting and they love a good story..lol

Jason

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Does anyone have any inside info on what is going to be available in Memory Lane's football-only auction? With bidding opening Friday, I'm a little surprised they don't have a preview available on the website.

Jasen

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!!! Some unbelievable things! Oh to be rich instead of good looking!
    PackManInNC
  • That is without a doubt the nicest offering of football Ive ever seen. i was hoping they would get a good offering to show how strong football is. Man, Im gonna have to start recycling some cans, there are alot of great cards in there... chicles, leafs, display box of 48 bowman! Man

I knew we could count on you, Dave! Wow, looks like the wife and I will be having a serious dicsussion....and I didn't get past the first page!

Jasen
  • I saw it yesterday and haven't really been the same since. I keep trying to think of sources of cash. Might take my unused guitar to the pawn shop for starters. Might go the aluminum can route as well.
  • macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    The Memory Lane Chicles are incredible. Never seen so man y great Chicles in one place B4. Lets put together a group of 10 and put up $25K ea. and buy that No. 2 set. Who's in?

The '55 AA's are a big disappointment. Only one 8.5 and several weak 8's. I am bummed. Tons of Bowman 9's, too. I know more than a few of you are drooling.

McBoob
  • 250 people with 1K each is more my speed image
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭
    250,000 people at $1 each is more my speed.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
    Personally, I'd have to find a few pristine unopened boxes of 1955 All-American's in order to drop 25K at once on anything..image

In seriousness, I'm happy to see so many big dollar cards all in one auction. Maybe the couple of little dogs I'm interested in will slip by on the cheap while the big money goes to the big money cards...I've won at least one card from the last 3 Memory Lane auctions, so maybe my luck will continue...lol

Jason
  • Great looking lot of cards, can't wait to start bidding.

Here's one card I won't be bidding on
    WTF

I think they forgot to put the OC on the label ?
  • Well, the offering of cards for Memory Lane's inaugural Football-Only auction is almost mind-boggling! I haven't even looked at everything yet. It's nice that the profile of football memorabilia has risen to the point where it has its own distinct auction.

Also, congrats to Tom H. (recbball) for moving up into 13th place by adding Dudley and Hirsch RCs. He also includes scans for every card! Check out his set.

Jasp, regarding your above post, that's pretty cool that you have the inside track on likely Hall Of Fame inductees' chances. I would really like to see the HOF address the potential for a more broad shift toward exclusivity and why a whopping six annual inductees have been the recent norm. The decades go by fast; we just completed one. So at this rate, no fewer than sixty new HOF busts are struck per decade! I think that each year should see 2-3 inductees:

In even numbered years: Two inductees - one offensive, one defensive.
    In odd numbered years: Three inductees - one offensive, one defensive, and one at-large slot which may be either offensive, defensive, special teams, coach, administrator, or contributor.
    Every six years: One senior candidate may fill the at-large slot.

This would bring a sense of wonderment back to being a HOFer, and help balance trends such as the recent one to induct more offensive players. Adopting a shift away from the ol' "If he's in, then he oughta be in too" inclusivity should be considered in order to strengthen the institution in my opinion.

"Keep It Exclusive. Keep It Special."

Here's a recent pickup I made:

<< <i>
    Jasp, regarding your above post, that's pretty cool that you have the inside track on likely Hall Of Fame inductees' chances. I would really like to see the HOF address the potential for a more broad shift toward exclusivity and why a whopping six annual inductees have been the recent norm. The decades go by fast; we just completed one. So at this rate, no fewer than sixty new HOF busts are struck per decade! I think that each year should see 2-3 inductees:

In even numbered years: Two inductees - one offensive, one defensive.
    In odd numbered years: Three inductees - one offensive, one defensive, and one at-large slot which may be either offensive, defensive, special teams, coach, administrator, or contributor.
    Every six years: One senior candidate may fill the at-large slot.

This would bring a sense of wonderment back to being a HOFer, and help balance trends such as the recent one to induct more offensive players. Adopting a shift away from the ol' "If he's in, then he oughta be in too" inclusivity should be considered in order to strengthen the institution in my opinion.

"Keep It Exclusive. Keep It Special."
    >>

Keith, very much like our own voting/polls we conduct here on the boards, the popular opinion on inclusive vs. exclusive is basically 50/50. You'd need at LEAST 80-90% of the committee interested in making it more exclusive and the younger the voting group gets each year, the less likely that will ever happen. Not to mention, these are media guys, and most of them want to be able to go back to their constituency (its very political unfortunately) being able to say they helped get someone from the home town team in the HOF.

The voter I am friends with is an old school guy. He's told me in the past, the only thing he cares about is putting guys in that HE BELIEVES are HOF quality, which he defines by what he saw with his own eyes on the field. He doesn't subscribe to the inclusive or exclusive and actually doesn't like the minimum/maximum numbers. Bascially, a HOFer is a HOFer is a HOFer. I think the problem is that you have voters in their 30's in the room now who never saw certain players play. Some are not even football beat writers IN THEIR OWN TOWN! I mean you or I are probably more qualified. They can be swayed easily by a good or bad presentation and many base their decision on what someone else tells them and not on their own opinions.

It is what it is...It's better than the baseball HOF process, but certainly far from perfect. Just like All Pro or MVP voting, it is a vote. Majority rules, and unfortunately more times than not, the majority is becoming dumber and dumber in this country.

Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? If you haven't, rent it. It's probably the most accurate representation of our future that I've seen in a movie..lol..And pretty funny too...

Great example in this quote from the movie:

"Pvt. Joe Bowers: I just need you to tell me how to get to the time machine.
    Frito: Oh, that's easy. You go down by the museum and stuff... It's like- it's, like, by the museum... Sorta by... Actually, not really. More like on the street, you go, um... Wait, let me start over. Okay, you know where the time machine is?"

Jason
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In even numbered years: Two inductees - one offensive, one defensive.
    Every six years: One senior candidate may fill the at-large slot. >>

That would mean that this year, either Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith wouldn't be inducted.

That would be a fun argument to watch.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • That would mean that this year, either Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith wouldn't be inducted. That would be a fun argument to watch.

Thanks for the comment. I agree that it would be a fun argument to watch and per the above, both would be inducted - just not right way, correct. It would probably be Rice this year and then in 2011 it would be Emmitt plus it could be a second offensive player. So how to validate both not being first-ballot inductees? Of course it's a rare confluence that both the All-Time Leading Receiver and All-Time Leading Rusher have gained eligibility at the same time - and also in an even year. In fact it is an anomaly that may never occur again.

Yes, Jason, I saw "Idiocracy" with Luke Wilson and have never seen another movie like it; good reference. The more one knows about the voting process and the lobbying, the more concerning.

One thing is for sure, Canton isn't about to be swayed by a 30-year-old vintage football memorabilia collector from Alaska. image Sculptors better have plenty of sharp chisels at the ready. If form follows that of the last few classes, it's a whopping sixty more busts just this next decade!

--------------------------------------------------

The past few weeks I have been to two of my friends' birthday parties that they hosted for their child. At one birthday party, the things the kid wanted most were Star Wars Legos and football cards. At the other, the thing that boy wanted most were Fatheads, football cards and video games.

So...what does this have to do with collecting the Football HOF RCs Registry Set? I like seeing kids still want this stuff. When adults go gaga over almost unprecedented offerings from a major auction house, it's nice to remember that there may be a market for this material in the very long term. In fact, when I hear today's kids talk about sports cards, football is almost the only sport that I hear them ask about. Before that last birthday party ended, I probably took as much pleasure watching 10-year-old Hunter put his new football cards in the plastic sleeves of his album than he did.

-Keith
  • I just received a new purchase for my Football HOF RCs set as depicted below. In fact, I bought the card a few weeks ago from the breakup of "Skinsfan's" former set. A PSA 8 might have suited me better. I settled for the '7' partly because in the past I've had such a hard time finding this card for my collection. If I didn't buy it, it looked like it was headed for Memory Lane's amazing "Big Game" Auction.

Since the Haitian earthquake, I decided to chill on the card buying. For me, I just can't keep watching the devastation on TV and justify buying things as needless as cards for myself. I figured if I can help the effort by directing what I would spend on just a few cards to Haiti, it will make a negligible difference in my life and potentially have a giant effect on several families. Then...the Big Game Auction came along! We'll see if I feel like I've helped out enough in order to get buying again before that terrific auction concludes.

BTW, for quite a while I've been trying to use my signature line image of that vintage football helmet as my new avatar. I never seem to be "at the ready" for these limited time periods for avatar upload.

• Hello Everyone,
    I just kind of stumbled onto this thread, read the last few pages, and thought that I would introduce myself. My name is Rocke Sweaney and I live in Canton, Ohio , about 5 minutes from The Hall of Fame. I have only previously posted on the Hall of Fame autograph registry page. I have a pretty good collection of Hall of Fame items, including every Hall of Fame Gameday program in Nr-Mt to Mt condition starting with the 1st game in 1962. Also, I assume that you all know about Goal Line Art cards. I own Gold set # 16 / 100 including all of the update sets. There are , at MOST, only 51 of the sets still intact. I have either PSA/DNA or JSA authenticated autographs of all but 4 Hall of Famers, including a few pretty special items. PLEASE accept my invitation to come to Canton to meet, and if your interested, I would Love to show my collection to you, the next ( or first ? ) time that you come to see The Hall of Fame.
    Take Care.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • In raising some cash for the Memory Lane auction, I'm offering my current HOF RCs for sale, with some exceptions. Here's a list, just PM or email jasen_cassady@yahoo.com for pricing (use VCP):

'33 Sport Kings Grange 8
    '48 Bowman Wojo 7
    '48 Bowman Pihos 7
    '48 Leaf Layne 6.5
    '48 Leaf McAfee 8
    '48 Leaf Waterfield 7
    '48 Leaf Dudley 7
    '48 Leaf Connor 7
    '48 Leaf Bednarik 6
    '50 Bowman Fears 9
    '56 Topps Schmidt 9
    '64 Phila. Johnson 9
    '70 Topps Bethea 9
    '70 Topps Mack 9
    '73 Topps Shell 9
    '73 Topps Langer 10
    '77 Topps Selmon 9
    '77 Topps Haynes 9
    '82 Topps Munoz 10
    '82 Topps Lott 9
    '84 Topps Tippett 10
    '84 Topps Slater 10
    '87 Topps Zimmerman 10

A couple of collectors on this thread (and you know who you are image ) have first dibs on a couple of these cards, but for the most part they are available. Let me know if interested.

Jasen
  • Jasen- PM sent
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • You must be making a serious run at something to be clearing out that many cards Jasen! Good luck buddy, just dont touch those high # PSA 8 Chicles. image

Gotta run, going to a playoff party. Colts and Saints in two weeks, IMHO
  • Jasen -

pm sent

Marc
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------

• << <i>In raising some cash for the Memory Lane auction, I'm offering my current HOF RCs for sale, with some exceptions. Here's a list, just PM or email jasen_cassady@yahoo.com for pricing (use VCP):

'33 Sport Kings Grange 8 $3500
    '48 Bowman Wojo 7 $200
    '48 Bowman Pihos 7 $475
    '48 Leaf Layne 6.5 $2500
    '48 Leaf McAfee 8 $1100
    '48 Leaf Waterfield 7 $700
    '48 Leaf Dudley 7 $375
    '48 Leaf Connor 7 $800
    '48 Leaf Bednarik 6 $OFFER
    '50 Bowman Fears 9 $1600
    '56 Topps Schmidt 9 $1500
    '64 Phila. Johnson 9 $200
    '70 Topps Bethea 9 $250
    '70 Topps Mack 9 **SOLD**
    '73 Topps Shell 9 $350
    '73 Topps Langer 10 $135
    '77 Topps Selmon 9 $50
    '77 Topps Haynes 9 $150
    '82 Topps Munoz 10 $200
    '82 Topps Lott 9 $35
    '84 Topps Tippett 10 **SOLD**
    '84 Topps Slater 10 **SOLD**
    '87 Topps Zimmerman 10 **SOLD**

A couple of collectors on this thread (and you know who you are image ) have first dibs on a couple of these cards, but for the most part they are available. Let me know if interested.

Jasen >>

Updated to add prices and to reflect sales. These will likely go to ebay on Wednesday or so if not sold. Let me know if you want scans. Can't believe Favre blew it again......

Jasen
  • I can't stop looking at the Chicle set -- and can't help but wonder why I wasn't born a Rockefeller.

Some great stuff in the ML auction.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
    Updated HOF class predictions:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Rickey Jackson
    Dick LeBeau
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Updated HOF class predictions:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Rickey Jackson
    Dick LeBeau >>

I could definitely see that since there's always at least one big surprise (Jackson). I'll be very happy if Little doesn't get in. Do you think it's fair to say that if Jackson's spot deosn't go to him it will go to A-Sharpe or B-Carter?

Man if Jackson and Grimm both get in, that'll give '84 Topps TEN HOF rookies. Very impressive. And Morten Andersen would likely make 11 at some point.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>

<< <i>Updated HOF class predictions:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Rickey Jackson
    Dick LeBeau >>

I could definitely see that since there's always at least one big surprise (Jackson). I'll be very happy if Little doesn't get in. Do you think it's fair to say that if Jackson's spot deosn't go to him it will go to A-Sharpe or B-Carter?

Man if Jackson and Grimm both get in, that'll give '84 Topps TEN HOF rookies. Very impressive. And Morten Andersen would likely make 11 at some point. >>

Exactly..Sharpe or Carter would be my guess.

• Holy smokes Jasen,

You must have some uncommon motivation to be offering up some of the beauties among your saleables. Just don't use the proceeds for '35 Chicles or '52 Bowman Larges - those issues are JUNK and no one likes them. image

PM to be sent next. -Keith
  • ALL I KNOW IF ANYONE GETS STEAL PRICES ON ANY OF MY CARDS IT BETTER BE SOMEBODY ON THIS BOARD image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Wells, guys...I was actually hoping to make a run at the Nagurski 7 that is in the MLI auction, but after adding in the juice it's already over the 2006 closing price of the last one reported by VCP, so that doesn't look likely. Good thing there's a lot of other selection available.

Jasen