Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    I agree with your picks Scott. The only other names I can that I think might slip in are C. Carter, T. Brown, S. Sharpe and Tagliabue
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Only real surprise in the semifinalists is seeing Cliff Branch back in there. This is his last year of eligibility as a modern candidate so seems he will at least get a look-see. In vote him in, as for me, he's one of the top 3-4 WRs in of the entire 70's decade..But most likely he won't see the top 15. This could help his future Senior committee chances though

Bouncing this list vs. what we have on the Future HOF- Modern set. Here are the discrepancies. We will re-visit each of these players when we have our annual modern set add/subtract poll in January...

The following players made the top 25 and are not currently in the set. We will vote on these guys additions to the set in January, so think them over as we lead up to the voting:

Steve Tasker- 4 time semifinalist
    Roger Craig- 2 time semifinalist
    Rickey Jackson- 2 time semifinalist

These players are currently listed on the Future HOFer set, and did NOT make the top 25. We will vote on subtracting these players from the set in Jan, so same as above, try and think it over sometime between now and then and ask yourself, are they truly HOF LOCKS or considered LIKELY to be inducted someday. That is our criteria for that set:

Steve At-water- 6th time on the ballot, has never made the top 25
    Leroy Butler- 4th time on the ballot, has never made the top 25
    Gary Anderson- 1st time on the ballot, did not make the top 25

My personal standard is 5 straight ballots without making the top 25 probably means the guy won't get in, or at best is a long shot. Therefore, wouldn't belong on the modern set, but possibly could be added to the Senior set when he eventually runs out of modern eligibility.

My picks for this years HOF class is the same since last year..Although I'd like to throw in my other possibles.

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Shannon Sharpe
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm

Possibles:
    Dermontti Dawson instead of Grimm...
    Cris Carter instead of Sharpe...
    John Randle instead of Dent...

Only Rice and Emmitt are guarantees this year...But these 8, I believe are the best shots. Of course, we usually end up with one wild card, which this year my guy is Grimm. But literally could be anyone who makes the final 15. Guaranteed all 8 of these above make the final 15, and most likely also make the cut to 10.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with your picks Scott. The only other names I can that I think might slip in are C. Carter, T. Brown, S. Sharpe and Tagliabue >>

No way, shape or form Tim Brown will trump Carter Mr. Raider guy...image..I could see Ray Guy doing it before Brown...Also, no way 3 WR's will go in during one election.

Tagliabue they are going to make wait until there is resolution on the possible strike/lockout in 2011...That's why he isn't in already...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Thrilled to see Branch in there - I recall an article (maybe his Monday am column) by Peter King looking closer than he had before at Branch and Plunkett. To summarize, he thought Branch might have a pretty good shot buy Plunkett likely not.

Maybe someonce can comfirm, did Stabler's eligibility run out for modern consideration ?

I'm not a Raider fan but have thought Guy and Branch should be in there

J
  • Options

<< <i>Thrilled to see Branch in there - I recall an article (maybe his Monday am column) by Peter King looking closer than he had before at Branch and Plunkett. To summarize, he thought Branch might have a pretty good shot buy Plunkett likely not.

Maybe someonce can comfirm, did Stabler's eligibility run out for modern consideration ?

I'm not a Raider fan but have thought Guy and Branch should be in there

J >>

Yes, Stabler ran out last year...This is the last year for Branch and next year will be the last shot for Guy and Lester Hayes...Next (and probably only) possible Raider HOFer the next 10-15 years is Tim Brown after this last group of Raider greats....They did put in a descent amount of guys from the 70's/80's teams already though...

Jason
  • Options
    No way, shape or form Tim Brown will trump Carter Mr. Raider guy.....

You know me Jason. I'm pretty objective. I feel that Rice and Smith are the locks. Ray Guy, R. Grimm and R. Dent give us 3 more worthy candidates from 3 different positions, but you never know who will argue for whom when it comes time to vote. If Ray Guy is viewed as "just a punter", than you open up a slot for Sharpe (TE as another position) or Carter (second best WR during the Rice era??) or Brown (another top 5 WR during the Rice era, but also played special teams).
    I agree that 3 WR's won't go in on the same ballot, but if Guy, Grimm, or Dent are pushed aside, I can definitely see 2 WR's going in.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    I just got back from the post office, where I shipped off a veritable gaggle of cards for PSA to review. Among the notables that belong to this set: 1950 Bowman Otto Graham PSA 9, and 1935 National Chicle Clarke Hinkle PSA 8. I don't really expect either of those to bump though. However, the Graham just looks so bright and well-registered compared to my other Otto RCs and other '50 Bowmans. Another member of this Registry Set with more experience held the Hinkle in hand earlier this year and thinks it has a shot at a PSA 8.5. We'll see.

Disclosure: Married White Male seeking Single 1948 Bowman Pete Pihos RC PSA 7-8 for Long Term Relationship. Have significant trade bait, and will consider your high-eye appeal Pihos at above-VCP value in the deal.

-Keith
  • Options
    Keith,

You are just a flat-out STUD, my man. Good luck on your reviews, especially the large Marchetti image . As is the new custom, here is a scan of my latest pickup, courtesy of our good friend, Andy:

I've also got a few other pickups that I'll post in the next couple of days.....have to spread them out, you know.

Jasen
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the review. That Graham is a screamer! It's unbelievable the cards you guys come up with. You put my "mid-grade" set to shame.......

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is looking for these cards they are available for sale or trade, for trade Im interested in any 1952 Bowman Large Football or possibly pre 1957 Football.

Mid grade but they look outstanding in my opinion...

imageimage
  • Options
    OK, new page, new card:

A couple more new ones still to go...

Jasen
  • Options

The 1951 Bowman #4 – Norm Van Brocklin (Rookie Card)
    A bubble gum production factory is a most unusual place in which to produce enduring artistic works. However, in the early 1950s, the Bowman Gum Company of Philadelphia dropped some sick-looking cardboard rectangles depicting NFL players that may very well fit that description. At that time, an unwary public had more infatuation with baseball’s Golden Age. Hence, relatively few football cards were produced. Kids collected sports cards. The product of those facts is that exceedingly few examples of these smartly designed and brilliantly colored images have endured. Their desirability today is only heightened by the fact that the popularity of the modern football game has surged.

Bowman issued more Spartan releases in 1948 and 1950 with obverses devoid of player name and team logo. In 1951, Bowman tweaked their card size to 2-1/16” x 3-1/8” from the more square designs used previously. Both portrait and landscape-oriented designs were employed. Also, a name box and team logo were added to the card. The football logos used in those days were more detailed so Bowman had to incorporate a large size logo. On some cards, this works well and on others the big logo seems to dominate one quadrant of the card.

Some player cards of the 1951 Bowman Football set have a number of the above ingredients working well. One special card exists within this set benefits from a remarkable confluence of all characteristics of a classic and desirable sports card; and effectively a miniature work of art. Card #4, Norm Van Brocklin is simultaneously a Rookie card, a Hall Of Fame card, a low number card, a quarterback card, an attractively-logoed card, a depiction of a championship winner, and a well-designed card with chromatics ablaze that belongs to a highly popular vintage set. Not coincidentally, it’s a very desirable card today.

On the card, the 1949 NFL Draft pick appears to be doing what he does best – leaning back away from the defense with a mild competitive grimace while using his renowned keen insight and decision-making ability to find an open receiver. Van Brocklin was known for his field generalship rather than scrambling ability. In this pose, one can imagine the nine-time Pro Bowl player keeping away from a Sam Huff pass rush while peering for one of his two Hall Of Fame receivers Elroy “Crazy Legs” Hirsch or Tom Fears.

The card design benefits from the fact that the Los Angeles Rams were the first professional football team to use logos on their helmets, separating early Rams cards from their plain-helmeted contemporaries. The background color of the Van Brocklin card is similar enough in color to his cobalt jersey to offer compliment, yet contrasting enough to distinguish the player. A feature common to the issue is the “glow” or angelic “aura” cast around the athlete’s body.

The card background is a sweeping display of artistry. As the color palette distances itself from the iridescent glow and away from the player’s body out to the card border, the effect is a breathtaking transition of azure hues – periwinkle, sky blue, beryl, indigo, violet, and midnight blue.

It is of this author’s personal opinion that this may be the most aesthetically pleasing football card ever produced. The fact that the artistry reaches a high level is paradoxical considering that it depicts the ultimate hard-hitting man’s game. However, it is no more paradoxical than the fact that this artwork is found on a football card produced in a humble bubble gum factory.

• Options
    Jasen,

Further props to you! Even though I know what new additions you have coming after our chat the other day, it's still fun to see you roll out the high-end quality. The word "great" is such a worn-down superlative. Yet that Fears really is "great". Seeing a 60-year-old card in third-party certified mint condition always gives me pause. Additionally since no Gem Mint 10 Tom Fears RCs exist, for all I know yours could be the finest example anywhere. That's definitely something worth sharing so thanks for doing so.

-Keith
  • Options
    I wanted to share my most recent purchase.

One of the things I don't like about the Football HOF RC set is that many of the cards are issued many years after the players first year in pro football. Over half the set includes cards issued well after the players rookie season (Thorpe, Grange, all the 55 All-Americans just to name a few) I have always wanted to go back and pick up these "pre-rookie" rookies. I already have a few but this one is, by far, the rarest I own.

Frank Gatski's rookie in the HOF RC set is 1955 Bowman, which is 9 years after his rookie season (1946).

Here is his real "ROOKIE"....image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I wanted to share my most recent purchase.

One of the things I don't like about the Football HOF RC set is that many of the cards are issued many years after the players first year in pro football. Over half the set includes cards issued well after the players rookie season (Thorpe, Grange, all the 55 All-Americans just to name a few) I have always wanted to go back and pick up these "pre-rookie" rookies. I already have a few but this one is, by far, the rarest I own.

Frank Gatski's rookie in the HOF RC set is 1955 Bowman, which is 9 years after his rookie season (1946).

Here is his real "ROOKIE"....image

image >>

Dave I agree with you 100%, that is part of the reason why I dont go after the All-Americans, one of the biggest dissapointments is Dick "Nightrain" Lane not having a card issued until 1957 even though he was Ram in '52- I would have loved to see him in that '52 set!

Very cool card BTW!
  • Options

<< <i>If anyone is looking for these cards they are available for sale or trade, for trade Im interested in any 1952 Bowman Large Football or possibly pre 1957 Football.

Mid grade but they look outstanding in my opinion...

imageimage >>

Cards are now on Ebay, thank you for the inquirys.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Latest pick up. Only 5 cards out now.

• Options
    Continuing the theme of Hall of Fame WR recent pickups:

I'm still basking in the beatdown my Cards handed to Favre and the Vikings Sunday night....didn't mind that drive home a bit. (Don't worry, Josh, I'm sure we'll see you again next month, probably in your dome this time).

Jasen
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    My newest pickup isn't going in my set. image

I got a PSA 6 Willie Davis rookie for $8 (incl. shipping), but upon getting the card, I don't like how it looks. It's out of focus just enough that it will give you a headache if you look at it a long time.

Oh well. Time to put it on NAXCOM.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Thats how my Nitschke is. It's a 7, but almost 3D due to the mis-registration....

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

I am in the process of trying to find a Jim Brown rookie for my HOF set. I am currently in 34th place with over 55% of the set collected. I created a quest similar to Elemenope did for his 1952 Mantle.

Quest for Jimmy!

I have made one deal so far and have a little over $100 worth of cards for the trade. I am looking for a nice RAW card or a graded card in the PSA 3-5 range. Take a look and see if you can help me out.

Thanks for all of the help on my set so far.

Troy

Link to my set
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Jason can answer this question. I'm wondering what the record is for the most first-time eligible football HOF inductees. Taking a look at next year when (I believe this is accurate) Deion, Faulk, Roaf, Martin and Bettis are all eligible, I could see a record being set. It's a shame that these guys are all in the same class, because one or two will likely have to wait, but they're all slam dunk candidates IMO. Just bad timing for whoever doesn't get in right away, but the good news is that Shields is the only first-timer with a real chance in 2012. I guess another way to look at this is if a finalist doesn't get in this year, it'll be REAL tough to get in next year.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well the first class were all first timers.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps Jason can answer this question. I'm wondering what the record is for the most first-time eligible football HOF inductees. Taking a look at next year when (I believe this is accurate) Deion, Faulk, Roaf, Martin and Bettis are all eligible, I could see a record being set. It's a shame that these guys are all in the same class, because one or two will likely have to wait, but they're all slam dunk candidates IMO. Just bad timing for whoever doesn't get in right away, but the good news is that Shields is the only first-timer with a real chance in 2012. I guess another way to look at this is if a finalist doesn't get in this year, it'll be REAL tough to get in next year. >>

Easy one. Most ever is 3. And that has happen on numerous occasions, last of which being 2006. We've also never had 3 modern era players from one position go in together (not counting the 17 man initial class of course).

In 2011, I think your first ballot guys will be Deion, Faulk and Roaf. Martin and Bettis both have some negatives, plus going against Faulk...But based on the weak 2012 first ballot guys, I can see Bettis and Martin going in together in 2012.

Jason
  • Options
    Don't foget about Bill Parcells. He will be first time eligible in 2012 as well. And I would guess he is easily first ballot.

Jason
  • Options
    Hello guys

Wanted to let you all know first i am going to sell my hof rc,s so if you want something email me jelly_man@msn.com
    Most of you who have been around a long time know what i have for the most part but almost a full set missing bronko cards range from psa 7,s on the ultra tough ones mostly psa 8 many 9,s and a few 10,s through the 70,s stuff, 80,s up mainy 10,s fews nines.
    I will post a list over the week end.
    PLEASE NOT A FIRE SALE WANT REAL PRICES LOW BALLERS WILL GET NO RESPONCE.
    Will be for privite sale though mid Jan then the big cards will go aution house.

Art
  • Options
    Link to Arts set

Art...Sorry to see you sell. You just had to do this 2 weeks before Christmas didn't ya? LOL..

Do you have the cards scanned? There are several I may be interested in.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Art Email sent regarding your sale.

Thank You

Paul
  • Options
    Art,

Email sent.

Also, I am in the market for a Nagurski. I'm looking for a nice 7, willing to pay cash and/or trade. In addition to what I have in my set, I've got a Bobby Layne 6.5 and a Bednarik 6. (Don't worry, Keith, the Concrete Charlie isn't going anywhere unless a Nagurski is involved. image ) If anybody has a lead on one, let me know, thanks.

Jasen
  • Options
    Yes, I sent an e-mail to Art this morning as it appears there are a number of cards that I'm potentially seeking there.

Well, I learned that PSA's fresh review of my 1950 Bowman Otto Graham PSA 9 resulted in a grade of....PSA Mint 9 again, as expected.

Jasen, I'm going to give you a miniature GPS receiver to place on the case holdering your portrait of one Charles Philip Bednarik so that I always know it's whereabouts. image

-Keith
  • Options
    Art, Email sent regarding a couple cards.
  • Options
    I'm looking for a scan of the nicest Alworth out there, I've seen 3 of the Alworth 9's and they all seem to be off center slightly. Just curious if there is a centered Alworth in existence ?
    63 Alworth
  • Options
    Mr Squires owns a nicely-centered Alworth 9:

I have never seen a dead-centered Alworth. I would have to say that probably don't exist due to where his card was positioned on the sheets.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Squires has the nicest PSA 9 I've seen, but the most beautiful card was in a PSA 8 that I failed to pull the trigger on nearly two years ago... Card was dead centered with the slightest wear on the lower left corner and was in the "old" PSA 8 flip (pre half grades). I hemmed and hawed trying to figure out if I could get it to bump to a PSA 9, but at nearly twice the PSA 8 price (at the time) I wasn't willing to take the chance. Now, I wish I would've...
  • Options
    GUYS have pulled cards that may be sold already if that changes will add them here is rest it is differant from that old set list

33 thorpe psa 8
    33 grange psa 7
    35 strong psa 6
    35 hinkle psa 7
    35 edwards psa 5.5
    35 clark psa 8 oc
    48 van buren psa 6
    48 conner psa 6
    48 mafee psa 7
    48 trippi psa 7
    48 waterford black name front psa 6
    48 dudley psa 7
    48 bednarik psa 4
    48 baugh psa 5
    48 luckman psa 5
    48 layne yellow pants error bobbie psa 5
    48 doak psa 6
    48 nemellini blue background maroon jer VERY STRONG PSA 6
    48 PHIOS PSA 5
    50 canadeo psa 7.5
    50 motley psa 8
    50 perry psa 8
    50 title psa 8
    50 crazy legs psa 8
    50 fears psa 8
    50 grahm psa 8
    50 lavelli psa 8
    51 van brocklin psa 7
    51 creekmur psa 8
    51 tunnell psa 8
    51 weinmister psa 8.5
    51 stautner psa 8
    52 mcelhenny psa 7 small
    52 lary psa 8 small
    52 millner psa 7 small
    52 matson psa 6 small
    52 donovan psa 7 small
    52 marchetti psa 7 small
    52 robustelli psa 7 large
    52 gifford psa 7 small
    54 atkins psa 8
    54 blanda psa 8
    55 topps nevers psa 8
    55 hutson psa 8
    55 parker psa 8
    55 friedman psa 8.5
    55 kinard psa 8
    55 fats psa 8
    55 ringo psa 7
    55 johnson psa 8
    55 st clair psa 7
    55 ford psa 8
    55 gatski psa 8
    55 mccormack psa 8.5
    56 moore psa 8
    56 george psa 8
    56 brown psa 8
    56 jones psa 8
    56 schmidt psa 8
    57 layne psa 7
    57 mcdonald psa 8
    57 starr psa 7
    57 unitas psa 8
    57 hounung psa 8
    57 berry psa 7
    58 brown psa 8 very nice @ centered
    58 soony j psa 8
    59 mitchell psa 8
    59 parker psa 8
    59 huff psa 8
    59 taylor psa 9
    60 mix psa 8
    60 greeg psa 8
    61 jordan psa 8
    61 otto psa 8
    61 maynard psa 10
    61 otto psa 8
    62 shaw psa 8
    62 ditka psa 7
    62 tarkennton psa 8
    63 lilly psa 8
    63 wilson psa 8
    63 alworth psa 8
    63 buoniconi psa 8
    63 daWSON PSA 8
    64 BELL PSA 8
    64 BUCHANAN PSA 9
    64 johnson psa 8
    64 mackey psa 8
    64 olsen psa 8.5
    64 adderly psa 8
    64 davis psa 9
    65 krause psa 8
    65 taylor psa 8
    65 warfield psa 8
    65 renfro psa 8
    65 eller psa9
    65 namath psa 7
    65 brown psa 8
    65 biletnikoff psa 8
    66 hayes psa 8
    66 brown psa 7
    66 butkus psa 7
    66 hickerson psa 8
    66 hickerson psa 8.5
    66 sayers psa 8
    67 smith psa 8
    67 wilcox psa 9
    67 kelly psa 8
    68 griese psa 8
    69 csonka psa 9

more to come tomorrow

• Options
    Finally back to 100% on my set thanks to Art! The Groza 8.5 I sold awhile back should have been easier to replace..But of course, as soon as I NEED one, the price goes up..lol

I have a few HOFers available for sale. Most of these are on ebay, BIN w/best offer option. I can sell off ebay at a discount from saving the ebay fees. I am also willing to accept trades for cards that I need to upgrade. So if anyone is interested in any of these to buy or trade for, let me know. PM me or e-mail at jabeduco@yahoo.com.

1935 NATIONAL CHICLE 10 CLIFF BATTLES PSA 7.5
    1950 BOWMAN 35 JOE PERRY PSA 8.5
    1955 TOPPS ALL-AMER. 28 MEL HEIN PSA 8.5
    1961 FLEER 202 JOHNNY ROBINSON PSA 9
    1963 FLEER 10 NICK BUONICONTI PSA 8.5
    1964 PHILADELPHIA 3 JOHN MACKEY PSA 9
    1964 TOPPS 92 BUCK BUCHANAN PSA 8.5
    1966 PHILADELPHIA 45 GENE HICKERSON PSA 8.5
    1976 TOPPS 158 RANDY WHITE PSA 10

Happy holidays to all!
    Jason

• Options
    To all who have asked for scans bare with me got most out but it takes a long time and just not enough time in the day ,my pc is bogged from all the photos on it now and loading them to emails is slow but i will get to all.

Also will have all the 70,s up cards listed asap.

Jason your cards will be in mourning mail

Again if you dont know me sure anyone on this thread will tell you you will have a smooth deal.

happy holidays guys
  • Options

<< <i>Squires has the nicest PSA 9 I've seen, ... >>

Thank you ladies, much appreciated. I got mine from Mint State as well, at the Chicago national a few years ago. Saw it at his booth, bought it. He even bought me lunch image

Im diggin this post a scan thing Keith came up with. Guys lives in Alaska man!! This bright idea totally changes the view of people from Alaska as dumbies I had picked up from somewhere, oh... sometime last year I beleive image

Edited to add. I posted this card to get under Yaks skin, and I posted it the proper orientation, to show OTW how its done
  • Options
    I don't know if any of you guys have discovered Sporcle yet, but it's a really cool (free) trivia web site. They have a TON of quizzes up there on everything under the sun, including many football quizzes. Here's the most recent one. I got around 160. No cheating!:

NFL QBs
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I got 129, I started out good, then started to blank out and had to look through some of my cards, lol.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know if any of you guys have discovered Sporcle yet, but it's a really cool (free) trivia web site. They have a TON of quizzes up there on everything under the sun, including many football quizzes. Here's the most recent one. I got around 160. No cheating!:

NFL QBs >>

155 here...Forgot all about Tarkenton in the 70s!!!! image

• Options
    Do any of you guys know what the VCP on a 55 Bowman #36 Dick Stanfel PSA 8 is? I have an 8 and a 7 and can't decide on which one to keep. I am happy with the 7, but if the difference is price is not much then I am going to keep the 8. There are only 4 graded higher. Thanks for any help provided.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭
    Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 7 - Average Price: $12.00

Listing Type: All Auction Buy It Now Best Offer Show: 2550100All Date Auction Link Seller Buyer Bids Price Extra
    11/1/09 eBay Auction | Image wandy1 f***t 1 $9.99
    7/26/09 eBay Auction | Image andymadec 2***j 6 $12.01
    6/12/09 eBay Image justcollectcards t***y BIN $25.00
    3/29/09 eBay Image m5048a 1***y 1 $11.99
    10/17/08 eBay Image 4_sharp_corners-2 zagnut10000 5 $10.49
    9/21/08 eBay Image glabow bbcard.com 1 $5.00
    9/8/08 eBay Image r*e*tulloss*jr*sports*cards aegcubs 1 $19.99
    6/23/08 eBay yakbigham davemri 1 $9.99
    5/16/08 eBay Image 4_sharp_corners-2 rgless66 2 $12.50
    4/26/08 eBay Image siriussports1 red-leaf 1 $15.00
    2/13/08 eBay Image gboman smitty 2 $10.49

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 8 - Average Price: $49.96
    Listing Type: All Auction Buy It Now Best Offer Show: 2550100All Date Auction Link Seller Buyer Bids Price Extra
    9/20/09 eBay Auction | Image just_collect -***o 8 $42.00
    3/23/09 eBay mikescardcloset c***l BIN $79.99
    1/19/09 eBay Image danmarkel j***o 6 $27.88
    10/13/08 eBay Image valleycardshop kmookiej 1 $49.99
    6/9/08 eBay Image www.stevenovella.com humbaby44 10 $67.00
    6/4/08 eBay Image 4_sharp_corners-2 ths-vintagefootball 4 $51.00
    4/27/08 eBay Image jmdvm mikescardcloset 10 $18.50
    4/27/08 eBay Image encapsulated_icons glabow 10 $66.51
    4/26/08 eBay Image siriussports1 r.randolphcampbell 4 $66.95
    3/25/08 eBay Image dslsports rookiesandsuperstars 7 $108.01
    11/11/07 eBay Image roxythepug nrpstarter 11 $72.99
    10/23/07 eBay Image 4_sharp_corners waltv2600 9 $97.00
    5/6/07 eBay

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    thanks Jay.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    another pic for sharper. ties him with lott for his career. this season i think makes him a lock for hof. man the packers have had some great safeties over the last 20 years.

bulter
    sharper
    collins

nice run in the draft for sure.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>another pic for sharper. ties him with lott for his career. this season i think makes him a lock for hof. man the packers have had some great safeties over the last 20 years.

bulter
    sharper
    collins

nice run in the draft for sure. >>

I don't think there is such a thing as a ''lock'' Safety for the HOF. Tell that to Steve At-water and Leroy Butler..Or Darren Woodson and John Lynch in the next few years when they aren't being elected...And what about active players Brian Dawkins? Ed Reed? Polamalu?

Sharper will be a candidate, but how does it get in over any of the players above who had better overall careers at the same position is beyond me....If i were a betting man, I'd say odds are against him. He has however improved his stock from a 10% chance guy to maybe a 20% chance guy..But based on the fact that Safeties simply don't get elected very often, I can't see the committee going in the completely opposite direction and electing 4-5-6 different Safeties for the HOF from the same era...It is a proven fact that INT totals are meaningless to the voters...

He's a lock for the Packers HOF at least....lol

Jason
  • Options
    Speaking of safeties, Arizona Cardinals All-Pro Safety Adrian Wilson notched another pick and another sack today (gotta love those Rams). That puts him in the 20/20 club for his career. During the Cards' super bowl run last year Jason and I noted on this thread that A-Dub's HOF chances would likely be killed by the Cards' lack of success early in his career, which has lead to him being overlooked for quite some time. Combine the Cards' perpetual losing at that time with Wilson being in the same conference as Brian Dawkins and Roy Williams in the prime of their careers, and the pro bowls just weren't there. Anyway, if anyone can tell me the RC for this underrated Safety, I'd appreciate it.

Jasen

P.S. Don't worry, Joe, I will be getting your new sig line to you soon. image
  • Options

<< <i>Speaking of safeties, Arizona Cardinals All-Pro Safety Adrian Wilson notched another pick and another sack today (gotta love those Rams). That puts him in the 20/20 club for his career. During the Cards' super bowl run last year Jason and I noted on this thread that A-Dub's HOF chances would likely be killed by the Cards' lack of success early in his career, which has lead to him being overlooked for quite some time. Combine the Cards' perpetual losing at that time with Wilson being in the same conference as Brian Dawkins and Roy Williams in the prime of their careers, and the pro bowls just weren't there. Anyway, if anyone can tell me the RC for this underrated Safety, I'd appreciate it.

Jasen

P.S. Don't worry, Joe, I will be getting your new sig line to you soon. image >>

He has 2...

2001 Leaf R&S #246
    2001 Playoff Preferred #198

No clue which would be his most valuable of the 2...

Jason
  • Options
    not much of a big deal being in the 20/20 club for safeties. as jason has pointed out nearly none of them will ever sniff the HOF.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's