Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like our set finally hit 100 sets......Not sure if it really counts since several have more than one set listed......Anyway, I wonder how many sets there are on the registry with 100 + sets?

Dave >>

about 6 months ago I scrolled through all the football sets and the HOF rookie is the most collected for football. The 1972 Topps set is the most collected set and the All Time Packers is the most collected All Time Set. May have changed though lately.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Looks like our old friend Al Wistert is finally getting his due from the Eagles:

Cunningham, Wistert to join Eagles honor roll

Next year would be the year to make the big push for his senior candidacy and finally get him into the HOF.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    The Pro Football Hall of Fame’s selection process for the Class of 2010 continues on Saturday when the names of the modern-era preliminary nominees are announced. The list will be announced at the end of NFL Network’s “Road to Canton” program that airs at 1:00 p.m. ET. Be sure to visit Profootballhof.com for the complete rundown of the 2010 preliminary nominees.

“Road to Canton,” presented by JC Penney/Van Heusen is the first television series to focus solely on the Hall of Fame’s selection process. The series, hosted by Paul Burmeister, consists of four shows that focus on each of the milestone cutdowns in the Hall’s selection process.

The first program features an in-depth look at the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s selection process. Guests include the Hall’s Vice President-Communications/Exhibits Joe Horrigan; selectors Nancy Gay and Rick Gosselin, NFL Films Steve Sabol, and Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young.

The 2010 selection process began last month with the naming of two senior nominees. Former Detroit Lions cornerback Dick LeBeau and Denver Broncos running back Floyd Little will eventually be joined by 15 modern-era candidates for consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2010.

Episode 1 - Preliminary Nominees
    Sept. 19 – 1 p.m. and 9 p.m.
    Sept. 20 at 2 a.m.

Episode 2 – 25 Semifinalists
    Nov. 28 – 1 p.m. and 9 p.m.
    Nov. 29 - 2 am

Episode 3 – 17 Finalists
    Jan. 7 – 9 p.m.
    Jan. 8 – 2 a.m. and 1 p.m.
    Jan. 9 – 8 a.m.

Episode 4 – Class of 2010
    Feb. 6 – 5 p.m.
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like must see TV to me...image

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    The Luckman brought over 71K

Luckman

I wonder if Jon won it?

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like our old friend Al Wistert is finally getting his due from the Eagles:

Cunningham, Wistert to join Eagles honor roll

Next year would be the year to make the big push for his senior candidacy and finally get him into the HOF.

Jason >>

Jason:

We had been pushing a campaign with the Eagles for the past six months. And the wheels are already turning for a heavy push to get Al on the radio again in NY and Philly. We had to hold up on the radio spots over the Summer as Al was not well, but he's better now. Hoping he's strong enough through the Winter and with us next year in the event that he gets in...
  • Options
    Just got a nice poppage today... Cracked out my Renfro PSA 8 as I was certain it was worthy of a bump after two unsuccessful visits in the holder. Just had the grades post today and Mel is now in a PSA 9 holder. Will post an image when it arrives next week.

Now, if I could only get my Luckman PSA 5 bumped to a PSA 8... image
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Scott, would that be the Renfro 8 that I sold you? Just want to know so I can eat my heart out image If so, I got it from Mike, so it can be a trickle down effect of sadness. LOL.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>Scott, would that be the Renfro 8 that I sold you? Just want to know so I can eat my heart out image If so, I got it from Mike, so it can be a trickle down effect of sadness. LOL. >>

Still holding onto that one. The lower right is the issue, so I may give it a flight to the left coast hoping for an 8.5... It's still my placeholder as I'll probably sell of the PSA 9 and use the upside for some '48 Leaf High #'s.

How are the estimates going... image
  • Options
  • Options
    Dave, thanks for the Van Buren compliment. I had no problem paying 150% of VCP for that card - just won last month from Mike's Card Closet. You're right; 100 HOF RC sets is a nice landmark, as 100 actives will be too. I guess I'm one of the guys with two sets and could probably start a third now but am hesistant due to the way that looks.

Jason, my DVR is now set to record that NFL Network programming for the HOF selections. Thanks, great. You're such a good source of HOF info. to have around here.

Scott, a big congrats on the Renfro 9 and I hope to see the scan. PSA seems to grade so hard lately that it must be sharp. Good eye there.

The Goodwin & Co. Luckman closing certainly far exceeded my expectations. I dropped out way, way before the nearly $72K close.

Last weekend my wife & I travelled down to Girdwood, Alaska for my participation in a mountain running race. There were some auctions ending during the race so therefore I had someone else bidding for me while I was gone. I didn't expect to win anything. After the race I returned to the parking lot, checked my iPhone, and was surprised when notified that I won a pretty nice card to add to my Registry (pardon my scanner problem below):

...I got second in the race...

...but won the card...

• Options

<< <i>Scott, a big congrats on the Renfro 9 and I hope to see the scan. PSA seems to grade so hard lately that it must be sharp. Good eye there. >>

Should be back around mid-week. I'll make certain to post.

BTW, nice Joe Willy!!! Too bad it doesn't have a bottom border... image

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    If I posted a picture with my shirt off I'd be bannedimage

Question: I was looking up RC's for some of the current players and for some players all their RCs have print runs under 999.
    What would you do then, go with the highest print run?
  • Options

<< <i>If I posted a picture with my shirt off I'd be bannedimage

Question: I was looking up RC's for some of the current players and for some players all their RCs have print runs under 999.
    What would you do then, go with the highest print run? >>

You'd move to the next year...I think worst case, you always have the base issue Topps set which, to my knowledge, has never individually numbered base set cards.

Jason
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jason.

Here's an article about the first round of the HOF selection process.

NFL Hall of Fame Candidates Named for 2010
    . Follow us on Twitter

The candidates for next year's Pro Football Hall of Fame were announced Saturday. There are 131 preliminary candidates including NFL Football greats Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith. The list will be reduced to 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in January 2010.

On September 17, 1920 the National Football League (NFL) was created. Over 80 years later, the NFL continues to turn out great players, many of whom will end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL career receiving leader Jerry Rice and career rushing leader Emmitt Smith are two of the 131 candidates for the 2010 Pro Football Hall of Fame. To be considered for the Hall of Fame, a player or coach must have been retired at least five years. A contributor may still be active in his pro football career.

The preliminary class of 103 players, 10 coaches and 18 contributors was announced by the NFL Saturday. That will be narrowed down to 25 semifinalists on November 27, and those 25 will be whittled to 17 finalists on February 6, 2010, the day before the Super Bowl.

Here are the 2010 Pro Football Hall of Fame candidates:

Quarterbacks Ken Anderson, Randall Cunningham, Boomer Esiason, Rich Gannon, Jim Plunkett, Phil Simms, Joe Theismann, Danny White, Doug Williams

Running backs Ottis Anderson, Larry Centers, Roger Craig, Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Leroy Hoard, Eric Metcalf, Brian Mitchell, Mike Pruitt, Gerald Riggs, George Rogers, Emmitt Smith, Herschel Walker, Ricky Watters

Wide receivers Cliff Branch, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard, Irving Fryar, Roy Green, Herman Moore, Stanley Morgan, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, Sterling Sharpe

Tight ends Mark Bavaro, Todd Christensen, Ben Coates, Russ Francis, Shannon Sharpe, Frank Wycheck

Offensive linemen Tony Boselli, Lomas Brown, Jim Covert, Dermontti Dawson, Russ Grimm, Jay Hilgenberg, Chris Hinton, Kent Hull, Joe Jacoby, Mike Kenn, Jim Lachey, Max Montoya, Korey Stringer, Steve Wisniewski

Defensive linemen Al “Bubba” Baker, Ray Childress, Richard Dent, Chris Doleman, Charles Haley, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Joe Klecko, Dexter Manley, Charles Mann, Steve McMichael, Leslie O’Neal, Michael Dean Perry, John Randle, Clyde Simmons, Fred Smerlas

Linebackers Cornelius Bennett, Matt Blair, Kevin Greene, Ken Harvey, Rickey Jackson, Rod Martin, Clay Matthews, Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Hardy Nickerson, Chris Spielman, Pat Swilling, Darryl Talley

Defensive backs Eric Allen, Steve Atater, Joey Browner, LeRoy Butler, Raymond Clayborn, Kenny Easley, Lester Hayes, Carnell Lake, Albert Lewis, Frank Minnifield, Donnie Shell, Aeneas Williams, Darren Woodson, Louis Wright

Kickers/punters Gary Anderson, Ray Guy, Nick Lowery, Reggie Roby

Special teams Steve Tasker

Coaches Bill Arnsparger, Don Coryell, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, A.O. “Bum” Phillips, Dan Reeves, Buddy Ryan, Clark Shaughnessy

Contributors K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr., Bobby Beathard, Gil Brandt, Leo Carlin, Jack Kent Cooke, Otho Davis, Ed DeBartolo, Jr., Ole Haugsrud, Frank “Bucko” Kilroy, Art Modell, Art Rooney, Jr., Carroll Rosenbloom, Ed Sabol, Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue, Jim Tunney, Ron Wolf, George Young

Written by Cheryl Phillips
    Providence, RI
    Exclusive to HULIQ.com
  • Options
    My personal opinion on which nominees SHOULD be in the HOF. Not necessarily who I think WILL get in, but rather based on what I know and what I've seen of their performances through the years:

Quarterbacks Ken Anderson, Randall Cunningham
    Running backs Roger Craig, Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith
    Wide receivers Cliff Branch, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice
    Tight ends Shannon Sharpe
    Offensive linemen Dermontti Dawson, Russ Grimm
    Defensive linemen Richard Dent, Charles Haley, John Randle
    Linebackers Kevin Greene, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills
    Defensive backs Steve Atater, LeRoy Butler, Lester Hayes, Aeneas Williams, Darren Woodson
    Kickers/punters Ray Guy
    Coaches Dan Reeves
    Contributors Gil Brandt, Ed Sabol, Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue

Last chance for Cliff Branch, he will enter the Senior pool after this year. Ray Guy, Lester Hayes and Ken Anderson's last chance next year (Class of 2011).

My predictions as of today for Class of 2010:
    Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Shannon Sharpe
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Dick LeBeau
  • Options
    Very nice Namath! Keep picking up cards like that and you will pass me in no time......LOL.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Just have to point out something kinda cool. A few months ago, I introduced fellow Alaskan "Art" to the Set Registry and his set now ranks 33rd. We contact each other frequently and help each other along. So for a state with a population of under 1 million, we've got 2 sets in the Top 33. Not bad, huh?

One can find a vibrant enough collecting community here in Anchorage, a town of nearly 300,000. There are many sports card shows here, one of which I'll attend this weekend. There are two sports card shops in town (can you believe that the proprietor of one of them never heard of set registries? Sheesh!).

By the way, since we live in a popular vacation destination, I hope that fellow registrants will contact me before they come here next. Here in a largely impersonal e-generation, I like to meet fellow collectors.
  • Options
    Jason, Dave, Scott, et al, Who won the Leaf Luckman?
  • Options
    Weinhold

FYI - My Pal who is No. 1 on the Set Registry for the '55 Topps All Americans spends every summer in Alaska - mostly fishing on the Kenai. He just returned with his usual hundreds of pounds of salmon to hold us over 'til next year.

Although we don't do HOF Rooks, we have several 9's and 10's of some difficult AA's that are part of the HOF Rook set. We have some great cards that Isaacson would love to get his hands on for sure.

As of yesterday, you can now view all (21) the different 10's on the AA Registry page. It is the RVS Gem Mint Collection.

MacBoube
  • Options
    Well, since it's been such a pain in the neck finding some nice vintage stuff lately (at a reasonable price), I figured it might be time to pick up a few "Future" HOFers...

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i would agree with nearly all of these. unfortunately, i have a feeling that Butler is going to get left out much like Kramer.

<< <i>My personal opinion on which nominees SHOULD be in the HOF. Not necessarily who I think WILL get in, but rather based on what I know and what I've seen of their performances through the years:

Quarterbacks Ken Anderson, Randall Cunningham
    Running backs Roger Craig, Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith
    Wide receivers Cliff Branch, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice
    Tight ends Shannon Sharpe
    Offensive linemen Dermontti Dawson, Russ Grimm
    Defensive linemen Richard Dent, Charles Haley, John Randle
    Linebackers Kevin Greene, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills
    Defensive backs Steve Atater, LeRoy Butler, Lester Hayes, Aeneas Williams, Darren Woodson
    Kickers/punters Ray Guy
    Coaches Dan Reeves
    Contributors Gil Brandt, Ed Sabol, Steve Sabol, Paul Tagliabue

Last chance for Cliff Branch, he will enter the Senior pool after this year. Ray Guy, Lester Hayes and Ken Anderson's last chance next year (Class of 2011).

My predictions as of today for Class of 2010:
    Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Shannon Sharpe
    Richard Dent
    Russ Grimm
    Dick LeBeau >>

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>i would agree with nearly all of these. unfortunately, i have a feeling that Butler is going to get left out much like Kramer.

>>

Yep, my guess is NONE of those 3 Safeties will ever get in. It's just not a respected position, much like O-Guard...Aeneas Williams will eventually amke it in as a modern candidate and I think Lester Hayes will at some point down the road get in as a Senior candidate. Both he and Ray Guy, probably after Al Davis passes.

I don't think either of those QBs will ever get in. I doubt Craig ever makes it at RB. Cliff Branch will never get in along with a bunch of other solid 70's WRs. Not sure about Sam Mills, especially once Jackson gets in from that Saints team.I don't think the Sabol's ever make it in either unless the HOF creates a slot for admin/contributers to be voted on separate from the players. They would never out-vote a deserving player but NFL Films is one of the reasons I became a fan as a kid, so for me their contributions to the game and its history is deserving of induction. But not ahead of deserving players.

Jason
  • Options
    that would be a real shame. as Bulter helped transform the position from just a back end player, to one of being more agressive (pass rush and run defense) plus having cover skills.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Well, Mel arrived today . . . I'll probably either trade this out for my needs or put it on the "Bay." The only reported sale was nearly $1700 last summer...

• Options

<< <i>that would be a real shame. as Bulter helped transform the position from just a back end player, to one of being more agressive (pass rush and run defense) plus having cover skills. >>

Agreed. The fact that he isn't even getting to the semifinals is not a good sign. Maybe, eventually, the Safety position will get a little more street cred and Butler, Atwter and Darren Woodson can get in. I think all 3 were integral parts to Super Bowl winning teams, were DOMINANT on the field, and have the resumes to warrant inclusion.

Jason
  • Options
    Scott,
    That's the nicest Renfro RC I've ever seen. Good luck with your sale of it.

Rich
  • Options
    Scott,

FYI. Don't know if you saw it or not but there is a Renfro 9 listed in the new Mile High Auction book. Yours looks like better centering, IMO.

Doc
  • Options
    Howdy all
    Have not been around in a bit and have been doing some catch up reading as always great topics and questions from all.
    Dave in responce to your 100 sets now registered dont forget i am sure there a few high end sets at or close to 100% that are not registered. I KNOW OF 1 FOR SURE LOL image
    Anyway good to see the old crew is still around will try to find time to drop my 2 cents in from time to time and who knows maybe oneday soon at least 1 more set will show back uo on the boards image
  • Options
    Welcome back Art! Did you miss us?

Why did your set get retired?

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Hey Art! It's been awhile. Glad to see you posting again.
    Frank
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Art, the greatest (and only) Redskins fan I know. image

Welcome back big dog! Now lets get that set re-uploaded...

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Scott,
    That's the nicest Renfro RC I've ever seen. Good luck with your sale of it.

Rich >>

Rich:

Thanks for the kind words. The Renfro now has a proud new owner (from these boards) at a price that should make him happy when the Mile High one closes...

Now, off to find another one worthy of bumpature (my official "new" word!!!).
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Art! It's been awhile. Glad to see you posting again.
    Frank >>

No kidding! Come down off your throne.....condescend yourself a bit more to mix it up with us peons from time to time Art!

Looking forward to the national next year in your backyard, getting together with you, Yak and Shouldabeen for dinner!

• Options
    Joe -

Can I join you guys if I bring my shine box?

MAD
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options
    Can I join you guys if I bring my shine box?

Is this your pen?image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Macboube, sending PM about Alaska and the #1 ranked '55 Topps All-American Set. The set owner Allen & I chatted on the phone but never quite had the...uh...Alaskan version of the PSA Set Registry Luncheon. image

For those that haven't checked this out yet, there is loads of fun vintage football information here and I've just read much of it for the first time: www.nearmintcards.com/blog/

The NFL Network programming about the Pro Football HOF selection that Jason P. suggested is worth watching.

Consider downloading the mobile eBay application to your iPhone if you haven't yet. I use it. Like anything, it's not perfect. But it's still pretty slick.

I've been noticing something with this set lately that significantly enhances viewing and participation in this great Registry. However if you choose to read on you'll need to accept an apology up front as readers can aptly label this "The Most Cheeky Digression in This Thread's History":

The Registry concept really is a wonderful invention and it's fantastic that more registrants have added scans and comments to their set in order to take advantage of this. This development is on top of the more tangible near-record participation. Getting the chance to whimsically approach a scan of an elite 1935 National Chicle Nagurski graded PSA 8 (thanks, Joe) or square-cornered 1951 Bowman Van Brocklin (several) adds to collecting enjoyment significantly. It's like attending a bunch of virtual museums as some of these gems qualify not only as genuine Sports Americana, but even cross the threshold into relevant tangible vintage American History.

Another mega-cool thing is that it takes neither Fogel-like resources nor Isaacson-esque firepower for commensurate enjoyment at a lower grade to compare your cards with those of the big guns, or simply display your collection to non-collectors. I don't tote that type of ammunition either and it's still a figurative marvel to see one post something more modest like a 1948 Leaf Sammy Baugh PSA 4, get some comments on it, and immediately have a tool to compare it directly to the best set in the world. OK, the nerd alert has concluded for now.

Perhaps in this way too, we'll also get to see where that much-celebrated '48 Leaf Luckman lands. image
  • Options
    Scott, that is one diggity dope-looking Renfro. Congratulations on both the bump and the sale. I always figured that a good card deserves to see the inside of a scanner before it sees the inside of a safe deposit box.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>that would be a real shame. as Bulter helped transform the position from just a back end player, to one of being more agressive (pass rush and run defense) plus having cover skills. >>

Agreed. The fact that he isn't even getting to the semifinals is not a good sign. Maybe, eventually, the Safety position will get a little more street cred and Butler, Atwter and Darren Woodson can get in. I think all 3 were integral parts to Super Bowl winning teams, were DOMINANT on the field, and have the resumes to warrant inclusion.

Jason >>

I agree w/ you on those three and its a shame the selectors neglect the safety position. I'd love to see them in the Hall one day as well. I'm not an Atw@ter fan but his Pro Bowls and 2 Super Bowl rings should help him.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    well see about those safeties. both butler and at*ater are on the all decade team for the 90's, if i remember correctly. that should help too, but it doesnt seem to do anything for kramer.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    So far, in the HOF fan voting the top 10 defensive players are stacking up like this:

Richard Dent 1870
    Charles Haley 1848
    Steve @water 1106
    Ed Too Tall Jones 601
    Kevin Greene 550
    Ricky Jackson 495
    John Randle 474
    Darren Woodson 474
    Donnie Shell 384
    Lester Hayes 374

Somewhat surprised to see @water and Too Tall that high. Also, Leroy Butler only has 190 votes, also surprising that he doesn't get more fan support. I Can say with near certainty that either Dent, Haley or Randle will go in this year. My guess is Dent since he's been the closest in recent years. Could be the only modern defensive guy this class.

Cortez Kennedy only has 56 votes..OUCH...That's the 2nd lowest among the eligible players from the Future HOF Modern set players. Lowest being Aeneas Williams with just 45 votes. Of course these votes won't count in the REAL voting, but more than a few actual voters have talked about the fan vote and you have to believe if they see certain players really high or really low it could very well affect their voting. Will be interesting to see.

If this were the actual vote, your 2010 modern HOFers would be:

Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Cris Carter
    Shannon Sharpe
    Ray Guy (great support for Guy, if he somehow gets in this year, this HAD to help. Almost like an online petition really)

Jason
  • Options

Check out the voting at WWW.JCP.COM/FANS.
    They also have an online voting process for the HOF and Ray Guy is a Clear #5. I guess I need to cast my vote everyday to help keep him in the top 5 image
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps in this way too, we'll also get to see where that much-celebrated '48 Leaf Luckman lands. image >>

Keith,
    It landed in the #2 48 leaf basic set, "Ruby", last night. I thought it was a pop 1, but there are two of them according to his set.

Ruby has an absolutely amazing leaf set with very few cards he doesnt have the highest in, I cant imagine what Bill Gray's set looks like (if he would ever uncover it image )

MAD, I would hope you would join all of us for dinner, we're splitting a hotel room man so theres no getting rid of you! image

Edited to add: Thank the maker we finally turned the page so I dont have to see Keith in ABA basketball shorts running down a hill shirtless every time I click on this thread
  • Options

<< <i>we're splitting a hotel room man >>

That sounds interesting.......

Count me...

OUT..

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I agree with Dave.......and by the way, Joe...with all the money you make changing little old ladies lightbulbs, I would've thought you would spring for your own room...but then again I know you and Marc are tight...Have fun!

Fletch
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with Dave.......and by the way, Joe...with all the money you make changing little old ladies lightbulbs, I would've thought you would spring for your own room...but then again I know you and Marc are tight...Have fun!

Fletch >>

Ok, that came across a little weird, I apolgize, let me clarify. By split the room, I mean Marc gets the left side of the bed, I get the right. Guys gotta save his walking around cash for the national you know. Maybe we can order up some ice cream and get some pay per view or something MAD and you can show me your shine box

And who are you to mudsliing at my living of changing out light bulbs Fletch, you hawk sugar by the truckload to those same little old ladies dude. And dont even get me started on Dave MRI.... what a scam those "MRI" things are.

On to lighter things. Anyone interested in these cards for these prices. Ill ask once, then Im throwing them away out of spite for all of you.

55aa Kinard psa 8. $150
    55b Gatski psa 8 $150
    55b McCormack psa 8 $125
    64t Bell psa 8 $120
    65p Renfro psa 8 $240 (no where near as nice as the 9 OTW just got a bump on)

PM me if interested, all prices delivered

joe
  • Options

<< <i>Howdy all
    Have not been around in a bit and have been doing some catch up reading as always great topics and questions from all.
    Dave in responce to your 100 sets now registered dont forget i am sure there a few high end sets at or close to 100% that are not registered. I KNOW OF 1 FOR SURE LOL image
    Anyway good to see the old crew is still around will try to find time to drop my 2 cents in from time to time and who knows maybe oneday soon at least 1 more set will show back uo on the boards image >>

Nice to see Art in action again. By the way, thanks for spanking my tail last week in Fantasy Football. A true beat down by mostly Redskins players too! Greg Jennings with zero points! Go figure.
  • Options
    Emlen Tunnell is moving just as fast now as he did as a '50s Giants Defensive Back. The population of his 1951 Bowman PSA 8 rookie card has moved from POP 28 to 31 in under four months time, a 10%+ increase for a card nearly sixty years old. The '51 Em is a favorite card from this set. Besides being a memorable, colorful action pose, the history is significant since the card represents both the rookie card of the first black Pro Football HOFer and first black New York Giant. Since I noted earlier that similar POP spikes have happened with like cards, I got a plausible phone explanation from a prominent football card dealer about why he thinks this happens.

Speaking of why things happen...you know, it's funny Joe. Your wife took a sudden interest in reading this thread with you and peeping a certain photo on it when you were viewing the previous page. Now since that page dropped off, she's no longer interested in the CU Message Boards. Gee, I wonder why that happened? image

• Options

<< <i>And dont even get me started on Dave MRI.... what a scam those "MRI" things are. >>

Come on Joe, only 2K a pop. That kind of dough means nothing to you. I gotta support my hobby somehow...

And, by the way, what in the Hel l were the hawk wearing today? I had to wear sunglasses just to watch the game. At least OU got a big win.....

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I just realized the All-decade team was announced last week. Is this the same list of players used to make the set in the registry?

I'm glad to see 4 colts listed and glad Jeff Saturday is getting some love...

OFFENSE
    WR Marvin Harrison
    WR Randy Moss
    T Walter Jones
    G Alan Faneca
    C Jeff Saturday
    G Steve Hutchinson
    T Jonathan Ogden
    TE Tony Gonzalez
    QB Peyton Manning
    FB Lorenzo Neal
    RB LaDainian Tomlinson