Home Sports Talk

Official Houston Texans Thread

Comments

• But the Oilers left Texas. I'm pretty sure a lot of old Oiler fans became disenfranchised with the move and have embraced the Texans. Luckily, for me as a fan I haven't had my team move. The Nets are scheduled to, but I still have family in the 5 boroughs and I'll always root for them.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You're a fan of a team that's been in existence 4 years.

You call others 'bandwagon fans'.

You, sir, are a hypocrite. >>

ughhh. Ax, shut up image

I guess back in the day when the Dodgers and Giants bolted NY Mets fans were bandwagon too? image

Dude, STFU already man! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    But the Oilers left Texas.

axtell schooled again. i suggest you go back to the books dude and read up on nfl history.

Do you even read what YOU write? He's a 'fan' of the HOUSTON texans...do you remember, there was a team LONG, LONG before that called the OILERS.

yeah and again i say 'so what'? maybe he didn't like them for whatever reason. you think you have all the answers all the time and you sir are almost always WRONG.

get a life and stop pestering EVERYONE.

steve
    Good for you.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>But the Oilers left Texas.

axtell schooled again. i suggest you go back to the books dude and read up on nfl history.

steve >>

Uhmmmmm you are the one who suggested he had rooted for a team out of state before the texans came to town, I merely pointed out the Oilers were in Houston prior to this new team.

I know my NFL history - it's apparent you don't.

ok dopey you know everything. I simply suggested that maybe he liked a team from out of state. the cowboys were there too. you are like a donkey with blinders on. your first impression of somthing is the one that you always stay with. you have no idea why he decided to like the texans. you only have what you think.

and it is quite possible that what you think is wrong.

it could be any number of reasons why he prefers that team. hell his grand daddy could own them for all we know.

steve
    Good for you.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know my NFL history - it's apparent you don't. >>

No, it's apparent that YOU don't know NFL history.

Using your logic:

STL would be cheering the Cards, not the Rams
    CLE would be cheering the Ravens and the Rams, not the Browns
    LA would be cheering the Rams and Raiders, not a team to be named later
    BALT would be cheering the Colts, not the Ravens
    CHI would be cheering the Cards, not the Bears

Dope.

Owned again and again and again...

Edited to add: Yes, I was a life-long Oiler fan before Bud moved the team. Earliest childhood memories were watching Earl Campbell on MNF against MIA... I was at the game.

Until you lose a home team, you have no idea what it's like.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>ok dopey you know everything. I simply suggested that maybe he liked a team from out of state. the cowboys were there too. you are like a donkey with blinders on. your first impression of somthing is the one that you always stay with. you have no idea why he decided to like the texans. you only have what you think. >>

Well I personally don't care why he decided to hop on that bandwagon...I simply stated that he's a hypocrite for calling someone a bandwagon fan when he, himself, is the very epitome of a bandwagoner.

<< <i>and it is quite possible that what you think is wrong.

it could be any number of reasons why he prefers that team. hell his grand daddy could own them for all we know.
    >>

It would definitely explain how he came into season tickets!

<< <i>
    Until you lose a home team, you have no idea what it's like. >>

now THAT hits a nerve. I can't IMAGINE rooting for a team for so many years and have them up and leave. Yet it has happened so many times.

GO TEXANS !!!!!! ummm.... except this week against my NY FOOTBALL GIANTS image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    And all this from someone who joined the Mariners and Bucs bandwagon when they were doing well...only to now SUCK!
    jeese it is as easy as fishing with dynomite. axtell is schooled again.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Also, one more franchise. Baltimorons(sorry to any Baltimorians that are on here, us "Eastern Sho" folk call yall that) would cheer for the Yankees.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Edited to add: Yes, I was a life-long Oiler fan before Bud moved the team. Earliest childhood memories were watching Earl Campbell on MNF against MIA... I was at the game.

>>

Suuuuure you were.

Whatever, BANDWAGON RIDER.
    Axhole has probably been called a bandwagoner so many times since becoming fans of the Mariners and Bucs that he has to try and make himself feel better by telling the same to REAL fans of teams.

Im sure there is a psychiatrist who can make a diagnosis.

<< <i>

<< <i>Edited to add: Yes, I was a life-long Oiler fan before Bud moved the team. Earliest childhood memories were watching Earl Campbell on MNF against MIA... I was at the game.

>>

Suuuuure you were.

Whatever, BANDWAGON RIDER. >>

Okay, Twinkerbell, whatever you say.

Funny how you neglected this part of my post:

<< I know my NFL history - it's apparent you don't. >>

Using your logic:

Dope.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>Axhole has probably been called a bandwagoner so many times since becoming fans of the Mariners and Bucs that he has to try and make himself feel better by telling the same to REAL fans of teams.

Im sure there is a psychiatrist who can make a diagnosis. >>

Look, dope.

My friends and family (the people who I really care about) know why and how long I've been a fan of my teams.

You dopes here (who I don't give a rat's ass about) don't need my justification about my sports teams.

Of course he neglected the first part stown, he was schooled and had to bypass that part of it. instead he replies with BS.

steve
    Good for you.
    My friends

you have friends? i doubt that very much.

steve
    Good for you.
    Calling people names...would a psychiatrist diagnose that as maybe a bit of "infantilism"? Along with self esteem issues.

And if Axhole really feels this way, why the bashing of everyone else and imposing opinions on everyone else...but yet no one can do the same to him? Oh wait..I dont think we need a psychiatrist for that....its being called a HYPOCRITE.

• << <i>

<< <i>I know my NFL history - it's apparent you don't. >>

Using your logic:

>>

Yes, we have been through this before.

Add in the team swap between the Rams and Colts owners in the 60s(?) and the NFL implodes.

Keeping in line with this theory some NFL cities that currently host teams would have no right to be fans, such as Indy and Phoenix.

This is the most glaring example of faulty logic shown to date by our resident "board jester." Keep the entertainment coming Jethro!

Those of us in the know say that you should be the Titans fan, not stown.

Of course to anticipate your usual reply - I was born and raised in Philly, take my allegiance with me wherever I travel in the world, and hold Eagles season tickets.

My question - was Paul Tagliabue involved in blowing up the World Trade Center? Al Davis maybe?

<< <i>
    My question - was Paul Tagliabue involved in blowing up the World Trade Center? Al Davis maybe? >>

I heard it could have possibly been Donovan McNabb that was the mastermind.
    The board jackasses sure do gather in flocks!

You guys are the morons who would never utter a word alone on the street, but get a group of you together and you'd have no problem talking chit to a single individual.

<< <i>The board jackasses sure do gather in flocks!

You guys are the morons who would never utter a word alone on the street, but get a group of you together and you'd have no problem talking chit to a single individual. >>

Pot meet Twinkerbell image

Using your logic:

Dope.

Using my logic, you wouldn't be accusing others of being a 'bandwagoner' when you, yourself are precisely that.

If you were a real fan, you'd follow your team, regardless of them moving...sure, root for the 'new' hometeam, but abandoning the team you SAY you followed for years?

It speaks volumes about your ability to discard loyalties on a whim and hop on whatever bandwagon looks most promising.

Dope.

You've been owned again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

<< <i>Using my logic, you wouldn't be accusing others of being a 'bandwagoner' when you, yourself are precisely that. >>

I'm a bandwagoner, just like you? HA! Okay, Twinkerbell, whatever you say.

<< <i>If you were a real fan, you'd follow your team, regardless of them moving...sure, root for the 'new' hometeam, but abandoning the team you SAY you followed for years?

It speaks volumes about your ability to discard loyalties on a whim and hop on whatever bandwagon looks most promising. >>

HUH? Seriously, do you even think before you post? Thank you for proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you know absolutely nothing about anything.

<< <i>Dope. >>

Yup, you sure are.

<< <i>You've been owned again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. >>

Yup, you sure were image

<< <i>The board jackasses sure do gather in flocks!

You guys are the morons who would never utter a word alone on the street, but get a group of you together and you'd have no problem talking chit to a single individual. >>

What's wrong Axy? Cant take a little heat? A little bantering too much for you? Again, this is a fine example of you being a HYPOCRITE because there is no one on these boards that flaps their gums in the most insulting ways.

I can guarantee you dont talk to people on the street like you do on here because you would be at the dr's getting your face repaired all too often.
    Hey Giants fans...

Wanna make a sig line bet? My Texans are going into the Meadowlands and will come out victorious. Eli is an overrated POS and we will expose his numerous flaws this Sunday!

You suck!

/sarcasm image

• << <i>Hey Giants fans...

Wanna make a sig line bet? My Texans are going into the Meadowlands and will come out victorious. Eli is an overrated POS and we will expose his numerous flaws this Sunday!

You suck!
    /sarcasm image >>

Hell yeah I'm up for another sigline bet. I bet, the NY Giants win. lol, Eli is nowhere as overrated as your boy David Carr is. Are you serious about the bet? 1 week sigline bet. I'm down.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Hell yeah I'm up for another sigline bet. I bet, the NY Giants win. lol, Eli is nowhere as overrated as your boy David Carr is. Are you serious about the bet? 1 week sigline bet. I'm down. >>

Uh... No image

If I was serious, I would already have something Giants related in my sig line since I know a loss is pretty much inevitable image

• << <i>

<< <i>Hell yeah I'm up for another sigline bet. I bet, the NY Giants win. lol, Eli is nowhere as overrated as your boy David Carr is. Are you serious about the bet? 1 week sigline bet. I'm down. >>

Uh... No image

If I was serious, I would already have something Giants related in my sig line since I know a loss is pretty much inevitable image >>

hahahahhaaha, oh man. These gin'n'sprites have taken a toll on me. It'll be a nice buffer game, since the next weeks game is against the Chitown Bears. I'm really looking forward to that matchup, but I'm hoping for the Giants defense to come out and dominant the line of scrimmage and force a few turnovers in the process.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Uh... No image

If I was serious, I would already have something Giants related in my sig line since I know a loss is pretty much inevitable image >>

Wow, way to back your team there sparky!!!!

And then we have this thread in which Axhole has been schooled on NFL history. Thus he avoids it.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>

<< <i>Uh... No image

Wow, way to back your team there sparky!!!! >>

Wow, way to know NFL history there, Tinkerbell!!!!

Using your logic:

Dope.

<< <i>
    Uh... No image

Talk about ownage.

Moron.

• << <i>

<< <i>
    Uh... No image

Talk about ownage.

Moron. >>

Lol, as a lifelong Gint fan, I can't dissagree with you Ax even if I wanted too!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Uh... No image

Talk about ownage.

Moron. >>

That's all you got? I admit that the Giants in all likelyhood will beat the Texans and I got owned?

Dang Twinkerbell, you sure are reaching there....

You can find numerous ownage examples through out this and other threads.

Actually, pretty much every thread you post in comes back into serious Tinkerbell ownage.

Better yet... Every time you post, I own you like a $2 ho image

<< <i>
    That's all you got? I admit that the Giants in all likelyhood will beat the Texans and I got owned?
    >>

No, it's because you are such a chicken chit to even make something as stupid as a sig line bet...it shows just how yellow, how cowardly you really are. Back your team, make a stupid sig line bet? Nope, you'd prefer to cower in fear of 'oh my god I'll have to use a giants logo for week!' Chicken chit mf'er.

<< <i>Dang Twinkerbell, you sure are reaching there.... >>

It's not a reach, chicken chit. Time and again your cowardice in stupid little bets are proven, and yet you still continue to run and hide whenever one comes up you can't spin to guarantee to come out in your favor. Chicken chit.

<< <i>You can find numerous ownage examples through out this and other threads. >>

Yeah I can, like you saying 'noooooo don't bet me! my texans don't have a chance! pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't pick on me! I'm too yellow to make something as stupid as a sig line bet!' You're a moron.

<< <i>Actually, pretty much every thread you post in comes back into serious Tinkerbell ownage. >>

Don't see how *I* am the one who got owned when it's *your* pathetic, miserable self who couldn't even man up to something as tiny as a sig line bet. COWARD.

<< <i>Better yet... Every time you post, I own you like a $2 ho >>

I know you have that strange fondness for $2 ho's...you live in an apartment, don't own a car, your momma and sister are both ho's, so no wonder you love the $2 ho so much.

Now, go round up those pennies on the streets to pay your sister!
    The resident bandwagoner says:

imageimageimageimageimage

Have fun cheering.. eh-hem.. "your" team, by yourself, and with no one to give high fives to when a big play happens.

Oh, that's right. Big plays rarely happen to the Bucs since they are dead last in scoring.

Just like you, Twinkerbell boy image

Good luck Giants fan image
    your momma and sister are both ho's,

And people wonder why some of us hate this guy with a passion.

Axtell that comment was uncalled for. You would not say that to his face would you? No you would not. You only say it when you are cowering behind your computer.

You sir are the epitome of what a COWARD is.

Steve
    Good for you.
    Goood game Giants fan.

That turnover was brutal...

Mario looked like a beast and was on Manning all game. It's awesome to watch him grow rather than forming opinions based on what ESPN shows image
    Williams is a stud. Carr played a good game and the Giants almost had a major letdown. ALMOST image

The resident coward refused to take a silly sig line bet, and his team nearly won. How comical would it have been if the texans had won this game? Then we'd have clown (oops, I mean stown) here saying how he knew alllll along the texans would win.

What a yellow, chicken chit MF'er you are, stown, to refuse something as silly as a sig line bet because you have ZERO confidence in your team. And you call yourself a 'fan'? Good god man grow a pair already.
    Stop using my line Axhole, I have always said that you are the resident coward.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>The resident coward refused to take a silly sig line bet, and his team nearly won. How comical would it have been if the texans had won this game? Then we'd have clown (oops, I mean stown) here saying how he knew alllll along the texans would win.

What a yellow, chicken chit MF'er you are, stown, to refuse something as silly as a sig line bet because you have ZERO confidence in your team. And you call yourself a 'fan'? Good god man grow a pair already. >>

Shoulda Woulda Coulda. Giants won. That's all that matters, the W. And yes, I was more than willing to make a sig line bet.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Shoulda Woulda Coulda. Giants won. That's all that matters, the W. And yes, I was more than willing to make a sig line bet. >>

Of course you were. I mean, the Texans were only 13 point dogs and we would have gone straight up on a sig line bet. Can't get any better odds than that image

Congrats again image
  • ^^
    Stown-I predicted the total of 24 points.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    Fred Taylor guaranteed a victory this Sunday.

Link

<< <i>"Because we won't lose this time,'' he [Taylor] said. "That's what you wanted, right?''

Taylor then was asked if that was a guarantee.

"What did it sound like?'' he responded. >>

Even though we just pounded them into submission by 20, he puts this on the locker room wall?

Thanks image
    Great article on Mario here image
    Jags will have no problem handling business this weekend.

Ah, there's nothing like rooting for your home team.

Regardless if they win or lose, it's still your team.

Watching a rookie grow as a player and a person right before your eyes.

Going tailgating with friends, cooking some good grub, and downing a few beers at home games.

Seeing every game live rather than a delayed internet service for recent bandwagoners.

People can flame all they want on your team; it just proves that they have nothing to cheer for image

Just shows they have absolutely, positively have nothing better to do with their time.

Go home team image