• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

>>

haha though you are being quite optimistic with that 14 score, when ron dayne becomes a worthy pickup a week before the season starts.

I'd say more along the lines of 28-3.

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

image >>

>>

I won't be crying if we lose since it's "expected". However, if we win, I can imagine a lot of Eagle fans thowing temper tantrums image

I'll be waking up at the crack of dawn, putting the gear into my car, head over to the stadium, and have a Texas-Sized tailgate with all of the food you can eat and all of the beer you can drink. And then, watch my home team open up the 2006 NFL season. Regardless of the outcome, it's a great way to enjoy Sundays image

I honestly have pity for those who can't personally enjoy what the NFL brings to their town. For those who have a team but pledge their allegiance elsewhere, well, sucks to be you image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

image >>

>>

I won't be crying if we lose since it's "expected". However, if we win, I can imagine a lot of Eagle fans thowing temper tantrums image

I'll be waking up at the crack of dawn, putting the gear into my car, head over to the stadium, and have a Texas-Sized tailgate with all of the food you can eat and all of the beer you can drink. And then, watch my home team open up the 2006 NFL season. Regardless of the outcome, it's a great way to enjoy Sundays image

I honestly have pity for those who can't personally enjoy what the NFL brings to their town. For those who have a team but pledge their allegiance elsewhere, well, sucks to be you image >>

I think the Texans are a VERY live dog at -3.5, and I'll probably be on them. I don't see why they can't win this game straight up. The Eagles are nothing special, and Houston is not a 2-14 team.

• << <i>

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

image >>

>>

I honestly have pity for those who can't personally enjoy what the NFL brings to their town. For those who have a team but pledge their allegiance elsewhere, well, sucks to be you image >>

Agreed. Just wish I could make better use of my tickets and get to every game. Work and travel from FL or wherever I'm deployed in the country get in the way. I'll make at least one this year, maybe two.

Game day in an NFL city is like no other, especially the playoffs.

You are a true fan. Enjoy the game. Good luck.

See how fans of opposing teams can get along? Sure, may throw a jab or two in there but there's no need for any hostility.

Here's to you SoFLPhillyFan image

Two things:

1) Word is we picked up Roy Manning off waivers

2) Line moved up to 4 image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>
    I think the Texans are a VERY live dog at -3.5, and I'll probably be on them. I don't see why they can't win this game straight up. The Eagles are nothing special, and Houston is not a 2-14 team. >>

You're right, the texans are a 1-15 team.

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I think the Texans are a VERY live dog at -3.5, and I'll probably be on them. I don't see why they can't win this game straight up. The Eagles are nothing special, and Houston is not a 2-14 team. >>

You're right, the texans are a 1-15 team. >>

You have made your point and agenda perfectly clear so for at least the 20th time, please stop flaming this thread.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

image >>

>>

I know you know your online poker Boo but you need to learn sports betting terminology. The FAVORITE gets the "-" not the dog. Bodog has the game at Texans +5 1/2 which I think is about right. Dogs often come out psyched for the first game of the season and sometimes play above their heads until reality sets in and down the line they windup playing to their talent level. But that can never be accurately predicted when - could be during this game or could be in one or two games.

Quite allright if you still think online poker can be beat, even though it can't, but I can at least understand that way of thinking. You are completely out of your mind if you think sports bookies can be beat. Sure you can win a game or a few but in reality sports betting is playing random numbers with the juice grinding out all bankrolls - just a question of when. Who the heck really knows if the Texans are a live dog or not? - but it is fun to share our opinions!

It's all random numbers and occurances based on how the ball bounces - and the bookies have this oddsmaking down to a science not an art, and nobody could ever beat them and nobody will ever beat them. The bookies are uncanny at overall getting equal betting action on favorites and dogs throughout the season, and I do look at websites like Bodog to get an indication of who the winner of the game might be. Certainly at +5 1/2 the Texans do have a chance to win, but no better or lesser chance than any other dog anywhere, anytime at +5 1/2. Sports betting truly is a sucker's game - plain and simple.

As you know I don't gamble any longer because for one reason, guys such as Calvin Ayre already have enough money - he doesn't need any more and he's not getting any of mine. But I never rooted against a gambler in my life so if you bet the game of if anyone else bets then best of luck. Frankly, I'd rather get my adrenaline rush sports thrill talking some smack here and having fun that way rather than p*ssing my money away to some stinkin' sports bookie.

Steve
    1 day, 21 hours, 55 minutes, and 10 seconds to go image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1 day, 21 hours, 55 minutes, and 10 seconds to go image >>

Is it really that far away? I WANT FOOTBALL NOW!!!!!!!

<< <i>Is it really that far away? I WANT FOOTBALL NOW!!!!!!! >>

Only 19 hours, 9 minutes, and 10 seconds now image

On the tailgate menu: Ground sirloin and andouille susage burgers, topped with homemade bleu cheese dressing, on a ciabatta roll and lots of beer.

Come rain or shine, I'll be there image
    Go Eagles!!!!!

<< <i>Go Eagles!!!!! >>

For the first and only time this year, I'll be rooting for the eagles.

• << <i>

<< <i>Go Eagles!!!!! >>

For the first and only time this year, I'll be rooting for the eagles. >>

Please don't.

We are a spiritual bunch and would rather not be associated with the antichrist. image

<< <i>

<< <i>Go Eagles!!!!! >>

For the first and only time this year, I'll be rooting for the eagles. >>

Eagles are so good this season even Axtell couldn't give them the kiss of death by rooting for them. Ha!

Go Eagles!!!!! Super Bowl here we come!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Wear it white,
    Wear it proud,
    But come next Sunday,
    Don't cry too loud.

Eagles 28
    Texans 14

image >>

>>

Another Sports Talk forum "kiss of death" pick.

• Texans actually showed up today and looked good in the first half. They could have given the Bucs a lesson.

Took some time for the Eagles O to figure out the defense.

Eagles looked good, a balanced attack. The running game wasn't fantastic, but fit in with the scheme. Stallworth looks very good.

Wow, did McNabb really throw for more yards than the Sucs O combined? Almost twice the total Sucs yardage.

Another banner day for Chrissy "Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" Simms - 133 yards, 3 ints. Get a QB Tampa Bay!!!
    Good game, Phili... The better team won without a doubt.

Even though we lost, still had a blast (even though I was battling through a terrible hangover). Good food, good drinks, good friends, good game, and good times image

We traded Morency for Gado

Link

Line with INDI is + 13.5 image
    Well, while my Texans were getting slaughtered, I was going 2-0 in my fantasy league and....

Visiting beautiful BC

Eating mini-donuts (not my finger - I bite my nails image )

Watching killer whales

And sea lions staying out of the way from said killer whales

Oh well... Good food, good drinks, good friends, and good times image

How bad are the texans?

They allow Mark Brunell to set a NFL record of 22 straight completions, they look completely helpless on defense, and they allow the previously winless Redskins to mop the floor with them.

Hey stownie, I didn't know you were at the game:

<< <i>How bad are the texans?

They allow Mark Brunell to set a NFL record of 22 straight completions, they look completely helpless on defense, and they allow the previously winless Redskins to mop the floor with them. >>

Says the bandwagoning fan of a 0-3 team.

Stop trying to start flame wars and harass me on this thread.
    Who's flaming?

I'm simply posting truths stownie.

Brunell set an NFL RECORD 22 *straight* completions against the texans today. The redskins offense looked unstoppable, and the texans' defense looked completely outclassed.

Don't get mad because you're wearing a bag over your head at games.
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Who's flaming?

I'm simply posting truths stownie.

Brunell set an NFL RECORD 22 *straight* completions against the texans today. The redskins offense looked unstoppable, and the texans' defense looked completely outclassed.

Don't get mad because you're wearing a bag over your head at games. >>

Ax, your team is 0-3....your baseball team is pathetic and in last place....just stating the truth.

Oh, another truth....you are a DOPE.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

Yes, the bucs are 0-3.

Yes, the Mariners are in last in their division (though, unlike the al east, tough top to bottom).

Yes, I am a fan of both. Unlike YOU, I don't root for teams solely based on their past accomplishments.

Obssess much, stalker?

<< <i>Yes, the bucs are 0-3.

Yes, the Mariners are in last in their division (though, unlike the al east, tough top to bottom).

Yes, I am a fan of both. Unlike YOU, I don't root for teams solely based on their past accomplishments.

Obssess much, stalker? >>

No, I root for teams because I always have since early childhood. I dont pick out teams that have a good season from far away lands and decide one day " hey, thats who I am gonna root for "

Moronic DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

I guess it's convenient that in ny you have two football teams, two baseball teams, and two basektball teams to root for - any given year, one of them's gotta be good, right?

Bandwagon rider.

<< <i>I guess it's convenient that in ny you have two football teams, two baseball teams, and two basektball teams to root for - any given year, one of them's gotta be good, right?

Bandwagon rider. >>

Well, you said it, so it must be true.....

Never gets old just pi$$ing out of that whole in your head does it ?

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

On tomorrow's menu:

Ribeye sandwiches, kicked up horseraddish mayo with field greens on a ciabatta bun. On the side, Holmes jalapeno sausage and washed down with Fat Tire image
  • Stown-
    My menu for tommorow(Watching the Jets since the it's the Giants bye week);

Crockpotted Turkey breast with Sourkraught and beer broth(Want the recipe, pm me. It's amazing)
    Egg Noodles with beef stew
    A good dousing of Mohitos(Making a pitcher for the game)
    Cranberry and Vodka
    Bud Light

No, I'm not going out of the house either.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Stown-
    My menu for tommorow(Watching the Jets since the it's the Giants bye week);

Crockpotted Turkey breast with Sourkraught and beer broth(Want the recipe, pm me. It's amazing)
    Egg Noodles with beef stew
    A good dousing of Mohitos(Making a pitcher for the game)
    Cranberry and Vodka
    Bud Light

No, I'm not going out of the house either. >>

Good for you ! Unfortunately for me I work a 4 on 2 off rotating schedule and gotta wait until 3pm before I can even think about a gameday menu.
  • Damn, that sucks but I understand. I'm working about 60 hours a week Mon-Fri so I can guarentee myself sunday off.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    By the way, be careful if you mix the cranberry/vodka with Bud Light.....image
  • Already did today. I missed a lot of NCAA action. But, I woke up feeling quite refreshed hahahahaha.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>On tomorrow's menu:

Another drubbing at the hands of a superior NFL team. >>

• <<horseraddish mayo with field greens on a ciabatta bun. On the side, Holmes jalapeno sausage>>

I LOVE hot food and it sounds very tasty but it must be one helluva a trip when it comes out the other end. image

<< <i>

<< <i>On tomorrow's menu:

Another drubbing at the hands of a superior NFL team. >>

>>

Says the flaming (pun intended), trolling, bandwagoning, flip-flopping Tinkerbell who's team is 0-3.

<< <i>
    Says the flaming (pun intended), trolling, bandwagoning, flip-flopping Tinkerbell who's team is 0-3.
    >>

Oh don't be bitter because your team is the worst in the nfl. mario looks more and more like a flop each and every week while reggie bush is looking like the superstar.

<< <i>Oh don't be bitter because your team is the worst in the nfl. mario looks more and more like a flop each and every week while reggie bush is looking like the superstar. >>

Says the bitter man whose astros raised his hopes only to be dashed and whose texans are the laughingstock in all of the nfl.

<< <i>Says the bitter man whose astros raised his hopes only to be dashed and whose texans are the laughingstock in all of the nfl. >>

Yeah, it really sucks to have a team in the playoff race. Guess when you jump on the Mariners bandwagon, you don't know what it feels like.

You say something like that yet call out other posters not being "fans"?

Now stop attempting to derail this thread. Go make a thread for your bandwagon team; just don't neglect it like you did with those Ms threadS. (<- done on purpose)

<< <i>
    Yeah, it really sucks to have a team in the playoff race. Guess when you jump on the Mariners bandwagon, you don't know what it feels like.
    >>

What bandwagon might that be chickenchit? And wow, your team's been in the 'playoff race' for all of what, a week? hahaha

<< <i>You say something like that yet call out other posters not being "fans"? >>

Yep. I call a spade a spade. Like I call you an idiot, since you are an idiot.

<< <i>Now stop attempting to derail this thread. >>

Oh boo hoo..quit yer crying you lil baby...you gonna get your mommy if I don't stop making fun of your pathetic texans?

:yawns:

As I was saying, stop attempting to derail this thread. Go make a thread for your bandwagon team; just don't neglect it like you did with those Ms threadS. (<- done on purpose) >>

<< <i>:yawns:

As I was saying, stop attempting to derail this thread. Go make a thread for your bandwagon team; just don't neglect it like you did with those Ms threadS. (<- done on purpose) >>

>>

So its ok for you to derail, but my trash talking about the texans isn't?

HYPOCRITE.

<< <i>So its ok for you to derail, but my trash talking about the texans isn't?

HYPOCRITE. >>

Thank you admitting to trolling onto this thread and instigating a flame war image
    GO!
    TEXANS!
    Nope, moron.

I was talking trash about the texans...completely on TOPIC in the 'houston texans' thread.

You attempted to derail.

HUGE difference...but then I shouldn't expect too much out of a texans fan.